Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,067 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:31 AM

Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? (11858 Views)

Do People Fall In Love Faster Online? / Do People Fall In Love Via Phone Calls Only? / Appearance/Beauty, Character Or Money: Why Do People Fall In Love? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by sweetpie23: 7:42pm On Feb 13, 2010
like seriously I get really amaze when I see threads of such. how can you fall in love with someone you've never met? Sure, I can understand connecting with someone on the net and feeling close to them. However, if your strongest bonds to other people are exclusively on the net, well, that's just sad.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by mamagee3(f): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
Cause they are shy to meet the person in Person,
anyway I see all these online daters as losers
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by jenibayo(f): 7:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
Love can come from anywhere and u dont know wat will happen.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
Love comes in all forms with our busy lifestyles now and people more attached to their laptops, online dating is the future.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by mamagee3(f): 7:55pm On Feb 13, 2010
jenibayo:

Love can come from anywhere and u dont know wat will happen.

How can you love someone that you haven't seen
But read his/her texts through your computer and you tell me it's love
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by sweetpie23: 8:02pm On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

help me ask pls
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by jenibayo(f): 8:05pm On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Mama love is real and e dont matter anywhere u found love, if god give u ur love from online chat wat will u do?
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by mamagee3(f): 8:11pm On Feb 13, 2010
jenibayo:

Mama love is real and e dont matter anywhere u found love, if god give u your love from online chat wat will u do?

You sound funnier trying to involve God in this bizarre theory.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by jenibayo(f): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

You sound funnier trying to involve God in this bizarre theory.

Not dat but u try think it, if god send ur man from online wat will u do, i want to know.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by ThoniaSlim(f): 8:17pm On Feb 13, 2010
Hmmm. . .I use to be paranoid about the whole meeting someone online and all of that. . .till I was a witness to a couple who met online through a social network. . .they got married last year after meeting online in 2007. . .In the world we live today. . .nothing's impossible. . .the internet is just another way to meet people and interact. . .HONESTY is the key. . .and before anything goes further. . .its advisable for the people involved to meet up before taking it further.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by sweetpie23: 8:18pm On Feb 13, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Hmmm. . .I use to be paranoid about the whole meeting someone online and all of that. . .till I was a witness to a couple who met online through a social network. . .they got married last year after meeting online in 2007. .
interesting!
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by jenibayo(f): 8:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
ThoniaSlim:

Hmmm. . .I use to be paranoid about the whole meeting someone online and all of that. . .till I was a witness to a couple who met online through a social network. . .they got married last year after meeting online in 2007. . .In the world we live today. . .nothing's impossible. . .the internet is just another way to meet people and interact. . .HONESTY is the key. . .and before anything goes further. . .its advisable for the people involved to meet up before taking it further.

Thank u dear, mama dis is wat i was tryin to tell u, love can come anywhere.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Scooby1(m): 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
Na this one we dey call e-love! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by justwise(m): 9:57pm On Feb 13, 2010
sweetpie23:

like seriously I get really amaze when I see threads of such. how can you fall in love with someone you've never met? Sure, I can understand connecting with someone on the net and feeling close to them. However, if your strongest bonds to other people are exclusively on the net, well, that's just sad.

Up grade ur thinking abit, online is a starting point for some people, when u met somebody online u are not going to marry online, have the wedding online, have baby online!!!! You will meet that person physically and more on from there. That person u meet in church or club could be the same person u chatting with online. There is no specific place to meet somebody, it could be ANYWHERE.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by justwise(m): 9:59pm On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Cause they are shy to meet the person in Person,
anyway I see all these online daters as losers

Losers? You know what mama-gee? God might have blessed you with many things BUT brain is NOT one of them

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 13, 2010
I wouldn't call it foolish, the only major difference is physical interaction, and then the whole wonder of whether or not the person is who/what they say they are, it can be risky, but then again, so are some relationships where there is physical interaction
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by justwise(m): 10:07pm On Feb 13, 2010
ibkaye:

I wouldn't call it foolish, the only major difference is physical interaction, and then the whole wonder of whether or not the person is who/what they say they are, it can be risky, but then again, so are some relationships where there is physical interaction

Infact online makes it easier for you to catch up the cheats and liars, u don't need to wait for ages to know if that person is really. People will run a check on u online and find out who u really are.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Igwe9(m): 10:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
justwise:

Losers? You know what mama-gee? God might have blessed you with many thing BUT brain is NOT one of them

Awww! too harsh!
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Scooby1(m): 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2010
justwise:

Losers? You know what mama-gee? God might have blessed you with many things BUT brain is NOT one of them

Gbam grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2010
I wouldnt call them fools or loosers, but the idea is kinda strange, apart from physical attraction not involved there are many other things more. I dont really vote for e-love, but if my friends fancy it, bhoy aint gonna stand in her way
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by H2O2: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
And you that's found love offline, what have you got to show for it ?
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by justwise(m): 10:50pm On Feb 13, 2010
H2O2:

And you that's found love offline, what have you got to show for it ?

Good question
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by THEAMAKA(f): 11:27pm On Feb 13, 2010
@sweetiepie
i see you and others thank think like you take this NL crap way too serious.
when i see the threads, most of the times they are just for jokes or to catch fun on NL.
i never thought of it being anymore than that.
so that doesn't make them "fools" for trying to catch some fun online.
well at least that's how i see it.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by maedan(f): 11:38pm On Feb 13, 2010
Most of these e-love experiences are just a phase. They wear off, they pass because as always, real life happens. Enjoy it while it lasts though.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by H2O2: 11:40pm On Feb 13, 2010
maedan:

Most of these e-love experiences are just a phase. They wear off, they pass because as always, real life happens. Enjoy it while it lasts though.
How are you so absolutely sure of this?
Those who get married after meeting online, did that phase pass and wear off as well? Please expand your mind and stop thinking like an archaic ape.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by mamagee3(f): 11:47pm On Feb 13, 2010
justwise:

It depends on the type of pple and the level you are talking about, but reading from all your posts here, i don't need a prophet to tell me that you are refering to moronic level

pssf, Get lost. . .
Online daters are losers what will you do?
Dimwitt
. . .
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by maedan(f): 11:49pm On Feb 13, 2010
H2o or what ever you label your specimen self, please stop reacting like a retarded Buffon. I said MOST of the e-love relationships don't have substance. Not ALL. That was my general point but the way you jumped to reply, one would think you're praying to find your future wife online. On NL maybe? Uncouth clown.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by H2O2: 11:51pm On Feb 13, 2010
maedan:

H2o or what ever you label your specimen self, please stop reacting like a retarded Buffon. I said MOST of the e-love relationships don't have substance. Not ALL. That was my general point but the way you jumped to reply, one would think you're praying to find your future wife online. On NL maybe? Uncouth clown.
Are you foolish? I asked you a simple question. If you are too myopic to understand the question, let alone answer it then say so. Don't make a fool of your dimwitted self. Mumu.
stupid harlot. may your Arrow expand twice in size by tomorrow morning lol
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Sauron1: 11:52pm On Feb 13, 2010
ibkaye:

People shop online, bank online, apply for jobs online, write exams online so why won't they love online.
Internet is the future. Old school peops should move over jor. . . .
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by stalliontp(m): 11:53pm On Feb 13, 2010
@OP
I have fallen in love with someone online before and after we met, we dated and were still in love for years until we went our separate ways- We are still very good friends, It can happen-don't close your mind to it, although i totally understand your point of view- i used to feel that way until it happened to me.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by spikedcylinder: 11:54pm On Feb 13, 2010
It's even easier for some to lie offline sef. Depends on the person.
I won't say no to meeting people online, it's worked for me thus far.
Re: Why Do Some People Fall In Love Online? by Sauron1: 11:55pm On Feb 13, 2010
spikedcylinder:

It's even easier for some to lie offline sef. Depends on the person.
I won't say no to meeting people online, it's worked for me thus far.

PRICELESS!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

........ / How Do You Prove You Love Your Partner? / 100 Things Girls Love When Guys Do It.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.