Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,905 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:52 AM

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life (14965 Views)

Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire / 3 Things That Can Kill Your Christian Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Thepasserby(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2017
Man was created with a longing to fellowship with the divine. Whether we like it or not, we are looking for God in one way or the other. When this God was supposed to be our all in all, we have now resulted to things that are now taking the place Of The divine in our lives.

Here are three things that are taking the place of God in our lives.

1. Knowledge,
When people acquire knowledge they feel they now have enough Evidences to tell the world that God does not exist.

2. Relationships
We now worship or serve Our girlfriend/boyfriend and even reverence them more than God.

3. Career

Copied from www.palmchatnow.com

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Spicy06: 11:44pm On Aug 05, 2017
Very true
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by vincent10(m): 6:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Also those three things can bring us much closer to God. It all depends in you and your relationship with this phenomena.

11 Likes

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by GraceEzeh(f): 6:30am On Aug 06, 2017
Abi
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Epositive(m): 7:35am On Aug 06, 2017
they might serve as catalyst in serving God, Depending on ur state of mind smiley

3 Likes

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by KnowMore: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2017
I think this is sensible

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Nobody: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2017
Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing can take the place of God in my life.

He is my all in all.

Happy Sunday beautiful people.

9 Likes

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Nobody: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2017
very true...mostly that number 2 and 3...dem boyfriend and girlfrd pple and workaholic tins

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by greatgod2012(f): 11:25am On Aug 06, 2017
Money is taking the lead, even more than these aforementioned!

May God help us!

5 Likes

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by YelloweWest: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2017
Op u forgot the most obvious

Sin...

Lord give us the grace to live according to Your standard and the humility to ALWAYS return to You when we have erred, in Jesus name, Amen.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:27am On Aug 06, 2017
its a two way thing... knowledge ,partner and career ..they can even be the reason we serve God more
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by baike: 11:27am On Aug 06, 2017
shut up is a big lie
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by darlous(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2017
Very true
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by thickminaj(f): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2017
This modern day it's lack of contentment and lots of addictions... Nice one op
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by gabi98(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2017
OP that's your opinion, those things can either bring you nearer or far away to God, it depends on how you handle it
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by lukotony(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2017
1. Money 2. Puz€y/di.ck 3. Orgasm

1 Like

Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by kingsleybrave(m): 11:30am On Aug 06, 2017
THEY MYT ALSO SERVE AS TOOLS TO BRING YOU CLOSER TO GOD. VICE VERSA THOUGH. SO MUCH GUILTY NUMBER 2. HOW WISH I CAN JUST BREAK OUT OF THE BONDAGE. IT HAS REALLY EATEN ON ME. I SURELY MAKE HEAVEN, JUS IF I COULD CHANGE THIS PRIORITY TO HIM. (GOD) ITS WELL ALL THE SAME cryTHEY MYT ALSO SERVE AS TOOLS TO BRING YOU CLOSER TO GOD. VICE VERSA THOUGH. SO MUCH GUILTY NUMBER 2. HOW WISH I CAN JUST BREAK OUT OF THE BONDAGE. IT HAS REALLY EATEN ON ME. I SURELY MAKE HEAVEN, JUS IF I COULD CHANGE THIS PRIORITY TO HIM. (GOD) ITS WELL ALL THE SAME
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by hopefulLandlord: 11:30am On Aug 06, 2017
hahahha
Thepasserby:

1. Knowledge,
When people acquire knowledge they feel they now have enough Evidences to tell the world that God does not exist.
"The essence of Christianity is told to us in the Garden of Eden history. The fruit that was forbidden was on the Tree of Knowledge. The subtext is, All the suffering you have is because you wanted to find out what was going on. You could be in the Garden of Eden if you had just kept your forking mouth shut and hadn't asked any questions."
-- Frank Zappa

when we read a fictional fantasy, one has to suspend disbelief and go with the story to enjoy the tale. If one picks at the stories loose threads the whole yarn unravels.
That is why I think the web, the virtual forbidden tree of knowledge, is so helpful as those posing questions are answered with so few comprehensible answers.

The hand held device has almost made available to the curious youngsters, the entire accumulation of mankind's knowledge, at the touch of a little finger. The web is exposing the emotional content to intellectual scrutiny.
The web transmits information and promotes learning and more thus curiosity.

There is no device that transmits emotional belief.
The ir/relevance of emotional convictions pales in comparison to the real and practical human issues and problems that will require more doers, and less prayers. I think the internet promotes more skepticism towards organized faith, and/or the affirmation of faith, in most connected societies.
Time will tell.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by determinerman(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2017
Ok
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 06, 2017
BleSSedMee:
Nothing, I mean absolutely nothing can take the place of God in my life.

He is my all in all.

Happy Sunday beautiful people.
stop making noise.
The Bible says that we profess to know God by the words of our mouth but by works we deny Him.
My dear it's not always about lips service.
Now lemme ask.. How many hours do you devote daily and deny the pleasures of the flesh to pray to God in the secrets.
Your duration of Facebook chats and browsing the Internet and duration of your personal Bible study, which one takes the greater duration?
Do you always preachd Christ in your work place/school and does The fruit of Christ manifest in your life outside?
Professing to love God isn't just by Professing with your lips cos I strongly believe by Works.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Agimor(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Treasure has a special connection to the heart. Whatever you apportion most of your time to is your greatest treasure.

May God help us!
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by LLSAINT(m): 11:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Lets summate the three into one. It is SELF. Only YOURSELF can take the place of God in your life.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by dljbd1(m): 11:58am On Aug 06, 2017
money
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Nobody: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2017
Thepasserby:
Man was created with a longing to fellowship with the divine. Whether we like it or not, we are looking for God in one way or the other. When this God was supposed to be our all in all, we have now resulted to things that are now taking the place Of The divine in our lives.

1. Knowledge,

2. Relationships
We now worship or serve Our girlfriend/boyfriend and even reverence them more than God.

3. Career

Brow God does not want to have a place in anyone's, that's why he Gave man freewill.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by infogenius(m): 12:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
4. Smart phones
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 06, 2017
GrandFinale2017:
stop making noise.
The Bible says that we profess to know God by the words of our mouth but by works we deny Him.
My dear it's not always about lips service.
Now lemme ask.. How many hours do you devote daily and deny the pleasures of the flesh to pray to God in the secrets.
Your duration of Facebook chats and browsing the Internet and duration of your personal Bible study, which one takes the greater duration?
Do you always preachd Christ in your work place/school and does The fruit of Christ manifest in your life outside?
Professing to love God isn't just by Professing with your lips cos I strongly believe by Works.

Didn't bother to read after the first line.

Stop making noise indeed. As if you know me.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by InfoMinister: 1:02pm On Aug 06, 2017
Thepasserby:

1. Knowledge,

2. Relationships

3. Career

I believe it's an individual thing... Everything in life is all about our attitude to life and situations. To me, all those things bring me closer to God! [color=#006600][/color]
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Ulomoney(f): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2017
Thepasserby:

1. Knowledge,

2. Relationships

3. Career

Point 1 is very logical. Don't you think?

If these people with all these knowledge know God exists, they will tell people about him, not so?
Same thing goes. If with these knowledge they realize Jesus is just a literal imagination of very intellectual Roman propagandists (afterall, there is no historical evidence of Jesus), won't you expect they will say so too?
#JustSaying
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by onyxo76(m): 1:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
Number 4 should be smart phone and social media.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Tattooboy: 2:07pm On Aug 06, 2017
The list ain't complete without money.
Re: 3 Things That Take The Place Of God In Your Christian life by Dcaliphate(m): 2:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
4. love of punny

(1) (2) (Reply)

Name Of Allah Appear On A Tree (pics) / Ghosts, Spirits, Paranormal Entities, Are They Real?(Warning). / Why Is It Necessary To Appeal To God For Objective Morals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.