Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No (2900 Views)

To The Yorubas "Stop Praising Olorun, He Is Not The Christian God" / Is The Christian God And The Muslim God One ? / Easter Gift: “the Christian God: Blood And Human Sacrifice” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by mystics(m): 12:16am On Feb 12, 2010
Fellow Christians, i have heard severally from the mouth of people for various reasons say

1. You will find muslims in heaven
2. We are serving one God

But here is what is the truth that we Christian Believe

1. The bible is clear about the way and it says that he who believes and recieves him as God the son has enternal life. 1 John 5:11-12 ", and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." Am not God and hence have not the power to decide who enter heaven or not but with this understand of the bible, i am seriously thinking.

2. God is in three persons, God the father, God the SON and God the holy spirit

What makes My God and the Muslim God the same when they dont believe in the very essence of God as GOD, GOD the son. We believe Jesus is God himself and hence worship him while my muslim brother dont.

The essence of Christianity is Christ, put him out and there is no WE.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by 1stknight(m): 1:26am On Feb 12, 2010
Whyts don suffer us 4 africa dat's Y i lov d egyptian
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by mamagee3(f): 1:38am On Feb 12, 2010
I don't know much about Islam. . .So I can't tell if they are the same.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by alimat2(f): 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2010
@ Poster  and other non bbelieverof Islam,

Before u can critics or against any religion/culture/tribe u need to have proper and sound knowledge about it. Most people perish becos  of lack of knowledge and  ignorance.

@Post,

If u say we are not serving same God there is no mistake in that.

Muslims worship a God without mother or son while xtian worship God of trinity with son.

As a Muslim we worship the God of Noah,Abraham,Moses, Jesus and Mohammed(peace unto them all) which is the only one true God but xtians say they worship God the son,the father and the holy  spirit.

We all know that in the days of Abraham,Moses and Noah they worship just one true God and not the trinity and  d bible confirms that Abraham   or Moses did not mention the trinity as their God but they mention the one true God
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by debetmx(m): 2:46pm On Feb 12, 2010
In as much as am a christian, the poster has shown that he is narrow minded and ignorant. Irrespective of your religion, if you dont love your neighbour as your self, you will not enter into God's Kingdom
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by mystics(m): 7:48pm On Feb 13, 2010
alimat 2:

@ Poster  and other non bbelieverof Islam,

Before u can critics or against any religion/culture/tribe u need to have proper and sound knowledge about it. Most people perish becos  of lack of knowledge and  ignorance.

@Post,

If u say we are not serving same God there is no mistake in that.

Muslims worship a God without mother or son while xtian worship God of trinity with son.

As a Muslim we worship the God of Noah,Abraham,Moses, Jesus and Mohammed(peace unto them all) which is the only one true God but xtians say they worship God the son,the father and the holy  spirit.

We all know that in the days of Abraham,Moses and Noah they worship just one true God and not the trinity and  d bible confirms that Abraham   or Moses did not mention the trinity as their God but they mention the one true God
Does dis make us worship d same God? U dnt choose portions of d bible to believe as long it is in line wit ur digested perverted truth. Very clear, we are not worshippin d same God. Jesus Christ is at the centre of it all as God the Son and u dnt believe. Am not saying who is worshippin d true God. Obviously i knw dat deep down my heart as a fundamental truth. I need no one to tell me.
debetmx:

In as much as am a christian, the poster has shown that he is narrow minded and ignorant. Irrespective of your religion, if you dont love your neighbour as your self, you will not enter into God's Kingdom
u narrow minded sunday church goer. Ur kind only warm sits in church, am not sure u read a bible talk more of owning one. I dnt have ur time so pls check ur self if ur in d faith and repent or burn in hell.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by alimat2(f): 3:25pm On Feb 16, 2010
^^^^^^^^^^

If u say xtians worship d son god, did prophet Abraham,Moses, Noah etc also worship the son god?
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nezan(m): 3:44pm On Feb 16, 2010
@alimat; Which guy's door are you always close to? You no want make the guy rest?
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by muhsin(m): 4:03pm On Feb 16, 2010
Nezan, we've not exchanged words for ages. What's amiss? cool
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by alimat2(f): 4:27pm On Feb 16, 2010
Nezan:

@alimat; Which guy's door are you always close to? You no want make the guy rest?

grin grin grin grin grin grin, i no fit shout oooo. No bi guy door ooooo
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nezan(m): 4:55pm On Feb 16, 2010
muhsin:

Nezan, we've not exchanged words for ages. What's amiss? cool

Nothing spoil, Muhsin. Office just got busier.

alimat 2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin, i no fit shout oooo. No bi guy door ooooo

I no believe you-o . . . okay which door you dey always dey close to? I wan know, abeg.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by omobadan(m): 12:20am On Feb 17, 2010
This religion palaver sef. God & Allah aren't the same? So why do you keep saying there's only one God? I've asked this question before. Christians & Muslim believe in two different entities. Which means there many Gods! Whao! Lucky us! So, we can swing both ways if it suits us. Yippee!!!!!
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by norri: 4:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
There is only one creator, whether we call that creator God, Allah or anything that other religions choose to call him. We all have a right to follow the path to our creator in which ever fashion suits our hearts and should be free to do so without condemnation.

Violence in the name of religion is surely polar opposites to what religions are trying to achieve. Ultimately we all have the same aim, to find our path to our creator whether we call him God, Allah or whatever.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 11:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
after going through the replies in this posts i have finally realized why there will never be peace on earth. with every religion claiming to be the only way to God and thereby those in other religions are condemned. their own God is the only true God and the Gods of all other religions are fake. haba. where is the love that this same religions say we should practice. it really pains me when i see people leave out the real spiritually in their religions and start arguing over mundane things that really does not matter. as i said in some of my other postings, many souls are going to get the shock of their life when they die and come face to face with God. you will be surprised that God is not going to congratulate you on being a member of any religion or believing in any body. what God is interested in is how much love have you been able to give to all life. you have to know that nothing can exist unless God allows it. so God deliberately allows so many religions to exist on earth today in other to cater for each souls likes and dislikes and each soul's level of consciousness. it is only an ignorant soul that will condemn any religion on earth today in other words you are saying that God is stupid for allowing that religion to exist. if only we can put our attention on unconditional love this world will be a much better place. finally i want to point out to the poster that God still speaks to us today if you will learn how to listen to God. why don't you ask God his own opinion whether God and Allah are the same. then watch your experience.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by norri: 9:16am On Feb 18, 2010
Benodic

This is very much like I was trying to say except you put it far more eloquently. Well done
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by MrCrackles(m): 9:18am On Feb 18, 2010
Topic
Absolutely true. . .

norri:

There is only one creator, whether we call that creator God, Allah or anything that other religions choose to call him. We all have a right to follow the path to our creator in which ever fashion suits our hearts and should be free to do so without condemnation.

Violence in the name of religion is surely polar opposites to what religions are trying to achieve. Ultimately we all have the same aim, to find our path to our creator whether we call him God, Allah or whatever.
Peach. . . . wink
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 18, 2010
MrCrackles:

Topic
Absolutely true. . .

That is a muslim fantasy to justify stealing the bible. We cant be serving the same God and have 2 entirely different manuals from Him. He isnt the author of confusion. Surely even a 2 yr old doesnt need to be brainwashed to know that.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2010
benodic:

after going through the replies in this posts i have finally realized why there will never be peace on earth. with every religion claiming to be the only way to God and thereby those in other religions are condemned. their own God is the only true God and the Gods of all other religions are fake. haba. where is the love that this same religions say we should practice. it really pains me when i see people leave out the real spiritually in their religions and start arguing over mundane things that really does not matter. as i said in some of my other postings, many souls are going to get the shock of their life when they die and come face to face with God. you will be surprised that God is not going to congratulate you on being a member of any religion or believing in any body. what God is interested in is how much love have you been able to give to all life. you have to know that nothing can exist unless God allows it. so God deliberately allows so many religions to exist on earth today in other to cater for each souls likes and dislikes and each soul's level of consciousness. it is only an ignorant soul that will condemn any religion on earth today in other words you are saying that God is silly for allowing that religion to exist. if only we can put our attention on unconditional love this world will be a much better place. finally i want to point out to the poster that God still speaks to us today if you will learn how to listen to God. why don't you ask God his own opinion whether God and Allah are the same. then watch your experience.

I shake my head in sorrow . . . so much confusion and delusion wrapped up in eloquent demagogery.

for your information . . . Jesus Christ said - I AM THE WAY . . . THE TRUTH . . . and the LIFE. If that isnt "condemning" all other religions on earth then ask the pharisees how they felt.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

That is a muslim fantasy to justify stealing the bible. We cant be serving the same God and have 2 entirely different manuals from Him. He isnt the author of confusion. Surely even a 2 yr old doesnt need to be brainwashed to know that.
One manual teacheas hatred&terrorism,whilst d other tells us dat God is love&we must love any1 God has created,irrespective of their beliefs.D 2manuals re in contrast,so we re not serving same God
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 11:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
Dear davidylan,
it is very okay for you to shake your head in sorrow over what i posted. while you depend on a book to tell you about truth i depend on my own experiences with God to teach me the truth. the truth is not in any book written by man. the truth is within you and is available to any soul who has learnt how to go within to find answers to the mysteries of life. the holy books are just a guide on how to make your own contact with God as others have done. i will throw you a challenge. why dont you pray the way you usually do then call on your master Jesus Christ to explain to you what he really meant when he made that statement. ask him if there are no other ways to God apart from christianity. all the spiritual masters are still alive today and are teaching those souls who are ready to take the next step in their spiritual growth. those that are ready to start thinking outside the box. all it takes is for you to invite them to come and teach you and they will come if you are sincere. i will still assure you that when you get to heaven you are going to see moslems, hinduists, buddhists, pagans etc. there. in fact you are going to see all the souls that have learnt how to love all life.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 11:20pm On Feb 18, 2010
benodic:

Dear davidylan,
it is very okay for you to shake your head in sorrow over what i posted. while you depend on a book to tell you about truth i depend on my own experiences with God to teach me the truth. the truth is not in any book written by man. the truth is within you and is available to any soul who has learnt how to go within to find answers to the mysteries of life. the holy books are just a guide on how to make your own contact with God as others have done. i will throw you a challenge. why dont you pray the way you usually do then call on your master Jesus Christ to explain to you what he really meant when he made that statement. ask him if there are no other ways to God apart from christianity. all the spiritual masters are still alive today and are teaching those souls who are ready to take the next step in their spiritual growth. those that are ready to start thinking outside the box. all it takes is for you to invite them to come and teach you and they will come if you are sincere. i will still assure you that when you get to heaven you are going to see moslems, hinduists, buddhists, pagans etc. there. in fact you are going to see all the souls that have learnt how to love all life.

this is nonsense. How do you know that those experiences are from "God"?
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 11:37pm On Feb 18, 2010
davidylan:

this is nonsense. How do you know that those experiences are from "God"?
Even satan preaches&gives experience.He was able to take away life 4rm man in d garden of eden&gave him death in return,he almost destroyed job&tried his craftiness on Jesus but didnt work.At times satan might be leading while ye think its God
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 11:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Dear davidylan,
i have been asked that question a million times. no it is not nonsense. the taste of the pudding is in the eating. there is nothing to worry about. when you are ready, the truth will find you. once you have stood in the presence of God all the pettiness about who is wrong and who is right about God will disappear from you and you will quietly go through your life looking for how to give a helping hand to the next person without discriminating. why don't you try what i asked you. do not be afraid. ask with a sincere heart and watch what happens.when the experience comes you as soul will know for certainty that it is for real. you can share your experience if you like. Remember there is only  one God and It is for all souls. It only our petty human understanding that brings divisions.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 12:00am On Feb 19, 2010
@benodic,what then is ur view about atheist&atheism?.How can u preach ur beliefs to them abt God (Jesus apart)?
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 12:22am On Feb 19, 2010
dear toba,
atheists are souls just like you and me. and God loves them just like It loves all life. i really do not worry about atheists at all because i know that no amount of preaching will convince them about the existence of God. all it takes is just one experience with God. just one. allow God to do the talking at Its own time and It will surely do. you should be more concerned with strengthening your relationship with God by giving love to all life even when all you are getting in return are curses.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by Nobody: 12:42am On Feb 19, 2010
God him self is love,dats y he came down in human flesh&blood(Jesus),to bare d pains&feel human pulse.He came down as Jesus to live a normal life like u&i,suffered like u&i,ate&drank like u&i,died like u&i will do someday,was buried like u&i would be someday.He rose&ascended back to his throne,where he came from.What manner of LOVE can be compared with dat of God? None dat i av seen so far
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 12:51am On Feb 19, 2010
dear toba,
it really does not matter what a spiritual master who came to earth to express the profound love of God did during the time he was on earth. what matters is what you have learnt from that master and if you are practicing the love that the master taught. if you are not then you have totally missed the point. i can assure you that we are all sons and daughters of God and if you can allow the love of God to flow through you to life without hindrance then you can do even greater things than what Jesus or any other master who came to earth has done. all it takes is total devotion to God.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by norri: 11:14am On Feb 19, 2010
I really like what Benodic is trying to say. He is obviously preaching love and promoting acceptance between all religions. Doing good for others and living a clean life does wonders for the soul. We all know when we have sinned. We feel guilty and struggle to live with what we have done. By giving love and doing the right thing is what creates harmony within ourselves. It doesn't matter if we are Christian, Muslim, Atheist or Aborigine, we know in our hearts what is right and good. How we choose to follow our path to God is for us to choose alone. Yes, as a Christian if we follow Jesus because he says that "I am the only path to God" that is absolutely fine but if others choose to follow a different path that is fine too.

Remember that Mohammed was born after Jesus so when Jesus proclaimed that "I am the only path to God" he was stating what he believed at that time.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by RSA(m): 3:19pm On Feb 19, 2010
Benodic from the little bit you've said it as opened my eyes and heart.A friend of mine once told me that Mandela practices or follow the teachings of Bhudah or Bhuddism,I know because he is also a very close friend of the Dalai Lama.
And also I was told by someone that Jesus was a monk in his early years and that the first people that knew who he was where men from the EAST,and we all know the who the people of the east are.

One clue that shows that Jesus recieved the Budhism teaching is when Jesus teach people that when someone hit on right give them also your left side,this is complety opposite to what the Jews religion teaches,it say an eye for an eye.

Mandela also has shown many clues of his Budhism teachings,you can tell that the old man has a peace from within,he has no enemy,meaning he does not hold grudges.And he try to give as much as he can to the people.

I think in years to come maybe hundreds or thousand there will be people who will use Mandela's path to follow God.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by benodic: 12:26am On Feb 20, 2010
dear norri and RSA,
i thank both of you for understanding what i am trying to put across. if at the end of this thread i have been able to open the eyes of just one person i will be happy indeed for it is not an easy thing for a soul to make a leap in consciousness and embrace life as a whole. we as souls came from the same source and that automatically makes us all brothers and sisters. it is only in trying to use our minds to define our origin and our purpose that dichotomies arise and then some people now make this dichotomies a matter of life and death. i still repeat that it is not a matter of talking about God that will help us in life but we should strive in whatever ways to come in contact with God. this experience once had is what brings about the peace that passeth all understanding. and once you have peace and love within your heart you can not harm any soul because you will then realise that we are all one.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by mystics(m): 9:29am On Feb 20, 2010
@davidylan.
Man i hav read your posts and u tlk sense.
@benodic and people
peace lovin, religious tolorance, helpin people, good works i believe can not take u to heaven. As a good christian, i believe in d bible prescribed way for accessing God. If i believe another my faith is useless. As long as i live i wil forever keep prayin dat muslims, buddist and the rest come to d true light as i hav. Dis is becos i believe so. I wil nt use violence to do dat. If u think or believe dat your religion is d true religion den pray dat i 1day see it as u hav too. Dnt bomb airplanes, buses or declare war to achieve dat.
Re: Christian God, Muslim Allah Same? No by beejaay: 12:34am On Feb 21, 2010
mystics:

@davidylan.
Man i hav read your posts and u tlk sense.
@benodic and people
peace lovin, religious tolorance, helpin people, good works i believe can not take u to heaven. As a good christian, i believe in d bible prescribed way for accessing God. If i believe another my faith is useless. As long as i live i wil forever keep prayin dat muslims, buddist and the rest come to d true light as i hav. Dis is becos i believe so. I wil nt use violence to do dat. If u think or believe dat your religion is d true religion den pray dat i 1day see it as u hav too. Dnt bomb airplanes, buses or declare war to achieve dat.
omg reading ur post i can boldly say u are the best slowpoke i have ever heared from.u guys shd for once think outside the box and u will all see the light.i am a christain myself but i wondered if christainity is actually the way. U guys are shouting that muslims bomb trains,buses. Dont u av muslims living as ur neighbours or as collegies at work?why havent u been killed.what u shd all know is that its all propaganda take for instance in the northern part,are u saying the fight is also religion?if ur answer is yes then u are so daft.what of the fight between palestine and isreal?y aint the muslim shouting all around of the brutal maltreatment there?but if its christians suffering the attack u wld av seen the media shouting of the christians dieing.sometimes i wondered wat this religion is all about.lets all take out our religion setoment and put both the two religion on a levelling playing,do research and find out stuffs then we will understand more.most of us dont even read the holy book on our own,we basically go with what we were being fed by our pastors. @benodic, i feel ur frustration and i understand where u are coming from.to me ooo muslims are the most peace loving people in the whole world and the religion itself means peace. One other thing u guys dont understand is that Muhammed SAW came after Jesus PBH and so if He was referred to in the bible our ordinary myt not be able to see it because bible is the book of one of the wisest man tht av ever lived

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confessions Of An Idol Worshiper / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/08/15 / Created In God's Image And Likeness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.