Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

This Is How It Should Be! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Is How It Should Be! (339 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

This Is How It Should Be! by DifferentCase(m): 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2017
THIS IS HOW IT SHOULD BE!

I was on my way to the chapel for the Covenant hour of prayers yesterday at about 5:20am, when I saw from afar, on a street leading into the estates, sparkles emanating from a live cable that got severed and dropping across the footpath sprawling on a substantial part of the motorway!�

In fact, approaching this tool of disaster, I could only imagine what this would cause if ignored just like others did! But to my utmost surprise the ever busy 'Lagosians' that came through this thing simply muttered some inaudible words to themselves and took a bend! But I couldn't same (I am a Social Interventionist)!

While I took a safety position there, I combined directing vehicular traffic, early morning joggers and other passersby on the danger lurking in the dark, soon enough, I had other two men onboard for the rescue while I beckoned on Magnus Chukwueloke Edward my brother in Christ who was already in church at this time, to help with an electricity bill note, wherein I can get a rescue helpline. But alas! He even got one of the manager's number stored.

Special thanks to the lady-manager (don't know her name) from the Gowon-estates IKEDC office who picked up calls as early as that morning, I spoke with her, she inquired where I was calling from and street name was given. In lessthan 10mins, electricity in that whole area was withheld, I became restful atlast.

In follow up on this, at about 10am same morning, engineers from IKEDC were mobilized to the faulty cable and got it fixed.

Kudos to this company, this is how it should be! It can only get better!

Alexander Oloriegbe
Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Who Emerges The First Ever Queen Of Miss Private University Nigeria 2017 (mpun20 / Reason Why You Are Still Unemployed A Graduate . / Are You 98% Of The World's Brilliant slowpoke's Or 2% Of The World's Geniuses??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.