Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) (398 Views)

Chai!!! Pastor Odumeje Aka The Lion Himself Displays Another Talent (video) / Oyedepo, Oyakhilome To Minister At Church Of God Missions 50th Anniversary / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2017
This is my 17th thread on the book of Revelation. I'll be working on this live.

Revelation 3:14-22
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:

18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2017
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write;

This is another level of God's presence in a believer. For detailed explanation on why the letter is being directed to the angel, refer to, the Letter to the church of Ephesus on my profile page.

These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation

This is another letter from the King of kings and the Lord of lords.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:01am On Aug 09, 2017
15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.

The eternal Creator knows you. He knows you are for Him this very second and the next second you will deny Him. And you will ask for forgiveness and you will still go back to your vomit.

I would thou wert cold or hot.

He wish to know your stand. He hopes you either stand for Him or you stand with the world.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:02am On Aug 09, 2017
16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot,

Therefore, because He doesn't know your stand. Because He doesn't know what you want more, the world or Him

I will spue thee out of my mouth.

He will deny you.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:02am On Aug 09, 2017
17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and Unclad:

Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods,

He said, you believe so much in your wisdom. You will believe so much in your strength.

and have need of nothing;

And you think there's no need for God. There's no place for Him in your life.

and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and Unclad

Hmmm. Sir and Ma, unknowingly to you in the spiritual realm, you are dead. Your wisdom is foolishness. Your strength is useless and you're ready-made meat for the power of darkness.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:03am On Aug 09, 2017
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire,

Christ is pleading with you to set your mind on heaven and not on things of this world.

that thou mayest be rich;

So that thou mayest have eternal life and the riches therein.

and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed,

So that His Glory may overshadow you.

and that the shame of thy unclothedness do not appear

So that on the day of Judgement you will not be denied by Him.

and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

He is pleading with you to ask for the help of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:05am On Aug 09, 2017
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

A call for repentance borne out of His eternal love.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2017
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

A promise of His eternal presence only if you allow Him into your life. Only if you're ready to drop your pride, your wisdom, your strength and all what you have at His feet.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:06am On Aug 09, 2017
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Christ promise to you. His promise of His Kingdom that has no ending.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by luvmijeje(f): 8:07am On Aug 09, 2017
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Christ pleading with you to hearken to the Holy Spirit.
Re: Letter To The Church Of Laodiceans(the Pharisee Aka The Proud) by Ranchhoddas: 9:32am On Aug 09, 2017
In the university, a rather fanatical friend of mine had a theory about the Laodicean church.
If yours does not tally with his, then it will be safe to say that at least one of you is lying.

(1) (Reply)

Must Know For A Better Living Life :The 5 Indicators Of An Evil And Wicked Heart / Special Online Sunday Service With Pastor Chris / A New Christian Blog That Will Inspire You Greatly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.