Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,896 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. (2477 Views)

Why Did The Lagos Government Deport Igbos That Time / Drama As Bauchi Women Kiss Ballot Paper, Shout ‘sai Baba’ Before Casting Vote / Benue State Belongs To The Fulani By Right Of Conquest - Prof. Labdo Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 12:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Please I want to ask simple questions from the igbos here that always shout Lagos is no man's land today, the next day, they say it belongs to Benin. Which one do you belong to? If it belongs to Benin people as you normally sing, can you answer these two questions below..
1. Do benin people jumped over two states of ondo and ogun to establish Lagos and allow two Yoruba states inbetween them?
2. Can any of you name one boundary that Lagos has with Benin or even the entire Edo as a whole.
If edo people are claiming ondo state, it would be understandable as they have boundary with each other.
Please I need intelligent answers to those questions from our Lagos is Benin land crooners here.

Lala, do the needful.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2017
I think the most important thing is you should get a job or some vocation to keep you busy.

15 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nyouth: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
is like you are a small baby states are not natural creation states in Nigeria is a political creation as a form of government. it's possible that the binis first get to the place they called Lagos today and have there settlement there. moreover it's the present oba of Lagos that that told everyone the history of Eko known as Lagos today. according to the oba he said it was the Binin that name the place Eko

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nyouth: 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
is like you are a small baby ..states are not natural creation. states in Nigeria is a political creation as a form of government. it's possible that the binis first get to the place they called Lagos today and have there settlement there. moreover it's the present oba of Lagos that that told everyone the history of Eko known as Lagos today. according to the oba he said it was the Binin that name the place Eko

7 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Elose11(m): 1:09pm On Aug 09, 2017
Does America share boundaries with Spain? Yet it was a voyage, led by Christopher Columbus, sponsored by spain, that founded america.

11 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by oz4real83(m): 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2017
This post is out of joblessness or '' I must post on nairaland by all means'' syndrome. Let me educate u a little. Do u know how many countries that dont even share boundaries with Great Britain that the british monarch is queen over? Australia and New Zealand are examples. Do you know that some parts of the united states once belong to spain despite the fact that spain has no boundary with the united states? Don't delve into issues you have little or no knowledge about. Try and also get something doing. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.

6 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by unohbethel(m): 1:14pm On Aug 09, 2017
lol see as una come decimate d op on his thread... make una take am easy o..

@op biko kpele o.

5 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2017
Elose11:
Does America share boundaries with Spain? Yet it was a voyage, led by Christopher Columbus, sponsored by spain, that founded america.

Don't mind the dumb Afonja.

5 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
ShyCypher:
I think the most important thing is you should get a job or some vocation to keep you busy.
Sorry to disappoint you, I have my job. I am an engineer by profession. Besides, that is not the question I asked, if you have no brain to give answer to that, kindly attend to the customer that want to buy gala from you.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by MasterKim: 1:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Most easterners are half literate. They read from the middle or from the back. if not they'll read the part that the aworis are the original settler even till this day. Abi d aworis are binis again

6 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2017
Nyouth:
is like you are a small baby states are not natural creation states in Nigeria is a political creation as a form of government. it's possible that the binis first get to the place they called Lagos today and have there settlement there. moreover it's the present oba of Lagos that that told everyone the history of Eko known as Lagos today. according to the oba he said it was the Binin that name the place Eko
Then you need to read this to clear yourself of ignorance.
Early History
Before the Portuguese name of Lagos had been adopted, Lagos' initial name was Eko which referred mainly to the Island. The first to settle in Eko were the Aworis.[8] The Awori hunters and fishermen had originally come from Ile-Ife to the coast. [5] The name Eko comes either from the Yoruba "Oko" (cassava farm) or "Eko" (war camp). Over 650 years ago, the Oba of Bini sent warriors to Eko who were received in a welcoming manner by the residing Awori fishermen. The Bini Prince, Ado, who led the war party, was asked to become their leader. From that point on, Eko belong yoruba. [9]
Postcolonial Era
Lagos State was created on 27 May 1967 according to the State Creation and Transitional Provisions Decree No. 14 of 1967 , which restructured Nigeria into a Federation of 12 states. [10] Before the issuance of this Decree,
Lagos city , which was the country's capital had been administered directly by the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Lagos Affairs .[10] However, Ikeja , Agege,
Mushin , Ikorodu , Epe and Badagry were administered by the then Western Region Government. [10] Lagos, the city, along with these other towns were captured to create the state of Lagos, with the State becoming fully recognized as a semi-autonomous administrative division on 11 April 1968. [10] Lagos served the dual role of being the State and Federal Capital until 1976, when the capital of the State was moved to Ikeja .[10] After the full establishment of the Federal Capital Territory , the seat of the Federal Government was also formally relocated to Abuja on 12 December 1991. Nevertheless, Lagos still remains the financial centre of the country, and also grew to become the most populous city in the state and the country.
You are even saying it is 'possible, which simply means you don't know what you have been singing about but keep shouting about Lagos because your fellow ignorant people are shouting it.

3 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:28pm On Aug 09, 2017
Elose11:
So if Benin founded Lagos, why hasn't oba of Benin himself come out to claim Lagos himself. And why haven't you answer those two questions?

4 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:32pm On Aug 09, 2017
zurich1010:

Don't mind the dumb Afonja.
You are more dumb than sheep, even sheep brain is more greater than yours, none of you people has answered these two questions before and it is a big shame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:35pm On Aug 09, 2017
unohbethel:
lol see as una come decimate d op on his thread...
make una take am easy o..

@op biko kpele o.
I didn't need any sorry jor, before I opened the thread, I have bet with everything that none of those idiot can answer the question. Even their supreme lord and saviour can't. I challenge kanu on these particular topic as well as oba of Benin.
Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2017
MasterKim:
Most easterners are half literate. They read from the middle or from the back. if not they'll read the part that the aworis are the original settler even till this day. Abi d aworis are binis again
I wonder o.
Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Odingo1: 1:39pm On Aug 09, 2017
Michael004:
Then you need to read this to clear yourself of ignorance.
Early History
Before the Portuguese name of Lagos had been adopted, Lagos' initial name was Eko which referred mainly to the Island. The first to settle in Eko were the Aworis.[8] The Awori hunters and fishermen had originally come from Ile-Ife to the coast. [5] The name Eko comes either from the Yoruba "Oko" (cassava farm) or "Eko" (war camp). Over 650 years ago, the Oba of Bini sent warriors to Eko who were received in a welcoming manner by the residing Awori fishermen. The Bini Prince, Ado, who led the war party, was asked to become their leader. From that point on, Eko belong yoruba. [9]
Postcolonial Era
Lagos State was created on 27 May 1967 according to the State Creation and Transitional Provisions Decree No. 14 of 1967 , which restructured Nigeria into a Federation of 12 states. [10] Before the issuance of this Decree,
Lagos city , which was the country's capital had been administered directly by the Federal Government through the Federal Ministry of Lagos Affairs .[10] However, Ikeja , Agege,
Mushin , Ikorodu , Epe and Badagry were administered by the then Western Region Government. [10] Lagos, the city, along with these other towns were captured to create the state of Lagos, with the State becoming fully recognized as a semi-autonomous administrative division on 11 April 1968. [10] Lagos served the dual role of being the State and Federal Capital until 1976, when the capital of the State was moved to Ikeja .[10] After the full establishment of the Federal Capital Territory , the seat of the Federal Government was also formally relocated to Abuja on 12 December 1991. Nevertheless, Lagos still remains the financial centre of the country, and also grew to become the most populous city in the state and the country.
You are even saying it is 'possible, which simply means you don't know what you have been singing about but keep shouting about Lagos because your fellow ignorant people are shouting it.
Bini empire own and established Eko which is renamed lagos by the colonial master after capturing Eko from Binis. Oba of lagos said the same. Awori settle first and also Egun from Benin repulic and Ijaws on the island waters,the Binis came and conquered and rule over Eko till the coming of white colonial masters.

7 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 09, 2017
Michael004:
Please I want to ask simple questions from the igbos here that always shout Lagos is no man's land today, the next day, they say it belongs to Benin. Which one do you belong to? If it belongs to Benin people as you normally sing, can you answer these two questions below..
1. Do benin people jumped over two states of ondo and ogun to establish Lagos and allow two Yoruba states inbetween them?
2. Can any of you name one boundary that Lagos has with Benin or even the entire Edo as a whole.
If edo people are claiming ondo state, it would be understanding as they have boundary with each other.
Please I need intelligent answers to those questions from our Lagos is Benin land crooners here.

Lala, do the needful.
Have you taken your Igbo-phobia medication today?

4 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:51pm On Aug 09, 2017
Odingo1:

Bini empire own and established Eko which is renamed lagos by the colonial master after capturing Eko from Binis. Oba of lagos said the same. Awori settle first and also Egun from Benin repulic and Ijaws on the island waters,the Binis came and conquered and rule over Eko till the coming of white colonial masters.
Point of correction, binis did not conquered, open your eyes and brain when reading. The aworis told the son to be their leader. Not conquered. Maybe you need to bring where you read where there is any fight that made binis to conquered the aworis, then I will take you serious, but don't deviate from the questions.

3 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 1:52pm On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:

Have you taken your Igbo-phobia medication today?
Igbophobia ko, cannabiphobic ni. Is that the question being asked here, or why shifting goal post Mr Lagos is bini land?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 09, 2017
Michael004:
Igbophobia ko, cannabiphobic ni. Is that the question being asked here, or why shifting goal post Mr Lagos is bini land?
Your question is illegitimate

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Michael004: 2:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
zenmaster:

Your question is illegitimate
Because you have no brain to tackle it. I understand. Now, customer want to buy Gala. Let sensible igbo with brain come out and answer. I challenge you people.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Jesusloveyou: 2:20pm On Aug 09, 2017
MasterKim:
the binis first the aworis.
Pls read the Epistle according to oba akiolu.

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2017
Michael004:
Because you have no brain to tackle it. I understand. Now, customer want to buy Gala. Let sensible igbo with brain come out and answer. I challenge you people.
your challenge has no foundation in reality
Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by MasterKim: 2:54pm On Aug 09, 2017
Jesusloveyou:
the binis first the aworis.
Pls read the Epistle according to oba akiolu.
The binis left for the aworis or what.

Or probably the binis nationalise to become aworis

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Bari22: 3:11pm On Aug 09, 2017
Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Amberon11: 4:37pm On Aug 09, 2017
So is America claming to own Spain?
Elose11:

3 Likes

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Ballmer: 5:03pm On Aug 09, 2017
Elose11:

Does Spain claim ownership of America ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Kratos3364(m): 11:17pm On Aug 10, 2017
Nyouth:
your analogy is totally wrong, anyway, you made use of the word 'possibility'.
The bini's and the Yorubas are very related to each other, even the language we speak are a bit intertwined, for example we have osas which is a Benin name for GOD and osha which is also a Yoruba name for God; their kings are called OBA's, ours are also called OBA's. Just because they named Lagos Eko doesn't translate to owning it. The Yorubas allowed the name to prevail by accepting it, truth is, bini's don't say they own Lagos, only jobless, childish and uninformed Igbos who are bent on dividing people where there is no divide.

Lastly, if Benin people claim Yorubas are borne out of their tribe how come they don't occupy as much land(sqm)as the Yorubas ?

All I know is that one came out of the other and if that be the case benins and the Yorubas are like brothers and sisters irrespective of who came out of the other.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Kratos3364(m): 11:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
Very funny examples, why don't you ad Nigeria to your examples too.
oz4real83:
This post is out of joblessness or '' I must post on nairaland by all means'' syndrome. Let me educate u a little. Do u know how many countries that dont even share boundaries with Great Britain that the british monarch is queen over? Australia and New Zealand are examples. Do you know that some parts of the united states once belong to spain despite the fact that spain has no boundary with the united states? Don't delve into issues you have little or no knowledge about. Try and also get something doing. An idle mind is the devil's workshop.

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Kratos3364(m): 11:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hi bro, you need not educate these kids on this forum, people choose to believe what they want to, you can't change that. It's all 'talk' borne out of plain ignorance and hatred. I cringe whenever I see some comments here. Life on the Internet is far from reality. [quote author=Michael004 post=59302559]Then you need to read this to clear yourself of ignorance.
Early History
Before the Portuguese name of Lagos had

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by YorubaNigga(m): 12:17am On Aug 11, 2017
Wrong info!
Even a baby PIG knows that Ile-Ife owns Benin. So how could you bring Lagos to some people who are historically answerable to Ooni? OP please close this thread!

1 Like

Re: Question To The Igbos That Shout Lagos Belongs To Benin. by Markfemi2: 1:18am On Aug 11, 2017
Stop stressing yourself
Lagos onitsha and half of Ibo land has Benin influence
Just remind them onitsha is no mans land

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Nnamdi Kanu? / Ranches Won't Work, Fulani's Are The Least Capable Cattle Rearers In Africa. / It Was Unnecessary For Me To Attend Dinner Meeting With President Buhari–tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.