Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,257 members, 7,780,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:23 PM

Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? (19977 Views)

Any 2k To 4k Hotel Or Guest House In Lagos? / . / MMM Blocks Withdrawal Of Funds For One Month! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Nobody: 10:09am On Aug 08, 2017
Please this is for serious minded people especially gentlemen and ladies of investment and business sections. A friend recently built a hotel in Awka, Anambra State and he's advising me to follow suit but I'm sceptical about hotel business so I'm considering two options.

One is to build some blocks of University hostel in a city with high concentration of undergraduates like Awka and Enugu since I already have acquired a reasonable number of lands in Awka, Asaba and recently Enugu.

The other option is since this is about having something at home, I can fix a reasonable deposit in a bank like first Bank or UBA which will be accruing interest every three months. I'm scared of going into business because of past experiences and besides that, I'm not good in business. All I have been doing is buying lands and keeping the rest of my money in bank, please I need some help.

7 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by swiz123(m): 10:26am On Aug 08, 2017
Hotels might guarantee greater income but the risks are there. But university hostels in a city like awka guarantees reasonable income with less risks.
The last time I checked,hostels near to the school pay 130k for one room self con.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by kometpuvo(m): 10:41am On Aug 08, 2017
My one cent. Build student hostel and put reliable people to help manage the property. Call 08038218553. I am a Civil Engineer.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by tolajay: 10:53am On Aug 08, 2017
University hostel.

4 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by adadike281(f): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
SirJeffry:
Please this is for serious minded people especially gentlemen and ladies of investment and business sections. A friend recently built a hotel in Awka, Anambra State and he's advising me to follow suit but I'm sceptical about hotel business so I'm considering two options.

One is to build some blocks of University hostel in a city with high concentration of undergraduates like Awka and Enugu since I already have acquired a reasonable number of lands in Awka, Asaba and recently Enugu.

The other option is since this is about having something at home, I can fix a reasonable deposit in a bank like first Bank or UBA which will be accruing interest every three months. I'm scared of going into business because of past experiences and besides that, I'm not good in business. All I have been doing is buying lands and keeping the rest of my money in bank, please I need some help.

Lalasticlala, Dominique, please help me place in the right section. Thank you.
why not build blocks of flats and rent them out. Hotels full ground berekete. unless u will make it a 6 or 7 star hotel
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Chiccly(f): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hostel
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by empressSkincare(f): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Go for Hostel blocks, It's easier to maintain and gives less headaches. Rent it out, collect your cash and your mind will be at peace. Hotels are more expensive to maintain though you'll get higher revenue but then your mind will always be there even if you put someone in charge they may end up shortchanging you. People are very wicked when handling businesses that's not theirs. Even if you're always available, they'll find all means of stealing from you not to talk of when you won't be available to monitor the hotel yourself, get ready for different stories.
Build hostel blocks or flats/self contain apartments depending on which is hot in the specified areas. Collect your money annually and sleep in peace. I wish you good luck, you'll need it.

GET RID OF STRETCH MARKS, CHECK MY SIGNATURE!

22 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hostel - ladies preferable

One room - self contain

Install genset that can power the facility.

Employ dedicated security guard.

Install functional borehole system

Leave the rest to Baba God

Leave the rest to University or monotechnic or polytechnic academic timetable

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by speezyWears: 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hotel
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by osemoses1234(m): 1:37pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hotel and put ashawa for each rooms

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by richidinho(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
hostel brother!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by NwaAmaikpe: 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
shocked

A short-time chalet is the best!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Shortyy(f): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hostel o. Before you'll finish building they must have all paid in advance.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Inception(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
adadike281:
why not build blocks of flats and rent them out. Hotels full ground berekete. unless u will make it a 6 or 7 star hotel

Make you dey pursue pipo upadan to pay ya rent?

Abeg University hostel jare

6 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2017
Strip Club

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Talk2Bella(f): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hotel
u make gain before loss
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by jmaxjohn(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hostel blocks
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by blackbeau1(f): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
University hostel .you'll never lack tenants.

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Richy4(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2017
cool
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by naijahut: 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
I remembered building a student hostel 3years ago. It's a nice investment compared to owning a hotel.
Now I have 17 students hostel

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by rozayx5(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
i did hostels

and handed over to lwayer

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Zeze06(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
Build student hostels,

you will have less trouble
You don't have to monitor your investment daily
They'll not take you to court before packing out
There will always be a student around in need of accommodation

If you need an exceptional architectural design in less than 48hrs at a very good price pls let me know.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by VickyRotex(f): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2017
I'd go for University Hostel Blocks anyday, anytime. Someone already mentioned my reasons up there.
But at the end of the day the choice is yours to make. Goodluck!

1 Like

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Badonasty(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
SirJeffry:

Hostel blocks

1 Like

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by veraponpo(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2017
SirJeffry:

You will consider the following:

1. Risk ( Business risks, Financial Risk, etc)

2. Returns ( This is profits on each of them)

3. Cashflow ( What is the level of cash inflow for doing either of the two businesses)

4. Business Management ability.

Etc.

Having known your weakness ( SWOT Analysis), as stated above in your question, it is obvious you cannot handle hotel business because it involves many things like managing the restaurant part of it, managing staff, managing customers, daily activities too like laundry, etc. It is true you can employ people to do this, but your presence will save you from being swindled, it is therefore , better for you to do Hostel Business.

Hostel Management is easier but with less cashflow and profit. Just get a caretaker/agent. Get your money at the beginning of the period and that continues every year.

It is less stressful but with little but stable cashflow.

Your presence is not needed at all.

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by noble71(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
OP I wish to give you details of what is happening in Awka as regards Hotels and Hostel.
Both are good investment in Awka with reasons,
If you must venture into Hotel business in Awka you must be ready for the following.

1. You have to build a hotel that will outshine the existing hotels like Western Melok, Trig point and others, for you to make profit from it, reasons being that new hotels come up in Awka almost every 3 months.
2. You must build a large swimming pool like that of Marble Arc or even bigger, students are the once that patronize hoteliers very well in Awka.
3. Good management.

But I will advice you to go for Student Hostel with reasons,
1. All you need to make it is good management, which a good care taker can do for you, Security and steady water, hostel generator.
2. Students hostel has less stress and complains to compaire with hotel business. Etc.

Welcome to Awka, I wish you the best.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Awoofawo(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
SirJeffry:

Oga why you dey put money for bank....abeg dash me some.... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

About your question na Hostle sure pass, if undergraduate population is huge around your location.....money go dey enter your bank account every year in year out........student deypay on time and if dem no wan pay; just go Student's Affair go report. Na kiakia dem go pay you.

3 Likes

Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by Marvyx(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
hostel is sure investment with less risks
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by eagleonearth(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2017
hostel blocks are money spitters
running a hotel is expensive from the staff crew to the facilities.
hostels are just there to be occupied by those who can afford that standard. Just tastefully build it and sit back for your cash to roll in.

a sweet neatly used itel tab for grabs.
model is it1702
19k only
call 08038786031 if you're in Lagos
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by helphelp: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hotel na everyday money
Re: Hotel Or University Hostel Blocks Which Is Wiser To Invest In? by gentlemayor(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2017
Hostel will give u rest of mind and steady income. As for hotel, you'll need constant monitoring so as not to be run down especially if you are not the one managing it even though it has a greater profit.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

US Boosts Dangote Refinery With $997m / Invest in Peninsula Homes with just 700k to get a plot. / N1.04tn Fine: MTN Apologises, Seeks Leniency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.