Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:26 AM

Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) (311 Views)

Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
This is my 16th thread on the book of Revelation. And I'll be working on this live.
I badly don't want to put the word Catholic but obviously there's a reason why he's directing a letter to believers who are in Catholic. So let's shoot.

Revelation 3:7-13

7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
7 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth;

And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write;

This is another level of God's presence in a believer. For detailed explanation on why the letter is being directed to the angel, refer to, the Letter to the church of Ephesus on my profile page.

These things saith he that is holy, he that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth

This is another letter from the King of kings and the Lord of lords to His faithfuls in the Catholic Church.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:27pm On Aug 08, 2017
8 I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it:

He knows you. He knows your love for Him. He knows your service to Him. And He said, His blessings, His love and His faithfulness towards you no man can take it away.

for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name
Sir and Ma, despite you not being fed with the riches of his words, the little you've heard, you have hold on to it. You have been proud of His name. You have endure for His name sake.
9 Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews,

Christ said, He knows those who says they are His called but they're not. He said that He will make those clothe with deception.

but do lie

He said that He will make those who deceive His sheep.

behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee

This signified Christ eternal promise Sir and Ma. This signified His judgement upon them. He said, he will unclothed them in your Presence. He will avenge every of their lies, their deception towards you.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Because thou hast kept the word of my patience,

He said, you have hold on to Him despite oppositions, despite challenges. You have been faithful.

I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world,
Sir and Ma, He promised to shield you during the day of Judgement. He promised to remember you when He comes again.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
11 Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown.

Sir and Ma, hold on to Him. Hold on to His commandments. Hold on to His instructions. Because He's coming at a time no man knows.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:29pm On Aug 08, 2017
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God

Sir and Ma, only if you can endure to the end, Christ is promising you an everlasting convenant.

and he shall go no more out

And everlasting convenant that has no ending.

and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem,

You will be overshadow by His presence and Power.

which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name

You will be made a Priest to the living God. Hmmm.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 12:31pm On Aug 08, 2017
13 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Christ pleading with you to hearken to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by Nobody: 2:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
So you had to book as many spaces as possible bah? undecided
Re: Letter To The Church Of Philadelphia(catholic) by luvmijeje(f): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thread updated.

(1) (Reply)

The God That Answer Prayer With Fire / Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is The Lord Of All! / The Red Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.