Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:45 AM

How To Deal With Pest On A Plant - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How To Deal With Pest On A Plant (545 Views)

Help With Name Of A Plant / 40 Cucumbers Per Plant And 12kg Tomatoes Per Plant / Simple Ways Of Calculating Plant Population In Farming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Deal With Pest On A Plant by zigalo(m): 4:52pm On Aug 06, 2017
Horticulturist in the house, Please which pesticide can I use for this plant.

Re: How To Deal With Pest On A Plant by majorgr: 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2017
first and foremost u will have to tell us which pest u noticed on the plant, we just don't treat things blindly.
Re: How To Deal With Pest On A Plant by zigalo(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2017
majorgr:
first and foremost u will have to tell us which pest u noticed on the plant, we just don't treat things blindly.

I am not exactly sure as I am new to this plant stuff, Just wanted some form of beatification for my house.

The plant name is Tiger Sago palm tree. After some checking online, I gathered that a common pest is spider mite that causes brownish leaf on the plant.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

Re: How To Deal With Pest On A Plant by majorgr: 7:37pm On Aug 10, 2017
zigalo:

I am not exactly sure as I am new to this plant stuff, Just wanted some form of beatification for my house.

The plant name is Tiger Sago palm tree. After some checking online, I gathered that a common pest is spider mite that causes brownish leaf on the plant.

This is what it looked like when I bought it.

infact i suspected spidermites also, i wanted to be sure cuz the infestation looks exactly like spidermitee but not sure wether they attack such a plant as this. Next, i would hav ask you that is if u hav a magnifying lens to look on the underside of the leaves for some red dot moving around the underside of the leaves. U can use a systemic insectide such as cypermethrin. Or if u hav non use a liquid soap solution with water and spray and wash d leaves throuroughly every 3-4 days dat way it will break their life cycle.

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Help You Buy It Cheap In The North Katsina And Kaduna State / Thailand Rice Available For Sale In Large Quantity / Agro Allied Product Ready For Export

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.