Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,987 members, 7,799,387 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:11 PM

How to Make Your Blog Popular - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Make Your Blog Popular (4775 Views)

9 Killers Way To Make Your Blog Popular / (before You Start Blogging) How To Make Your Blog Popular / Submit Your Blog Here To Connect With Other Bloggers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Make Your Blog Popular by ElizaVeta(f): 10:31am On Aug 08, 2017
Blogging is indeed fun & lucrative!. While blogging,you can learn new amazing things ,and you’d be happy you did.

On the other hand,you maybe worried your blog is not getting the attention it needs,and it’s really unbearable,as you have been working hard for it.

You may have thought of popularizing your blog and you’re confused on the way to follow and steps you should explore!

Popularizing a blog is every bloggers dream. Although it cannot be done overnight.

It’s not easy if you’re definitely new in the business but if you’re hard working and willing to learn,and adapt, I guarantee success!

1. Create Viral & Magnetic Contents :

I could remember a story of a US blogger who just started few months ago and after some time,he noticed a post of his was featured on Huffingtonpost & so did top blogs & websites.

He got lots & lots of traffic,to the extent bandwidth almond accumulated and server misbehaving.

He wasn’t actually ready for this,but voila! it happened.

Starting from that moment,his blog grew so much and received thousands of visitors ,increase in his blog’s subscribers with lots of earning!

This story wasn’t told to entertain you,but to inspire you and let you know stuffs do happen even unexpectedly.

Channel you strength knowledge & time and write a very interesting and magnetic content,rather a masterpiece!

Don’t be in a hurry to publish everyday only to come up with non-valuable piece.

Channeling your strenght to write good piece atleast twice a week is super good.

Start creating viral magnetic contents today. It helps to popularize your blog.

2. Blog Commenting :

Like I’ve always mentioned, blog commenting should not be done for SEO reasons as it does not work or add value.

Google only recognizes links from posts & pages.

However,blog commenting can be done for “Brand Awareness” theirby making your blog popular.

Always comment on blogs with related niches as you.

Leave a very reasonable comment,and you’ll see,some will be pushed to checkout you link (Hyperlinked with your name).

I once left a comment on a well known US blogger,and she had to checkout my blog & comment too,and thanked me for the comment I left on her blog.

3. Advertisements :

If you’re serious about popularizing your blog you should probably spend & invest on adverts.

Its a really great way to create exposure & readership.

You can get started with facebook ads & google ads etc ;those are top ad networks you can get started with.

While creating adverts,you can focus more on getting their email addresses ,so you can always reach them again when you want to.

4. Giveaways :

Who dosen’t love free things? I even became a visitor of a particular blog ,because free things are always given out.

Ranging from money to 1 year free hosting ,tools ,premium themes etc

I love free stuffs,don’t you? Don’t deny now!

A good way to gain readership & make your blog popular is to give free stuffs to the public.

It can be almost anything , an eBook, a premium WordPress theme, some popular tools.

Based on my experience,people love free things ,especially when they are premium and valuable.

I hope you’ve found this article useful,now you can popularize your blog following the steps I mentioned.

Cc : Mynd44, Lalasticlala

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by ElizaVeta(f): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2017
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Essentials1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by ElizaVeta(f): 3:07am On Sep 06, 2017
grin
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by SirLakes: 5:30am On Sep 06, 2017
Let me park my bus here, in case
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Nobody: 7:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Why is your blog not popular?

4 Likes

Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by emmyw(m): 7:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Same Story Everyday

1 Like

Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Prec1ous(m): 7:10am On Sep 06, 2017
But wait OP

If you now copy all you content to nairaland, then what will you now rank for?

You have a great niche, don't burn it.

1 Like

Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by biz9ja(m): 7:15am On Sep 06, 2017
Ok take it from www.anglomoz.com
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Sirambassador(m): 7:19am On Sep 06, 2017
amoduokoh:
Why is your blog not popular?

Lmao.. Bloggers and assumptions.

Someone is teaching others how to be popular when the teacher is not even........ I drop my pen cool
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by donbrowser(m): 7:22am On Sep 06, 2017
OP how popular is your own blog?

UK USA and Naija Adsense available
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by maxwell767(m): 7:23am On Sep 06, 2017
Nice one OP

Check my signature too..
grin grin
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Coldfeets: 7:32am On Sep 06, 2017
emmyw:
Same Story Everyday

Don't mind all these bloggers wanna be.

Can you imagine?!

Telling people to create viral contents as if to say there's a formula to predicting a viral content. angry
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by cr8v(f): 7:39am On Sep 06, 2017
I have seen several blogs go from nothing to something example lindaikejisblog.com and okpeke.com. Im so confident my own will be next in Jesus name

5 Likes

Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Nobody: 7:46am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by pauljumbo: 7:51am On Sep 06, 2017
Prec1ous:
But wait OP

If you now copy all you content to nairaland, then what will you now rank for?

You have a great niche, don't burn it.

if your content in nairaland appears on search engine its ok like your blog
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by pauljumbo: 7:56am On Sep 06, 2017
Sirambassador:

Lmao.. Bloggers and assumptions.

Someone is teaching others how to be popular when the teacher is not even........ I drop my pen cool

the professors that teach most of the richest entrepreneurs in Harvard university are not rich people

the focus should be on the MESSAGE, not the MESSENGER

for me write content people want to read and promote it every day this simple step works for me
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by DanWrites(m): 8:00am On Sep 06, 2017
At www.dnbstories.com, we value traffic quality more than numbers.
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Webman007: 9:40am On Sep 06, 2017
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Prec1ous(m): 10:21am On Sep 06, 2017
pauljumbo:

if your content in nairaland appears on search engine its ok like your blog

What do you mean? are you blogging for nairaland?

If it is that, why do you have domain and hosting?

Are you yet to understand what unique content means?
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2017
Essentials1:

cc: lalasticlala
op what are you saying? that blog commenting adds no value? its like you havent heard of dofollow blog commenting
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Nobody: 11:08am On Sep 06, 2017
Not as easy as it is written.
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Boooooooooni: 11:14am On Sep 06, 2017
Check ma signature for motivational articles
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by pauljumbo: 11:49am On Sep 06, 2017
Prec1ous:

What do you mean? are you blogging for nairaland?

If it is that, why do you have domain and hosting?

Are you yet to understand what unique content means?

You post on your blog first then share on nairaland
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by Prec1ous(m): 11:56am On Sep 06, 2017
pauljumbo:

You post on your blog first then share on nairaland

I guess you are an entertainment blogger or inexperienced or you blog for fun.

When you suffer to get promising keywords to rank your site, you write you blog post then copy it to nairaland.

You know what google will do?

It will trash your post as duplicate content and rank the one on nairaland because they have an higher DOMAIN AUTHORITY.

by then it's not yours anymore!
Re: How to Make Your Blog Popular by pauljumbo: 12:24pm On Sep 06, 2017
Prec1ous:

I guess you are an entertainment blogger or inexperienced or you blog for fun.

When you suffer to get promising keywords to rank your site, you write you blog post then copy it to nairaland.

You know what google will do?

It will trash your post as duplicate content and rank the one on nairaland because they have an higher DOMAIN AUTHORITY.

by then it's not yours anymore!

You are getting it wrong

It's better to have link back from authority site and also with authority site you get more traffic than your blog.

This is how it work post content on your blog first then share on authority sites with link to your blog.

As more people read the content on authority site some follow the link to your blog and search engine will also follow link to your blog.

After some time your blog start ranking with the keyword like the authority site.

Posting content on your blog that has low da alone is waste of traffic

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hostgator Sold To Endurance International Group For $225M / thread closed / How To Conduct Basic Keyword Research For Your Website And Blog - 4 Steps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.