Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,259 members, 7,807,890 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:55 PM

Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class (25392 Views)

Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class By Naija / Mercedes Benz E-class Wins Best Luxury Car On Earth / Mercedes E-class, GLC, V-class & GLE Coupe Unveiled All In One Day In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by autojosh: 12:50pm On Aug 10, 2017
Mobility has once again been refined with the introduction of vehicular control using voice commands. Mercedes-Benz has further enhanced the performance of the LINGUATRONIC voice control system for navigation use and entertainment. This is one of the many efforts aimed at perfecting mobility in the autonomous future.

The new E-class features a new Audio 200 entry-level radio that comes with a larger display, new infotainment software and the option of a widescreen cockpit. Major highlights include the new Mercedes-Benz SD map navigation, which turns the radio to a high-end navigation system, online access and car telephony with fast LTE technology, additional interior appointment options and ambient lighting with dynamic light scenarios.

The LINGUATRONIC Voice control is an evolutionary leap forward as it comes with a wide variety of control options and an additional eleven new languages. For example, when the vehicle is equipped accordingly, blower level, temperature and seat heating can be controlled conveniently by voice command, with no need for drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel or their eyes off the traffic. Other controlled functions include the rear window heater and various comfort and lighting functions. Another new feature enables the driver to call up a wide range of information – such as the date the next service is due, the current speed limit, the vehicle’s range or the current date.

LINGUATRONIC uses commands, which are incorporated in the software, and is thus not reliant on an internet connection. In order to cover the vast range of control options, up to 450 voice commands are available, depending on the language version and the vehicle’s equipment. The commands are designed to be as simple, intuitive and natural as possible to match likely instinctive commands of the driver such as: “Navigate to ABC” to reach a desired destination, “Take me home” for already home addresses, “Call XYZ” triggers a call to the desired number and “massage me” initiates the seat’s massage function.

Several hundred alternatives are stored in LINGUATRONIC for each command, resulting in a high likelihood that the user will hit on the right phrase at the first attempt. By way of additional support, a “teleprompter” presents possible commands on the display as soon as the driver presses the push-to-talk button. In regards to human response, a new function allows the user to interrupt the system’s voice output to halt the current dialogue and move on to the next dialogue step, for example. This makes voice control faster and more efficient.

Another new feature lends the voice control system from Mercedes-Benz an appealing human touch. The system avoids constantly reacting to a command with the same answer, instead varying its response between three or four synonymous sentences. This lends communications with the system a pleasant and almost human touch.

In addition to the standard-specification Audio 20 USB multimedia system and the high-end COMAND Online multimedia system, Mercedes-Benz will be offering a new variant of the Audio 20 system in the E with a larger 12.3-inch media display (basic variant 8.4-inch) and new infotainment software in the future.

The new E-class comes with a host of improved details such as audible feedback from the Touch Control buttons on the multifunction steering wheel for even more intuitive operation. Boot lid convenience closing feature with additional closing function by means of a gentle push on the lid, Enhanced ambient lighting with 64 colors and three color zones showcases the interior like a work of art. Ten color schemes emphasize the hi-tech setting and lend structure to the interior. A new dynamic mode features changing colors, including a colored “welcome effect” for the driver, for example. The dynamic ambient lighting also offers functional aspects. It confirms the wish for a higher temperature by briefly highlighting in red the area of the vehicle, currently being heated up. E.g. the two USB charging ports in the rear, two new open-pore wood finishes for the center console with matching trim, plus new nappa leather appointments in macchiato beige/yacht blue.

The E-class is available for immediate delivery at Weststar Associates, Authorized General Distributors of Mercedes-Benz in Nigeria and all authorized dealerships nationwide.

https://autojosh.com/new-e-class-2/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by 40kobo77: 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2017
Interesting feature.

The truth of the matter is that these things are not meant for people like you and i that have thick accents.

I tried using SIRI on Iphone one time,and i nearly cried trying to explain to the phone what i want.

Just imagine an Ibadan person giving this Car a voice command lol.

66 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Nobody: 12:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
the cockpit of this car is wow. By the way voice control is now standard feature in new cars these days

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Nobody: 12:58pm On Aug 10, 2017
I wish i could join them in saying "Benz or Nothing" but who am I to try that.

The massage me feature cool

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Benjom(m): 1:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
Tekinology... cheesy
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by DannyJ19(m): 11:40pm On Aug 10, 2017
cool
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by sticalmary: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2017
There is a similar car like this on the street of Lagos.
How do Nigerians afford expensive cars evennin this recession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqEDCB_cG1c
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by tobtap: 7:08am On Aug 11, 2017
cool
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by honayoplenty(m): 7:09am On Aug 11, 2017
Making money online in nigeria made easy.Earn $100 or more online per day just by typing captchas!
* requirements:
Has a laptop or PC or android phone as long as it has a stable internet.
* No specific age group nor age limit.
* pay out via western union
* currency : Russia (RUB) Russian rubble to US (USD)
- this Is captcha entry.
1 captcha = 5 rubbles, basically 1000 captcha is equivalent to 5,000 rubbles ($83+).
-numeric captcha only. When you finish entering a captcha , there is no need to wait for the next captcha to load . no suspension or banned accounts in case you make a mistake at entering. If you are a fast typer you can do 2-3 hours per day. You earn as much as you work. You have total choice to do this FULL TIME or PART TIME, its entirely up to you.
This is free ( no registration fee), just your dedication and perseverance. We DONT require ID's , just register and create your own account on the website and we are set.
- if you have referalls it helps you earn faster, you earn 50% of anything your referrals earn. ( e.g Referrals: 1000 RUB= you: 500RUB).
You can make multiple accounts too ( at least for me, that's how I earn faster).
Minimum withdrawal is 7000 RUB..

HOW TO REGISTER
1.Register at http://29a7.zexdengi.top/534979048692/
2.start typing captcha by going to personal area and click start watching advertising.
3. Enter captcha! P.s the page is in Russian, try to use chrome browser so you can directly translate into your language.
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by lordkush: 7:12am On Aug 11, 2017
honayoplenty:
Making money online in nigeria made easy.Earn $100 or more online per day just by typing captchas!
* requirements:
Has a laptop or PC or android phone as long as it has a stable internet.
* No specific age group nor age limit.
* pay out via western union
* currency : Russia (RUB) Russian rubble to US (USD)
- this Is captcha entry.
1 captcha = 5 rubbles, basically 1000 captcha is equivalent to 5,000 rubbles ($83+).
-numeric captcha only. When you finish entering a captcha , there is no need to wait for the next captcha to load . no suspension or banned accounts in case you make a mistake at entering. If you are a fast typer you can do 2-3 hours per day. You earn as much as you work. You have total choice to do this FULL TIME or PART TIME, its entirely up to you.
This is free ( no registration fee), just your dedication and perseverance. We DONT require ID's , just register and create your own account on the website and we are set.
- if you have referalls it helps you earn faster, you earn 50% of anything your referrals earn. ( e.g Referrals: 1000 RUB= you: 500RUB).
You can make multiple accounts too ( at least for me, that's how I earn faster).
Minimum withdrawal is 7000 RUB..

HOW TO REGISTER
1.Register at http://29a7.zexdengi.top/534979048692/
2.start typing captcha by going to personal area and click start watching advertising.
3. Enter captcha! P.s the page is in Russian, try to use chrome browser so you can directly translate into your language.
it's either ure a wolf or ure a sheep

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by omotuntun: 7:12am On Aug 11, 2017
40kobo77:
Interesting feature.

The truth of the matter is that these things are not meant for people like you and i that have thick accents.

I tried using SIRI on Iphone one time,and i nearly cried trying to explain to the phone what i want.

I

Thinking this ways is what makes you guys feel interior among white folks.

Ibadan accent is far better when you hear the non English speaking so called white countries speaks in English.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Jerryojozy(m): 7:13am On Aug 11, 2017
I won't be impressed until our pidgin English here captured too. Like " I wan enta my Cavan" waya wan gas o, carry me enta police station "

Genius J

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by chomchom1(f): 7:14am On Aug 11, 2017
GOD PLS PICK MY CALL cry

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by iamnicer: 7:18am On Aug 11, 2017
chomchom1:
GOD PLS PICK MY CALL cry

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

same here brother
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by ibkgab001: 7:19am On Aug 11, 2017
God is what everyone is calling when we have hand and brain to work

6 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by igbohausayoruba: 7:19am On Aug 11, 2017
Cool
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by helphelp: 7:20am On Aug 11, 2017
K
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Oluwasaeon(m): 7:20am On Aug 11, 2017
iamnicer:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

same here brother
chomchom1:
GOD PLS PICK MY CALL cry
Amen

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by tolexy123: 7:21am On Aug 11, 2017
lofty900:
the cockpit of this car is wow. By the way voice control is now standard feature in new cars these days
no b only cockpit, na chicken pit. Semantics dey worry u
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by IkpuMmadu: 7:22am On Aug 11, 2017
People keep shouting Toyota this and that....they haven't driven a Benz...the first time I laid my hand on Benz...I regretted ever driving a Japanese toy cars

The handling
The smoothness
The grip

It is either Benz or nothing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by hayordele1: 7:22am On Aug 11, 2017
Nice one from them.
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Nobody: 7:23am On Aug 11, 2017
grin

Price go b like $5 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

What's the point reading through the article when I can't afford just the wheels?

I'll come back to read this when I am rich

2 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by plantae(m): 7:23am On Aug 11, 2017
autojosh:
Mobility has once again been refined with the introduction of vehicular control using voice commands. Mercedes-Benz has further enhanced the performance of the LINGUATRONIC voice control system for navigation use and entertainment. This is one of the many efforts aimed at perfecting mobility in the autonomous future.

The new E-class features a new Audio 200 entry-level radio that comes with a larger display, new infotainment software and the option of a widescreen cockpit. Major highlights include the new Mercedes-Benz SD map navigation, which turns the radio to a high-end navigation system, online access and car telephony with fast LTE technology, additional interior appointment options and ambient lighting with dynamic light scenarios.

The LINGUATRONIC Voice control is an evolutionary leap forward as it comes with a wide variety of control options and an additional eleven new languages. For example, when the vehicle is equipped accordingly, blower level, temperature and seat heating can be controlled conveniently by voice command, with no need for drivers to take their hands off the steering wheel or their eyes off the traffic. Other controlled functions include the rear window heater and various comfort and lighting functions. Another new feature enables the driver to call up a wide range of information – such as the date the next service is due, the current speed limit, the vehicle’s range or the current date.

LINGUATRONIC uses commands, which are incorporated in the software, and is thus not reliant on an internet connection. In order to cover the vast range of control options, up to 450 voice commands are available, depending on the language version and the vehicle’s equipment. The commands are designed to be as simple, intuitive and natural as possible to match likely instinctive commands of the driver such as: “Navigate to ABC” to reach a desired destination, “Take me home” for already home addresses, “Call XYZ” triggers a call to the desired number and “massage me” initiates the seat’s massage function.

Several hundred alternatives are stored in LINGUATRONIC for each command, resulting in a high likelihood that the user will hit on the right phrase at the first attempt. By way of additional support, a “teleprompter” presents possible commands on the display as soon as the driver presses the push-to-talk button. In regards to human response, a new function allows the user to interrupt the system’s voice output to halt the current dialogue and move on to the next dialogue step, for example. This makes voice control faster and more efficient.

Another new feature lends the voice control system from Mercedes-Benz an appealing human touch. The system avoids constantly reacting to a command with the same answer, instead varying its response between three or four synonymous sentences. This lends communications with the system a pleasant and almost human touch.

In addition to the standard-specification Audio 20 USB multimedia system and the high-end COMAND Online multimedia system, Mercedes-Benz will be offering a new variant of the Audio 20 system in the E with a larger 12.3-inch media display (basic variant 8.4-inch) and new infotainment software in the future.

The new E-class comes with a host of improved details such as audible feedback from the Touch Control buttons on the multifunction steering wheel for even more intuitive operation. Boot lid convenience closing feature with additional closing function by means of a gentle push on the lid, Enhanced ambient lighting with 64 colors and three color zones showcases the interior like a work of art. Ten color schemes emphasize the hi-tech setting and lend structure to the interior. A new dynamic mode features changing colors, including a colored “welcome effect” for the driver, for example. The dynamic ambient lighting also offers functional aspects. It confirms the wish for a higher temperature by briefly highlighting in red the area of the vehicle, currently being heated up. E.g. the two USB charging ports in the rear, two new open-pore wood finishes for the center console with matching trim, plus new nappa leather appointments in macchiato beige/yacht blue.

The E-class is available for immediate delivery at Weststar Associates, Authorized General Distributors of Mercedes-Benz in Nigeria and all authorized dealerships nationwide.

https://autojosh.com/new-e-class-2/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Audi does it best. Audi had introduced virtual cockpit before your Mercedes could even think of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by nrexzy: 7:29am On Aug 11, 2017
Soft ride Benz and others

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by fredoooooo: 7:32am On Aug 11, 2017
It has always been Benz vs the rest .... #Machines

1 Like

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by yeyeboi(m): 7:34am On Aug 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Reference(m): 7:36am On Aug 11, 2017
grin GLO and Airtel una don hear. Moto go soon need LTE for journey. No be de one wey I go teĺl moto to carry me go Sapele, network go off for one hour meanwhile moto don dey waka go Benin republic.

5 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by jaxxy(m): 7:37am On Aug 11, 2017
So they finally decided to change the interior of d e class i ws wondering why it was taking them so damn long until 2017 models when the c class already got updated in 2014/15. This is more like it. Similar to d s class interior.
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by GMBuhari: 7:37am On Aug 11, 2017
Benz take am easy na
Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by Franzinni: 7:38am On Aug 11, 2017
If you want God to pick your call, then PICK HIS CALL FIRST!!!!!!!!!!

You want God to pick your call so you can go and pick olosho abi?

Mtcheeeeew!!!!

My people Seek first the Kingdom of God!!!! Everything na jara!!!

3 Likes

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by bigtalla(m): 7:38am On Aug 11, 2017
40kobo77:
Interesting feature.

SIRI can be customized to redognize any accent. I use SIRI regularly and it picks what I say most times. Nigerian-English accent is much better than a lot of other countries. Have you heard an Indian or Russian speak English? ... lol

Re: Mercedes-benz Takes Voice Control To Another Level With The New E-class by deanmartins(m): 7:41am On Aug 11, 2017
I love Mercedes any day anytime.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Car Features We Use Differently In Nigeria / Peugeot 406 V6, And 307 2.0L: What's Your Take? / Caterpillar Wedged on a Truck in Abuja with Stones!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.