Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,878 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy (3209 Views)

Nigeria V South Africa: The Battle For African Supremacy - BBC / Accept Party Supremacy, Buhari Tells Senators, Reps / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 3:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
2010! A year that seems to be a bad one for Nigeria is turning out to be a year of deliverance. Now check out these scenes. (1) Nigerians never knew that Terrorism was hale and hearty in Nigeria till Abdul Mutallab the first Nigerian terrorist without no beards shocked the world on xmas day. A VERY GOOD EXPOSURE OF TERRORIST ACTIVITIES IN NORTHERN STATES OF NIGERIA. (2) To make matters worst, as if the mutallab saga is not enough, the Northerners once again revealed the animalistic nature in them causing a bloody clash in ONE OF THE NORTHERN STATES CLAIMING LIVES AND PROPERTIES. We know the story very well. (3) The north who has been in power for almost 35years has lost their grounds as Mr Goodluck has broken that yoke. let the TERRORISTS accept their ill fate and stop dreaming because nothing for them in 2011. The downfall of the North! The downfall of Islam!! The downfall of terrorism in Nigeria!!!
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by opokonwa(m): 4:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
Guy, why are you sounding so anti-islamic and tribalistic at the same time?
I am neither a Northerner nor a muslim but I think that your post is too sectionalized and obnoxious angry

1 Like

Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by ow11(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2010
opokonwa:

Guy, why are you sounding so anti-islamic and tribalistic at the same time?
I am neither a Northerner nor a muslim but I think that your post is too sectionalized and obnoxious angry

I quite agree with you. He probably has never been to the North bar Abuja and no Hausa friend. So you can understand the reasons for his bigotry.

1 Like

Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 4:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
another ridiculous thread

Please for the sake of our common humanity delete
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 4:24pm On Feb 12, 2010
christ! Are you guys pretending not to know the pains Northerners have inflicted in Nigeria? incredible to hear these comments from people living in Nigeria.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo,

The worms don begin wriggle in ya brain, Madness don start.

You are exorcising your members, abi? Not to worry itwon't take long,

Whee iw wily wily, the drumbeats have started
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
You guys think i am tribalistic or anti-islam but i am not really. Looking at the shortcomings that has befallen Nigeria, you see a greater part of it was caused by the Northerners. Now don't critiscize me and prove my statement wrong!
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 5:37pm On Feb 12, 2010
I think at times its better to totally ignore thread like this and bet me it will gradually swim away.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by ezeagu(m): 5:38pm On Feb 12, 2010
Many people want to look like saints and heroes, detaching themselves from the sentiments of the original poster which they also share. grin
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2010
Now the question is thrown out. would you like to see a northerner been a president again in 2011? Would you deny that there are no terrorist group in Nigeria and these people are muslims? what does Islam teach in general?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
@ode remo. are u offended because i said the truth? well the truth must prevail. where are all the muslims? i need u in ur hundreds to crucify me.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
ow11:

I quite agree with you. He probably has never been to the North bar Abuja and no Hausa friend. So you can understand the reasons for his bigotry.

An Hausa man can never be your friend; wait till their Jihad and you'll be the first they will kill. They are the biggest backstabbers in Nigeria . .

As for Muslims, I think they are all possesed. . . undecided
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2010
personally i dont see religion i see human being, if i see religion i Will not employ an igbo manager  nor my Hausa guys that been driving trucks for me for yrs, i will not even  dine with my so called friends who take up chieftancy titles  and perform traditional rites .
i don't see religion. but unfortunately there are places i dare not go in my country.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

Now the question is thrown out. would you like to see a northerner been a president again in 2011? Would you deny that there are no terrorist group in Nigeria and these people are muslims? what does Islam teach in general?

So what? What will a Northerner being a President will add to the quality of life of the average northerner? It doesn't matter my friend. It seems you do not understand the politics in Nigeria. In as much as Nigeria remain a single country and there are states and local governments, it is doesn't matter what region the President come from. The most important thing is he should be capable and have foresight for the development of the country and shouldn't condone corruption. Yar'adua won't have been the President in the first place if not for Obasanjo.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Nobody: 6:02pm On Feb 12, 2010
ode remo:

personally i dont see religion i see human being, if i see religion i Will not employ an igbo manager nor my Hausa guys that been driving trucks for me for yrs, i will not even dine with my so called friends who take up chieftancy titles and perform traditional rites .
i don't see religion. but unfortunately there are places i dare not go in my country.

That dosen't mean you should be blind to the evil that a particular religion can cause. A religion that encourages people to kill is definitely devilish undecided
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
I find nothing wrong with this thread.  cheesy

Now we just need a clean split between the north and the south. I do not mind forming a nation with the Yoruba, if they so choose. In addition, I see nothing wrong with Yoruba Muslims, they are quite moderate.

The problem lies with the Hausa-Fulani Muslims. There thirst for Jihad and Islamicization (sp) of Nigeria is what keeps me awake at night.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by edoyad(m): 6:04pm On Feb 12, 2010
Passing through smiley
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by RichyBlacK(m): 6:11pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

So what? What will a Northerner being a President will add to the quality of life of the average northerner? It doesn't matter my friend. It seems you do not understand the politics in Nigeria. In as much as Nigeria remain a single country and there are states and local governments, it is doesn't matter what region the President come from. The most important thing is he should be capable and have foresight for the development of the country and shouldn't condone corruption. Yar'adua won't have been the President in the first place if not for Obasanjo.

True talk right here.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Ijeleigbo(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2010
finally i have a friend that agrees to my perspective. Thanks a million ujujoan!
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by oderemo(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
That doesn't mean you should be blind to the evil that a particular religion can cause. A religion that encourages people to kill is definitely devilish  

now let set other issues aside and deal with religion in general. because one religion kill openly and the rest do there unspeakable activities underground make them acceptable to you? come off it.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by RichyBlacK(m): 6:16pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

I find nothing wrong with this thread.  cheesy

Now we just need a clean split between the north and the south. I do not mind forming a nation with the Yoruba, if they so choose. In addition, I see nothing wrong with Yoruba Muslims, they are quite moderate.

The problem lies with the Hausa-Fulani Muslims. There thirst for Jihad and Islamicization (sp) of Nigeria is what keeps me awake at night.

EzeUche,

Can you propose a possible split? That is, which states should be in Arewa Republic (North) and which should be in Biaduwa Republic (South)?

Please note that my Kogi friends don't like the idea of being classified as "North". Thanks.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

finally i have a friend that agrees to my perspective. Thanks a million ujujoan!

My problem with most Nigerians, is the thought that they have monopoly of knowledge and wisdom. Overtime I have begin to wonder, if the people on this forum are among the few privilege Nigerians and are expected to be the managers of this country and our wealth then we ain't gonna go anywhere.

Why do you think that your perspective is the ultimate and anybody that disagree with you is your enemy?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:23pm On Feb 12, 2010
RichyBlacK:

EzeUche,

Can you propose a possible split? That is, which states should be in Arewa Republic (North) and which should be in Biaduwa Republic (South)?

Please note that my friend Kogi friends don't like the idea of being classified as "North". Thanks.

I would not consider Kogi state part of the "north" as well.

Any state above Kwara State and Benue State should be considered the north. Now I know that the inhabitants of Niger State and Plateau State would not be too happy, but we should cede that to the Arewa Republic for the greater good, because the Hausa that live in those states would not let those states go.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by RichyBlacK(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

Any state above Kwara State and Benue State should be considered the north. Now I know that the inhabitants of Niger State and Plateau State would not be too happy, but we should cede that to the Arewa Republic for the greater good, because the Hausa that live in those states would not let those states go.

How about looking at the problem at a local government area (LGA) level instead of at a state level?

Maybe Plateau and Niger should be allowed to split up into smaller units, and then moving the "Southern" units to Biaduwa and the "Northern" units to Arewa?
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 6:32pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

This is just a sheer fantasy. How do you expect people like to sit down and be fantasizing on how to split Nigeria and where the prospective boundries will be.

I do not know all your grievances with the Northern people but I do know that one of them is religious difference. That is what made up your fantasy of deviding the country along religious lines.

I don't know what part of the country you live, but I know your fantasy is just a dream. Just 3 years agon, we had a President from the south, who after few years, started thinking of making himself an Emperor of Nigeria. Most people lay the blame of their misfortunes on the door step of the Hausa man. And Providence will proof to us that the people in the NOrthern region cannot be hold responsible for the misfortunes of other part of the country.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Afam(m): 6:35pm On Feb 12, 2010
Comments that are insulting to a religion practiced by many Nigerians are not only wrong but leads to unnecessary hatred. We don't need this.

Islam cannot be the source of our problem just as Christianity cannot as we have quite a good number of good and bad people practicing these religions.

We should learn to base our discussions on facts, logic and common sense and do away with those things that create bad blood and spread hatred.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:38pm On Feb 12, 2010
Tsiya:

This is just a sheer fantasy. How do you expect people like to sit down and be fantasizing on how to split Nigeria and where the prospective boundries will be.

I do not know all your grievances with the Northern people but I do know that one of them is religious difference. That is what made up your fantasy of deviding the country along religious lines.

I don't know what part of the country you live, but I know your fantasy is just a dream. Just 3 years agon, we had a President from the south, who after few years, started thinking of making himself an Emperor of Nigeria. Most people lay the blame of their misfortunes on the door step of the Hausa man. And Providence will proof to us that the people in the NOrthern region cannot be hold responsible for the misfortunes of other part of the country.

A dream? Nigeria will break-up before 2015 as the Americans predicted. The amalgamation we call Nigeria does not work. I rather have a small car that works than a big car that does not work.

And you have the audacity to wonder what grievances with the Northern people are? Have you heard of Biafra? Hmmmm,  When my people were slaughtered like cattle? The scars can be still seen in the people who fought for freedom. The same nation that never apologized for the attrocites committed against innocent Biafrans.

I pray for the day that Nigeria breaks up!!! angry We Igbos do not want to be part of this union. Let us vote so we can get out of the 'federation.'
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by EzeUche(m): 6:41pm On Feb 12, 2010
Afam:

Comments that are insulting to a religion practiced by many Nigerians are not only wrong but leads to unnecessary hatred. We don't need this.

Islam cannot be the source of our problem just as Christianity cannot as we have quite a good number of good and bad people practicing these religions.

We should learn to base our discussions on facts, logic and common sense and do away with those things that create bad blood and spread hatred.

Of course religion is not the problem. It is the people who practice the religion that is the problem. Like I stated, I have no problems with Yoruba Muslims since the appear to be the moderates among the bunch. My problem is with the feudalistic Hausa-Fulani, who use Islam to declare war on their neighbors. This is what I abhor since the Prophet Mohammed did not preach violence against non-believers.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Dede1(m): 6:42pm On Feb 12, 2010
Ijele-igbo:

christ! Are you guys pretending not to know the pains Northerners have inflicted in Nigeria? incredible to hear these comments from people living in Nigeria.

You should honestly question yourself about the handiworks of those that supported or aided the northerners to the present stage.

My grandfather told me to forgive the wrestler that is holding me on the ground but never forgive the bystander that is urging the wrestler to apply a stranglehold on me.

What is engendering the recent dislike of the northerners by the offspring of the goons that joined forces with north in 1966? I hope that OP does not belong to the intended group.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by citizenY(m): 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
^^^^^^
@Tsiya

Exactly and what do they have - one vote and a big mouth and no political platform.
When the chips are down, inconsequential.

It is democracy, having your say may not mean have your way.
The important thing is the right and no one can deny that.

Everybody is now a cartographer. Many guys just move about with their heads in the clouds- hazy.
This self delusion is an elixir for dementia. People are clamouring for their own states and some guys
are coopting them into larger groupings, without their consent.

I am hesitant to ascribe this nonsense to religious bigotry. You cannot be blowing hot and cold. We have
over 140 million shareholders and they cannot all come to a board meeting. Some guys could have got the
beating of their lives.

Becommrich, you have competition.

Becomrich, you have competition now.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Afam(m): 6:45pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

Of course religion is not the problem. It is the people who practice the religion that is the problem. Like I stated, I have no problems with Yoruba Muslims since the appear to be the moderates among the bunch. My problem is with the feudalistic Hausa-Fulani, who use Islam to declare war on their neighbors. This is what I abhor since the Prophet Mohammed did not preach violence against non-believers.

My point is that we should be specific when accusing anyone and stop generalizing as it is wrong. Accusing or insulting a tribe or religion based on the actions of a few is totally wrong and unacceptable.
Re: The Downfall Of Northern Supremacy by Tsiya(m): 6:47pm On Feb 12, 2010
EzeUche:

A dream? Nigeria will break-up before 2015 as the Americans predicted. The amalgamation we call Nigeria does not work. I rather have a small car that works than a big car that does not work.

And you have the audacity to have grievances with the Northern people? Have you heard of Biafra? Hmmmm,  When my people were slaughtered like cattle? The scars can be still seen in the people who fought for freedom. The same nation that never apologized for the attrocites committed against innocent Biafrans. I pray for the day that Nigeria breaks up.

I am not a history revisionist and but I don't understand what you mean by the government of Nigeria have not apologised. What do you want? The government should print placards and place them in every town and village to apologise for something that have been apologised for and that government took a strong effort to reintegrate the society.

Have you forgotten that Ojukwu was reinstated into Nigerian army and his full pension and benefits were given to him.

why do you people belief that the civil war is because the North is Muslims and the South are Christains. In AFrican countries there are numerous countries have had civil wars and clearly they have nothing to do with religious difference.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Beggars Join Exodus Out Of Country / Fresh Documents In $3m Bribe Scandal Implicate Otedola / PHCN Ordered To Restore Power In Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.