Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:33 PM

Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver (34197 Views)

Stop These 8 Habits, They Damage Your Kidneys! / Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver / How Cell Phones Damage Your Sperm Cells And Causes Infertility In Men (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Nairalandsss(m): 9:04am On Aug 08, 2017
The liver is one of the most vital organs of the body. It plays a crucial role in numerous physiological processes including digestion, metabolism and blood detoxification.Liver fitness is something that we often overlook when we have to compromise with our lifestyle and food habits.Since the liver plays a role In detoxifying your body, anything that reaches inside your body will have an effect on liver health. Generally liver damage will not be presented all of a sudden.

it will proceed gradually and the symptoms will be presented only in the later stages of the damage. Usually, it will become too late by the time you diagnose a liver disease.There are some ways to keep your liver healthy. Always follow a healthy and balanced diet and get regular exercise. Keep an eye on your body weight. Excess alcohol consumption can damage your liver cells leading to a condition called liver cirrhosis. Some medicines and toxins can also hurt your liver. Avoid cigarette smoking and try to get sound sleep daily. Bad habits can affect the ability of the liver to repair itself. Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, etc. are the common symptoms of liver damage.Here are some habits that can damage your liver.

Dangerous habits that can damage your liver are:

1.Alcoholism: Excess alcohol intake reduces the ability of the liver to remove toxins from the body. It will make the liver to focus mainly on converting alcohol to a less toxic form and will lead to inflammation and fatty liver disease.

2.Over Medication: Consumption of drugs in excess can gradually harm your liver and will lead to severe liver failure. High doses of acetaminophen, which is commonly available without prescription can cause liver damage when taken continuously for several days.

3.Smoking: The chemicals present in cigarette reach the liver and cause oxidative stress producing free radicals that damage liver cells. It will also cause fibrosis, a process in which the liver develops excess scar-like tissues.

4.Unhealthy Diet: Avoid fatty foods and include fruits and vegetables in your diet. They are a good source of beta-carotene, vitamin C, vitamin E, zinc and selenium, which keep your liver healthy. Processed foods contain additives and artificial sweeteners.

5.Sleeplessness: Our body usually goes into a repair and detoxification mode when we are sleeping. Lack of sleep can cause oxidative stress to the liver. So try to get sound sleep of minimum eight hours a day.

6.Obesity And Poor Nutrition: Your eating habits can affect your liver health directly. Eating too many wrong foods causes fats to build up in the liver. Accumulation of fats can lead to inflammation and liver damage.

7.Overdose Of Nutritional Supplements: Even nutritional supplements and certain herbs are harmful for the liver in excess amount. An overdose of vitamin A can lead to liver damage.

8.Not Taking Vaccination: Hepatitis is one of the major diseases that affects the liver. If you are not taking vaccination for Hepatitis, you are risking your liver health.

These are the dangerous habits that can damage your liver.

http://naijabroad.com/wp-admin/post-new.php

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by hajlat2(m): 9:40am On Aug 08, 2017
Noted.
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Lukmann1: 11:49am On Aug 08, 2017
Op what about smoking pot

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by NwaAmaikpe: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

Thank God masturbation is not there.

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by AmandaLuv(f): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
Healthy Living does it
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by luvlymabel: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
thanks for your advice
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by SeunFirstSon: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
G
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by speezyWears: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
something must kill a man,

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by damiplovR(f): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
luvlymabel:
thanks for your advice
N
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by SeunFirstSon: 11:50am On Aug 08, 2017
Thanks for the info
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 08, 2017
thanks for the info

You guys might want to read this too:

5 Things That Makes Alcohol The Most Dangerous Drug Of All
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by etas1001(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2017
� �. the poster above me your liver must be very very healthy o
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Mac2016(m): 11:51am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by ibkkk(f): 11:52am On Aug 08, 2017
Noted.
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by mhmsadyq(m): 11:53am On Aug 08, 2017
good one. I have to take watch.
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Etizz: 11:53am On Aug 08, 2017
nice info

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by heisenbergheise(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2017
Ok
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Opeyemibayonle(m): 11:54am On Aug 08, 2017
on point
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by dayleke: 11:55am On Aug 08, 2017
Nice suggestions..
Easier said than done...

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 08, 2017

alcoholics and smokers wont like this. ...

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by JJBROS(m): 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
THANK GOD S*X IS NOT INCLUDED.

NICE INFO
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by gooddyoung8: 11:58am On Aug 08, 2017
thank you for the information
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by waleadex(m): 11:59am On Aug 08, 2017
I met a man in my mother's village in 1999 who told me he started drinking alcohol and smoking at age 20. He died in 2015 at 105. Could it be that his liver was not same as for others....just wondering!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by ogawisdom(m): 12:00pm On Aug 08, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Thank God masturbation is not there.

ED awaits u

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by ogawisdom(m): 12:01pm On Aug 08, 2017
waleadex:
I met a man in my mother's village in 1999 who told me he started drinking alcohol and smoking at age 20. He died in 2015 at 105. Could it be that his liver was not same as for others....just wondering!

He is an exception to d rule

4 Likes

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by onajo2000(m): 12:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
The problem with we Nigerians is that we always over look things
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by Lilimax(f): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Beet root is a known Liver cleanser smiley

1 Like

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by kayo80(m): 12:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
waleadex:

I also wonder about this. I know some men in their 70s that have been drinking heavily since their 20s, and they are still drinking till now, and nothing is wrong with them. In fact, i still saw one of them drunk yesterday night...his wife had to take a bike to bring him home. This man is in his mid 60s, and still drinks heavily. And he looks healthy. I guess some people liver strong pass other people own. Or is there a diet that helps keep the liver healthy?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by OYAY(m): 12:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ok now,doctors only care, God cures!!!
Re: Dangerous Habits That Can Damage Your Liver by EjimaQuintana: 12:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
waleadex:
he could be drinking alchohol no doubt but did he really told you wad he was smoking?? He could be smoking FISH o....dnt trust pple

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apetamin Weight Gain Syrup 200ml / How To Get Rid Of Oily Skin On The Face / Employee Commits Suicide In Bayelsa After Losing Boss’ N150,000 To Gambling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.