Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,954 members, 7,799,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence (22981 Views)

5 Jobs That Won't Exist In 10 Years / Five Jobs That Will Be Extinct By 2028 / 5 Jobs That Most Nigerian Girls Are Easily Involved In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Opinionated: 2:23pm On Aug 08, 2017
Artificial Intelligence is simply intelligence exhibited by computers. With the momentum that AI is gathering, some jobs will become redundant or very few hands will be required to do same jobs. In other cases, you may need to improve your skills. Whatever the case may, Jumia Travel identifies 5 jobs that may be replaced by robots or computers. To this in perspective, AI will take 6% of jobs in 2021.

Doctors

AI is currently being used to identify some medical problems and recommend drugs for treatment. IT also helps you to keep track of your health for easy diagnosis in future. The advantage of AI is that there will be nothing like medical mistakes unlike when humans handle it.

Taxi drivers

Google, Uber and other tech companies are desperately working to ensure that cars will be able to drive itself. If they eventually achieve this, drivers will not need to drive cars anymore. The right sensors and communication will drive you wherever your location.

Journalism

The jobs of reporters, editors and content writers may not be under threat. But the number of hands needed to report or write a story will significantly drop. An AI called wordsmith can read through data or a disjointed story, pick out the interesting part, and write a story. It has been used by Associated Press and Yahoo.

Customer service/Receptionist

Sorry, but customer service is one of the services that may not involve humans. Computers will be able to communicate with customers and provide relevant information to these same customers without any hitches. There are quite a lot of AI programs or software dedicated to customer service.

Personal Assistant

Entrepreneurs and business executives don’t actually need PAs anymore. AI-based programs can perform the functions of a PA.

soure: http://www.opinions.ng/5-jobs-will-likely-made-redundant-artificial-intelligence/

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by izzou(m): 2:25pm On Aug 08, 2017
grin

5 jobs that cannot be made redundant by Artificial Intelligence

1) Area boys

2) Omoniile

3) Gala and Lacasera sellers

.....I would have completed it but my data is remaining 17kb angry

Bye

103 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by nextprince: 2:28pm On Aug 08, 2017
OP, abeg remove doctors and journalists from this list.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by AngelicDamsel(f): 2:50pm On Aug 08, 2017
Doctors!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Teewhy2: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Thank GOD said i be Architect. Lol
Medical Doctor will not be pushed aside because everyday comes with different health issues and will need people to consult and diagnose all these.
the computer can only give out what you put in.

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4

5 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by TheHistorian(m): 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
NAIRALAND MODERATORS.

Sooner or Later,You all arrogant moderators will be replaced with robots.

73 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 08, 2017
Programming

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Sezua(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
Nairaland Moderator nko?

2 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by kittykollinxx(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
before this starts functioning properly in Nigeria would take time. if your job falls among those mentioned dont panic

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Softhands(m): 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2017
ifa tear u slap ehn...
Keneking:
Programming

3 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by SinaMike: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why didn't you include Athletes? Abi u think Computer fit turn to Usain Bolt and Neyman Jr ni?

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by ollaxworld: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Today is my birthday... Make una bath me with likes

wink

44 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by ahhdah(f): 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Na so.. Countries wey don develop wella still get all these things..
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by WetinConsignMe: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
Na lie
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 08, 2017
grin grin grin grin

Photographers: With the advent of PAS Cameras, autofilters and powerful AI assisted image editors...e no go try before kasala burst for them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by frubben(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Prostitution still stand well. Notin can threaten dere job

6 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by speezyWears: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Thobiy(m): 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2017
It will still require human one way or the other
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by muller101(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
Ashawo too
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by muller101(m): 4:09pm On Aug 08, 2017
frubben:
Prostitution still stand well. Notin can threaten dere job
says who
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Nobody: 4:10pm On Aug 08, 2017
Add olosho because sex dolls are now everywhere

2 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by dtruth50: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2017
ollaxworld:
Today is my birthday... Make una bath me with likes

wink
likes 4 wetin?

9 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Wallade(m): 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
I doubt that doctors can be rendered irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by ayufun: 4:13pm On Aug 08, 2017
They are still many and it's going to affect all industries but the rate on unemployment is going to vary.
It's going to affect Banking as robots would be capable to respond to demands and process transactions without third party.

I wonder whether Teachers would be needed at all with current self e-learning trend.

Robots are already used in Agriculture for planting, checking soil nature and giving evaluation, harvesting etc.. and more is to come.

More about Robots

AI will definitely bring more threat to the Manufacturing industry

Artificial intelligence would be so much used in Military and war and I'm afraid if robots would be the beasts that was talked about in scriptures

Artificial intelligence is just an innovative to replace humans on earth. This concept alone is enough to believe that the end time would come.

There was a project to immortalize humans by mapping human intelligence into robots so that great people don't just die but having robots who could think logically like the genius.

https://www.techpally.com/latest-innovation-software/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by ollaxworld: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
dtruth50:
likes 4 wetin?

For my birthday nau, abi that one too cheap ni?

okay, DHL a cake to my address then grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by noble71(m): 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
tongue
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by HMZi: 4:14pm On Aug 08, 2017
TheHistorian:
NAIRALAND MODERATORS.

Sooner or Later,You all arrogant moderators will be replaced with robots.
So you mean Mynd44 will not have a Job man,thats cold***lol..

2 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by HAH: 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
Why are people surprised that doctors are there.?

Even without AI most of the leg work is done by other health sector personnels in the hospital for eg

Lab scientist will conduct test, radiologist will take x rays, pharmacist will make and dispense drugs etc the doctor only joins the puzzle to get an answer, even now I believe an app can easily diagnose for you when all results are input into it,

The only doctors that cannot easily be replaced by AI may be surgeons but even that can by robots

4 Likes

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Sleyanya1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 08, 2017
OK oo
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by Generalyemi(m): 4:16pm On Aug 08, 2017
Teewhy2:
Thank GOD said i be Architect. Lol
Medical Doctor will not be pushed aside because everyday comes with different health issues and will need people to consult and diagnose all this.
the computer can only give out what you put in.

AUTOCAD and ARCGIS will Bleep u up

1 Like

Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by 2horsePOWER(m): 4:17pm On Aug 08, 2017
ahhdah:
Na so.. Countries wey don develop wella still get all these things..
wink
Re: 5 Jobs That Will Likely Be Made Redundant By Artificial Intelligence by SNIPER123: 4:18pm On Aug 08, 2017
cheesy
We are wacthing

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ever Been Sexually Harassed By Your Boss? How Did You Deal With It? / Is It OK To Switch From 130k Job In Yaba To 200k @Ajah. Thinking Of Buying Bike? / Oyo State Government Recruitment For Teaching Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.