Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,250 members, 7,807,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Egusi Lumps - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Egusi Lumps (10092 Views)

How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / My Garden Egg, Cabbage, And Egusi Soup Recipe (with PHOTOS) / Please How Do I Give My Egusi The Egg-like Lumps and also preparing party-like j (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Egusi Lumps by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 31, 2010
kieryn:

Mold your lumps? Add spinach? Wow we all make Egusi soup different. I simply blend it in the blender with little water. Then fry it with vegetable oil. Do not scatter it until it bubbles make sure it on medium heat. Once you scatter it. It should already have lumps. Let it sit for a few then dump it in when the soup boils. Then I add bitter leaves and achi if needed. Sometimes I put achi when I am frying the egusi.
Yea, I deep fry mines with palm oil. . . .well used to. Just realized that I dnt want HBP

KAYD007:

i put it to u that none of u here knows how to cook egusi soup like d old women in ma village were i come from. cry how i miss d kirisimese of those days in d village goin from one mama's house to another cry egusi soup on oyinbo steel pot no dey sweet oo. chai !! i can still feel d residue of the taste in ma mouth after so many yrs!how many of ya av tasted egusi soup with its accompanied lumps from a clay pot? hu la la! damn. try it n thou shall speak in tongue ,not of angles but of the sweetness of egusilumpiology! grin
I'll put their egusi to shame, bro
Re: Egusi Lumps by KAYD007(m): 5:05pm On May 31, 2010
bros u dey miss oo grin
Re: Egusi Lumps by kieryn(f): 4:37am On Jun 01, 2010
Egusi soup is not the same! I am sorry if i didn't cook the egusi soup I am not eating it.
Re: Egusi Lumps by KAYD007(m): 7:20am On Jun 01, 2010
@ Oyinda & FL gator

I tasted ur egusi lump soup yesterday. oo gosh!! guess what?, i was virtually farting through out. no be say d fart even scent well self like george amano"s perfume, umbano . damn it was scenting like "magic shaving powder! ur egusi soup is dangerous! grin
Re: Egusi Lumps by minute(f): 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2010
I like me some some egusi soup but I'm sure I will never need this recipe. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Egusi Lumps by Tgirl4real(f): 5:09pm On Jun 02, 2010
Egusi soup is one of my favourite (thank God I don't have to battle with pimples). I guess u must have figured out how to get your egusi lumps. If you haven't, holla smiley
Re: Egusi Lumps by Tgirl4real(f): 5:12pm On Jun 02, 2010
Blue moon:

i was taught to cook egusi without lumps. i like it that way. i think if u want to get the lumps don't grind it smoothly undecided

Nah, that is a disaster. I kinda prefer my egusi without lumps i.e. if I am making egusi ijebu, but if you are making egusi with veg, then it has to lump.
Re: Egusi Lumps by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 02, 2010
Tgirl4real:

Egusi soup is one of my favourite (thank God I don't have to battle with pimples). I guess u must have figured out how to get your egusi lumps. If you haven't, holla smiley
Hey sweets, hows my baby? kiss

Yea, I got the recipe. . . . thanks. I just used powder egusi instead of the fresh ones. Then I added lil water to mix. . . . then I made the lil lumps before throwing them inside the soup.

KAYD007:

@ Oyinda & FL gator

I tasted your egusi lump soup yesterday. oo gosh!! guess what?, i was virtually farting through out. no be say d fart even scent well self like george amano"s perfume, umbano . damn it was scenting like "magic shaving powder! your egusi soup is dangerous! grin
rotflmao!! grin That was Oyinda's egusi, not mines

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Favorite Late Night (healthy) Snack?? / Cost Of Cooking Gas With The Cylinder ( Urgent Pls!!!) / Milo = Tea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.