Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,582 members, 7,809,111 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (377963 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Valolisa147: 11:39am On Aug 11, 2022
Hello. Please i have been catching up with lots of visa thread. My dad left Nigeria last month on PR and he just got issued SSN this week. He's meant to file for me and my sister under F2B what's the wait time and how does the process work. I also applied for US student visa for MSC program and i have interview next week, this is like the 3rd time, what can improve my chances because my dad's status just changed in recent time. Can someone please work me through on this new process, I'm worried about my F1 visa cos it has been disappointing now i have alternative what's the wait period. Any genuine opinion will be appreciated
uchetobi:

Yup we are currently on 15 and half years now
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2022
bonawaja:

This month i received 7th of IL waiting since my case became current last yr September F4 category
7th notice!!! Longer wait times for those that aren't current yet. Wahala Dey ooo
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 4:26am On Aug 13, 2022
bonawaja:

This month i received 7th of IL waiting since my case became current last yr September F4 category

Really when is your pD and dq date.

I thought everyone who’s current should have their green card now given the dates haven’t moved in a whole year
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 4:29am On Aug 13, 2022
Valolisa147:
Hello. Please i have been catching up with lots of visa thread. My dad left Nigeria last month on PR and he just got issued SSN this week. He's meant to file for me and my sister under F2B what's the wait time and how does the process work. I also applied for US student visa for MSC program and i have interview next week, this is like the 3rd time, what can improve my chances because my dad's status just changed in recent time. Can someone please work me through on this new process, I'm worried about my F1 visa cos it has been disappointing now i have alternative what's the wait period. Any genuine opinion will be appreciated

Be open and honest about the pending immigration. Maybe in filling out your form try and explain your ties back to Nigeria after your studies

I got multiple b1/b2 with pending immigration and currently live in the USA now on a work visa however your case is tricky. The work visa is a dual intent visa but student visa isn’t.

Good luck and keep us posted

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by oyi2: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by oyi2: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2022
So you got multiple b1/b2 visa with a pending immigration petition? I was scared to apply for a visiting visa because of my pending petition. I'll go and apply as soon as possible.
uchetobi:

Be open and honest about the pending immigration. Maybe in filling out your form try and explain your ties back to Nigeria after your studies

I got multiple b1/b2 with pending immigration and currently live in the USA now on a work visa however your case is tricky. The work visa is a dual intent visa but student visa isn’t.

Good luck and keep us posted

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dammodee911: 9:22am On Aug 15, 2022
According to a Facebook immigrant visa group I follow, this is the current backlog numbers at the US embassies for different countries. I took a screen shot showing Lagos and it’s about 3k plus for family preference category and 4k plus for immediate relative. Only one or two more countries have it worse than us in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2022
dammodee911:
According to a Facebook immigrant visa group I follow, this is the current backlog numbers at the US embassies for different countries. I took a screen shot showing Lagos and it’s about 3k plus for family preference category and 4k plus for immediate relative. Only one or two more countries have it worse than us in Lagos
It goes to show the exodus of Nigerians. And APC is still hoping to be in power!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Goodman1010: 12:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
Category is f11
Priority date is march 2016
bfn1:

"5 months" is like a day in this place.
'Patience' is our shared name.

- What visa category do you belong to?
- What is your priority date?
- Is your priority date (by you category) current on the Visa Bulletin?

You need to first evaluate your application by these points before discussing DQ & IL.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by OBishop: 1:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
dammodee911:
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 2:57pm On Aug 20, 2022
Goodman1010:
Category is f11
Priority date is march 2016
- Category: F11.

- Current PD on the Sept. 2022 VB: 1-Dec-2014.

- Please wait. Maybe for about 2 years.

- If you get married within that period, you'll migrate to F3 which is even a longer queue (VB: 22-Nov-2008).

- Let's be on the look out for any movement when the Oct. 2022 VB is released.

- In the meantime, just keep enjoying life and taking things one-step-at-a-time.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Goodman1010: 1:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
Thanks for the info
bfn1:

- Category: F11.

- Current PD on the Sept. 2022 VB: 1-Dec-2014.

- Please wait. Maybe for about 2 years.

- If you get married within that period, you'll migrate to F3 which is even a longer queue (VB: 22-Nov-2008).

- Let's be on the look out for any movement when the Oct. 2022 VB is released.

- In the meantime, just keep enjoying life and taking things one-step-at-a-time.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 6:54am On Aug 23, 2022
bonawaja:

hi everyone y d house so quiet
Any latest interview information as per F4

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 3:42pm On Aug 23, 2022
Goodman1010:
Thanks for the info
You're welcome. All the best.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Danillo11: 1:19am On Aug 25, 2022
Hello, please I would like to ask what is the wait time for f3 visa for Nigerians. How long does it take to get the welcome letter. Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 9:43am On Aug 28, 2022
[quote author=bonawaja post=115586660]
Any latest interview information as per F4[/quote
Anyone received 60days interview letter this month with this kind of attachment letters
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 9:54am On Aug 28, 2022
Anyone received 60 days interview letter this month with an attachment letter to it

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 2:45pm On Aug 28, 2022
GUD DAY HOUSE
did anyone received 60 days interview letter this month with this kind of attachment letter

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lasthero: 6:05pm On Aug 28, 2022
bonawaja:
GUD DAY HOUSE
did anyone received 60 days interview letter this month with this kind of attachment letter

What is the content of the attachment?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Duhnell: 1:24am On Aug 29, 2022
How long did it take for USCIS to approve I-130? We’ve been waiting since September 2021. Anyone with information please advise. Our lawyers are being told that the delay is from Lagos backlog
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 3:53pm On Aug 29, 2022
bonawaja:

gud day house

That’s over a year ago.. when did you dq

I’m shocked any current F4 is still pending interview considering the bulletin has not moved in a whole year
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 8:52pm On Aug 29, 2022
bonawaja:
F4
Total allocation (Oct. 2021 - Sept. 2022): "65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences. (F1, F2 & F3)"

By logic, if this allocation has been fulfilled for a fiscal year, why do you think NVC will want to issue more immigrant visas when the USCIS have stopped giving GCs?

There are guys here, same F4 with PDs of Jan. 2007 & Feb. 2007, and they've all been interviewed & successfully emigrated.

Is your PD in late February or between 1st - 21st March 2007?
If that's the case, there's a probability you didn't make the cut for this fiscal year.

If your PD is anytime earlier than 1st March 2007, then I'll ask you to escalate as your mates don collect visa tey tey.

You can wait till September - October ending. I'm hopeful you'll be amongst the first applicants on the interview line.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Duhnell: 1:26am On Aug 30, 2022
Someone please advise on this, we are getting weary of how long it's taking. Appreciate any input.
Duhnell:
How long did it take for USCIS to approve I-130? We’ve been waiting since September 2021. Anyone with information please advise. Our lawyers are being told that the delay is from Lagos backlog
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 5:04am On Aug 30, 2022
Duhnell:
Someone please advise on this, we are getting weary of how long it's taking. Appreciate any input.

Sept 2021 is barely a year. I don’t think it’s long a at all.

You need a lot of patience on this journey. You’v not even said what category you are applying for. Either ways your journey hasn’t even started so just carry on with your life and forget about this for now

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 6:35am On Aug 30, 2022
Duhnell:
Processing time differs by application category & the Service Centre chosen.

Perhaps, if you share these details, someone here can help with a more concise response.

For your convenience, you can check through the links below:
1. Track USCIS Application Here
2. Check USCIS Processing Times Here

And yes, the advice given by uchetobi is apt. Your application is still quite fresh.

All the best!

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 11:30am On Aug 30, 2022
bfn1:

F4
Total allocation (Oct. 2021 - Sept. 2022): "65,000, plus any numbers not required by first three preferences. (F1, F2 & F3)"

By logic, if this allocation has been fulfilled for a fiscal year, why do you think NVC will want to issue more immigrant visas when the USCIS have stopped giving GCs?

There are guys here, same F4 with PDs of Jan. 2007 & Feb. 2007, and they've all been interviewed & successfully emigrated.

Is your PD in late February or between 1st - 21st March 2007?
If that's the case, there's a probability you didn't make the cut for this fiscal year.

If your PD is anytime earlier than 1st March 2007, then I'll ask you to escalate as your mates don collect visa tey tey.

You can wait till September - October ending. I'm hopeful you'll be amongst the first applicants on the interview line.

All the best.

My priority date is 8 of march 2007
DQ October 2020
This month i received 7th of Interview update letter

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 2:10pm On Aug 30, 2022
bonawaja:
My priority date is 8 of march 2007
DQ October 2020
This month i received 7th of Interview update letter
No wonder!
The several interview updates is just a way of NVC telling you:"Bros, we know sey you don due for interview, but abeg wait small make we clear ground." Lols!

All the best!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Rudolfchris(m): 12:48am On Aug 31, 2022
bfn1:

No wonder!
The several interview updates is just a way of NVC telling you:"Bros, we know sey you don due for interview, but abeg wait small make we clear ground." Lols!

All the best!

I received the reminder from NVC as well. This should be about the 8th reminder i have received since I got DQed. Please what month and year was the last set that were interviewed in F1 category? I am in F1 category and my Priority date is April 2014 and documentarily qualified in May 2021.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 9:22am On Aug 31, 2022
Rudolfchris:
...Please what month and year was the last set that were interviewed in F1 category?...
Sorry, I don't have any current update on F1 interviews.
Perhaps, anyone here who is in the know will help.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Aug 31, 2022
Hello.. I got an interview for my IR1 spousal visa.. the interview date is october first week. Has any other person gotten interview yet? also for those who have been through the system successfully. What advice can you give me? aside documents listed on US embassy website, is there any other document i need to have incase? thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 4:06pm On Aug 31, 2022
bfn1:

No wonder!

All the best!
Thanks bros
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bonawaja: 4:14pm On Aug 31, 2022
Rudolfchris:

I received the reminder from NVC as well. This should be about the 8th reminder i have received since I got DQed. Please what month and year was the last set that were interviewed in F1 category? I am in F1 category and my Priority date is April 2014 and documentarily qualified in May 2021.
HI Rudo the last time you received interview reminder is der any attachment letter to it i mean the same reminder letter but come as an attachment to the email or only the email no attachment.

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.