Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,377 members, 7,800,756 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

" We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) (4999 Views)

2pac Or Michael Jackson: Who Would You Want Back Alive? / Dj Vetkuk Vs Mahoota Ft. Dr. Malinga – Via Orlando Remake (uhuru Mix) / Wack As Hell Hip Hop Album Covers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by THEAMAKA(f): 5:24pm On Feb 17, 2010
[size=17pt]*YAWN. . .*[/size]

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzw6GiqZyD0[/flash]
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:27pm On Feb 17, 2010
@BrownJay
at this juncture, really am scared, embarrased and confused embarassed

are u for real?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

Aiite . . . why did the famine in Ethopia get a 'We Are The World'??
Haven't there being many other bigger disasters??

@MyJay
can u pls respond to Eldee's post above
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Eldee
do you even know what a buzz is? let me help you: making a "we are the world" song creates an extra BUZZ worldwide about a cause/disaster so why didnt they decide to create such extra BUZZ for other disaster like the one i cited?
and what makes THIS disaster in need of that BUZZ?

the original song was made a classic due to the first of having so many top artist coming together for one cause. famine in Africa. . . . . . . . if they now want to use this classic for a natural disaster then, i guess, the opportunity was there long before to do such remake.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 5:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
Where's my sweetheart cool
Please come on board  smiley
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

if there are still people out there who dont know about the Haiti earthquake then they must be in lala land. everybody knows about it, everybody knows about how to donate and everybody knows the devastation that happened. . . . . . . . . . . . .  just like all the other disasters. the only difference is that ONE song that is making this disaster seems different than the others when its NOT.

Oh . . . wow!!!
So you think the Tsunami was not as publicised as the Haitian earthquakes??
I see your point now . . . grin grin grin

tosinaded@:

@BrownJay
at this juncture, really am scared, embarrased and confused embarassed

are u for real?
Nah . . . that was two hours ago, now I'm just hopeful for him. grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
eeerm MrJay i dey wait for ur response. . . . .
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by CHAIRMAN1(m): 5:34pm On Feb 17, 2010
CHAIRMAN1:

Where's my sweetheart cool
Please come on board  smiley

I mean the Amaka kiss
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

Oh . . . wow!!!
So you think the Tsunami was not as publicised as the Haitian earthquakes??
I see your point now . . . grin grin grin

please dont cite what i didnt say. . . . .

ALL DISASTER GETS DONATIONS and all are publicized around the world equally.

that ONE song made by a collective of top artist makes the difference. . . . . . . . .  especially when that song is such a CLASSIC.
get it now?!

@tosinaded
what other question are you on about?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:40pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@tosinaded
what other question are you on about?

Aiite . . . why did the famine in Ethopia get a 'We Are The World'??
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:50pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@Eldee
do you even know what a buzz is? let me help you: making a "we are the world" song creates an extra BUZZ worldwide about a cause/disaster so why didnt they decide to create such extra BUZZ for other disaster like the one i cited?
and what makes THIS disaster in need of that BUZZ?

Well, well, well . . . this 'buzz' wasn't created by the football match that had every major star in football in 2004??
It wasn't created by the cricket tournaments that sold out in Australia??
It wasn't publicized by the MTV Asia Aid or the broadcast on 200 UK stations??
Nah . . . the Presidents of the World, even Nigeria coming out on telecast to lead by example and donating millions of US dollars wan't part of the buzz??
Infact the buzz was so poor that about 100 countries and 150 American corporations donated money in millions.

Yeah, all that pale in comparism to one song. . .

MRbrownJAY:

the original song was made a classic due to the first of having so many top artist coming together for one cause. famine in Africa. . . . . . . . if they now want to use this classic for a natural disaster then, i guess, the opportunity was there long before to do such remake.

Get your facts right, there was Band Aid before that, and there have been many more joint efforts since then.
As usual, baseless assumptions = daft arguments.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:53pm On Feb 17, 2010
why did the famine in Ethopia get a 'We Are The World'??

that one: very simple!!!!

its not about why this particular disaster got a song, there has been MANY collective of artist who made songs before that about disasters etc. the difference with "we are the world" is that compare to the others:
1) most of the artist on that collective were famous top artist of all genre of that era (thus more "buzz"wink
2) it got numerous awards and was automatically made a classic compare to others.
3) the song was not made specifically for the famine in Ethiopia but was originally for AFRICA. they wanted to make a fundation to help the plight of the continent as a whole.
4) when MJ got on board the project, which at the time had only Quincy Jones and Lionel Ritchie everyone wanted to be part of the track. MJ was the biggest artist in the world at the time, everything he touched was gold. so this song was made a classic.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 5:54pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

please dont cite what i didnt say. . . . .

ALL DISASTER GETS DONATIONS and all are publicized around the world equally.

that ONE song made by a collective of top artist makes the difference. . . . . . . . .  especially when that song is such a CLASSIC.
get it now?!

Can you make one comment that's not daft in its entirety??
What's the difference between 'buzz' and 'publicity'??

Education is good, what high school did you graduate from?? grin grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by ofokaofoki: 5:55pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

Get your facts right, there was Band Aid before that, and there have been many more joint efforts since then.

[size=28pt]LMFAO[/size]
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 5:56pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

its not about why this particular disaster got a song, there has been MANY collective of artist who made songs before that about disasters etc. the difference with "we are the world" is that compare to the others:
1) most of the artist on that collective were famous top artist of all genre of that era (thus more "buzz"wink
2) it got numerous awards and was automatically made a classic compare to others.
3) the song was not made specifically for the famine in Ethiopia but was originally for AFRICA. they wanted to make a fundation to help the plight of the continent as a whole.
4) when MJ got on board the project, which at the time had only Quincy Jones and Lionel Ritchie everyone wanted to be part of the track. MJ was the biggest artist in the world at the time, everything he touched was gold. so this song was made a classic.

cant biliv my eyez
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

Well, well, well . . . this 'buzz' wasn't created by the football match that had every major star in football in 2004??
It wasn't created by the cricket tournaments that sold out in Australia??
It wasn't publicized by the MTV Asia Aid or the broadcast on 200 UK stations??
Nah . . . the Presidents of the World, even Nigeria coming out on telecast to lead by example and donating millions of US dollars wan't part of the buzz??
Infact the buzz was so poor that about 100 countries and 150 American corporations donated money in millions.

Yeah, all that pale in comparism to one song. . .

and every disaster got what you described up there, HAITI included.

please do not compare band aid with we are the world. not in a million yrs.
band aid was a bunch of UK and Irish artist coming together t o make a song, We are the world was a collective of the TOP ARTIST OF THE ERA.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Genuflect(m): 6:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
E be like say this MrBrown just dey daft on purpose. I'm tryna imagine someone actually spewing all these trash
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 6:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

Oh . . . so now you agree that there have been collective efforts before 'We Are The World'??
You're confused!!!

So what made the plight in East Africa special enough to get MJ and the best in the world at the time??
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 6:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
@eldee
of course there has been collective before, the diff is the magnitude of THAT classic one.
hey band aid sold 3+mill while we are the word sold 20+mill copies so if you cant see the difference in having the top artist backing one cause then i cant help you.

this was the beginning of the MTV era, we all know how people look up to artist as god. a football match will have 20k people at best watching, a "we are the world song" will have MILLIONS of people watching and probably donating. check the youtube vid and see how many times its been viewed.

so care to answer MY question:
what makes this disaster any different than the one in 2008, 2004 or 1991? you think they didnt need the extra "buzz"?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 6:11pm On Feb 17, 2010
the remake by Tyler Ward was just excellent! the first chic's voice is off the charts, if i found a girl that sang like that i'd marry her without blinking! grin
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 6:12pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

and every disaster got what you described up there, HAITI included.

BULL . . . show me the football match that has all the best footballers in the world, show me the cricket tourney, show me the rest of them and I'll stop arguing.

MRbrownJAY:

please do not compare band aid with we are the world. not in a million yrs.
band aid was a bunch of UK and Irish artist coming together t o make a song, We are the world was a collective of the TOP ARTIST OF THE ERA.
Hehehe . . .Kool & The Gand, U2, Phil Collins, Duran Duran, David Bowie were the chart toppers in the UK as at that time.
Another bland point.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 6:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@eldee
of course there has been collective before, the diff is the magnitude of THAT classic one.
hey band aid sold 3+mill while we are the word sold 20+mill copies so if you cant see the difference in having the top artist backing one cause then i cant help you.

this was the beginning of the MTV era, we all know how people look up to artist as god. a football match will have 20k people at best watching, a "we are the world song" will have MILLIONS of people watching and probably donating. check the youtube vid and see how many times its been viewed.

so care to answer MY question:
what makes this disaster any different than the one in 2008, 2004 or 1991? you think they didnt need the extra "buzz"?

Stop being an id[i]i[/i]ot and answer my question . . . why did MJ and the rest come together for famine in Africa, weren't there any other disasters before that??
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by ofokaofoki: 6:18pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

Stop being an id[i]i[/i]ot and answer my question . . . why did MJ and the rest come together for famine in Africa, weren't there any other disasters before that??
[size=18pt]
WHAT AN INSULT , LMFAO MR JAY BROWN NA WA O
[/size]
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 6:25pm On Feb 17, 2010
@eldee
i have already answered your question, look back up for that.

as for your "little" list of chart topper, if you want to compare these guys with the MJ, Tina Turner, Bob Dylan, Ray Charles, Diana Ross, Bruce Springsteen,Billy Joel, Kim Carnes, Cyndy Lauper, Lionel Ritchie, Al Jarreau, Stevie Wonder,James Ingram, Paul SImon, Kenny Rogers, Dionne Warwick, Huey Lewis and the list goes on THEN this discussion is pointless.

as i repeat this song is a classic and before they throw it in the mud then they should bring a noble cause to it. and if by noble cause you point out Haiti then i will stand by the fact that before that, there were many other noble causes to bring the top artists to sing along.

ps: remember that they sang about the same Africa famine, the difference is that one got all the people buying their record. THATS WHAT I CALL A CLASSIC and the right "buzz"!
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 6:32pm On Feb 17, 2010
@Mrbrownjay
You're being a retard now.

I asked a simple question, why East Africa and not any other disaster.
Why did all those artistes you named not choose a 'noble cause' before that??
'I think it's a bad message, they made it look like the famine in East Africa was worse than all the other disasters of that time.'

That's exactly how daft you sound.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
eldee:

@Mrbrownjay
You're being a retard now.

I asked a simple question, why East Africa and not any other disaster.
Why did all those artistes you named not choose a 'noble cause' before that??
'I think it's a bad message, they made it look like the famine in East Africa was worse than all the other disasters of that time.'

That's exactly how daft you sound.

woah!! clap for yourself for your little paragraph here, you made plenty of sense. . . . . . . . .LOL!!!!!!

was there any other natural disaster that claimed the lives of millions of humans that needed more attention in that era? the WATW song started as just another collective, its what it became that made it a classic.

you are missing the point:
- is WATW the remake of any classic?
- has WATW  been use prior to Haiti?
- hasnt there been other opportunity to use it prior to Haiti?
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by tosinaded(m): 7:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
was there any other natural disaster that claimed the lives of millions of humans that needed more attention in that era?

ask google
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 7:33pm On Feb 17, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

woah!! clap for yourself for your little paragraph here, you made plenty of sense. . . . . . . . .LOL!!!!!!

was there any other natural disaster that claimed the lives of millions of humans that needed more attention in that era? the WATW song started as just another collective, its what it became that made it a classic.

The internet is your friend . . . if you think famine in East Africa was the worst disaster of the early 80s then I have no hope for you.

you are missing the point:
- is WATW the remake of any classic?
- has WATW  been use prior to Haiti?
- hasnt there been other opportunity to use it prior to Haiti?

Is WATW a remake?? You keep switching, you said it before that the people, and not the song was the main issue. Are you just daft or are you doing this to be popular??
Has WATW been used prior to Haiti?? Yes, many times.
Haven't there being other opportunities?? There have, but there have been other songs and other groups of artistes.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by eldee(m): 7:35pm On Feb 17, 2010
@tosin
I don't know if it's just me, bt we all know without any doubt that Mr Jay Brown is just an attention seeker.
I'm done with him now . . . you can't force someone to apply logic.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by chiogo(f): 12:04am On Feb 18, 2010
LOLOLOLOLOL

Eldee. . . wink You should go into law if you're already not in it.

"I dunno what the fuss is. . ." tongue The song was good.
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Nobody: 12:21am On Feb 18, 2010
@tosin
will you shut up and let eldee talk? Serious discussion, serious response.
You sound like an underaged teen

Oh gawd, dnt tell me that ofaka is discussing too shocked
Re: " We Are The World"-- Michael Jackson **remake** (covers) by Ignatio(m): 1:25am On Feb 18, 2010
No wonder Jay z backed out.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Download Lana Del Rey — norman Fucking Rockwell Album Zip / Youngest Hipop Artist Lil Ameer First Video " I'm The Boss " - (Watch Preview) / Funny Shit - Who Stole The Meat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.