Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,873 members, 7,806,495 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (377466 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Pontaboki: 11:37am On Mar 18, 2021
rossovu:

Is the joint sponsor a family member?
My brother was put on Ap this morning cus his wifes joint sponsor is her godmother. The CO said they only accept family members as joint sponsors.

And by family members,must the person be related by immediate family members
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by rossovu: 2:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pontaboki:

And by family members,must the person be related by immediate family members
I don't know, I just hope someone here can answer this question.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
rossovu:

I don't know, I just hope someone here can answer this question.
Yes. Brother, brother wife, sister, sister husband..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Timiofak(m): 3:29pm On Mar 18, 2021
rossovu:

My brother was put on Ap this morning cus his wifes joint sponsor is her godmother. The CO said they only accept family members as joint sponsors.

I am friends with your brother

his story is annoying

The CO is overzealous

Many people have used friends as joint sponsor

But it's a minute issue sha
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Pontaboki: 3:36pm On Mar 18, 2021
Timiofak:

I am friends with your brother

his story is annoying

The CO is overzealous

Many people have used friends as joint sponsor

But it's a minute issue sha

How can this issue be resolved cos my sisters joint sponsor initial sponsor was the friend to the husband but our uncle has now also filled an affidavit of support and provided other documents,will it help?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Timiofak(m): 3:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pontaboki:

How can this issue be resolved cos my sisters joint sponsor initial sponsor was the friend to the husband but our uncle has now also filled an affidavit of support and provided other documents,will it help?

So you want your uncle to replace as joint sponsor correct?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Pontaboki: 4:44pm On Mar 18, 2021
Timiofak:

So you want your uncle to replace as joint sponsor correct?

Yes he has even completed the affidavit of support and provided all his recent tax filings.He even stated in the AOS as a relative,is it possible for her to go to the interview with that?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Timiofak(m): 6:37pm On Mar 18, 2021
Pontaboki:

Yes he has even completed the affidavit of support and provided all his recent tax filings.He even stated in the AOS as a relative,is it possible for her to go to the interview with that?

Not actually sure
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Pontaboki: 7:39pm On Mar 18, 2021
Timiofak:

Not actually sure

Because there is a place stated in her profile with NVC that if you wish to add a sponsor you can contact the consulate
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 8:16pm On Mar 18, 2021
Downloading it has proved impossible. My section was going, I downloaded a PCC. My petitioner couldn't, I even tried on his behalf.

However,he later found the soft copy.

linearity:

How accurate is this information?

I know that, in most cases they do not ask or look at the documents that you bring with you to the interview, but it clearly stated on CEAC to bring the originals of all documents uploaded to CEAC to the interview, it is better safe than sorry.

I will suggest that, if the document has been uploaded to CEAC but lost on their local PC, login to CEAC and download the copy you previously submitted and take it along with you to the interview.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 8:26pm On Mar 18, 2021
The law did not restrict the joint sponsor to be only family members. That CO is the remnant of DT guys that needs to be weeded out by Biden.

rossovu:

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 8:48pm On Mar 18, 2021
However, a letter of relationship cum explanation must accompany the other documents, xplaining why he is sponsoring a total stranger.
richhills:
The law did not restrict the joint sponsor to be only family members. That CO is the remnant of DT guys that needs to be weeded out by Biden.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 9:03pm On Mar 18, 2021
This forum is becoming intresting unto consular wahala.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Pontaboki: 10:18pm On Mar 18, 2021
richhills:

I completely agree,the CO can’t circumvent the law.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by rossovu: 9:07am On Mar 19, 2021
richhills:
However, a letter of relationship cum explanation must accompany the other documents, xplaining why he is sponsoring a total stranger.
Yes, he went with the letter but the CO said he personally doesn't want to accept the joint sponsor.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 3:47pm On Mar 20, 2021
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fedo: 1:58pm On Mar 21, 2021
miraclebaby:
Find out from your state ID headquarters. That’s where I did mine and they took it to Lagos and gave me date to pick it up. It’ll just cost you extra but it’s worth the stress of going to Lagos

Ok thank you so much.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 21, 2021
How long do you think it would take if As a citizen you petition for your brother who is like 30years old.

I am aware of the visa bulletin and I think it falls under f4 visa.

I would like to know if there is a possibility of the visa being available in 5 years
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 12:59am On Mar 22, 2021
10 yrs
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 1:02am On Mar 22, 2021
10yrs
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:19am On Mar 22, 2021
Please, we went for immigrant interview and the interview issued a slip and requested for updated tax returns and international passport. We submitted it March 19 2021. Please, how long would it take to get a response.?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 1:36am On Mar 22, 2021
2020 tax season starts from February and has being extended to end in may 2021 so your petitioner should be able to file his tax for 2020. But you must bear in mind that some people did not work much because of the covid so I dont know if he made the required amount of money to support u.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 1:41am On Mar 22, 2021
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:42am On Mar 22, 2021
Ifeanyichukwu42:
2020 tax season starts from February and has being extended to end in may 2021 so your petitioner should be able to file his tax for 2020. But you must bear in mind that some people did not work much because of the covid so I dont know if he made the required amount of money to support u.
like I said the tax document has been submitted at the DHL office in VI. When are we likely to get a response?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 1:48am On Mar 22, 2021
Just be patient they will issue u the visa as per they asked you to submit your passport. U could hear from the b4 2 weeks.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 9:27am On Mar 22, 2021
slimmy2005:
How long do you think it would take if As a citizen you petition for your brother who is like 30years old.

I am aware of the visa bulletin and I think it falls under f4 visa.

I would like to know if there is a possibility of the visa being available in 5 years
15yrs.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 11:24am On Mar 22, 2021
Has any one who had an appointment for April 2020 but was cancelled gotten a new reschedule date.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Solebija: 4:16pm On Mar 22, 2021
Good afternoon fellows, I had my interview today but my visa was refused and put on AP based on my joint sponsor not making enough to support his household and mine. I want to know if adding his wife income into his household help my case using him as joint sponsor still or will it be better I look for another joint sponsor. Please advice me on what next to do. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by richhills(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2021
Technically you can add his wife as household member/co sponsor and submit I-864A. But the most importsnt issue is that you must know the figure you are to achieve as per 125% poverty guidelines. How many members are in your sponsor's family plus yours?
Solebija:
Good afternoon fellows, I had my interview today but my visa was refused and put on AP based on my joint sponsor not making enough to support his household and mine. I want to know if adding his wife income into his household help my case using him as joint sponsor still or will it be better I look for another joint sponsor. Please advice me on what next to do. Thanks

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 5:34pm On Mar 22, 2021
Sorry for that bro may be the person you used as joint sponsor may have filed their tax separately if yes that could still be a problem because I doubt if they will make the amount required to support you but if they filed their tax jointly they might make up the amount. Some couples did not work much last year because of the pandemic.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ifeanyichukwu42: 5:35pm On Mar 22, 2021

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by APOPTOSIS: 10:18am On Mar 23, 2021
Jolomik:
Good day everyone, I recently got married this year to my wife, she's an African American, a citizen of America, she's about to file form i-130 for a spousal visa but my only reservation is the large age gap between is, she's 61 and I'm 30, she's 31 years older than me, do you think this would be a barrier at the embassy? We have proves of everything, pictures, money transfers, wedding certificate, engagement pictures,wedding pictures, pictures with friends and family, flight tickets,hotel reservations, reciept of payments together... Its just d age
Where did you meet her?
Better conclude with the LADY and agree in unison regarding where you met her.
It's very important, especially when there is such a discrepancy.
The GUY that was right in front of me was denied immigrant visa outrightly because he mentioned an unrealistic place as the first place of contact and he wasn't confident enough too.
And guess what, he was the only one that was denied visa that day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: Alba3 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.