Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,869 members, 7,802,800 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:56 PM

President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent (41272 Views)

774,000 Recruitment: Keyamo Threatens To Resign If Politicians Hijack Process / Coronavirus: Trump Calls Buhari, Promises To Send Ventilators To Nigeria / Police To Declare Dino Melaye Wanted If He Fails To Appear In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 7:09am On Aug 09, 2017
Buhari Vows To Resign If He Does Not Recover
*Police Tear-Gas, Disperse Anti-President Protesters *We Won’t Be Part Of Plot To Remove Him - Senate

Lagos, Abuja – President Muhammadu Buhari has given a timeline that he may resign by a specific time if he doesn’t recover from his undisclosed illness.

Buhari left Nigeria for London on May 7 to attend to his failing health and since then, his deputy, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has been acting in his stead.

Speaking with INDEPENDENT on Tuesday, a credible source in the presidency said though the president has made immense improvements in the last couple of weeks, he was reported to have told his close aides recently that if he doesn’t recover by a specific date, he will tender his resignation letter.

He, however, failed to disclose the specific date or month given by the president.

He added that contrary to the views by many, the president is not desperate to cling on to power but he is being advised by doctors to continue with the treatment while Acting President Yemi Osinbajo presides over the affairs of the nation.

He also confirmed that though some aides of the president tried to bypass the acting president in order to get to the president, the president directed them to relate with the acting president who is presently in charge of the affairs of the nation.

He attested to the fact that the decision of the president to direct all state matters to the acting president has greatly contributed to the remarkable progress the president has made in the last couple of weeks.

“The president is not desperate to cling on to power if his health cannot carry him. I can tell you authoritatively that he has given a timeline that if he doesn’t recover fully on a specific date, he will file in his resignation letter and if you know President Buhari very well, he meant what he said.

“That is why Nigerians who love the president and his efforts in restoring Nigeria’s lost glory should continue to pray for his quick recovery. It will be to our disservice if he dies as some people are wishing him”, he said.

Another reliable source told INDEPENDENT that when the president was transmitting the second letter of his medical vacation to the leadership of the National Assembly intimating it of his trip to London, he wanted to transmit a letter of resignation but a retired General from Taraba prevailed on him not to do so.

Femi Adesina had said “the length of the president’s stay in London will be determined by the doctors” after transmitting “letters about the trip to the Senate and the House of Representatives, in compliance with Section 145 (1) of the 1999 constitution”.

Also speaking with INDEPENDENT, Chief Ebenezer Babatope, former Minister of Transport and member of the Board of Trustees of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), said it doesn’t serve anybody’s interest if President Buhari resigns. According to him, instead of demanding for the president’s resignation, Nigerians should pray for him to return and do his job.

He said the PDP wants Buhari to recover quickly and seek re-election in 2019, adding that the PDP will trounce the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) if it presents the president as its flagbearer in the 2019 elections.

“I don’t think we should compound Nigeria’s problem by asking for the president’s resignation. First of all, it is not of his own making that he is sick. All of us must have been sick at one time or the other. If we want to help Nigeria succeed, let us pray for him to recover and come back to do his job.

“We in the PDP are not bothered by his resignation at all. We are even praying that he should come back and re-contest in 2019 because we know that we are going to beat him. But it doesn’t serve anybody’s interest to ask him to resign. Those doing so are just wasting their time”, he said.

A pro-democracy group, ‘Concerned Nigerians’, in Abuja on Monday held a rally, where they demanded the immediate resumption or resignation of the president, lamenting that Buhari’s 92-day absence was unacceptable.

The group, which was led by Deji Adeyanju, said it was unfortunate that but for few cabals, the president’s true state of health is unknown to Nigerians who voted him into office, urging that he resigns honourably.

It also launched tirade at the National Assembly, accusing the parliament of complicity in the whole drama for not deeming it necessary to demand a medical inquiry into the true state of health of the president.

In his remarks, Balarabe Musa, a former governor of Kaduna State, said Nigerians should allow the National Assembly decide on the way forward.

“As far as I am concerned, this should be left to the National Assembly because we don’t know the truth. We believe the National Assembly should know the truth and tell Nigerians the truth and what they can do because the constitution has given them the power to act under the present circumstances.

“So, my advice is let us pressure the National Assembly to do what they are required to do in accordance with the constitution”, he said.

http://independent.ng/buhari-vows-to-resign-if-he-does-not-recover/

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Nwodosis(m): 7:11am On Aug 09, 2017
Believe this and you believe everything! Resignation is not even in Buhari's options, he would prefer to die as a head of state as the only option out of the office.

175 Likes 8 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by EmekaBlue(m): 7:12am On Aug 09, 2017
IMPEACH him asap before he decides to resign.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Zeze06(m): 7:13am On Aug 09, 2017
He prefers to die there...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Nobody: 7:13am On Aug 09, 2017
this means the governors that visited him in london were lying that his recovery was a miracle. Apc is built on lies

190 Likes 12 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Chikelue2000(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Holding d country at Ransome?, who d hell does he think he is?

Fastgyal morning dear

13 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by MrOfficer(m): 7:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Eyah. Let's look beyond all this madness and empathize with Mr president. He is also human like every one of us. Get well soon Mr president.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 7:15am On Aug 09, 2017
Lalasticlala, Mynd44 una good morning o.
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 7:16am On Aug 09, 2017
Zeze06:
Fake news.
oga The Herald is not a fake site
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by paBuhari(m): 7:20am On Aug 09, 2017
The "soon" buhari is talking about is 2019 grin the terrorist will rather die in power than resign. I thought the likes of Saraki, Rochas okorausa said buhari is cracking jokes in London? grin Let the lies continue. cheesy
Zoo citizens don buy market. grin grin grin

58 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by seunlayi(m): 7:23am On Aug 09, 2017
This man is 100%failure to our democracy

24 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Boland(m): 7:31am On Aug 09, 2017
Well, it will give PYO the needed authority to reshape things.

My only worry is the pest; Bukola Saraki. With that kind of man in the system, it'll be difficult to progress.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Zeze06(m): 7:32am On Aug 09, 2017
No not that,
I mean Buhari will never resign, not that he doesn't want to, but "they" will not let him

TEYA:

oga The Herald is not a fake site

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 7:36am On Aug 09, 2017
Zeze06:
No not that,
I mean Buhari will never resign, not that he doesn't want to, but "they" will not let him

It's not good what the people around him are doing. Sometimes I just get tired of the way things go in this country.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 7:38am On Aug 09, 2017
Boland:

My only worry is the pest; Bukola Saraki. With that kind of man in the system, it'll be difficult to progress.
That man is a scar on this country, but surprisingly, he has so many youths hailing him as a hero.

14 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by GMBuhari: 7:39am On Aug 09, 2017
If they like let them believe

i strongly believe Buhari is preparing to come home and his retirement if necessary will be done in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Kitiii(m): 7:43am On Aug 09, 2017
Looking 4 sympathizers, too late

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by adadike281(f): 7:53am On Aug 09, 2017
I stand with Charley boy on this

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Boland(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2017
TEYA:

That man is a scar on this country, but surprisingly, he has so many youths hailing him as a hero.
My brother, corruption is not alienated. It was birth and bred in Nigeria.
Some people just love it that way, they'd praise and adore it.

Darkness which also akins to ignorance has covered the heart of men in this country. That's why bribery and all sort of criminal activities flow very well.

Saraki is very hungry for power and he won't stop.
Unfortunately, those are the people we have in strategic positions to change things.
Here is the scary part; That man can actually achieve his cause, since Nigerians won't stand up.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by ezana1(m): 7:57am On Aug 09, 2017
Ok
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by eunisam: 8:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Buhari a power hungry Northerner to resigned under what condition, sickness? over his death body! just Chill , Arewa youths will soon issue a threat statement to Charley boy just as usual. a Northerner rather die in power than resigned. Abacha and Yaradua are case study just study it.

8 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Zither(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2017
MrOfficer:
Eyah. Let's look beyond all this madness and empathize with Mr president. He is also human like every one of us. Get well soon Mr president.

True, he is first a human being then a president. Despite his egregious and abysmal mistakes in formulating biased policies to the detriment of the nation I wish him well but I don't want him to return as a president. He should pass the baton to VP Osinbajo. Period.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by TEYA: 8:45am On Aug 09, 2017
adadike281:
I stand with Charley boy on this
I always stand with Charley boy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by surgical: 8:53am On Aug 09, 2017
Boland:

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by nabiz(m): 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
TEYA:
Buhari Promises To Resign If He Doesn’t Recover Soon

President Muhammad Buhari may resign if he does not recover from his ailment soon, sources have reported.
According to Independent, a Presidency source has disclosed that President Muhammad Buhari will pass the baton to his deputy, Yemi Osinbajo, if he does not recover from his ailment soon.
The President has been in the United Kingdom for the better part of the year treating an undisclosed ailment, much to the chagrin of a large part of the population, including a good number of his supporters.
Independent reports the source to have said, “The president is not desperate to cling on to power if his health cannot carry him. I can tell you authoritatively that he has given a timeline that if he doesn’t recover fully on a specific date, he will file in his resignation letter and if you know President Buhari very well, he meant what he said.
“That is why Nigerians who love the president and his efforts in restoring Nigeria’s lost glory should continue to pray for his quick recovery. It will be to our disservice if he dies as some people are wishing him”, he said.
Independent also reported another source as stating that before the President embarked on his May trip to the United Kingdom, he had wanted to dispatch a resignation letter to the National Assembly but a retired general from Taraba state prevailed on him not to do so.
Chief Ebenezer Babatope, former Minister of Transport and chieftain of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), said there was no need for the President to resign as the leading opposition party will prefer if APC brings him to re-contest election in 2019, so as to guarantee their victory at the polls.
“I don’t think we should compound Nigeria’s problem by asking for the president’s resignation. First of all, it is not of his own making that he is sick. All of us must have been sick at one time or the other. If we want to help Nigeria succeed, let us pray for him to recover and come back to do his job.
“We in the PDP are not bothered by his resignation at all. We are even praying that he should come back and re-contest in 2019 because we know that we are going to beat him. But it doesn’t serve anybody’s interest to ask him to resign. Those doing so are just wasting their time”, he said to Independent.

SOURCE: http://www.herald.ng/buhari-promises-to-resign/
so when is very soon
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 09, 2017
the skeleton goro chewing greedy selfish dirty old fulani man resigning? i don't see that happening soon.... this story is a fairy tale at its peak

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by surgical: 9:02am On Aug 09, 2017
Boland:

Why dont you organise a coup to sack all democratic structures and install your pyo as a maximum ruler,so he can have all the powers to do the wonders you think he has, thats how you guys over rate them, if he wants to perform he can do it within the ambit of the powers he has now, so stop rxcuses and blame gain, let him go to work.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Boland(m): 9:14am On Aug 09, 2017
surgical:
Why dont you organise a coup to sack all democratic structures and install your pyo as a maximum ruler,so he can have all the powers to do the wonders you think he has, thats how you guys over rate them, if he wants to perform he can do it within the ambit of the powers he has now, so stop rxcuses and blame gain, let him go to work.
Okay.

We all heard how the Cabals restricted his influence. It's not too difficult to deduce that since Buhari is still the one on the Power seat, regardless of his condition, PYO won't have the necessary influence.

We know how Nigeria is, we shouldn't overlook that.

I'm not hyping anyone, I just believe PYO needs the necessary control to shape things.
I'm not saying he's all that.

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by BiafraBushBoy(m): 9:15am On Aug 09, 2017
lol.. Buhari again?

Wana be part of the IIHT Scholarship?

Register By Clicking Here
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by madridguy(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2017
Fake news.
Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by Evablizin(f): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2017
grin

Ok if it so it calls for celebration

Oya ooo Sarraki,omnka madrguy,nexprince is time,i needed to spell your names like this to avoid giving you all alot of mentions

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Promises To Resign If He Fails To Recover Soon - Independent by dosk: 9:27am On Aug 09, 2017
EmekaBlue:
IMPEACH him asap before he decides to resign.

People like you perish for lack of knowledge, for you to think that PMB is nigerias' problem. You should be grateful to GOD that he paved the way for Osinbajo to rule. I guess ur hatred has blinded you

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture Of The Day. President Buhari And VP Osinbajo. / "I Don't Talk To Monkeys" - Fayose To Sheriff / Sowore VS DSS: Falana, Deji Adeyanju Arrive The Court Premises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.