Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,480 members, 7,808,749 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe (10454 Views)

I'm Beginning To Reason With Jehovah Witness On Their Stand Concerning Trinity / Catholics Come In And Explain A Thing / Atheism Fails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:24pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You are still messing yourself up. According to Christians the father of J E S U S is Joseph. Before he was born was he known as Jesus? How can You lay claim to knowing his divine paternity when you never knew him before he was born and neither did you know his name before he was born and given an earthly name.

Was he ever spiritually conceived to enable him have a spiritual father?
Your questions are lame, Christians believe Jesus father is Yahweh following the bible scriptures. Joseph might be his earthly father but he(Jesus) is the son of God according their beliefs. Read Luke 1:26-38

Christian even claim Jesus existed right from the beginning (Old testament), pointing out some verses from the OT bible.

And btw I'm not a Christian.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Jesus daddy. undecided
You know not what u speak of. undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:26pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

You know not what u speak of. undecided
Yahweh has a son or not?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
LightandDarkness:

Because there is a large diversity of opinions among atheists, atheism cannot and does not offer a single explanation for the origin of the universe, that is up to the individual atheist. Atheist A can believe the big bang theory is valid, Atheist B might believe the world was created from the sperm of an alien race in a separate universe. I would think the flogging you received on this thread was enough for you but don't worry, I am not in the mood for long arguments tonight grin
Lmao!
Eiya, so you hail someone who said "I (human being) am proof" that God is imaginary,
You call such argument "flogging"?

Wow, you must be tomfoolery kingpin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Yahweh has a son or not?

Who is Yahweh?

1 Like

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

Who is Yahweh?
The Jewish God that has a Jewish son. undecided
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:33pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Your questions are lame, Christians believe Jesus father is Yahweh following the bible scriptures. Joseph might be his earthly father but he's the son of God according their beliefs.

Christian even claim Jesus existed right from the beginning (Old testament), pointing out some verses from the OT bible.

Na wa o. Who do you this kind tin oga tintingz cheesy

How can someone who eternally existed have a father? Christians do not believe in God being the father of Jesus, they believe that both (spiritual Jesus) and God are one. Note that I said Spiritual Jesus because he was even before time began but never existed as J E S U S until he was biologically born. When he took on flesh it was temporal but the being inside the body known as J E S U S remains forever which makes his existence from everlasting to everlasting.

J E S U S is known in scripture as the son of man and even he called himself that. So which scripture talks of J E S U S being the son of God?

Were you a Christian before?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 8:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
The Jewish God that has a Jewish son. undecided
God is a Spirit
God has no tribe or nationality
THERE IS nothing like "Jewish" God

You may educate yourself a little

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

God is a Spirit
God has no tribe or nationality
THERE IS nothing like "Jewish" God

You may educate yourself a little
Are we not talking about the bible God anymore? undecided

Yahweh, Jehovah, Elohim etc are all the names of a Jewish G-d. << I'm now Jewish. cool
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:

Yahweh, Jehovah, Elohim etc are all the names of a Jewish G-d. << I'm now Jewish. cool

You no dey hear word. God is not Jewish. Simply say that to you God is a Jewish construct.

God is not geographically restricted oga tintingz so remove those cobwebs in your brain.

Who named God Yahweh? You?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:52pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Na wa o. Who do you this kind tin oga tintingz cheesy

How can someone who eternally existed have a father? Christians do not believe in God being the father of Jesus, they believe that both (spiritual Jesus) and God are one. Note that I said Spiritual Jesus because he was even before time began but never existed as J E S U S until he was biologically born. When he took on flesh it was temporal but the being inside the body known as J E S U S remains forever which makes his existence from everlasting to everlasting.

J E S U S is known in scripture as the son of man and even he called himself that. So which scripture talks of J E S U S being the son of God?
Read Luke 1:26-38 and tell me who was angel Gabriel talking about.

Jesus called himself son of man, that's the argument non-christian used to argue about Jesus being just a man, while christian argue he called himself son of God using some verses in John.

Were you a Christian before?
Nope, a Muslim.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

You no dey hear word. God is not Jewish. Simply say that to you God is a Jewish construct.

God is not geographically restricted oga tintingz so remove those cobwebs in your brain.
Can you tell me why Yahweh called the Israelites "the chosen people"?

Who named God Yahweh? You?
Nope, it was Moses when God spoke to him.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:57pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Read Luke 1:26-38 and tell me who was angel Gabriel talking about.

Jesus called himself son of man, that's the argument non-christian used to argue about Jesus being just a man, while christian argue he called himself son of God using some verses in John.

Nope, a Muslim.

Mtcheew so na Muslim you be before sef. No wonder your confusion get swagger.

Oga Jesus in the flesh was both human and divine but chose which to be as the need arose. For us he was made flesh in order to fulfil the requirements for an eternal sacrifice.

If I start putting down spiritual explanations now your confusion will quadruple because your foundation is like a man born and raised in the stone age but argues that he knows how an Android phone works.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 8:58pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Can you tell me why Yahweh called the Israelites "the chosen people"?

Nope, it was Moses when God spoke to him.

Moses never named God! God never named Himself! God simply described himself. To Moses he said I AM That I AM has sent you.

What is I AM that I AM?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 8:59pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Mtcheew so na Muslim you be before sef. No wonder your confusion get swagger.

Oga Jesus in the flesh was both human and divine but chose which to be as the need arose. For us he was made flesh in order to fulfil the requirements for an eternal sacrifice.

If I start putting down spiritual explanations now your confusion will quadruple because your foundation is like a man born and raised in the stone age but argues that he knows how an Android phone works.
One question, did Joseph slept with Mary?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
One question, did Joseph slept with Mary?

Na wa o. Did God sleep with Mary?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 9:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:

You see why I say you know not what you speak?
Is there anything like "jewish" spirit?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Moses never named God! God never named Himself! God simply described himself. To Moses he said I AM has sent you.

What is I AM?
God named himself I AM which is Yahweh(YHWH) in Hebrew according to the Jewish people, he said that is his name forever.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Na wa o. Did God sleep with Mary?
I don't know about that one, all I know is God called Jesus his beloved son.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

You see why I say you know not what you speak?
Is there anything like "jewish" spirit?

You mean spirit of God? Yes there is a Jewish spirit called the holy ghost. smiley
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:

You mean spirit of God? Yes there is a Jewish spirit called the holy ghost. smiley

O spirit has tribe?
Wow....
Fantastic
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
God named himself I AM which is Yahweh(YHWH) in Hebrew according to the Jewish people, he said that is his name forever.

Do you see why I said your confusion has swagger?

Moses asked God "who shall I say has sent me"?

God responded tell them that I AM THAT I AM has sent you. I Am that I Am was God describing himself to Moses. He could not offer his name because he is everything and in everything and nothing exists without him so the easiest way to relate to his divine nature is through his many attributes and not his name.

What God told Moses was like saying I am the beginning. I am the ending. I am Alpha. I am Omega. I am pure consciousness. I am the Universe. I am everything. Everything is mine. I am the body. The body is mine. I am the soul, and the spirit. The soul and the spirit is mine. I am the creator of all things, and all things are mine. I am the father, the son, and the holy Ghost. I am the window of the soul. The soul is me.

God told Moses I am THAT I am. Do you know what the word THAT stands for?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:45pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:

Let me further break it down to you.

I AM THAT I AM. let me begin with the word AM

Definition: AM, the first person of the verb to be, in the indicative mode, present tense (He is a God who lives in the eternal present. This is the reason he is eternal. He constantly is!

THAT

Definition: THAT, an adjective, pronoun or substitute. 1. That, is a word used as a definitive adjective, pointing to a certain person or thing before mentioned, or supposed to be understood. 2. That is used definitively, to designate a specific thing or person emphatically.

What God told Moses was like saying I AM THE ONE WHO IS AND WHO ALWAYS IS. I DO NOT TRY TO BE BECAUSE I ALREADY AM AND WILL REMAIN AS I AM.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Let me further break it down to you.

I AM THAT I AM. let me begin with the word AM

Definition: AM, the first person of the verb to be, in the indicative mode, present tense (He is a God who lives in the eternal present. This is the reason he is eternal. He constantly is!

THAT

Definition: THAT, an adjective, pronoun or substitute. 1. That, is a word used as a definitive adjective, pointing to a certain person or thing before mentioned, or supposed to be understood. 2. That is used definitively, to designate a specific thing or person emphatically.

What God told Moses was like saying I AM THE ONE WHO IS AND WHO ALWAYS IS.
Are you a Jewish man? The Jews said I AM means Yahweh in Hebrew, which God himself said that is his name forever.

Break it down as you want, Yahweh is the name of the Jewish God.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Do you see why I said your confusion has swagger?

Moses asked God "who shall I say has sent me"?

God responded tell them that I AM THAT I AM has sent you. I Am that I Am was God describing himself to Moses. He could not offer his name because he is everything and in everything and nothing exists without him so the easiest way to relate to his divine nature is through his many attributes and not his name.

What God told Moses was like saying I am the beginning. I am the ending. I am Alpha. I am Omega. I am pure consciousness. I am the Universe. I am everything. Everything is mine. I am the body. The body is mine. I am the soul, and the spirit. The soul and the spirit is mine. I am the creator of all things, and all things are mine. I am the father, the son, and the holy Ghost. I am the window of the soul. The soul is me.

God told Moses I am THAT I am. Do you know what the word THAT stands for?
Did God said I AM(Yahweh) is his name forever or not?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 9:51pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Are you a Jewish man? The Jews said I AM means Yahweh in Hebrew, which God himself said that is his name forever.

Break it down as you want, Yahweh is the name of the Jewish God.

Yahweh was an attempted Jewish word for I AM THAT I AM. it was not a name but a Jewish rendering of the same term I AM THAT I AM.

You go school Abi?
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 9:56pm On Aug 08, 2017
felixomor:

O spirit has tribe?
Wow....
Fantastic
We all create the concept of spirit. The way Yoruba religion see spirit is different from Arab concept of spirit.

If you're talking about spirit of a deity, yes spirits have tribes. grin
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by butterflylion: 10:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Did God said I AM(Yahweh) is his name forever or not?

Na wa o. I AM Wetin? I AM what? God gave you a blank cheque when he said I AM THAT I AM. He never gave us a name. Yahweh or YHWH is an attempted Hebrew rendering for the same words I AM THAT I AM. YHWH is made up of four consonants YHWH. It has no vowels (A, E, I, O, U) which are necessary for speech.

The Israelites got around this by writing "YHWH", but when reading scriptures aloud, they said "ADONAI" or "LORD", and many Bibles today put in "LORD" in all capitals to signify the translation of "YHWH". There is no evidence that any attempt to pronounce "YHWH" was ever made by the Israelites, the early church, or by Jesus Christ.

Oga tintingz stop confusing yourself.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 10:02pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
Your questions are lame, Christians believe Jesus father is Yahweh following the bible scriptures. Joseph might be his earthly father but he(Jesus) is the son of God according their beliefs. Read Luke 1:26-38

cheesy Lmao you should know nairaland Christians are so dishonest. Jesus is no longer the son of God lol.

john3:16 for God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever believes in him shall have eternal life.

their so called trinity is father, son and holy spirit.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by felixomor: 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
tintingz:
We all create the concept of spirit. The way Yoruba religion see spirit is different from Arab concept of spirit.

If you're talking about spirit of a deity, yes spirits have tribes. grin
Interesting....
I am sure they also have nationality, according to your logic
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by tintingz(m): 10:03pm On Aug 08, 2017
butterflylion:

Yahweh was an attempted Jewish word for I AM THAT I AM. it was not a name but a Jewish rendering of the same term I AM THAT I AM.

You go school Abi?
Bible God said his name is Yahweh which means I AM THAT I AM.

If the Jewish God spoke to a Yoruba prophet and said his name his I AM, that his another case but as we all know the bible God never spoke to any Yoruba prophet or Ifa priest.
Re: How Atheism Fails To Explain A Beginning To The Universe by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet.
God does not have a son
there is only one God
only one true religion Islam
Christianity is false how can God rape a virgin? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Christianity For Christians. / To: Noetic,huxley,daviddylan,abuzola And Co / Stop "The Charging Phone In Church" Habit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.