Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,849 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:59 AM

Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation (33130 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by chuksvee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 06, 2017
i have always stood against priest having their own ministry outside the parish level. the implication is they become so materialistic and tend to go contrary to the catholic doctrines

2 Likes

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by An2elect2(f): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
Chascop:
even WAEC will state it so clear that you write an essay of not more than 400 words but this one different..

My MBBS exam no even reach up to ds writing..
gringrin
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Bhugarious: 10:32pm On Aug 06, 2017
I want to posit that there is the [i]gospel for the uncircumcised [/i]committed to Apostle Paul and [i]the gospel of the circumcised [/i]committed to Apostle Peter (Gal 2: 11). This generated disagreement between the two but the work of God still moved in a greater dimension because Gal 2:12- God who worked effectively in Peter for the Apostleship of the circumcised also worked effectively in Paul towards the Gentiles....... thereby expanding the kingdom of God and bringing the lost sheep back to the fold.

There was also a narrative of a sharp contention between Paul and Barnabas over taking John Mark along for the purpose of ministering in Acts 15:36-41. In this, the work of God did not suffer any setback but was rather enlarged by having two sets of evangelists on mission field. The segmentation of their work did not disrupt permanently the love and respect that Paul and Barnabas entertained for one another. To their credit, neither Paul nor Barnabas let the conflict distract them from their respective efforts of spreading the gospel. Paul would later affectionately mention Barnabas as being worthy of monetary support in his work of proclaiming the gospel (1 Cor. 9:6).

Making application to Christians today, there will always be times when good brethren will disagree in matters of opinion. The important thing is to keep focused on doing the will of Christ. That is what Paul and Barnabas both did. As a result, perhaps even more work was accomplished for the Lord because of the manner in which their disagreement was handled.Therefore, i am persuaded to see the resignation of Rev Fr. Edet on another call outside the box, as a feat to expanding God's kingdom here on earth. We should see ourselves as co-labourers in His vineyard working for a common goal. On the contrary, if his ulterior motive is to amass personal gains then i would follow the sayings of Rabbi Gamaliel- a leading authority in the Sanhedrin in the early 1st century AD in Acts 5:34-39.

Above all, let Holy Spirit direct us. I neva see who ecclesiology don really hep in the ministry of the prophets sha.

1 Like

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by fof1: 10:35pm On Aug 06, 2017
madgoat:
Rev. Fr Reacts to Rev Patrick Edet’s Resignation:The Case Of Another fallen Priest (Fr. Patrick Edet) – Fr. Emmanuel Akalue

“The love of money is the root of all evils” (1Tim 6:10)

As I’ve always understood, not everybody in the priesthood understands what it’s about. Some are truly living in bondage – feeling trapped – because they entered the priesthood with the mindset of pursuing a career. For those truly called, it’s an inestimable privilege and blessing. To God be the glory!!!

All that glitters is not gold. One can give a wonderful sermon or homily (based on academic knowledge). It doesn’t imply the person is convinced of the teaching of the Christ and His Church. Only God knows the heart and how convinced we are about the faith and what we are preaching.

AFTERMATH OF LEAVING THE PRIESTHOOD: What next?

I think the priest for love of power, influence and money, left the priesthood. It is never about being gifted. Absolutely not! What gift has the Church not seen in its 2000 years of history? We have seen super-eminently gifted saints like St. Padre Pio, St. Francis of Assisi, St. Benadette, etc (not to mention the eminent Apostles of the Lord and many others). So it’s about pomposity, spiritual pride and foolishness. Clearly, he has no proper understanding of Ecclesiology or the Priesthood of Christ.

I didn’t realize originally he was a “healing ministry priest.” When I read about Grace Family Outreach yesterday, I googled it and listened to his preachings. I didn’t see any difference between him and any of those half-baked evangelical pastors and prosperity gospel preachers. I think it’s high time our Bishops of Nigeria begin to review the modus operandi of approval of these misguided approaches.

Every priest should operate within the parish level, not seeking individual ministries. There’s absolutely no reason why any priest cannot fulfill the ministry at the parish level, irrespective of whatever gifts one may have.

Think about it: If each priest, for love of money, power and influence, begins to ask his Bishop to release him so that he could face his own PERSONAL ministry full time, who would do the proper COMMUNITY ministry of the Church? Please, we are called to work in the Lord’s vineyard, building up the ONE BODY OF CHRIST, not individual or personal empires. That they may be one!

Reflect on these words of Scripture:

“He who is not with me is against me, and he who does not gather with me scatters” (Matt 12:30).
“And I have other sheep, that are not of this fold; I must bring them also, and they will heed my voice. So there shall be one flock, one shepherd” (John 10:16).

“To each is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good” (1Cor 12:7).

“So with yourselves; since you are eager for manifestations of the Spirit, strive to excel in building up the church” (1Cor 14:12).

“And his gifts were that some should be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, some pastors and teachers, to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for building up the body of Christ” (Eph 4:11-12).

The Church is all about unity and communion; none of the Apostles of Christ ever divided from the Church or strayed from the path expressed in these passages. Truly, “the love of money is the root of all evils” (1Tim 6:10).

Our Bishops’ Conference of Nigeria needs to begin to find urgent solution to this misguided trend, terrible malaise. It’s precisely “INTERDENOMINATIONAL” because they by and large disavow the Catholic Church’s teachings in these useless events. They preach and teach without authentic Catholic theological, pastoral or catechetical perspectives and considerations.

I have been saying and will always maintain that preaching Prosperity Gospel Way is devilish (evident in Christ’s temptations by the Devil: The Devil wanted Jesus to display power by turning stones into bread and to jump down from the pinnacle of the temple. Christ rejected it; it’s never about sheer display of power. The Devil wanted Jesus to desire wealth and riches of all the kingdoms of the world.

Christ disavowed it). Jesus never invited people to come for signs and wonders; Christ invites all disciples to embrace the WAY OF THE CROSS. Christ healed people and said, “Tell no one;” not “Go and advertise it.” “Advertise it” is the Devil’s Proposal. Clearly, therefore, the promotion of miracles, signs and wonders and breakthrough crusades is the Devil’s proposal, evident from Christ’s temptations.

The Church through the Bishops’ Conference MUST stop giving these misguided priests the forum to use the Church as their springboard to making the leap of founding their own PERSONAL and SELFISH ministry or “church.” These guys are exploiting and misleading our Catholic faithful (many of whom do not understand the faith, do not know their left from their right, and are consequently like sheep without shepherds) and dividing the One Church Christ founded.

Every priest should work and function within the given or living tradition of the Church, (just as the prophets of old functioned by prophesying within the living tradition and all the apostles of Christ and their successors functioned within the living tradition of the One Church).

The New Evangelization methodology we taught and still teach in Emmaus School is not about founding “Independent churches” or “Autonomous Ministries.” The slogan has always been “We evangelize into the Church” (cf. Evangelii Nuntiandi, 60). That’s what Jesus did! That’s what the Apostles did!

Every priest should evangelize and do every ministry within the parish and if there’s any outreach to anywhere (in stadium or any other arena), the money raised should be legitimately parish/diocese money for the advancement of the mission of the one Church. Otherwise, the priest is doing his own thing, his own business. Neither Christ nor His Apostles did their own thing, personal business.

If the money from such belongs to such priests, then there’s no reason why any parish priest should not be able to lay direct claim to the entire PARISH ANNUAL HARVEST THANKSGIVING AND BAZAAR (as his personal money, for his personal thing).

Obviously, that would not be right! But why not That is to illustrate that something is definitely wrong with the present state of affairs regarding “healing ministries” and our Bishops should take another look at it.

As I remarked earlier, if every priest begins to divert selfishly into a personal money making ministry, which priest will be available to work for the Church’s COMMON GOOD

St. Paul warned sternly against founding personal ministries or personal churches. In his words:

“And from Miletus he sent to Ephesus and called to him the elders of the church. And when they came to him, he said to them: “You yourselves know how I lived among you all the time from the first day that I set foot in Asia…. how I did not shrink from declaring to you anything that was profitable, and teaching you in public and from house to house…. And now, behold, I know that all you among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom will see my face no more. Therefore I testify to you this day that I am INNOCENT OF THE BLOOD of all of you, for I did not shrink from declaring to you the whole counsel of God.

Take heed to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God which he obtained with the blood of his own Son. I know that AFTER MY DEPARTURE FIERCE WOLVES will come in among you, NOT SPARING THE FLOCK [THE CHURCH]; and from among your own selves will arise men speaking perverse things, TO DRAW AWAY THE DISCIPLES after THEM” (Acts 20:17-30) – meaning to exploit and deceive the members of the Church using the DEVIL’S METHOD or the DEVIL’S PROPOSALS during Christ’s temptations (proposal for signs and wonders and miracles and breakthroughs).

This is NOT the faith Jesus and His Apostles proclaimed! But many, if not most, of our Catholic faithful are vulnerable to these delusions and seductions because these misguided priests are exploiting their lack of faith, unnecessary fears and superstitious mentalities and also material poverty. We must – like the Good Shepherd Himself – protect the vulnerable flock from these ravenous wolves. That’s a divine mandate.

Prosperity Gospel entails prioritizing the preaching of material well-being, materialism, at the expense of preaching the depths of the mysteries of the Kingdom and its righteousness as Christ commanded. We preach Christ and His Mysteries of the Kingdom, not about wealth or breakthroughs. People need to learn the faith that they “may have power to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fulness of God” (Eph 3:18-19).

Remember the words of Jesus: “No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you” (John 15:15). Or “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations… teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you” (Matt 28:19-20).

The “everything” or “all” in both cases – CLEARLY – is not materialism.

Hence, Pope Paul VI declared:

“Evangelization will also always contain – as the foundation, center, and at the same time, summit of its dynamism – a clear proclamation that, in Jesus Christ, the Son of God made man, who died and rose from the dead, salvation is offered to all men, as a gift of God’s grace and mercy.

And not an immanent salvation, meeting material or even spiritual needs, restricted to the framework of temporal existence and completely identified with temporal desires, hopes, affairs and struggles, but a salvation which exceeds all these limits in order to reach fulfillment in a communion with the one and only divine Absolute: a transcendent and eschatological salvation, which indeed has its beginning in this life but which is fulfilled in eternity” (Evangelii Nuntiandi, 27).

ADDENDUM – CALL TO CATHOLIC CHRISTIANS WHO USED TO ATTEND FR. PATRICK EDET’S MINISTRY:

This is a call inspired by the Holy Spirit. Don’t allow Fr. Patrick Edet to make you lose your holy and beautiful Catholic and Apostolic Faith. Don’t abandon the Church of Christ for a dissident/fallen priest. Choose Christ and His Church! Remain with Jesus and His Church founded on the rock Peter.

WHAT ARE CHRIST’S WORDS OF INSTITUTION OF THE CHURCH? Christ words are “And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I [JESUS] will build my church” (Matt 16:18). Christ did not say, “You are my Apostles, on these rocks I will build my churches”. He did not say, “You are James, on this rock I will build my Church”; or “You are Philip or Thomas … on this rock I will build my Church…” Thus, it is historically impossible to see any Church that James or Paul or Thomas founded different from that founded on the rock, Peter.

Since we cannot find any example of Paul or James or Thomas, or Mark or Luke, Philip, etc., founding an independent church, we must understand that what we see from the examples of Wesley, Calvin, Henry VIII, Harvard, name anyone else, have no biblical support.

If these private church founders were correct, certainly we could have seen the church of Paul or James or Matthew running through history independent of the one Christ willed through Peter; just as we now see that of Wesley or Calvin or Henry VIII running through history.

Among many Evangelicals (Pentecostals), we find “churches” established by some couples. It needs be said that there is NO “HUSBAND AND WIFE” CHURCH, INC. IN THE BIBLE. Where do we see Matthew, James or Thomas and his wife’s church? Christ DID NOT SAY, “YOU ARE FR. PATRICK EDET, UPON THIS ROCK, I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH.” Absolutely not! So please stay with Jesus and His Original Church. Don’t fall away!

He wants “freedom” to do whatever he wants, without any control, check and balance. He wants to be his own bishop, his own pope. He wants to be able to control others in his ministry and not to be controlled by anybody.

It’s simply called immaturity and pride. Even Jesus placed Himself under the control of His Father, saying, “For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of him who sent me” (John 6:38). So Fr. Patrick Edet’s actions are absolutely against the Spirit of Christ (cf. Phil 2:5-11). The Church has checks and balance right from the beginning.

See how Apostle Paul directed and controlled the Early Catholic Christians (both clergy and laity):

“What then, brethren? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for edification. If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn; and let one interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silence in church and speak to himself and to God. Let two or three prophets speak, and let the others weigh what is said.

If a revelation is made to another sitting by, let the first be silent. For you can all prophesy one by one, so that all may learn and all be encouraged” (1Cor 14:26-31).

St Paul even added unequivocally, “the spirits of prophets are subject to prophets. For God is not a God of confusion but of peace” (1Cor 14:32-33).

Clearly, we are not free to do whatever we like, however gifted one may think one is. We are under authority as willed by Christ (Matt 16:16-19; Matt 18:17-18; John 21:15-18).

Just look at the awesome DIVINE POWER Christ entrusted to His Church in these lines from Jesus:
“If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector. Truly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven” (Matt 17:17-18).

CAN YOU SEE THE POWER OF THE CHURCH HE ABANDONED? IT IS THE LORD HIMSELF WHO DID IT! There’s always the place of the Magisterium (the Pope and Bishops) in the Church of Christ. Christ placed His Church under proper authorities and their successors.

See how St. Paul had greater authority than Bishop Titus:

“This is why I left you in Crete, that you might amend what was defective, and appoint elders in every town as I directed you…. ” (Titus 1:5).

Why didn’t Titus say, “I want freedom and break away from the Church?” Because such attitude is not from the Holy Spirit!

See how the Apostles at the Council of Jerusalem showed they had authority from Christ to direct the flock correctly when some misguided members went to preach wrong doctrine without proper mandate from the Apostles. The Apostles wrote a letter to the regions concerned, saying,

“Since we have heard that some persons from us have troubled you with words, unsettling your minds, although we gave them no instructions” (Acts 15:24).

Why didn’t those folks break away and say “We want to be free?” Because such attitude is not from God! So it’s never anything goes. So pray for Fr. Patrick Edet to humble himself, see the light and repent.
See how St. Paul placed himself correctly under the control or authority of Peter and the Apostles:

“Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas, taking Titus along with me. I went up by revelation; and I laid before them (but privately before those who were of repute) the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, lest somehow I should be running or had run in vain” (Gal 1:1-2).

This is the RIGHT ATTITUDE inspired by the Holy Spirit. Notice, St. Paul said, “I went up by revelation” (Gal 2:2). So this is how you know God’s Spirit at work, because “All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work” (2Tim 3:16-17).

No one has mandate to divide the Church or to begin a new one. Such move will always be “anti-Christ”, contrary to the will of Christ (cf. Matt 24:23-26; Rom 16:17-18; 2Cor 11:12-15; 1John 2:18-19; Jude 1:17-18).

CONCLUSION:

So no reasonable Catholic Christian – who has fear of God – should follow Fr. Patrick Edet; any Catholic Christian who follows him has abandoned Christ and His Church. He or she has fallen away like Judas Iscariot and all like him throughout the ages. The Church will continue without them, just as it continued without Judas Iscariot. And the Church will remain until Christ returns because He promised from the beginning (from the First Century), “the powers of death shall not prevail against it” (Matt 16:18).

UR EXPLANATION IS AN EPISTLE WITH NO DIRECTION. D MAN IS FED UP WITH D DOGMAS OF CATHOLICISM AND WANTS FREEDOM THERE FROM. SO WILL U DENY HIM? SO HE STAYS WITHIN AND BEGINS TO SPOIL D CHURCH FURTHER? IS GOOD HE HAS GONE.LIBERTY IS HIS OWN CHOICE.GOD CAN USE ANY PERSON AS HE CHOOSES IN DIFFERENT WAYS BUT FOR HIS DIVINITY.

1 Like

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by HeavenShield: 11:08pm On Aug 06, 2017
The Catholic Church needs to purge itself. They are so spiritual filthy(with due respect).. worst crimes goes on inside there, in their chambers. I was with them once. You cannot be a clean Christian and stay in Catholic. It is a traditional church..and not a true and living church. So for you to worship God well.. THEN YOU MUST PULL OUT..NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT..YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE SYSTEM LESS YOU WILL BE MURDERED..(history and experience have shown us live)
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Enare(m): 11:16pm On Aug 06, 2017
Whether is Fr. Patrick Edet or Catholic or Pentecostal; Salvation is personal. The day one dies, no Catholic , Fr. Edet or Pentecostal would be there to tell Mr. Dead; leave am e dey ourside. If he (Fr. Pat Edet) has chosen this path pls let him go.....stop lectures and judging...all of us will be harvested someday by God himself...gbam!
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by IstandWitBuhari: 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2017
eleojo23:

It's funny how some religious leaders will condemn prosperity and still stand on the alter to lament that the members are poor and the church doesn't have money to execute projects.

How will the church have money when you've told the people that money is evil and that having riches is some sought of sin?

I wonder if these people listen to themselves at all.

He is not saying that money is evil rather doing all manner of ill things just to acquire wealth is evil.

Your Pastor will cajole u into paying numerous tithes nd 1st fruit and he uses d money to buy private jet nd build schools which u can't afford. Is that not evil ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by IstandWitBuhari: 11:39pm On Aug 06, 2017
HeavenShield:
The Catholic Church needs to purge itself. They are so spiritual filthy(with due respect).. worst crimes goes on inside there, in their chambers. I was with them once. You cannot be a clean Christian and stay in Catholic. It is a traditional church..and not a true and living church. So for you to worship God well.. THEN YOU MUST PULL OUT..NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT..YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE SYSTEM LESS YOU WILL BE MURDERED..(history and experience have shown us live)

You are a devil messenger. I curse and spit on your comment. Common lair
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by davidif: 3:12am On Aug 07, 2017
psucc:
People get mind. Op you expect somebody to read all that essay? Even in Harvard exams, such writing is not permitted.

As in?? Why are Nigerians not taught to summarize this days?
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by goooze(m): 5:01am On Aug 07, 2017
eleojo23:

It's funny how some religious leaders will condemn prosperity and still stand on the alter to lament that the members are poor and the church doesn't have money to execute projects.

How will the church have money when you've told the people that money is evil and that having riches is some sought of sin?

[color=#006600][/color] what's the duty of the church as explained in the bible? People should become rich for church or church should be rich because of people? Hypocrite!!!
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 7:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Tpeters:
Dear Rev you also need to be born again, Kindly folo suit as d priest has done.... Come out of dogma, heresy, holy Mary, rosary,.... These doctrines r demonic... Show us one single place in d Bible where dis tins were practiced!

Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free

Where is the heresy bro?
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 7:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Salute to this priest, his study of theology was not in vain

1 Like

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 7:01am On Aug 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

How come they don't forgive sinners that commit abortion? I might be wrong.

Where did you hear about that? Brother try to use google at least, it won't tell u lies

1 Like

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 7:03am On Aug 07, 2017
Okonkwo22:
The same bible your catholic church rejected, you are now quoting indiscriminately.

Sir do you read at all? Did you read the article or you are hungry to comment? How has the catholic church rejected the bible please?
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 7:04am On Aug 07, 2017
Apina:

Ur statement reeks of ignorance

The peak/zenith/melting point of ignorance oh
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ndubuisi1075: 7:04am On Aug 07, 2017
Who do you write this volume for? Save this post for yourself and your church. You have caged him for long with your man-made laws. Let him go.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 7:18am On Aug 07, 2017
Raphael81:

Where did you hear about that? Brother try to use google at least, it won't tell u lies

I checked Google and it was recent that pope Francis allowed for abortion to be forgiven at confessionals.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 07, 2017
eleojo23:

It's so ironic. That's the reason most Christians are poor while other religious persons are rich.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 07, 2017
manitoba:
Why is this Rev Fr sounding as if the man left Christianity? In the time of Jesus there was no denomination. No Catholic, Anglican, Pentecostal e.t.c They were just followers of Christ and God's principles. So the man shoukd be allowed to practice the faith in the best way possible to him. Heaven is a personal race.
God bless you
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by xnsandrxns: 7:31am On Aug 07, 2017
Religious people and confusion are Siamese twins
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 8:00am On Aug 07, 2017
Raphael81:

Where is the heresy bro?

Why not prove him wrong instead of asking
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 8:06am On Aug 07, 2017
Bhugarious:
I want to posit that there is the [i]gospel for the uncircumcised [/i]committed to Apostle Paul and [i]the gospel of the circumcised [/i]committed to Apostle Peter (Gal 2: 11). This generated disagreement between the two but the work of God still moved in a greater dimension because Gal 2:12- God who worked effectively in Peter for the Apostleship of the circumcised also worked effectively in Paul towards the Gentiles....... thereby expanding the kingdom of God and bringing the lost sheep back to the fold.

There was also a narrative of a sharp contention between Paul and Barnabas over taking John Mark along for the purpose of ministering in Acts 15:36-41. In this, the work of God did not suffer any setback but was rather enlarged by having two sets of evangelists on mission field. The segmentation of their work did not disrupt permanently the love and respect that Paul and Barnabas entertained for one another. To their credit, neither Paul nor Barnabas let the conflict distract them from their respective efforts of spreading the gospel. Paul would later affectionately mention Barnabas as being worthy of monetary support in his work of proclaiming the gospel (1 Cor. 9:6).

Making application to Christians today, there will always be times when good brethren will disagree in matters of opinion. The important thing is to keep focused on doing the will of Christ. That is what Paul and Barnabas both did. As a result, perhaps even more work was accomplished for the Lord because of the manner in which their disagreement was handled.Therefore, i am persuaded to see the resignation of Rev Fr. Edet on another call outside the box, as a feat to expanding God's kingdom here on earth. We should see ourselves as co-labourers in His vineyard working for a common goal. On the contrary, if his ulterior motive is to amass personal gains then i would follow the sayings of Rabbi Gamaliel- a leading authority in the Sanhedrin in the early 1st century AD in Acts 5:34-39.

Above all, let Holy Spirit direct us. I neva see who ecclesiology don really hep in the ministry of the prophets sha.

I love this reply, apart from that just like in a a football field, not everybody can be an attacker, striker, or defender, we all have different roles to play in the body of Christ.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by patosky3310(m): 8:36am On Aug 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

How come they don't forgive sinners that commit abortion? I might be wrong.

You are obviously wrong.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Johncuppa(m): 9:17am On Aug 07, 2017
eleojo23:

God bless you.
This has been my sleepless thought all the while.
I was in a Sunday school preparatory class where being rich was discouraged and the same set of people will lead the prayer against poverty for themselves and church members.
I don't just understand. I wish I could address the whole church and differentiate between "the love of money" and "being rich or wealthy" with scriptural references.
The fact that some are misusing money does not mean we should endorse poverty. Tired!
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by AlwaysUltraPad: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2017
eleojo23:

madam know-it-all, prosperity preaching in this regard and the context they're using mean: people should go and get rich at all cost and giving false hope. How do you explain the mindset that by attending a certain church program you can get rich and, not by hardwork? Preaching prosperity always and not reminding people of the last day, grave and the day of judgement more depicts pastorpreneurship. They place their fake miracles, healing and prophesies over hardwork , diligence and excellence.

Get what prosperity preaching means before you comment next time.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 1:28pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

I checked Google and it was recent that pope Francis allowed for abortion to be forgiven at confessionals.

Before now, it was only a Bishop that could absolve such, the reason being that abortion is a very very grievous crime which even shocks the creator. It is worst than murder because the cute little baby was never given the opportunity to even look at the world before it is gruesomely killed. I wish you can imagine the gravity of abortion because it also disrupts the creator's plan for the unborn soul. ..
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by vislabraye(m): 2:05pm On Aug 07, 2017
eleojo23:

Maybe you should know the context of prosperity message...
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by vanvino(m): 3:07pm On Aug 07, 2017
Johncuppa:

God bless you.
This has been my sleepless thought all the while.
I was in a Sunday school preparatory class where being rich was discouraged and the same set of people will lead the prayer against poverty for themselves and church members.
I don't just understand. I wish I could address the whole church and differentiate between "the love of money" and "being rich or wealthy" with scriptural references.
The fact that some are misusing money does not mean we should endorse poverty. Tired!
bros abeg take a moment and lets think, why do you think Jesus said in mark 10:25, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the
kingdom of God" why will christ choose to use such metaphore? Also remember the rich man that ask Jesus what will i do to enter the kingdom of God, Jesus told him, go help the needy, help the ophans & widow, he reply that he has done all that, Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go,
sell your possessions and give to the poor, and
you will have treasure in heaven. Then come,
follow me."...he couldn't do that. Why? That tell you the level of attachent that money brings.

That is why when Paul wrote to the philipian when material wealth was like bringing problem to the church he told them. I know what is like to be hungry, i know what is like to be wellfeed, i know what is like to have needs i know what is like to have all my needs met, i know what is like to be poor i know what is like to be rich but i have learnt that i can do all things true christ who Strenthens me.

To be hungry & to eat is by Gods grace cus u may be hungry & eat all the food in the world yet can't be satisfy without Christ.

God said if no one will serve him he will raise stone to worship...is it the same God that will not be about to meet the need of the church? Leave human selfishness & greed, remember God said i will provide all your need not all your want.

Money is not bad but the level of attachement it brings is the problem
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Johncuppa(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2017
vanvino:
bros abeg take a moment and lets think, why do you think Jesus said in mark 10:25, "It is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle, than for a rich man to enter into the
kingdom of God" why will christ choose to use such metaphore? Also remember the rich man that ask Jesus what will i do to enter the kingdom of God, Jesus told him, go help the needy, help the ophans & widow, he reply that he has done all that, Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go,
sell your possessions and give to the poor, and
you will have treasure in heaven. Then come,
follow me."...he couldn't do that. Why? That tell you the level of attachent that money brings.

That is why when Paul wrote to the philipian when material wealth was like bringing problem to the church he told them. I know what is like to be hungry, i know what is like to be wellfeed, i know what is like to have needs i know what is like to have all my needs met, i know what is like to be poor i know what is like to be rich but i have learnt that i can do all things true christ who Strenthens me.

To be hungry & to eat is by Gods grace cus u may be hungry & eat all the food in the world yet can't be satisfy without Christ.

God said if no one will serve him he will raise stone to worship...is it the same God that will not be about to meet the need of the church? Leave human selfishness & greed, remember God said i will provide all your need not all your want.
Bro weldone! I'm not here to argue, the question is why would the same person that preach against being rich pray for it again.
Money is not bad but the level of attachement it brings is the problem
2 Cor. 8:9
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
2 Cor.9:11
11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by vanvino(m): 3:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Johncuppa:

2 Cor. 8:9
9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that you through his poverty might become rich.
2 Cor.9:11
11 You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God

Though am tempted to coment on these verses but i prefer to learnt from your own explanation... So please
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 3:51pm On Aug 07, 2017
Jerrypolo:
You are also "Pompous" in your belief of Catholic dogmatical supremacy over others in the body of Christ.
it is not pompous if it is true. A Church established by Jesus 2000yrs ago will claim superiority over every man made enterprise that came 100yrs ago.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Daddy Freeze: Pastor Calls God On Phone In The Church As Sheeple Rejoice / Walk out on masturbation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.