Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,095 members, 7,807,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:49 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (377623 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chuksmonika(m): 7:38am On Feb 01, 2018
Oladeep:
F4 will be affected and F2B will not, except age of minor children will fall under 18years. Besides, a termination date will be set for d new bill to start taking effect and I think approved cases would be processed to the end before the termination date.
but in F2B,the beneficiary will have to wait for his/her parent to be US citizens first b4 they can petition for the person,as to what was formally the case,where they can petition as LPR,US immigration law no be here oo
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 7:46am On Feb 01, 2018
Oladeep:
F4 will be affected and F2B will not, except age of minor children will fall under 18years. Besides, a termination date will be set for d new bill to start taking effect and I think approved cases would be processed to the end before the termination date.

@ oladeep F2A may not be affected, but F2B will
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 7:51am On Feb 01, 2018
Chuksmonika:
but in F2B,the beneficiary will have to wait for his/her parent to be US citizens first b4 they can petition for the person,as to what was formally the case,where they can petition as LPR,US immigration law no be here oo

I think if the Bill passes, anything that has to do with adult children and siblings will be scrapped. They will concentrate on U.S.C couples and minor children. Right now am not even sure if they are including LPR couples and minor children. But they said they will clear the backlog. That over 4million have been waiting to migrate legally.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:40am On Feb 01, 2018
pretty16:

@ oladeep F2A may not be affected, but F2B will
I actually meant F2A.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:44am On Feb 01, 2018
Chuksmonika:
Like I said Truump na destiny destroyer, d new immigration reform will shatter so many people's American dream.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:48am On Feb 01, 2018
pretty16:

I think if the Bill passes, anything that has to do with adult children and siblings will be scrapped. They will concentrate on U.S.C couples and minor children. Right now am not even sure if they are including LPR couples and minor children. But they said they will clear the backlog. That over 4million have been waiting to migrate legally.
Yeah LPR couples and minor children are included...are u telling me LPR will have to wait for 5 years before they can petition?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:51am On Feb 01, 2018
Oladeep:
Yeah LPR couples and minor children are included...are u telling me LPR will have to wait for 5 years before they can petition?

I think that's their plan. Funny thing is some years ago, LPR married couples had to wait 5yrs before their spouses joined them. Think it was Obama's time it changed.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Feb 01, 2018
The only way to clear that backlog ( which increases by the day especially more so now because ppl are afraid),is to
1. Make more visas available ( which is only available through scrapping DV lottery)
2. Put money for more consulate staff which they don't want to do . Besides they are negotiating for money for border security.

The deal for DACA would mean visas leading to citizenship for abt 2million people already so I don't see that helping with current backlog.
Addressing backlog without adding more staff hands means they need to cut off existing petitions..i mean some ppl are on a 20yr wait. That's my opinion anyways. If they don't do that.then regardless of this bill the current pace of the bulletin will continue as is or get worse.
4million people and counting waiting for possible only less that 100,000 visas per year..its still going to be slow.
Anyways for those with just a year or so you'll at least be at the end of the curve
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2018
salsera:
The only way to clear that backlog ( which increases by the day especially more so now because ppl are afraid),is to
1. Make more visas available ( which is only available through scrapping DV lottery)
2. Put money for more consulate staff which they don't want to do . Besides they are negotiating for money for border security.

The deal for DACA would mean visas leading to citizenship for abt 2million people already so I don't see that helping with current backlog.
Addressing backlog without adding more staff hands means they need to cut off existing petitions..i mean some ppl are on a 20yr wait. That's my opinion anyways. If they don't do that.then regardless of this bill the current pace of the bulletin will continue as is or get worse.
4million people and counting waiting for possible only less that 100,000 visas per year..its still going to be slow.
Anyways for those with just a year or so you'll at least be at the end of the curve

Salsera when is your priority date? Have u received your welcome letter?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chuksmonika(m): 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2018
pretty16:

nawa ooo,i pray congress doesn't approve such wicked laws...do they now want people to start migrating illegally,its well

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 01, 2018
pretty16:

Salsera when is your priority date? Have u received your welcome letter?
I'm 2012 my dear..so I'm still here.
Sigh I'm wondering if this was worth it.

Wo. I'm just all for reform jare. A system that makes people wait 6,10 20 years for legal migration is just messed up. Then it'forces' to stay unmarried etc just to make it.
Other countries are done in less than 2years

When I read VJ with details of ppl on wait times I'm not surprised ppl come in illegally.
Honestly I get that migration is a privilege and not a right but I think these wait times are inhumane both for the consulate staff as workload and for those applying.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:20pm On Feb 01, 2018
salsera:

Wo. I'm just all for reform jare. A system that makes people wait 6,10 20 years for legal migration is just messed up. Then it'forces' to stay unmarried etc just to make it.

When I read VJ with details of ppl on wait times I'm not surprised ppl come in illegally.
Honestly I get that migration is a privilege and not a right but I think these wait times are inhumane both for the consulate staff as workload and for those applying.

I feel u dear. We hope for the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 6:23pm On Feb 01, 2018
Chuksmonika:
nawa ooo,i pray congress doesn't approve such wicked laws...do they now want people to start migrating illegally,its well

Dems have no choice here they must concede to something else by March when DACA officially ends 1.8million people under it will be deported. If the the Republicans concede to a citizenship route for DACA in favour of democrats then Dems must concede to cuts in legal migration and border security. Its that's simple. Something must give. They've played politics with immigration reform in the past but now they have a 'craze' Presido who does not send political niceties.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:26am On Feb 02, 2018
salsera:

The current wait time getting worse is suicidal. Just imagine the wait time for F4 changing from 14 to like 18years, damn! that's fvcking killing. Besides, if they result to terminating the existing petitions, that means they'll have to refund people's money with interest sef cos that money would have yielded profits if invested wisely during those wait times. I think the best thing to do is to increase the visa numbers and also hire more hands to clear the backlogs...

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:30am On Feb 02, 2018
salsera:

Dems have no choice here they must concede to something else by March when DACA officially ends 1.8million people under it will be deported. If the the Republicans concede to a citizenship route for DACA in favour of democrats then Dems must concede to cuts in legal migration and border security. Its that's simple. Something must give. They've played politics with immigration reform in the past but now they have a 'craze' Presido who does not send political niceties.
I think it's gonna be a win win situation.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:33am On Feb 02, 2018
salsera:

2012? F1 right? U are almost there. Current wait time for F1 is 6years, 10months, 17days. So u have less than a year for ur PD to be current. Besides, u should get ur welcome letter before d year runs out.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by JudeOkeke: 8:49am On Feb 02, 2018
Please i will like to ask this... any answer will be appreciated.

My cousin got married to his friend after he won the USA lottery like 4 years back, but they were both denied visa at the embassy.Then few years later, her( my cousin) parent's petition was approved to immigrate to the USA since her parents are citizens through naturalization and she should be going with her spouse. But along the line now she is divorced because they are not both happy, he has left her and both separated and divorce certificate issued. Now, she had to re-write the NVC that she has divorced and she began afresh with the whole application process. Fortunately or unfortunately, she has been invited for an interview based on immigration (green card) as single and unmarried, since her parents are citizens of the USA. she has submitted all documents and a date has been fixed for her interview. my question is will she be issued a visa, and what kind of questions will she be anticipating. Does she have better chances? All documents are intact. Thanks any valuable answer will be appreciated.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 02, 2018
JudeOkeke:

My cousin got married to his friend after he won the USA lottery like 4 years back, but they were both denied visa at the embassy.Then few years later, her( my cousin) parent's petition was approved to immigrate to the USA since her parents are citizens through naturalization and she should be going with her spouse. But along the line now she is divorced because they are not both happy, he has left her and both separated and divorce certificate issued. Now, she had to re-write the NVC that she has divorced and she began afresh with the whole application process. Fortunately or unfortunately, she has been invited for an interview based on immigration (green card) as single and unmarried, since her parents are citizens of the USA. she has submitted all documents and a date has been fixed for her interview. my question is will she be issued a visa, and what kind of questions will she be anticipating. Does she have better chances? All documents are intact. Thanks any valuable answer will be appreciated.

I don't understand what the anxiety is about.From your account nvc was informed about the divorce so what's the issue
Is there any illegality involved? Or something else you're not telling
Her interview is up so her documents must be accurate.
No one here can tell you chances

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
JudeOkeke:

Why was your cousin and her friend denied visa in d first place? are u sure they weren't denied visa based on sham marriage? Hope she didn't get a ban then? If she's free from all these, then she's got no problem in as much she has her divorce certificate and other docs intact.

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stacyadams: 9:24pm On Feb 02, 2018
Oladeep:
The current wait time getting worse is suicidal. Just imagine the wait time for F4 changing from 14 to like 18years, damn! that's fvcking killing. Besides, if they result to terminating the existing petitions, that means they'll have to refund people's money with interest sef cos that money would have yielded profits if invested wisely during those wait times. I think the best thing to do is to increase the visa numbers and also higher more hands to clear the backlogs...
grin grin bro make them no even reason refund oooo....ha no amount of refund go compensate the wasted years and time..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:14pm On Feb 02, 2018
stacyadams:
grin grin bro make them no even reason refund oooo....ha no amount of refund go compensate the wasted years and time..
I swear...my brother u no lie o!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 10:28pm On Feb 11, 2018
please advice needed.name used for filing for F1 is different from name on my passport and school documents.
same name for filing is same as one in my birth cert.
Will I have an issue with this?
Also,when am I expecting an interview .
Priority date is June2013
advice needed ASAP
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:28pm On Feb 12, 2018
visa bulletin March 2018
F1 moved by 7days, F4 moved by 1month.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 12:58am On Feb 13, 2018
Oladeep:
visa bulletin March 2018
F1 moved by 7days, F4 moved by 1month.

F1 moved by only a week. Even F2B moved by almost 2months. Issorai! @Oladeep how are u doing my brother?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 7:58am On Feb 13, 2018
pretty16:

F1 moved by only a week. Even F2B moved by almost 2months. Issorai! @Oladeep how are u doing my brother?
I'm fine my sister. I don't know why ur category is moving at a snail pace. The funny thing is that when it starts moving fast, It will just skyrocket ni. As for me, hopefully, I should get my interview letter dis month or next month.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:06am On Feb 13, 2018
honharr:
please advice needed.name used for filing for F1 is different from name on my passport and school documents.
same name for filing is same as one in my birth cert.
Will I have an issue with this?
Also,when am I expecting an interview .
Priority date is June2013
advice needed ASAP
U still have to wait for likey 2years more besides, u will have issues using different names.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2018
Oladeep:
U still have to wait for likey 2years more besides, u will have issues using different names.

thanks. solutions needed.i already know there is a problem
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:40pm On Feb 13, 2018
Oladeep:
I'm fine my sister. I don't know why ur category is moving at a snail pace. The funny thing is that when it starts moving fast, It will just skyrocket ni. As for me, hopefully, I should get my interview letter dis month or next month.

Yes oo my brother. I know . All things are working together for my good. Hopefully u might be hearing from them in March. All the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2018
honharr:

thanks. solutions needed.i already know there is a problem

Is your passport about to expire? ,get it sorted out with the name on your case file and birth certificate.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 7:54am On Feb 14, 2018
pretty16:

Is your passport about to expire? ,get it sorted out with the name on your case file and birth certificate.
passport is current until 2022.How about a court affidavit showing that both names are one and the same.backdated to time b4 my case
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:41am On Feb 14, 2018
honharr:

passport is current until 2022.How about a court affidavit showing that both names are one and the same.backdated to time b4 my case

To be honest, I really don't know how this will play out. I suggest you ask the V.O on nairaland. He should be of help in this case.
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2018
pretty16:

To be honest, I really don't know how this will play out. I suggest you ask the V.O on nairaland. He should be of help in this case.
https://www.nairaland.com/2669622/u.s-immigration-questions-ask-u.s
gotcha.thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.