Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,461 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:51 PM

13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. (19242 Views)

Pet Dogs Dancing: Philippines Animal Advocate Shares Stunning Pictures / How To Raise A Pigeon. Do You Have Any Idea To Share? / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by logadims: 6:20am On Aug 10, 2017
For those parents sitting on the edge, here are several positive
reasons you might not have thought of to bring a pet home for your
kids:
Aside from building great memories, having a pet in the house
actually serves some pretty incredible purposes when it comes to
the emotional development and even physical health of kids.
Multiple studies point to the
positive impact that companion animals have on our kids, but don’t
despair if allergies, building policies or finances keep you from
being able to add to the family at the moment. There are plenty of
programs and volunteer opportunities out there that allow kids to
engage with animals one-on-one and reap many of the rewards
that having a companion in the home would provide. Either way,
kids and animals alike benefit from each other’s company, and
they enjoy some pretty valuable benefits along the way.

1. A study in the Journal of Pediatrics shows that kids who had a
dog during the first year of
their life had higher immune response, with 31% fewer respiratory tract infections than those without.

2. I think I can, I think I can!
Children with a companion animal in the home have higher self-esteem impulse control and social skills.

3. Living with and interacting with a family pet increases empathy and compassion.

4. Having a furry friend in the house can help instill a sense of responsibility in kids, so keep assigning those poop scooping chores. It’s for their own good.

5. They’ll never lack for a soft pillow. : )

6. Children with autism, other spectrum disorders or ADHD can
experience lowered blood pressure and better cognitive and
communication gains when able to participate in therapy dog programs.

7. Kids who find reading a challenge have higher success when reading to their pet. Researchers posit that this can be the result of lowered stress when in the presence of Mr.Whiskers.

8. They get this Feeling of being loved unconditionally?- I can tell
you that, that feeling is Priceless.

9. Kids with pets get outside more—to go for walks, run and play —and enjoy all the associated health benefits.

10. Nurturing a pet is an acceptable way for boys to "parent play"—to practice being caregivers.

11. Sharing the love and care of a family pet forges an additional
common bond among siblings.

12. Playing with dogs may help lower blood pressure.

13. Children who grow up in homes with pets have less risk of developing common allergies and asthma.

There are so many benefits that pets provide for kids! It's easy for
kids to get wrapped up in the idea of owning a new pet(Dog), but
it's up to their parents to make sure the experience is a positive
one and that the pets(Dog) receive the care they need for their
entire lives.
Kids tend to think of all the good, fun benefits of having a pet
(Dog). Parents who are experienced, or even first-time pet owners,
know there is a lot of patience, time and effort involved but that the
payoff of sharing your home and life is the unconditional love a
well-cared-for pet(Dog) gives. It's well worth it.

Cc lalasticlala fynestboi mynd44

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by GogetterMD(m): 6:59am On Aug 10, 2017
kingreign:
Yes, especially around Doberman and Rottweiler breeds and it's important the parents are always starving the dogs and the dogs are unleashed within the house when the children are around.

Damn it dude. Dogs around kids are like Nuclear missiles around Boko haram territories.
Breeds such as Boerboels are fantastic kid companions and guardians, and do well around children

8 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by logadims: 7:02am On Aug 10, 2017
GogetterMD:

Breeds such as Boerboels are fantastic kid companions and guardians, and do well around children
thank you!

1 Like

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by logadims: 7:54am On Aug 10, 2017
A lot(millions) of Nigerians hate and therefore neglects the importance of having a dog as a pet.

This piece will educate them on the importance of that creature(Man's best friend)

11 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by logadims: 6:47am On Aug 21, 2017
More pictures... don't forget to go like our page: www.fb.com/KennelClubOfRivers for more enlightening posts..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Rick9(m): 6:58am On Aug 21, 2017
Dis one get as e be oh

2 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by moneybag100: 6:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Empty
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by veekid(m): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Not good for Muslim homes

6 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by BTT(m): 6:59am On Aug 21, 2017
Ok.
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by symbianDON(m): 7:00am On Aug 21, 2017
hmmmmm....are you talking about bingo abi foreign breeds? ayam.not understanding at all at all o

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by SEOManiac: 7:00am On Aug 21, 2017
I'm so getting 2 dogs and a cat...

3 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by nairalandbuzz(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2017
I hope my bingo is also in the loop...

Very rare to have Nigerians having great love for cats like Japanese do... Even ordinary Dog that is the man's best friend is an endangered species in some Nigerian states like Ondo and Akwa Ibom just to mention a few...

7 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by MrRhymes101(m): 7:01am On Aug 21, 2017
Until your pikin begin bark your eyes go clear
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by SEOManiac: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2017
GogetterMD:

A GSD will treat your kid better than neighbours

2 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Greene66: 7:02am On Aug 21, 2017
I support this.

I have 4 dogs in the house.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by muller101(m): 7:02am On Aug 21, 2017
But lala will prefer snakes to dogs

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Flashh: 7:03am On Aug 21, 2017
This post can't impress a friend of mine. He detest dogs. grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Greene66: 7:04am On Aug 21, 2017
kingreign:
Yes, especially around Doberman and Rottweiler breeds and it's important the parents are always starving the dogs and the dogs are unleashed within the house when the children are around.

Damn it dude. Dogs around kids are like Nuclear missiles around Boko haram territories.

1. Not all dogs are starved by the parents.. Which responsible parent will starve a dog? undecided

2. A rottweiler is good around kids if trained to be. Train your dog and it will be what you want it to be. Same GSD that plays with babies have also been reported to kill a baby. So its about training and teaching the children not to poke or annoy the dog. Any breed will react if provoked.

6 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Omuneizzy6(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Is it psychologically approved by psychoanalyst?
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by weiren(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
I prefer cat to dog cat is my favourite pet

2 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by ybalogs(m): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
God bless Nigeria.
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by phantom02: 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
hausa dog nkor??

2 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by leofab(f): 7:06am On Aug 21, 2017
Cool
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Nobody: 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
Alakoba mani OP yi ke

2 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by ybalogs(m): 7:07am On Aug 21, 2017
Which is the best pet to have? Not comfortable with biting pets.

1 Like

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by tosinjay(m): 7:08am On Aug 21, 2017
Really do not send dogs but these benefits for kids ain't bad. Considering for my unborn wink

If anyone has payoneer funds for sale pls hit my whatsapp @signature, would buy @340/$
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by cassidy1996(m): 7:09am On Aug 21, 2017
i hate dogs
Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:10am On Aug 21, 2017
Let's talk about when the dog eventually eats them..

6 Likes

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by crunchyg: 7:11am On Aug 21, 2017
I like dogs so much, and I must get one when I get my house

1 Like

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2017
that useless animal.

i dont like dog atall.

1 Like

Re: 13 Reasons Why It Is Important To Raise Kids Around Dogs. by sonnie10: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2017
ybalogs:
Which is the best pet to have? Not comfortable with biting pets.

Some dogs don't bite

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Help, Both My Dogs Are Pregnant! / How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? / Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.