Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,782 members, 7,806,168 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:21 PM

Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! (5625 Views)

Graduate Trainee Program At Edubridge Consultants Limited / Has Anyone Applied For Graduate Trainee Digital M @edubridge Consultant Limited / Data Collection Representatives Vacancy @ Edubridge Consultants Ltd (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by Yuji: 11:43am On Aug 07, 2017
I have been battling with myself if I should write on this issue or not but if I don't then more people would fall victims to their scam again. My very good friend was a victim just last week after they had sent her an email to come to their office for a briefing.
She had applied some weeks ago for their LEARN ,WORK and EARN internship program. Those who also applied here will know what I am saying. On that fateful day,under the heavy rain and hold up from surulere to Ikeja,she finally got to their office an hour late. One of the staff attended to her and told her that others who had come earlier had left and so he would have to rush her through the requirements for the internship. After all the long talk on digital marketing,he finally said what they refused to tell everyone who had applied that she was to pay #40,000 for the internship. My girlfriend was so furious that she asked if it was the same digital marketing that was done free by some ICT firms and even free online by Google that they were going to teach them or another thing entirely.
He said that they needed only 10 people for the program and that they would pay them #10,000 for transport allowance. I don't even get how they think that a wise person would pay them #40,000 and then they use the same money to give the person as transport allowance. Whoever agrees to that must be mad,in my own opinion.
To make it worse,the guy even had the guts to say that some people came from Bayelsa and Port Harcourt for this same so-called internship.
My girlfriend was so angry and has been cursing them since that day. It is really bad for employers to take advantage of jobseekers like this. I hope nobody else falls victim to their tactics.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kossanaah: 9:08am On Nov 15, 2017
Dear Yuji,

First Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Mr. Kaosiso Anaekwe, Founder and Managing Partner of Edubridge Consultants Limited.
I am reaching out to you specifically as a result of this damaging public post regarding my organization.

Permit me to use this medium to reach out to you personally to address your concerns about our organization and to explain the details of our program LEARN, WORK and EARN.

I did an internal investigation to find out what exactly happened on this incidence with a view of resolving the issues that you had raised.

About Edubridge Consultants:
First and foremost, Edubridge Consultants is a digital agency and IT consultancy company established in 2006. Over the past 10 years, we have strived to satisfy our clients through high quality service delivery. We are driven by a passion for continuous improvement and we hold our reputation and image to high esteem. As a result we ensure to treat our clients with all fairness and integrity.

About Learn, Work AND Earn (Digital Marketing Training with Opportunity for Internship):

In 2012, Edubridge Consultants saw the gap in lack of skilled professionals who can help businesses grow online through digital marketing. As a result our Digital Marketing Training program services was launched. It may interest you to note that Edubridge Consultants is the first company in Lagos to startup a formal Training program on Digital Marketing. The course designed together with our United States partnership was highly demanded by prospects but came with a premium price. As a result, this course was mostly patronized by Corporate Clients. We have successfully trained many candidates from Top Media companies in Lagos, bank and FMCGs.

Interestingly, we have on many occasions received requests from our corporate clients asking for us to recommend our graduates who they could possibly hired to work for them. Unfortunately in most cases about 99% of our digital marketing graduates are already employed or are entrepreneurs having started their own digital agency business. To support this we conducted a simple research on major job portals in Nigeria, and it was very amazing the number of organizations who are listing vacancies related to the digital marketing careers.

Hence, we came up with the program Learn Work and Earn, designed to train job seekers on digital marketing program and Give them "Real World" projects to work on as Interns and Includes opportunity for them to get paid while they worked on projects to deliver set targets. On this program we teach the candidates exactly the same curriculum we offer to our paying clients. But due to the candidates this program have been targeted at, we had to subsidize this heavily. All candidates have unlimited internet access, computer (if required). Most importantly, we want them to be more employable as we intend to further recommend them to our clients who may need them, we go a long way to ensure that they are able to grasp the underlining concept of business success online.

We have living testimonials of candidates who have gone ahead with this program and are now highly sort after digital marketing expertise. This is our story and we are happy to be part of their success.

Issues:
1. Maybe because you were late to the program as a result of the heavy rain, you missed the opportunity to get the details of the program as I have explained above.
2. Our staff who attended to you was not patient enough to go over in details with you personally on what the program entails, please accept our apologies about this.
3. Always ask questions when there is something not clear to you, we could have given you detailed explanation to resolve your doubts about us.

For Reference:
My girlfriend was so furious that she asked if it was the same digital marketing that was done free by some ICT firms and even free online by Google that they were going to teach them or another thing entirely.

You may wish to note also, that our company Edubridge Consultants Limited is one of the Google Partners for Digital Skill for Africa, (as you have mentioned above). https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/partners
Under this program, we offer Free Trainings on Digital marketing. In 2016, we trained over 120,000 youths in 22 states across Nigeria, in partnership with NYSC.

Resolutions:
Should you be interested in the FREE Google Digital Skill for Africa Training, you can reach to our office to know when next there will be a training near your location or when we a conducting a training at our office. Please feel free to attend.

Finally, I would like to respectfully request that if you consider this response as factual, that you may likewise reply with a more appropriate review to update this post as our organization Edubridge Consultants Limited is not a scammer.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards

1 Like

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by mavinjay1(m): 9:24am On Nov 15, 2017
Even if na training.. digital marketing for 40k?

1 Like

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by Godswill09(m): 10:28pm On Jul 18, 2018
Thank you Sir for the wonderful reply you have given here. I would not have gone ahead to write the Graduate Trainee Final Assessment Test if I did not read your own side of the story. However there are rumors that successful candidates of your Firm's Graduate Trainee Program will have to pay NGN 40,000 for the program. Please I need more clarification on that. Thank you and God bless you Sir.
kossanaah:
Dear Yuji,

First Let me introduce myself to you. My name is Mr. Kaosiso Anaekwe, Founder and Managing Partner of Edubridge Consultants Limited.
I am reaching out to you specifically as a result of this damaging public post regarding my organization.

Permit me to use this medium to reach out to you personally to address your concerns about our organization and to explain the details of our program LEARN, WORK and EARN.

I did an internal investigation to find out what exactly happened on this incidence with a view of resolving the issues that you had raised.

First and foremost, Edubridge Consultants is a digital agency and IT consultancy company established in 2006. Over the past 10 years, we have strived to satisfy our clients through high quality service delivery. We are driven by a passion for continuous improvement and we hold our reputation and image to high esteem. As a result we ensure to treat our clients with all fairness and integrity.

About Learn, Work AND Earn (Digital Marketing Training with Opportunity for Internship):

In 2012, Edubridge Consultants saw the gap in lack of skilled professionals who can help businesses grow online through digital marketing. As a result our Digital Marketing Training program services was launched. It may interest you to note that Edubridge Consultants is the first company in Lagos to startup a formal Training program on Digital Marketing. The course designed together with our United States partnership was highly demanded by prospects but came with a premium price. As a result, this course was mostly patronized by Corporate Clients. We have successfully trained many candidates from Top Media companies in Lagos, bank and FMCGs.

Interestingly, we have on many occasions received requests from our corporate clients asking for us to recommend our graduates who they could possibly hired to work for them. Unfortunately in most cases about 99% of our digital marketing graduates are already employed or are entrepreneurs having started their own digital agency business. To support this we conducted a simple research on major job portals in Nigeria, and it was very amazing the number of organizations who are listing vacancies related to the digital marketing careers.

Hence, we came up with the program Learn Work and Earn, designed to train job seekers on digital marketing program and Give them "Real World" projects to work on as Interns and Includes opportunity for them to get paid while they worked on projects to deliver set targets. On this program we teach the candidates exactly the same curriculum we offer to our paying clients. But due to the candidates this program have been targeted at, we had to subsidize this heavily. All candidates have unlimited internet access, computer (if required). Most importantly, we want them to be more employable as we intend to further recommend them to our clients who may need them, we go a long way to ensure that they are able to grasp the underlining concept of business success online.

We have living testimonials of candidates who have gone ahead with this program and are now highly sort after digital marketing expertise. This is our story and we are happy to be part of their success.

Issues:
1. Maybe because you were late to the program as a result of the heavy rain, you missed the opportunity to get the details of the program as I have explained above.
2. Our staff who attended to you was not patient enough to go over in details with you personally on what the program entails, please accept our apologies about this.
3. Always ask questions when there is something not clear to you, we could have given you detailed explanation to resolve your doubts about us.

For Reference:

You may wish to note also, that our company Edubridge Consultants Limited is one of the Google Partners for Digital Skill for Africa, (as you have mentioned above). https://learndigital.withgoogle.com/digitalskills/partners
Under this program, we offer Free Trainings on Digital marketing. In 2016, we trained over 120,000 youths in 22 states across Nigeria, in partnership with NYSC.

Resolutions:
Should you be interested in the FREE Google Digital Skill for Africa Training, you can reach to our office to know when next there will be a training near your location or when we a conducting a training at our office. Please feel free to attend.

Finally, I would like to respectfully request that if you consider this response as factual, that you may likewise reply with a more appropriate review to update this post as our organization Edubridge Consultants Limited is not a scammer.

Regards
Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by Fr33born(m): 5:08am On Jul 19, 2018
Godswill09:
Thank you Sir for the wonderful reply you have given here. I would not have gone ahead to write the Graduate Trainee Final Assessment Test if I did not read your own side of the story. However there are rumors that successful candidates of your Firm's Graduate Trainee Program will have to pay NGN 40,000 for the program. Please I need more clarification on that. Thank you and God bless you Sir.
Thank you. Please answer the question sir
Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by egoakolam(f): 7:48am On Jul 19, 2018
We are waiting o. Please clarify
Fr33born:

Thank you. Please answer the question sir
Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by DTalented(m): 10:36pm On Jul 19, 2018
kossanaah:
Dear Yuji,

Issues:

For Reference:

Resolutions:

Regards
This post was made on Nov.15, 2017 and the poster was Last seen: 9:11am On
Nov 15, 2017.
I don't think he is still here or maybe he is using another account
Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by DTalented(m): 10:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
egoakolam:
We are waiting o. Please clarify
From the reply above and from what i have heard, it's obvious they charge for the training. Upto 50k now.
What i don't get is why they tag it ''graduate trainee''

1 Like

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by Akinlekanwr(m): 11:55pm On Jul 19, 2018
DTalented:

From the reply above and from what i have heard, it's obvious they charge for the training. Upto 50k now.
Exactly my view too. Despite how long and nice the post is, he didn't give a definite answer to the question posed about whether they charge any fees or they don't.

1 Like

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by Angy55(f): 8:01am On Jul 20, 2018
I made enquiries on this Edubridge, I decided to pause. After free online training by google, they expect me to go and pay such huge amount for training. The most painful part is, they tagged it Graduate trainee.

May God help us in this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kennywise006: 10:00pm On Jul 22, 2018
Hmmmm

I am confused...as in I don't get.
From all indications its seems this people have nothing to offer. Am thinking they use their site to generate traffic and have candidate for google in order to make money and that was why they tag it "Graduate trainee" knowing well that millions would apply.
I pity this country

3 Likes

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kossanah: 5:34pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello,
My thoughts was that this subject has has been given a due attention and response.
However, with regards to our ongoing excercise of Graduate Trainee Program, it is a pre-employment engagement and we do not require applicants to make any form of payment to our organization.

The engagement plans is in progress with the successful applicants.

Godswill09:

1 Like

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kossanah: 5:39pm On Jul 26, 2018
Pls can you share where you got the information that Edubridge Consultants is expecting you to make any form of payment for our Graduate Trainee applicants.

Angy55:
I made enquiries on this Edubridge, I decided to pause. After free online training by google, they expect me to go and pay such huge amount for training. The most painful part is, they tagged it Graduate trainee.

May God help us in this country.
Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kossanah: 5:47pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello,
Indeed Edubridge runs a paid training program just like many other organization in the same market, But please note that Our Graduate Trainee Program currently in progress is NOT a paid program but rather a pre-employment program arising from our business expansion effort.
Thanks

DTalented:

Re: Edubridge Consultants Are Worse Than GNLD! by kossanah: 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2018
Hello, your deduction is correct because I rarely visit this forum. But it is only appropriate to give the response here as soon it got to my attention. Thanks for your understanding.
DTalented:

This post was made on Nov.15, 2017 and the poster was Last seen: 9:11am On
Nov 15, 2017.
I don't think he is still here or maybe he is using another account

(1) (Reply)

Work Experience Or Working Experience / Fcmb Recruitment: Correct Website / How My Village People Followed Me To A Job Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.