Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,011 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) (1970 Views)

Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2020 (Anglican Communion) / Daily Fountain Devotional Guide 2019 (Anglican Communion) / Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) by dgreatrock(m): 7:57am On Aug 10, 2017
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

DATE: Thursday August 10, 2017
TEXT: Revelation 11: 7 -14

TOPIC: THE EVER VICTORIOUS LORD

We are told that the two supernatural witnesses whom we encountered yesterday will be killed by the beast from the bottomless pit after they had accomplished their mission, and their body will be left unburied in the street for three-and-half days. There was great rejoicing and exchange of gifts to celebrate their death. However, after three-and-half days, they will be resurrected and raptured. And so it happened.

It is gratifying that the witnesses accomplished their assignment before death. We must be careful to use our God-given abilities to serve Him faithfully while we have time, because there is blessing in so doing (John 9: 4; 2 Chron. 31: 21). Verses 9-10 show that in the final days when God sends His witness to prophesy concerning future judgement, many will prefer to align with evil and will gloat over the death of God’s prophets. The resurrection and rapture of the prophets (vs. 11-12) stuns satan and the world. It is an experience similar to Christ’s. Christ lived a supernatural life, surrendered His life (in death) on completion of His assignment and He ascended into heaven. Because satan can never understand divine agenda, Christ will ever remain the Victor. The victory of Christ over satan and his cohorts is victory for the saints.

Prayer: May I never be caught unawares.
Re: The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) by dgreatrock(m): 8:59am On Aug 11, 2017
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

DATE: Friday August 11, 2017
TEXT: Rev. 11: 15-19

TOPIC: KINGDOM OF THE WORLD VERSUS THE KINGDOM OF CHRIST

The sounding of the trumpet by the 7th angel was followed by loud voices in heaven proclaiming that “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our Lord and of His Christ, and He shall reign forever and ever!” The kingdom of the world is controlled by Satan and is characterised by sin, darkness and disobedience to God (Eph. 2: 1-4). In contrast, the Kingdom of Christ is characterised by righteousness, peace, joy and everlasting life (v. 17; Rom. 14: 17; 1 Cor. 4: 20; Rev. 12: 10; 19: 6-cool.
If anyone repents of his sins, believes the gospel and gives his life to Christ, he transfers from the kingdom of the world and darkness to the Kingdom of Christ (Col. 1: 13-14; Eph. 2: 12-13). He also receives eternal rewards (v. 18; 2 Tim. 4: cool. But those who refuse to repent are judged and condemned (v. 18; 20: 11-15). Let us use our God-given opportunity to make the most important decision of our lives which will determine our eternal destiny. Let us submit to the Lordship of Jesus Christ in our lives, and with the heavenly throng, proclaim that supremacy of Christ over the devil!

Prayer: Oh God, help me to become and remain a member of the kingdom of Christ. Amen.
Re: The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) by dgreatrock(m): 5:52pm On Aug 12, 2017

DATE: Saturday August 12, 2017
TEXT: Revelation 12: 1-6

TOPIC: DIVINE PROTECTION

Today, the Apostle John describes his vision of a pregnant woman in labour pains. She gave birth to a Son who would rule all the nations (v. 5). Before the Child was born, evil forces were already prepared to destroy Him (v. 4), but the Child was protected by being miraculously snatched up to God (v. 5). This is similar to the events described in Matt. 2 concerning the birth of Jesus. King Herod had planned to kill Jesus when he learnt of His birth and mission, but God delivered Him miraculously (Matt. 2: 13-15).

In the same manner, God has continued to protect us His children from the plans of the enemy to destroy us. God has prepared a place to take care of us, and put His shield around us; He is our Shepherd (Ps. 23: 1), our Refuge, the Rock on which we stand. Even when we come face to face with strange events we cannot understand or handle, let us trust God to snatch us out of them all with His mighty power (v. 5).

Prayer: Oh mighty God, help me to trust You always as my Helper and Protector in Jesus name. Amen.
Re: The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) by dgreatrock(m): 9:35am On Aug 13, 2017
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN
DAILY DEVOTIONAL OF THE
CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)
DATE: SUNDAY, AUGUST 13, 2017
(Trinity 9)
TOPIC: STOP SIN BEFORE SIN STOPS YOU
READ: MATTHEW 18:1-14

Like the disciples in verse 1, many of us are often concerned about being “the greatest” in our own little world of influence, such as family, Church, community, workplace or nation. Some may even go beyond what James and John did in Mark 10: 35-40 to scheme their way to the top, whether by dubious means. But Jesus warns us against unhealthy ambitions, attitudes, habits and practices that could prevent one from entering heaven, not to talk of being the greatest in it (verses 3-4).

We must cut off such worldly patterns of thought and clothe ourselves with child-like humility if we must enter heaven. Other things to be cut off to enter heaven are listed figuratively in verses 8-9 as “hands”, “feet” and “eyes”. These represent things we see and do, and places we go. Other terms used are “little foxes that spoil the vineyard” (Song of Songs 2: 15), “a little leaven that leavens the whole lump” (Galatians 5: 9), “lust of the eye, lust of the flesh and pride of life” (I John 2: 15-17). Let us re-examine ourselves today and cut off those interests, pleasures and preoccupations that hinder our relationship with God.

PRAYER: Search me, O God, and know my heart; see if there is any offensive way in me.
Re: The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional Of The Church Of Nigeria (anglican Commun) by dgreatrock(m): 3:33am On Nov 04, 2017
THE DAILY FOUNTAIN DAILY DEVOTIONAL GUIDE OF THE CHURCH OF NIGERIA (ANGLICAN COMMUNION)

DATE: SATURDAY 4 NOVEMBER, 2017
TOPIC: CHRISTIAN GROWTH IN FAITH AND UNITY
TEXT: EPHESIANS 1:15-23

In the prayer for the Ephesian Church which we find in today’s reading, Paul commends them for their faith in the Lord and their love for Christians everywhere. In contrast, the modern-day Church is tragically divided along national, ethnic, cultural and denominational lines. As a result, Christians lose focus on the centrality and Person of the Lord Jesus Christ. This lack of unity not only stunts the Christian’s growth because he cannot fathom the depth of the love of Christ by which he was redeemed; it also makes the Body of Christ unable to take a united, principled, stand against the onslaught of doctrines and philosophies and other forms of attacks against the Church’s “ministry of reconciliation”.

Dear Christian, can it be said of you that since you gave your life to Christ, you have been growing in faith and love for all Christians (v. 15)? Do you live in obedience to the Gospel of Christ? All Christians must see themselves as members of the same family of God, irrespective of nationality or culture. Is this true of you and the Church to which you belong?

Prayer: Heavenly Father, grant that the Spirit of God will so enlighten me, that I will see Your grace working in other Christians in other parts of the world, in Jesus’ name.

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me And Interpret These Dreams / JUJU still Killing Christians / There Is No God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.