Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation (33145 Views)

Inyene Sampson Akpan Is Patrick Edet's Wife-To-Be (Photos) / Patrick Edet Launches Grace Family Outreach, His Own Church In Uyo / Catholic Bishop Reacts To Patrick Edet's Resignation: "The Pope Must Hear This" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Jerrypolo(m): 3:56pm On Aug 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
it is not pompous if it is true. A Church established by Jesus 2000yrs ago will claim superiority over every man made enterprise that came 100yrs ago.

I don't just want to start.

Lemme just be quiet an assumed you never quoted me.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 4:09pm On Aug 07, 2017
HeavenShield:
The Catholic Church needs to purge itself. They are so spiritual filthy(with due respect).. worst crimes goes on inside there, in their chambers. I was with them once. You cannot be a clean Christian and stay in Catholic. It is a traditional church..and not a true and living church. So for you to worship God well.. THEN YOU MUST PULL OUT..NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT..YOU CAN'T FIGHT THE SYSTEM LESS YOU WILL BE MURDERED..(history and experience have shown us live)
really conspiracy theories? I expected something better.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 4:13pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

I love this reply, apart from that just like in a a football field, not everybody can be an attacker, striker, or defender, we all have different roles to play in the body of Christ.
You have to be a defenders, attacker etc in the team. You have to manifest your gift in the Church Jesus established not by making your own.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 4:16pm On Aug 07, 2017
chinoify:
This reply shouldn't be coming from a 21st century priest.... These are the type of priest that made him left in the first place. Why do you envy anointing
is anointing to be exercise with in the Church for the growth of the body? Or is it an excuse to break away and found your own Church .
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 4:20pm On Aug 07, 2017
Jerrypolo:

I don't just want to start.
Lemme just be quiet an assumed you never quoted me.
feel free to start.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 5:42pm On Aug 07, 2017
Raphael81:

Before now, it was only a Bishop that could absolve such, the reason being that abortion is a very very grievous crime which even shocks the creator. It is worst than murder because the cute little baby was never given the opportunity to even look at the world before it is gruesomely killed. I wish you can imagine the gravity of abortion because it also disrupts the creator's plan for the unborn soul. ..

So my chance of salvation is placed in the hands of men, who are we to decide which sin is grievous? So if I no see bishop na hell fire be that. These doctrines are twisted.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by nekez: 9:36pm On Aug 07, 2017
alfredo4u:
Space for sale

Please say something. Anything.
My teacher used to hate that statement

Dont know what to say......

1 Like

Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 9:46pm On Aug 07, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

So my chance of salvation is placed in the hands of men, who are we to decide which sin is grievous? So if I no see bishop na hell fire be that. These doctrines are twisted.

Please read the book of James in the Bible bro
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 10:45pm On Aug 07, 2017
Raphael81:

Please read the book of James in the Bible bro

James what?

Confess to one another?

But priest wasn't mentioned.

I have no problems with the Catholic Church, but the only thing I love about it is the Holy Communion, the body and blood of Christ.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by HeavenShield: 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2017
IstandWitBuhari:

You are a devil messenger. I curse and spit on your comment. Common lair
. I thought you wanted to clarify issues. But you only reinforced my point. By the way, how do you know am a messenger of the devil? You are funny bro..
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Raphael81(m): 10:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

James what?

Confess to one another?

I have no problems with the Catholic Church, but the only thing I love about it is the Holy Communion, the body and blood of Christ.

Confess to anyone can mean anyone na, insofar as he keeps it confidential
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 10:44am On Aug 09, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

James what?

Confess to one another?

James 5 actually says:

Therefore confess your sins to each other and
pray for each other so that you may be
healed. The prayer of a righteous person is
powerful and effective.

The word "therefore" tells us that the following precept is simply a continuation and conclusion of the previous discourse.

What was the preceding discourse that verse 16 concludes,? Here it is.

Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in
the presbyter of the church, and let them pray
over him, anointing him with oil in the name of
the Lord.

So Yeah the Church leader i. E the priest is What is been referred to if you read in context.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
James 5 actually says:

powerful and effective.

The word "therefore" tells us that the following precept is simply a continuation and conclusion of the previous discourse.

the Lord.

So Yeah the Church leader i. E the priest is What is been referred to if you read in context.

Ok.

Confess your sins to me.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 12:19pm On Aug 09, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Ok.
Confess your sins to me.
are you a presbyter .?
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
Ubenedictus:
are you a presbyter .?

Does it matter?
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 1:33pm On Aug 10, 2017
Sacluxpaint:

Does it matter?
yes it does, the context says call the presbyter.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
yes it does, the context says call the presbyter.

It said confess to ONE ANOTHER, the context before it said called the presbyter, other versions said church elders. What does one another mean?

I don't know how you guys interpret what is not written.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 10:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:
James 5 actually says:

powerful and effective.

the Lord.

Sacluxpaint:

It said confess to ONE ANOTHER, the context before it said called the presbyter, other versions said church elders. What does one another mean?

I don't know how you guys interpret what is not written.

It says THEREFORE, that means it is a continuation of the previous discourse, read in context.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Nobody: 11:29pm On Aug 10, 2017
Ubenedictus:

It says THEREFORE, that means it is a continuation of the previous discourse, read in context.

Therefore is different from one another. Oga I will ask you this, what is the meaning of one another?

If you can't give me a dictionary definition,any point you raise henceforth is invalid. Oburo igbo asusu.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by waldigit: 6:32am On Aug 22, 2017
fof1:

UR EXPLANATION IS AN EPISTLE WITH NO DIRECTION. D MAN IS FED UP WITH D DOGMAS OF CATHOLICISM AND WANTS FREEDOM THERE FROM. SO WILL U DENY HIM? SO HE STAYS WITHIN AND BEGINS TO SPOIL D CHURCH FURTHER? IS GOOD HE HAS GONE.LIBERTY IS HIS OWN CHOICE.GOD CAN USE ANY PERSON AS HE CHOOSES IN DIFFERENT WAYS BUT FOR HIS DIVINITY.

The man needs special prayer for divine protection. Because they will soon chasing him with their Jesuit cult. I remember one farther ajayi in Lagos he was very close to Benny Hinn . He was assassinated in strange way after many threat to his life.
Re: Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation by Ubenedictus(m): 11:31pm On Sep 09, 2017
waldigit:

The man needs special prayer for divine protection. Because they will soon chasing him with their Jesuit cult. I remember one farther ajayi in Lagos he was very close to Benny Hinn . He was assassinated in strange way after many threat to his life.
Jesuits don't chase or kill people, stop spreading conspiracy theories

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

26 Signs We Are Living In The End Time! Don't Ignore / Why No Christian Lady Should Ever Marry An Atheist!! / Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.