Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,390 members, 7,808,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:08 AM

5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything (12108 Views)

5 Bible Verses That Prove That God Hears Our Prayers / 10 Bible Verses On Tithing / 5 Bible Verses To Help Parents In Bringing Up Their Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by davidif: 3:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
celestialAgent:
Hold up man, I'm not Gods enemy. That am a sinner does not mean I have some intentions to hurt God. So please go check what it means to be an enemy before spilling shlt. And one thing you should correct is your attitude towards argument. You don't just make a u-turn to personify a general discussion. If you cannot affirm your opinion with GENERAL facts, then chicken out.

You don't have to hurt God personally but when you do things against people you offend God. There is a reason why a lot of Gods commandment deal with how humans interact with one another and if he were to judge you the way you pass judgement on others you probably would not last.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Chidonc(m): 3:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
davidif:

First of all, there was never an Israeli Pakistan war so I don't know what you are talking about?

Secondly, people have not changed and even if they are, they are much more civilized than.they used to be. The Romans were a very brutal and ruthless peope and they occupied Israel during The time of Jesus so if you think people are better today than they were 2000 years ago you are deluded.
sorry bro, u are also deluded. .
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by davidif: 4:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
Chidonc:

sorry bro, u are also deluded. .

Is that your only response? Haha what are you? 12?
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by davidif: 4:40pm On Aug 07, 2017
celestialAgent:
At the bolded, after making those edifices mutually beneficial here on earth, is it said/expected to be the same after life? Why do we have heaven and hell? Why was it stated that the current hell is just a preamble, the lake of fire is the main home of lucifer and his folowers after the judgment day?

Are the unrighteous not Gods enemy - I mean people who destroy Gods work for their earthly benefits? You might want to just say they are just unrighteous and not enemy.

Why can't God just grant them unsolicited forgiveness since we are meant to love and forgive our enemies? You know like God making the heaven readily available for a fellow who cut off a woman's vigin.a for money ritual? I guess you would expect the victim to just forgive when God made it clear in his word that such crimes carry heavy consequences.

That's part of counting the cost.
Look the bible says that Christ followers are to be a light to the world and not be like everyone else. If you are not different then what's the point of being a follower? Why not just make your own rules and live for your self?

You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. - Matt 5:16

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. - Matt 5:46-48

Then Jesus told his disciples, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. - Matt 16:24 - 26

But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand. - Matt 7:24
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by walls01: 7:31pm On Aug 07, 2017
celestialAgent:
At the bolded, I guess it is normal to forgive an enemy who cuts your left hand, and going back to hating and casting him into hell when he comes back to cut your right hand?

Read my scenarios in the comments above.

nothing I will say that will make sense to you because guys like you faults every thought about God. brace yourself and answer this question please don't run away reply. how did the universe begin
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by Chidonc(m): 9:47pm On Aug 07, 2017
davidif:

Is that your only response? Haha what are you? 12?
yea bro, it goes a long way to show how foolish you have been, we argued our different views until you invited insults to the discussion, guess you are just a child with internet access.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by davidif: 10:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Chidonc:

yea bro, it goes a long way to show how foolish you have been, we argued our different views until you invited insults to the discussion, guess you are just a child with internet access.

Hahahahaha

Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by celestialAgent(m): 11:26pm On Aug 07, 2017
walls01:

nothing I will say that will make sense to you because[b] guys like you faults every thought about God[/b]. brace yourself and answer this question please don't run away reply. how did the universe begin
At the bolded, really? Don't you think it's a sin to have deemed me to be an atheist when I have not declared myself as one? Well, I stopped being surprised about how Christians just conclude about things the day I heard a deeper life fanatic saying no Jehova witness member shall make heaven cos they to Jehova directly and not through Jesus. grin grin

P.S. Incase you get into a similar argument with a different person, just stand your ground about promoting your belief, do not stereotype.
Re: 5 Bible Verses That Will Teach You To Love Your Enemies In Spite Of Everything by walls01: 10:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
celestialAgent:
At the bolded, really? Don't you think it's a sin to have deemed me to be an atheist when I have not declared myself as one? Well, I stopped being surprised about how Christians just conclude about things the day I heard a deeper life fanatic saying no Jehova witness member shall make heaven cos they to Jehova directly and not through Jesus. grin grin

P.S. Incase you get into a similar argument with a different person, just stand your ground about promoting your belief, do not stereotype.

you sound like an atheist. no man no who is going to make heaven or not. there are countless instances in the Bible to back that up. any man that say this people will or will not have taken God place. God love righteousness and a man of love that is what Jesus came to tell us

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frank Edwards Songs => What Does The Bible Say? / What Is The Theme Of 2023 In Your Church / Living Faith Distributes Relief Items To Eleven IDP Camps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.