Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,320 members, 7,780,794 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:21 PM

Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. (2519 Views)

Mosques And Churches To Reopen In Lagos On August 7 & 9 Respectively / A Nairalander Wisdom Nwedene's Outfit To Jehovah's Witnesses Convention In Enugu / My Dream Of The Rapture(8/7/2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by mikeolu1: 4:41am On Aug 08, 2017
August 7, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: Public Witnessing Posters

S-80-E PUBLIC WITNESSING SUPPLIES

Dear Brothers:
We are pleased to inform you of a new design for public witnessing posters. Rather than featuring specific publications, seven new posters focus on timely topics that have global appeal. We believe this approach will allow publishers to better address the specific needs of interested persons.

The titles for the new posters are:
 You Are Invited (This is a poster for use in inviting the public to conventions, congregation meetings, and the Memorial.)
 Learn Bible Truths
 Peace—When?
 What Is True Success?
 Will Suffering End?
 Was Life Created?
 Find Family Happiness

The posters that feature the cover article for each issue of the public edition of The Watchtower and Awake! and the four posters that feature sign-language publications will continue to be used. However, when the new posters arrive in the congregation, posters that feature other individual publications should no longer be used.

We send our warm Christian love.

Your brothers,

PS to the body of elders:
Please arrange for this letter to be read to the congregation at the first midweek meeting after its receipt. Thereafter, it should be posted on the information board. However, this postscript should neither be read to the congregation nor be posted on the information board.

In addition to what is stated above, please note that the three Free Personal Bible Study posters and the poster featuring the jw.org logo will continue to be made available.

We are pleased to announce that you may now begin requesting from the branch office magnetic boards and magnetic-compatible posters for use with literature carts. The posters are weather-resistant and are designed to keep their dignified appearance after extensive use. They will be shipped to congregations starting in early 2018. The Public Witnessing Supplies (S-80) form has been revised to include a starter kit containing one magnetic board and all seven of the new posters. While it is recommended that a starter kit be requested for each literature cart, the magnetic board and/or the seven posters used on the magnetic board may also be requested separately. At the present time, the new posters for use with the magnetic boards are available for request from the branch office in Cebuano, Chichewa, Chinese Mandarin (Simplified), Chinese Mandarin (Traditional), Czech, Efik, English, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Haitian Creole, Hungarian, Igbo, Iloko, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Nigerian Pidgin, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swahili, Tagalog, Twi, Ukrainian, Yoruba, and Zulu. As additional languages become available, these will be listed in the monthly announcement of new publications.

Only the magnetic-compatible posters from the organization should be used with the magnetic boards, since adhesive-based posters could cause damage to the magnetic board. Care should be taken not to fold or crease the posters. Please use caution when opening the package that contains the magnetic board and posters so as not to damage the contents. If the new magnetic-compatible posters are not available for request from the branch office in a certain language, it may be that the new posters in that language are available electronically in the “Forms” section of the “Documents” tab. Such posters could be downloaded and printed locally for use with nonmagnetic boards.

In view of the costs associated with providing magnetic boards, posters, and other public witnessing equipment, discernment is needed to ensure that the congregation is considering their privilege to financially support the worldwide work.—Luke 14:28.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by JusticeSeeker: 7:03am On Aug 08, 2017
Jehovah's witnesses are not Christians. Why will they say they are Christians when they deny Christ 's divinity? They are simply a set of deluded persons who have chosen to believe strong lies concocted from the pit of hell.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by mikeolu1: 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
JusticeSeeker:
Jehovah's witnesses are not Christians. Why will they say they are Christians when they deny Christ 's divinity? They are simply a set of deluded persons who have chosen to believe strong lies concocted from the pit of hell.
I don't even care if they are Christian or not. What bothers me is the culty behavior, people are punished when they decide to leave.
Parent shun or even evict children from home, when the children refuse or question watchtower teaching.
Teenagers are told not to go to university.
They said going to university is lack of faith in God. See video of one of Jw governing body below.
It s the most controlling group anyone can join.
Run Run Run

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7R4f9ygxDbk
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by mikeolu1: 7:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
New letter to Bodies of Elders.
The 2018 Memorial will be held on Saturday, March 31, 2018.

The 2019 Memorial will be held on Friday, April 19, 2019.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by joyandfaith: 8:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
mikeolu1:

op. You are definitely a rebel and an apostate. if you are afraid of shunning, that means you have inferiority complex. if you leave you can always make new friends. people have left, heaven did not fall. member of governing body , bethelites etc have been removed from congregation . Issue of disfellowship is clearly discussed before baptism. it is not hidden.you know this. are u forced to get baptized ?why are you crying like baby? definitely, you do not understand Bible truths. I advise, try to get clearer understanding of things. you can see help.
1. disfellowship is clearly Bible principle 1 Cor 5
2.university education is misinformation.nobody will disfellowship you for going to University. it is optional. a lot of jw youths are in university.some are even elders. pls, get clearer understanding of jw teaching.
3. abstaining from blood is clear Bible principle. act 5:28,39. in first century, blood is a recommended treatment for some diseases. and it was a common practice among doctors then. modern blood transfusion is still misuse of blood. it is not refusal to accept blood that kill patients but disease process and level of medical knowledge. I can tell you a lot of patients had collected blood and still died due to disease while a lot of patients had refused blood and survive. it is left for medical researchers to compare the two groups.i can tell you no haematogist will conduct such studies. many doctors also prescribe blood needlessly. this is rule , anybody that was given a pint of blood did not actually need blood and if someone would need multiple blood transfusion, such person will still die of ailment soon.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 11:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
joyandfaith:

op. You are definitely a rebel and an apostate. if you are afraid of shunning, that means you have inferiority complex.

Sometimes you could have A rebel with a just cause and an apostate/antichrist is supposed to be someone who is against Jesus Christ. The imperfect 7 men in New York aka gb are not and will never be be Jesus Christ.
Being Afraid of shunning is not and will never mean inferiority complex. Shunning is psychological torture and a form emotional blackmail. Avoiding torture or blackmail is not synonymous with inferiority complex.

if you leave you can always make new friends. people have left, heaven did not fall. member of governing body , bethelites etc have been removed from congregation .

Nothing replaces family and friends you have known all your life. It is evil when you take someones number one social support. Some people you mentioned left on their own have you ever cared why they left? Btw each human is unique. Something may work for Mr a and not work for Mr b. Stop the black and white thinking.

Issue of disfellowship is clearly discussed before baptism. it is not hidden.you know this. are u forced to get baptized ?why are you crying like baby? definitely, you do not understand Bible truths.

What if he was baptized as a child and I understand children between 6 to 17 years are baptized. Don't tell me a child will have any idea what disfellowshiping means. When the Children become adults and when they no longer believe your gb they are punished for a decision they made as children. If a child cant make a life long decision such as marriage then they shouldn't be baptized. Jesus Christ wasn't even baptized till he was 30.

I advise, try to get clearer understanding of things. you can see help.
1. disfellowship is clearly Bible principle 1 Cor 5

Disfellowship is not the issue shunning is. The Bible never said you disfellowship and shun people because they don't agree with 7 imperfect men in New York aka gb on doctrines that are non biblical.

2.university education is misinformation.nobody will disfellowship you for going to University. it is optional. a lot of jw youths are in university.some are even elders. pls, get clearer understanding of jw teaching

University education is never misinformation. The main point is why equate getting a higher education to lack of faith? This is non biblical. Some jw youth don't go because of imperfect gb teaching. Don't give excuse. your answer doesn't address the issue of imperfect men encouraging followers to do something that is non biblical.

3. abstaining from blood is clear Bible principle. act 5:28,39. in first century, blood is a recommended treatment for some diseases. and it was a common practice among doctors then

Are you kidding me? Your gb decides to lie to spread their wrong teaching. The Bible never referred to blood transfusion. What first century? Or Is it the first century made up by only watchtower? Please what passage in the Bible and your reference where blood transfusion was used as a treatment for diseases amongst the first century people?

modern blood transfusion is still misuse of blood. it is not refusal to accept blood that kill patients but disease process and level of medical knowledge

There you lie again why do you people instill fear to get your teaching accepted? Modern blood transfusion is never a misuse of blood only watchtower believes this.
Refusal of blood transfusion can kill a patient too. stop spreading wrong information

I can tell you a lot of patients had collected blood and still died due to disease while a lot of patients had refused blood and survive. it is left for medical researchers to compare the two groups.

I can also tell you that patients had blood transfusion and survived while a lot of patients who had refused blood transfusion died due to refusal. No medical researcher will do a comparative study like your own. Shows how far you people will go to deceive people in other to justify your cruel teaching or murder all in the name of religion.

i can tell you no haematogist will conduct such studies.

Hematologist will never conduct biased and dumb studies like what you described

many doctors also prescribe blood needlessly
Many doctors prescribe blood transfusion because it is necessary. Thank God you did not say all. Always
Painting things in a bad way to make your evil teaching appealing.

this is rule

This is only watchtower's rule.

anybody that was given a pint of blood did not actually need blood

Anybody that was transfused with a pint of blood did actually need it.

This your statement is a false and deceitful statement. For adults one pint of blood to be transfused may be small and could be necessary too and could better a persons outcome . In newborns and young children I pint of blood is equivalent to multiple pints in adults so your argument is biased. You have to take a lot of things into consideration.

and if someone would need multiple blood transfusion, such person will still die of ailment soon

And if someone would need multiple blood transfusion and got it on time, such person will survive and may not die of the ailment.

In your argument you assumed the person needed it but didn't get transfusion also you assumed that the ailment would kill the person soon. In most cases when multiple blood transfusion is needed it is because it is the lack of blood that will kill that person. Therefore most cases that get the multiple blood transfusion survive.

I have noticed that jws always focus on bad side of things they don't agree with which is very wrong. Always Take into consideration the good and bad.
If the benefits of blood transfusion far outweigh the risks involved it is given. this is the rule.

Your Jehovah says life of a human is sacred and we should not murder or take our lives yet when the blood of a human is required to save a life via blood transfusion he says no. Your jehovah is just blood thirsty and a lover of human sacrifice he isn't different from baal then.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Lightning07(m): 1:00am On Aug 12, 2017
JusticeSeeker:
Evidence please
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by achorladey: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
The signs of the times are here!!!!!!! To whom it may concern take heed.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 10:05am On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:
The signs of the times are here!!!!!!! To whom it may concern take heed.

So the time where your Jehovah comes to murder billions of humans so millions can inherit the earth because they did not follow imperfect 7 men in new Yorks aka gb Bible interpretation is fast approaching.

Stop the fear mongering.
Jws eagerly waiting since 1879 for their Jehovah to slaughter billions of non jws including their foetuses and children and those who have never heard of them. Acholardey hope you will be happy seeing corpses and perceiving their odour in your new system? You are a Narcissistic psychopath.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by achorladey: 8:49pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

So the time where your Jehovah comes to murder billions of humans so millions can inherit the earth because they did not follow imperfect 7 men in new Yorks aka gb Bible interpretation is fast approaching.

Stop the fear mongering.
Jws eagerly waiting since 1879 for their Jehovah to slaughter billions of non jws including their foetuses and children and those who have never heard of them. Acholardey hope you will be happy seeing corpses and perceiving their odour in your new system? You are a Narcissistic psychopath.
I have heard this before? So omiran ka a gbo. Narcissistic ko, fascist ni?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2017
achorladey:

I have heard this before? So omiran ka a gbo. Narcissistic ko, fascist ni?

You still a narcissistic psychopath cos you want somebody to go through pain and suffering because they are exposing hidden truths about your religion
Why do jws want non jws and people who don't believe in your religion anymore to always go through pain and suffering?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by achorladey: 10:32pm On Aug 13, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

You still a narcissistic psychopath cos you want somebody to go through pain and suffering because they are exposing hidden truths about your religion
Why do jws want non jws and people who don't believe in your religion anymore to always go through pain and suffering?
Have heard this too before. Give me another line please!!!!
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2017
achorladey:

Have heard this too before. Give me another line please!!!!

Still the same line. Truth never changes
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by xaggar(m): 11:22am On Aug 14, 2017
Non acceptance of Blood transfusion is not forced upon members, rather each member is taught not to accept because it contravenes God's law on the issue.

The decision is left for each member to decide based on his/her level of faith.

Members who succumb to accepting it as treatment are only cautioned and asked to build their faith on God. You are expected to live by what u teach.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 1:44pm On Aug 14, 2017
xaggar:
Non acceptance of Blood transfusion is not forced upon members, rather each member is taught not to accept because it contravenes God's law on the issue.

The decision is left for each member to decide based on his/her level of faith.

Members who succumb to accepting it as treatment are only cautioned and asked to build their faith on God. You are expected to live by what u teach.

Children and newborn make the choice to refuse blood transfusion right?
Members are cautioned by disfellowshipping them or treating them as bad association.
The decision my dear is not in their hands.
Blood transfusion doesn't contravene any of God's laws or are you talking of the law made by Nathan knorr in 1945? Except Nathan knorr is now God in your eyes.

A God that you say is love, creator, is good will say life is sacred and blood is a symbol of life then will take a symbol over what it actually represents. I think your jehovah loves murder.

Life is sacred yet a medical procedure used to save life itself isn't allowed why? Because an illiterate psychopath said accepting blood transfusion goes contrary to God's laws.
You people worship Human beings
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by xaggar(m): 1:34am On Aug 16, 2017
Hairyrapunzel:

Children and newborn make the choice to refuse blood transfusion right?
Members are cautioned by disfellowshipping them or treating them as bad association.
The decision my dear is not in their hands.
Blood transfusion doesn't contravene any of God's laws or are you talking of the law made by Nathan knorr in 1945? Except Nathan knorr is now God in your eyes.

A God that you say is love, creator, is good will say life is sacred and blood is a symbol of life then will take a symbol over what it actually represents. I think your jehovah loves murder.

Life is sacred yet a medical procedure used to save life itself isn't allowed why? Because an illiterate psychopath said accepting blood transfusion goes contrary to God's laws.
You people worship Human beings

Defend this argument with the use of the scriptures let me see.

I'll start by saying abstain from blood is clear in its entirety. I believe to abstain from blood isn't just about not eating blood but also covers for medical purposes.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by Hairyrapunzel: 2:14pm On Aug 16, 2017
xaggar:

Defend this argument with the use of the scriptures let me see.

I'll start by saying abstain from blood is clear in its entirety. I believe to abstain from blood isn't just about not eating blood but also covers for medical purposes.
There is no passage in the bible that blood transfusion is mentioned
Defend the argument that children and newborns make the decision to refuse blood transfusion?

Who told you God doesn't like blood transfusion? Nathan knorr in 1945

Who told you the abstain from blood in acts covers medical purposes? Watchtower organization

Who told you blood transfusion is the same thing as eating blood? Watchtower organization
What is there to defend with Bible? Refusal of blood transfusion is an assumption made by your organization that abstain from blood said by Paul to the gentiles meant God was saying abstain from blood transfusion. Its all an assumption which was made and became a law in 1945

How come it took almost 70years for them to know blood transfusion was bad?
Then how come it took them till 1998 to know God only allows blood components donated from blood by worldly people?
You can add your own adjusted explanation and your assumed passages
But as for me I don't go beyond what is written in the bible.

1cor 4:6. Now, brothers and sisters, I have applied these things to myself and Apollos for your benefit, so that you may learn from us the meaning of the saying, "Do not go beyond what is written." Then you will not be puffed up in being a follower of one of us over against the other.

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by mikeolu1: 11:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
There's one bible verse that is rarely quoted or used in any Watchtower publication.
Deut 18:22 (When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. the prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.)

Funny during the midweek meeting one day, a sister in my congregation said and i quote
"This bible verse is not referring to the new light from the governing body, because we know we have the truth".
Suffice to say that the kingdom hall was quiet. I can never forget the body language of most in attendant
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by enimooko: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2017
mikeolu1:
August 7, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: Public Witnessing Posters

S-80-E PUBLIC WITNESSING SUPPLIES
This is not a public document! Do not be found[i] meddling in the personal affairs[/i] of others....your progress may be retarded.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by enimooko: 1:44pm On Sep 09, 2017
mikeolu1:
There's one bible verse that is rarely quoted or used in any Watchtower publication.
Deut 18:22 When the prophet speaks in the name of Jehovah and the word is not fulfilled or does not come true, then Jehovah did not speak that word. the prophet spoke it presumptuously. You should not fear him.
For those who who can see it, can hear it and can understand it... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by enimooko: 1:48pm On Sep 09, 2017
mikeolu1:

ILLEGALITY in the name of God.. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by enimooko: 1:54pm On Sep 09, 2017
mikeolu1:
Finland, Turku - JW in Cart witnessing killed in attack https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6355488641908736/_post/6151316533411840 Åbo Underrättelser, Thursday 24 August 2017
The controversial society lost a member of the knife attack on Friday. On the western corner of Salutorg Square, Turku grows the sea of ​​flowers and candles in memory of those murdered in Friday's violence. Tim Renvall, resident of Pikis in St. Karins, knows the place well.
Like one of Friday's victims, a member of Jehovah's Witnesses church in Kyrö, he himself has been in the corner of society's journals and literature.
...See picture of location in the link below.
https://img.jehovahs-witness.com/image/d0ada2b43ccc1f26e3671a1d1133bc5d?s=480
Anythisng to Kill the JWs grin grin
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: August 7, 2017 Letter To All Congregation. by mikeolu1: 11:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
September 20, 2017 TO ALL CONGREGATIONS Re: Lead Sheet for “Sing Out Joyfully”

Dear Brothers:
We are pleased to inform you that sheet music is being prepared for each song in “Sing Out Joyfully” to Jehovah. This sheet music, entitled Lead Sheet for “Sing Out Joyfully,” is in the process of being made available in PDF format on jw.org in English and Spanish. It will be made available in additional languages in due course. The sheet music features simplified chords, easy-to-read staff notation for the melody, and lyrics displayed under the melody notes. Songs can be printed for personal use or for use at informal gatherings. This sheet music can also be used for guitar accompaniment during Christian meetings if it is not possible to play the recorded music.
The sheet music is being made available on jw.org as a download option for the PDF format of “Sing Out Joyfully.” Initially, the PDF file will include only the songs that are available in the sheet music format. As additional songs become available in this format, the PDF file will be updated and will eventually include all 151 songs from “Sing Out Joyfully.” We are certain you will enjoy using this additional provision for singing praises to our God, Jehovah.
We send our warm Christian love and best wishes.
Your brothers,
PS to coordinators of the bodies of elders:
At the next midweek meeting, please arrange for an announcement to be made to the congregation that a letter on the above-noted subject has been posted on the information board.

(1) (Reply)

Men Are Like God / What Is Atheophobia? / The Man With Two Faces – Angel And A Devil (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.