Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators (6805 Views)

Nigerian Politician Sentenced To 154 Years In Jail For Corruption / N1.4bn Fraud: Court Sentences Ex-kogi Lawmaker To 154-year Jail / FRSC Arrests Driver Carrying Container In Eket, Akwa Ibom - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yemeni coast-guard have arrested 154 African infiltrators from Nigeria and Sudan in the western province of al-Hodaidah, the Interior Ministry said on Wednesday.

A total of 143 Nigerians, including 46 women and 25 children, along with 11 Sudanese were arrested in al-Hodaidah province, located near the Red Sea, said the ministry in a statement.

http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90777/90854/6893355.html
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
o ma se oh.

from Nigeria?
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Beaf: 7:38pm On Feb 11, 2010
I wonder how many of those Nigerians are NLer's and how many were going for terrorist training.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by naijaking1: 7:49pm On Feb 11, 2010
tpia.:

o ma se oh.

from Nigeria?

My dear, what does that mean again? I used to know it.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
46 women and 25 Children are not going for terror training. There are people in search of Greener pastures. There are hundrends and thousands of Nigerians in many different countries.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by mekuszyx: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^^^^
Greener pastures in Yemen? Ojigbi! jigbi!! jigbi!!! What is green about Yemen?
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by snowdrops(m): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2010
mekuszyx:

^^^^^^
I laugh, laugh and continue laughing
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by redsun(m): 8:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
Infiltrate wetin?They must be hungry economic refugees running away from bloodsucking politicians like ibb and obj,trying to cross over to countries like dubai and saudi for economic salvation.

Any place is better than nigeria for a common man,our leaders are terrorist.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2010
Certainly for many, Yemen will be better for them than what they have back home. There are many Nigerians everywhere even in Somalia. And certainly. Despite all the Negative news of Yemen, their economy is certainly better than many African countries
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2010
Nigeria is great indeed in all arears, lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 9:05pm On Feb 11, 2010
Just deport them, at least they never stole any thing
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Outstrip(f): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2010
mekuszyx:

^^^^^^

Please abeg I just coughed milk into my nose laughing at this

Tsiya:

Certainly for many, Yemen will be better for them than what they have back home. There are many Nigerians everywhere even in Somalia. And certainly. Despite all the Negative news of Yemen, their economy is certainly better than many African countries

LOL
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by snowdrops(m): 9:06pm On Feb 11, 2010
Very soon SOMALIA  will start deporting ILLEGAL Nigerians shocked
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by edoyad(m): 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2010
You think Farouq Mutallab is the only one who dreams of heaven ? I've been saying it here that if you think Mullab is the exception you must be dreaming.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by beewhyfocs(m): 9:15pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yemen of all places? I read recently that the country is in acute shortage of water and also facing economic crisis.

What are Nigerians looking for in that terrorist-infested domain?
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2010
was Abuzola among them? He's still posting!
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 11, 2010
if Nigerians can go into the sahara desert, claiming it's better than Nigeria, then why not Yemen
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by tayoast(m): 9:18pm On Feb 11, 2010
Arrested?? What for??
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2010
mekuszyx:

^^^^^^

Take a look at the economy of our neighbours: Cameroon, Niger and Benin Republic compare that with yemen and Nigeria. On an individual basis, an average yemini is at a par with an average Nigerian if not better based on the economic statistics

http://www.indexmundi.com/yemen/economy_profile.html

http://www.indexmundi.com/niger/economy_profile.html

http://www.indexmundi.com/cameroon/economy_profile.html

http://www.indexmundi.com/benin/economy_profile.html

http://www.indexmundi.com/nigeria/economy_profile.html

Do not make your judgement of a country base on what you read or hear in news particularly western media. Some are doing better than we thought
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by edoyad(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2010
Yemen is the gateway to heaven, Mutallab left behind 4 million pound crib just to access this gateway, why wouldn't someone who's virtually a beggar do same ?
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
tayo_ast:

Arrested?? What for??

Illegal migrants.

Africans use that route to escape the hardship of the continent into Middle east and onward to Europe
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by hilli666(m): 9:25pm On Feb 11, 2010
Poor women and children! They were probably being smuggled out of the country  to be sold in to the sex trade, which is a booming billion dollar business and Nigerian seems to be becoming one of the major donors of women and young children. I hope they are returned safely and unharmed back to their families.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by edoyad(m): 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2010
But Let's not jump to any conclusions till we learn of the ethnic make up of the Nigerians
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by deols(f): 9:28pm On Feb 11, 2010
Nigerians pride themselves over nothing. U'd be surprised at how better very smaller countries than Nigeria are,starting from their airports. am not surprised anyone's moving to Yemen.Nigerians are everywhere.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by coolguyz(m): 9:29pm On Feb 11, 2010
snowdrops:

Very soon SOMALIA  will start deporting ILLEGAL Nigerians shocked

hw come i find myself beliving this statement. . .

smuggling to yemen? it cant be, please let them come up that yemen was just a transit route. . . . . yemen of all places to risk life go illegally?? toh!
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by beewhyfocs(m): 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
Outstrip:

Please abeg I just coughed milk into my nose laughing at this

LOL

Should they have milk to drink like u, I doubt if they would attempt such unprofitable sojourn!
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Remii(m): 9:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
There are so many foreigners in those Arabian countries doing jobs indigenes would not take up, places like Qatar, KSA, UAE, Omar and Yemen inclusive. These countries Filipinos and Indians do almost all menial works there, They also have oil field and many Nigerian Engineers are doing very well here. These job seekers cut across all tribes, Yoruba Hausa and Ibo / Igbo . Lets us not deceive ourself things are hard in Nigeria, who feels it, knows it, apology to Jimmy Cliff.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 9:35pm On Feb 11, 2010
edoyad:

Yemen is the gateway to heaven, Mutallab left behind 4 million pound crib just to access this gateway, why wouldn't someone who's virtually a beggar do same ?

I do not understand why you are trying to make this some kind of a religious issue.

Most of these people are unfortunate Africans escaping hardship. Most people do not understand the economic hardship people in the East of Africa are facing. These countries are suffering from droughts. They lack basic food and hence the travel thousands of kilometers to get away. Kenya, Ethopia, Eritria, Sudan, Somalia and Djibouti are seriously suffering. We know there is a large number of Nigerian community in Sudan, I want to belief these are Nigerians that migrated for these areas either escaping the civil wars or drought
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Talknado1: 9:39pm On Feb 11, 2010
is it the same yemen that abdulmutallab visited and was giving spiritual brain-washing coffee? Nna madu agwula ooo, that means a potential 146 terrorist in yemeni net. Please they should try them. if found guilty SHARIA dem pzzzzzzz. sad
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by Tsiya(m): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
Remii:

There are so many foreigners in those Arabian countries doing jobs indigenes would not take up, places like Qatar, KSA, UAE, Omar and Yemen inclusive. These countries Filipinos and Indians do almost all menial works there, They also have oil field and many Nigerian Engineers are doing very well here. These job seekers cut across all tribes, Yoruba Hausa and Ibo / Igbo . Lets us not deceive ourself things are hard in Nigeria, who feels it, knows it, apology to Jimmy Cliff.

Sometimes people are not realistic. People that travel outside Nigeria will be suprise how many Nigerians you will see in those countries. I have even started to think may be our economic condition is too bad that only people from Niger and Benin repbulic are found in Nigeria. Nigerians are everywhere. Thousands of them doing all sorth of things.

Was it not recently libya deported thousands of Nigerians?
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by amigoes(m): 9:41pm On Feb 11, 2010
Shame on our leaders.
50 years of independence wasted!
50 solid years down the drain.
Re: Yemen Arrests 154 Nigerian, Sudanese Infiltrators by kaypound(m): 9:47pm On Feb 11, 2010
Now we can never be off that terror list again, This makes Visa grants more difficult sad cry and checking in more humiliating from immigration/security officers. sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Shagari Is Overthrown===> Sani Abacha Coup Speech / Pictures Don't Lie: The mosque was not set ablaze / APC Holds Campaign Rally In Gwiwa Local Government, Jigawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.