Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark (20983 Views)

Babachir Lawal To Igbos: You Marginalised Yourselves, Stop Blaming Others / But Nnamdi Kanu Said Buhari Will Not Return. / Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested - Edwin Clark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by hatchy(f): 8:50am On Aug 07, 2017
A foremost Ijaw leader and convener of Pan Niger Delta Forum, PANDEF, Chief Edwin Clark, has outlined areas Igbos are being marginalised by the current administration.

The elder statesman also called for the arrest and detention of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu for declaring there will be no election in Anambra state.

Clark pointed out that before the All Progressives Congress, APC’s administration, the Igbos have enjoyed and served in key positions in Nigeria.

He said Kanu and his followers must be told the truth before they throw the nation into choas, adding that this group of people did not witness the civil war.

Clark told Vanguard, “I think Nigeria is one country, we cannot break up. My advice to those beating the drum of secession is to take it easy. The war of 1967 to 1970 claimed so many lives and property, made some Nigerians to almost become second class citizens in their own country.

“These boys who are going around, and led by Nnamdi Kanu, some of them were not born at that time, and if they were born, they were very little children. I agree that President Buhari’s government has marginalized them.

“Okay. What of former President Jonathan’s government? I think the Igbo played a leading role in former President Jonathan’s government; they had every chance, every opportunity to develop their area. But some of them were selfish. The secretary to the government was an Igbo man.

“At a time, the Chief of Army Staff was an Igbo man; the Igbo occupied very important positions in former President Jonathan’s government, so they couldn’t have said they were marginalized. Rather it was the Yoruba who were crying that they were being marginalized. And towards the end of Jonathan’s government, he decided to give them so many posts because we all belong to one country called Nigeria.

“So these boys should be told the history of Nigeria from independence to let them know that the Igbo were not marginalised in the past, especially in the First Republic and, in fact, their kinsman, Ironsi, was Head of State.

“Rather we the minorities have always cried of marginalization and not the three major ethnic groups, until 1966 when the coup of the young majors changed the face of Nigeria and the Igbo suffered in the war that followed, but the era is gone.

“And they won’t say that during Shagari’s time in the Second Republic the Igbo suffered because an Igbo man, Dr Alex Ekwueme, was the vice president. If the Igbo are marginalized, they are being marginalized by the present administration and I am one of those who support them in their cries against marginalisation, but secession is not the answer.

“There is nowhere that youths will take over the administration of a place and it is very irresponsible for Kanu to say there will be no election in Anambra State in November. He should be arrested and detained. There is a limit to their agitation and I am happy that the President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo has condemned them.

“And those agitating for secession do not know the implications. Kanu and his group are saying they have drawn a map which runs from Benue to the South-South, including Cross Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta, that will not happen.

“They should know the implications of what they are looking for, they should be educated and government should change and see that the Igbo are not marginalized. The Igbo produce oil in Abia and Imo states, and for you to establish the NNPC Board of nine members and the Igbo are excluded, it is unfair. And to make matters worse, six northerners whose area doesn’t produce oil are in the board? Two, why should an Igbo man not be in the Council of State?

“Why should an Igbo man not be a senior security officer? Even if they are not in the army, they must be somewhere. These are good cases that they have. In the appointments of persons into federal parastatals and others, why should the Igbo not be there? I think these are some of the things people are kicking against and we all support them.”

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/08/06/igbos-marginalised-nnamdi-kanu-must-arrested-edwin-clark/amp/

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Igboesika: 8:53am On Aug 07, 2017
What more can I say...

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by hatchy(f): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2017
Nnamdi Kanu should know why Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast leaving the people he led into war to be massacred by the Nigerian army before he plunge his kinsmen into another wasteful war.

A child who refused to learn from what killed his father is surely going to die same way.

A word is enough for the wise!

104 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 8:57am On Aug 07, 2017
One man poison na another man food

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by ipobarecriminals: 9:10am On Aug 07, 2017
cool cool grin cool wink cheesy wink sad cheesy and chain the PIG

11 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by mopu: 9:12am On Aug 07, 2017
You think so?
Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by simplyhonest(m): 9:14am On Aug 07, 2017
Sir Edwin Clark.... pls leave kanu alone... I can't seen to recollect you ever calling for the arrest of Asari Dokubo and Tompolo when they were disturbing the country with threats.... as much as I don't agree with kanu, he is within his rights... thanks.

110 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by GMBuhari: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2017
hatchy:
Nnamdi Kanu should know why Ojukwu ran away to Ivory Coast leaving the people he led into war to be massacred by the Nigerian army before he plunge his kinsmen into another wasteful war.

A child who refused to learn from what killed his father is surely going to die same way.

Nnamdi is a nonentity, I mean that in political terms not as an insult

Nobody recognizes kunu. As such when things go terribly wrong nobody will offer help or support

Furthermore, to leave the country, you must have; own a valid passport ,unfortunately kanu's passport has been seized. Unless he swims out, hrs going nowhere

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Daplux4: 10:28am On Aug 07, 2017
@ op fake fake news without source

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Daplux4: 10:33am On Aug 07, 2017
hatchy:

U lied my dear, we are not afraid of war rather we are afraid of continues to be slave's

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Daplux4: 10:34am On Aug 07, 2017
hatchy:

U lied my dear, we are not afraid of war rather we are afraid of continues to be slave's

6 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by chernest2002: 10:57am On Aug 07, 2017
I don't understand this old man, he is just dancing in between two matters.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by CarlosTheJackal: 11:00am On Aug 07, 2017
No verified link and people are busy saying nonsense here
Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Flagilator: 11:16am On Aug 07, 2017
simplyhonest:
Sir Edwin Clark.... pls leave kanu alone... I can't seen to recollect you ever calling for the arrest of Asari Dokubo and Tompolo when they were disturbing the country with threats.... as much as I don't agree with kanu, he is within his rights... thanks.

You are right. But did you see the duo calling for election boycott in their region?

13 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by simplyhonest(m): 11:22am On Aug 07, 2017
Flagilator:

You are right. But did you see the duo calling for election boycott in their region?
they didn't call for an election boycott because their "brother" was a candidate... am sure if someone kanu can call "a brother" is also the president and seeking a re-election, he won't also call for a boycott...
like I said, I don't in anyway approve or support what he is saying all over the place... still, I also know you don't quench fire with fire...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by mekaboy(m): 11:33am On Aug 07, 2017
For what?
Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Flagilator: 11:34am On Aug 07, 2017
simplyhonest:

they didn't call for an election boycott because their "brother" was a candidate... am sure if someone kanu can call "a brother" is also the president and seeking a re-election, he won't also call for a boycott...
like I said, I don't in anyway approve or support what he is saying all over the place... still, I also know you don't quench fire with fire...

Hmm..nevertheless, can two wrongs make a right? Election boycott can have far reaching and devastating consequences on the region

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by AngelicBeing: 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
tongue
Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by rozayx5(m): 1:00pm On Aug 07, 2017
Another igbokwe

In the south

Smh

14 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
[\quote]
okay. What of former President Jonathan’s government? I think the Igbo played a leading role in former President Jonathan’s government; they had every chance, every opportunity to develop their area. But some of them were selfish. The secretary to the government was an Igbo man.
“At a time, the Chief of Army Staff was an Igbo man; the Igbo occupied very important positions in former President Jonathan’s government, so they couldn’t have said they were marginalized. Rather it was the Yoruba who were crying that they were being marginalized. And towards the end of Jonathan’s government, he decided to give them so many posts because we all belong to one country called Nigeria.
“So these boys should be told the history of Nigeria from independence to let them know that the Igbo were not marginalised in the past, especially in the First Republic and, in fact, their kinsman, Ironsi, was Head of State.
[/quote]

it's word

9 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by jaco89ga(m): 1:01pm On Aug 07, 2017
some certain people won't like this, they knoe themselves

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Amarabae(f): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
In asmuch I disagree with Kanu on that Anambra election bycott but asking for him to be arrested is dumb and silly.
Did he ask for Tompolo, Ateke tom and Dokubo arrest when they were militanting for their selfish gains.
And btw MR EDWIN CLARK, Igbos don't produce oil in only Abia and Imo.
We produce Oil in Oyigbo(my area), Etche, Omuma, Ndoni, Rivers Egbema, Ogbaru Anambra areas etc.
Stop twisting history and trying to play the divide and conquer tactics Gowon taught you in 1967.
We know our Boundary and don't need your opinion.
Trying to limit Igbos to 5 South East states will Always fail woefully.
Thanks.

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by MediumStout(m): 1:02pm On Aug 07, 2017
grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by peterqqq: 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
i sell webmails, smtps, socks and credit cards with good balance. write me at, sammyn309ATgmail.com. payment through perfect money only.
Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by magoo10(m): 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
Arresting Nnamdi KANU will not solve the boiling issues in the east,infact it will worsen the present situation,neither will hate speeches nor name calling deter the eastern Igbo's from demanding their rights.
this statement coming from the old man is not surprising as he met with the coordinator of govt recently,the Nigerian govt is in dire need of solving the issues of Biafra agitations and they will go any length to achieve it.pa Clark is only trying to deceive the foolish govt, to prove that he is not in support .
he has advised them to arrest him,what are they waiting for?
Arrest Nnamdi KANU and you will see Biafra in your face.

14 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Ijaya123: 1:03pm On Aug 07, 2017
Who else still make the fraudster Kanu serious? Let him continue his meaningless circus and road shows with the gullible and brainwash jobless miscreants.

After all he has called them pigs and idiots.

Election will hold in Anambra and anyone that does anyhow will be dealt with anyhow.

Second base abeg.

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by Nobody: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
Igbo Jews won't like this

3 Likes

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by PehaKaso: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
With all due respect, Alaowei Clark goofed on this one. As an Izon man on the path of truth, I disagree with the elder's position.
Any person or group that is pushed to the wall must definitely fight back in order to live. Nigeria has been making life unbearable for the Easterners. The elder statesman observed that Nigeria constituted a board of NNPC, with Northerners who have no petroleum in their region as members, and left out the Easterners who contribute a sizeable proportion of the petroleum resources. Where is the fairness here?
Where was Alaowei Clerk when the Northerners gave Easterners an ultimatum to vacate their region? Where was Alaowei Clark when the North controlled Police refused to obey the hypocritical warrants of arrest against the Northern youths? Is Alaowei Clark oblivious of the circulation of a song in the North, calling for the massacre of Ibos anywhere in Nigeria?
Alaowei Clark, by this statement, has failed us, we the people of the Niger Delta, our brothers the Easterners and of course, all Southerners in general, who hitherto, looked up to him advocacy.
Alaowei Clark must not be taken seriously on this matter. He has lost it.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos Are Marginalised, But Nnamdi Kanu Must Be Arrested – Edwin Clark by whitering: 1:04pm On Aug 07, 2017
You too must be arrested for all your atrocities in Niger Delta.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Letter Of Query Issued By Ganduje To Emir Sanusi / Betty Anyanwu Akeredolu Marches Against Rape, Says Enough Is Enough / Interesting Facts About Sokoto Gubernatorial Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.