Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,657 members, 7,801,910 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 AM

HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous (1683 Views)

The Adventures Of An Innocent Calabar Boy / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House / Help!!! An 'ss' Nairalander Cries Out (disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2017
Pressing Issue. I have a very close friend who is a female. We were so so close that she visits me everyday in my hostel befor goin home. some weeks bk, she told me she had feelings for me and that in order for her nt to do anytin funny wen we ar alone, we should reduce d time we see. We both agreed that it wasn't right n possible for us to hav a relationship cos she is engaged already and has a son for d guy and secondly, I Dnt think I am ready for a relationship with her. I was advised to sit her down and let her know it was an obsession she was havin n not love. That I did. But guess what, since dt period I told her that we hav been havin problems here and there - little things that wouldn't lead to sumtin big now leads to Sth big. Excuses ar nw poppin up wspecially frm her dt I am avoidin her and that made her say sum things dt normally I don't think she would, goin by our closeness. Now she and I no longer call or even talk to each other though normally I didn't use to call, she does. I figure out I should just let her be, that is give her space but I want to be sure that's d right move seein that I hav askd her befor wat d problem is and she was sayin dt I was ignorin her which ofcourse is nt true cos she couldn't giv any tangible occurence dt made her draw her conclusion..... I just want to give her some visible space. I woudnt want d frieendship ended BUT IF THAT'S D BEST THING, WHY NOT ? I can't kill myself. I need guiding responses.

1 Like

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 05, 2017
You did the right thing by letting her know you can't be in a relationship with her b/c she's engaged to someone else. Don't do anything or tell her anything further than what you've already told her b/c you would be instigating things then. As long as she's engaged to the guy, you have no business starting a romantic relationship with her b/c that means she has already made her choice. She should sort herself out if she's confused. If you were the other guy you wouldn't be pleased knowing your fiancee's seeing someone else.

2 Likes

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Seun(m): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2017
She should drop the engagement with the other guy and date you if she likes you so much. Getting pregnant with someone doesn't mean he has to be your life partner. Are you ready to raise her child?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by AHCB: 3:06pm On Aug 05, 2017
You should ask yourself how you feel about her. My advice to you is for you to tell what you want. If you want a relationship, fine, if you don't, fine. Just let her know your stand. Albeit, if she's still act the same way, then leave her be. It's obvious you guys can't be platonic friends.

I've always believed a man and a woman can't be platonic friends without their emotions getting the best of them.
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Evablizin(f): 3:12pm On Aug 05, 2017
undecided
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 4:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
WiredLeggings:
You did the right thing by letting her know you can't be in a relationship with her b/c she's engaged to someone else. Don't do anything or tell her anything further than what you've already told her b/c you would be instigating things then. As long as she's engaged to the guy, you have no business starting a romantic relationship with her b/c that means she has already made her choice. She should sort herself out if she's confused. If you were the other guy you wouldn't be pleased knowing your fiancee's seeing someone else.
not intending to have a relationship but lik I said, she's behaving funny now. Making me consider outright spacing from her though considerin our friendship also. Thanks
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 4:14pm On Aug 05, 2017
Seun:
She should drop the engagement with the other guy and date you if she likes you so much. Getting pregnant with someone doesn't mean he has to be your life partner. Are you ready to raise her child?
got my eyes somewhere else already. Just concerned about our friendship.. It may just hit d rock
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 4:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
AHCB:
You should ask yourself how you feel about her. My advice to you is for you to tell what you want. If you want a relationship, fine, if you don't, fine. Just let her know your stand. Albeit, if she's still act the same way, then leave her be. It's obvious you guys can't be platonic friends.

I've always believed a man and a woman can't be platonic friends without their emotions getting the best of them.
thanks so great
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 4:16pm On Aug 05, 2017
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 4:17pm On Aug 05, 2017
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Richy4(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
cheesy
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Richy4(m): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2017
I was looking for the reason why you created the thread and i did not see it..
>>>>> She was engaged and you gave her space..
>>>>>She has feelings for you and you made a decision not to break her relationship by staying away

what kind of guidance do you want from people again?

4 Likes

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 5:15pm On Aug 05, 2017
Richy4:
I was looking for the reason why you created the thread and i did not see it..
>>>>> She was engaged and you gave her space..
>>>>>She has feelings for you and you made a decision not to break her relationship by staying away

what kind of guidance do you want from people again?
Ok, tnx for response.
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Seun(m): 10:13pm On Aug 05, 2017
Successdude:
got my eyes somewhere else already. Just concerned about our friendship.. It may just hit d rock
It will hit the rocks. You can't eat your cake and have it.

3 Likes

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by baby124: 12:28am On Aug 06, 2017
Seun:
It will hit the rocks. You can't eat your cake and have it.
Seun you know how to give relationship advise very well. But we have not seen your girlfriend's picture or your pre-wedding pics. When are you going to shut down NL with your pre-wedding pics? Time is going o. Choose one out of all your girlfriends already.

2 Likes

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Nobody: 9:39am On Aug 06, 2017
OP, better to let the friendship go. It's complicated already. I know it's kind of sad when you lose a good friend but in this case, she's engaged with a child. Let her Goan rebuild her relationship with the father of her son. She will thank you later for that.

Seun, cake ko, Flour ni undecided

1 Like

Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by Successdude(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2017
Nikita1:
OP, better to let the friendship go. It's complicated already. I know it's kind of sad when you lose a good friend but in this case, she's engaged with a child. Let her Goan rebuild her relationship with the father of her son. She will thank you later for that.

Seun, cake ko, Flour ni undecided
ok thanks for response.....
Re: HELP : An Innocent Friendship Turning Disastrous by originalKsp(m): 9:51am On Aug 17, 2017
baby124:

Seun you know how to give relationship advise very well. But we have not seen your girlfriend's picture or your pre-wedding pics. When are you going to shut down NL with your pre-wedding pics? Time is going o. Choose one out of all your girlfriends already.

lol...Oga Seun right now;

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Necessary Requirements For Marriage At The Registry? / Is It Right To Flush Your Spouse's Poo/feaces??? / Do Yoruba Christian men Marry The Yoruba Muslim Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.