Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,274 members, 7,807,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:55 PM

Why Are You Not In Church Today? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You Not In Church Today? (6815 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: How Dare You Tell How Long We Stay In Church / Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You Not In Church Today? by edidiongmichael(m): 7:19am On Aug 06, 2017
This is a very important question for Christians that are not going to church today. What's your excuse? What if trumpet sounds today, what will you tell God as pe why you stayed back from church?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Shelloween(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2017
Will going to church lead you to Heaven? And will God condem you just because you didn't go?

15 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by eezeribe(m): 7:22am On Aug 06, 2017
We are all sinners... But na 'sinners' carry church for head.Before 7.am,them don occupy front seat.
HYPOCRITES.

17 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by kalvoken(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2017
I forgot today was church grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by eezeribe(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:
This is a very important question for Christians that are not going to church today. What's your excuse? What if trumpet sounds today, what will you tell God as pe why you stayed back from church?

What concerns going to church with when trumpet sounds ... My dear,study your Bible and stop depending on pamphlets and bulletins.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by edidiongmichael(m): 7:27am On Aug 06, 2017
kalvoken:
I forgot today was church grin

My brother, this your case is different grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by hopefulLandlord: 7:28am On Aug 06, 2017
because Jesus story is a fairytale

How does one know his/her god exists. Because he came down and told you face to face? No
Because if you act in a good way only good things will happen to you? No

Because if you obey certain rules that he hands down and believe in him fully that you will lead a great life and be content? No

How about the fact that you were genetically born of another human and you will live you life until you die whether you believe in a deity or you don't. Sounds like reality to me. Leave out all the gobbledygook and nothing changes. Religious belief is an opiate that makes you think you belong to a group and that you have a deity which will help you live your life. That might be true if all those who don't believe in your deity couldn't live their life in the same way. It just proves that believing in a deity is superfluous in how one lives their life and how one's life is effected by the randomness that is life on Earth.

People "know" their god is real the exact same way children know that Santa is real. They are told it is real by people they trust.

The only fundamental difference between a belief in god(s) and in Santa is that the former is often reinforced for decades (Churches, Schools via crk, family) while the latter is not.

18 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by edidiongmichael(m): 7:29am On Aug 06, 2017
eezeribe:

What concerns going to church with when trumpet sounds ... My dear,study your Bible and stop depending on pamphlets and bulletins.

God can not forsake the gathering of the righteous. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by eezeribe(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:
lalasticlala,Mynd44
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by eezeribe(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:

God can not forsake the gathering of the righteous. Remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy.

Unrelated to the question... Out of point.that is what we see everywhere,people just go about quoting the scriptures out of context,funny enough,it's people with little or no understanding of the scriptures that are always overzealous and eager to preach from the little they know,thereby spreading ignorance,instead of gospel.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Young03(m): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2017
Tryth is that I don't know

I haven't been to church more than 4times since this year
And the funny thing is that, the church is just 1km away from my house
St Joseph's Catholic church, Ist east circular rd b/c
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Larryfest(m): 7:36am On Aug 06, 2017
Cos av stopped going for like 5years now undecided

4 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by swiz123(m): 7:38am On Aug 06, 2017
I don't have offering money

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Akshow: 7:38am On Aug 06, 2017
Because after following my parents to church several years, I realized that several other children follow and get Indoctrinated by their parents into several hundreds of other religions. So I followed my brain and discovered that religion is a hoax. A tool for oppression, hatred, greed and manipulation. A tool for giving poor masses hope of an afterlife to ward them off revolting and protesting. Lifetime better for me now. Now, Sundays are for relaxation

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by eunisam: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2017
It's raining over here
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Lanceslot(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2017
Because Uka di na obi @ Op.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by edidiongmichael(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2017
eezeribe:

Unrelated to the question... Out of point

To you I guess
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by iamwoods(m): 7:41am On Aug 06, 2017
Only The Rich Enjoying Serving God.Offerring,Titles and Diff Type Of Money To The Church,i No Get..Happy Xundae Maybe I Will Going To Church Around Year 2020

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Divay22(f): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2017
I don't know angry
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by gbaskiboy: 7:42am On Aug 06, 2017
Churches has deviated from God from a very longtime

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 06, 2017
First reason is coz I put reasonable money as offering last Sunday and I wasn't blessed during the week, so I am angry but if I check and see the car key on top the table I just may go to Church, my body and spirit weak

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by rheether(f): 7:43am On Aug 06, 2017
Because out mumu don do..

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by FreeSpirited: 7:44am On Aug 06, 2017
because I one fvck. I don book the ass already. And I no go get time during the week, This is just my only opportunity. May I come back next Sunday to give testimony of my manhood. Amen

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by 14teenK: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2017
I got tired of making my pastor a millionaire

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by MARSONE: 7:45am On Aug 06, 2017
I am in the middle of Indian ocean hustling please pray for me.

that is why I am not going to church and have not been to church since April.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2017
...cos I really don't feel like going. Itz usually' learn to give ,give and give to the church(pastor) .Intense individualism and moreso,then social classes has been more recognised and embraced by the church that hardly will they embrace those they think can not reciprocate in cash,not minding kind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by HARKJOSH: 7:46am On Aug 06, 2017
because it's jccf handing over here cant move to hill top auditorium
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Doctorflaky(f): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2017
Shelloween:
Will going to church lead you to Heaven? And will God condem you just because you didn't go?

If you're a born again Christian, you will definitely make heaven but going to church will contribute to your growth in Christ... You won't grow by staying at home and of course you wouldn't like to be on a spot and not grow or if you have a baby that is not growing will you be happy? God loves us regardless.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by kalvoken(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2017
edidiongmichael:

My brother, this your case is different grin

I guess you are not in Nigeria at the moment, maybe you are in Kenya.
Else, you will know that men do cross road unknowingly these days. No thanks to buhari.
Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by EDIB0B0(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2017
I wanted to oo then the devil come and lick my ear tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by lollmaolol(m): 7:48am On Aug 06, 2017
Relaxing

1 Like

Re: Why Are You Not In Church Today? by Nobody: 7:49am On Aug 06, 2017
Am not in a good mood and going to church wont help

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My (non) Judicial Meeting With 4 Jehovah's Witness Elders / Nigerian Style Prayer - Is It Effective? / Election For New Pope To Begin On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.