Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,489 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (169) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (377643 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 11:39am On May 28, 2023
Codemine:

Thank you so much for the advice. I will verify with my contact if the certificate is original and I will get a divorce if it’s original but being married and divorced doesn’t add any implications right?

On the part of transferring my case to Cameroon, I heard it also take longer because it will be at last queue by the time it gets there and I also heard transferring may not work if one doesn’t have a tie in the new country such as permits or some documents permitting one to live there. How true is that?
If you're married, move to F3 and move on.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 11:43am On May 28, 2023
Lordcrixus:

Inform the US about your marriage and move to F3, apply for the UK student visa with your spouse. That's the best way to deal with this, any other way will jeopardize your petition.
The best option. Why divorce? Because of the US you 'belittled' in your first post, op.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 11:47am On May 28, 2023
lily156:
And yes, if you want to still pursue your F11, you'd have to abort the mission of going to the UK as a married couple.

Honestly, being so close, you should think of how to get your green card quickly. Again, a transfer to say Cameroon is a good idea. You're sure to get an interview letter this year especially when the new USCIS fiscal year starts. Versus waiting forever for Lagos.

Process UK for your spouse alone. You focus on getting your visa, travel to the US, get your physical GC. Then fly to the UK, get married legalky there, return to the US, file for your husband. If you live on the east coast eg NYC, you can easily visit the UK - it's 6 hrs.
If you get a flexible or remote job, you can spend extended periods in the UK with your spouse. Just remember you have to maintain your GC by not being out of the US for longer than 6 months and having ties to the US eg bank account, credit cards etc.
Arm yourself with information and it becomes so easy. These are things that I actually know that people have done.

is it 6month or 3month
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 5:04pm On May 28, 2023
Last queue how? Your PD is your PD and your DQ is your DQ. ILs are scheduled according according to your DQ if you're current.

Of course, you need to get a resident permit for the country you're transferring to. Options include sierra Leone, Ivory coast, Cameroon.

You have to be single for F11. That includes divorced and widowed individuals.

Codemine:

Thank you so much for the advice. I will verify with my contact if the certificate is original and I will get a divorce if it’s original but being married and divorced doesn’t add any implications right?

On the part of transferring my case to Cameroon, I heard it also take longer because it will be at last queue by the time it gets there and I also heard transferring may not work if one doesn’t have a tie in the new country such as permits or some documents permitting one to live there. How true is that?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 5:06pm On May 28, 2023
aestake:

If you're married, move to F3 and move on.
embarassed cry
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 5:08pm On May 28, 2023
lily156:
Last queue how? Your PD is your PD and your DQ is your DQ. ILs are scheduled according according to your DQ if you're current.

Of course, you need to get a resident permit for the country you're transferring to. Options include sierra Leone, Ivory coast, Cameroon.

Thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 5:09pm On May 28, 2023
aestake:

The best option. Why divorce? Because of the US you 'belittled' in your first post, op.
I didn’t mean to ‘belittle’ the US. The wait was just tiring and I thought I could have my way around it. Thanks for your advice though.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by aestake: 7:24pm On May 28, 2023
Codemine:

I didn’t mean to ‘belittle’ the US. The wait was just tiring and I thought I could have my way around it. Thanks for your advice though.
Not only you. Sb I know has been waiting under F4. You should have started a family without marriage. There may be a problem in this route: I have seen where sb went and refused to come back to marry the other. Children and woman gone to US leaving the nigga in Nigeria.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by OnyeOgboni: 9:25am On May 31, 2023
apach4ever:
F3, January 2010. The issue is I visited my State Police HQ and they said it's only the biometric one they do. I'm not in Lagos, I'm not sure how to go about getting the one with finger print from here. When I was F1 back in 2016 before being pushed back to F3, I was able to do it here and they dispatched the documents to Alagbon. Now they're insisting on the online one only. Or should I attach the old fingerprint page with the new online PCC and submit? NVC really needs to update their requirements!
send me your email address
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by frankike1: 1:07am On Jun 01, 2023
lily156:

Pls I will like to talk with you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lo2o: 8:37am On Jun 01, 2023
Anybody know the process for a 21yr old usa citizen child filing for their parent? The child is also trying to find an affordable lawyer but also looking for any parents that have successfully done the process please?

There is that topic of people going to give birth in USA but your kid has to be 21 to file for you. So looking for info of what happens next? Please
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Superrman: 5:02pm On Jun 05, 2023
Pls whats ND AND DQ cos i only know my priority date(PD)
Codemine:
Please help!!!

I have an ongoing US immigration VISA with the details below:

PD: June 2014
ND: Sept 2015
DQ: June 2020
Visa Category: F11

The wait is really tiring. Only reminder emails for almost 3 years. Now I am married because for how long will I continue to be unmarried because of US.

I want to try UK student VISA but I have done a marriage certificate, my concern is that would this marriage certificate affect me even if I remain silent on it to the US and pretend to remain unmarried to them?

What can I do to ensure that by the time US calls me, there won’t be issue with my marriage certificate because I don’t want to my category to moved to the married category which would even make the wait very much longer. Please house, advise me on what to do please 🙏🏽
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 9:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
Sure. You can send me an email.

frankike1:

Pls I will like to talk with you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Codemine: 8:15pm On Jun 07, 2023
Superrman:
Pls whats ND AND DQ cos i only know my priority date(PD)

ND is Notice Date which is the date when your application is entered into U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) database.

DQ is Documentary Qualified which is when you have submitted everything requested by NVC and now in line for next available interview appointment.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2023
How many times does NVC as for documents?
After my application was accepted by USCIS,it was sent to NVC and a profile was opened with a code(numbers) that I can use to monitor my application.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 6:29pm On Jun 08, 2023
NVC will give you a list of documents they need from you. It's really up to you how things go.
Be meticulous and prepared and they'll probably accept all your documents in one round.
If you do like many Nigerians and upload poorly scanned documents or the wrong documents etc, then you'll have problems and they'll keep asking you to resubmit something or the other.

Tekzyflex:
How many times does NVC as for documents?
After my application was accepted by USCIS,it was sent to NVC and a profile was opened with a code(numbers) that I can use to monitor my application.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sisib15: 12:14am On Jun 09, 2023
we've been asked to submit affadivit of support and come to the embassy with. How can we get this affadivit of support
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lily156: 8:42am On Jun 10, 2023
For you to get to the embassy stage, you would have gone through NVC and you would definitely have submitted an affidavit of support from the sponsor or a co-sponsor.
It is therefore surprising that you're asking this question.

Sisib15:
we've been asked to submit affadivit of support and come to the embassy with. How can we get this affadivit of support
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sisib15: 10:14am On Jun 10, 2023
Is just that i received a mail that document missing from NVC and they said it's affadivit of support that's why I'm asking
lily156:
For you to get to the embassy stage, you would have gone through NVC and you would definitely have submitted an affidavit of support from the sponsor or a co-sponsor.
It is therefore surprising that you're asking this question.

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tekzyflex(m): 1:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sisib15:
Is just that i received a mail that document missing from NVC and they said it's affadivit of support that's why I'm asking

Check very well. Which of the affidavit of support is required. Is it birth certificate or change or name?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sisib15: 5:37pm On Jun 10, 2023
Additional affadivit of financial support
Tekzyflex:

Check very well. Which of the affidavit of support is required. Is it birth certificate or change or name?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Mikkyjuicy1234: 8:03pm On Jun 10, 2023
Pls I was in a WhatsApp group for U.SA immigrants, I changed my phone and wasn't backup. Pls I would like to be added back 08103193834 tnx
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 11:45am On Jun 11, 2023
Mikkyjuicy1234:
Pls I was in a WhatsApp group for U.SA immigrants, I changed my phone and wasn't backup. Pls I would like to be added back 08103193834 tnx
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 2:37pm On Jun 14, 2023
Hi everyone. Please does anyone know what date/month is currently being interviewed?
DQ: July 2020.
Category: f1
PD: May 2013.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Cutie1973: 7:02pm On Jun 14, 2023
Yem2023:
Hi everyone. Please does anyone know what date/month is currently being interviewed?
DQ: July 2020.
Category: f1
PD: May 2013.
I don’t think people are getting interview appointments. This has been like this for more than a year now. Imagine someone that DQed since 2020 have not been called. Nawa ooooo
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Yem2023: 8:56pm On Jun 14, 2023
Cutie1973:

I don’t think people are getting interview appointments. This has been like this for more than a year now. Imagine someone that DQed since 2020 have not been called. Nawa ooooo

Wow! Thank you! It is well!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bake19: 3:36am On Jun 15, 2023
They don't need a lawyer. First the child has to be domiciled in the usa, filing taxes or have
someone who does that is ready to sponsor.
Lo2o:
Anybody know the process for a 21yr old usa citizen child filing for their parent? The child is also trying to find an affordable lawyer but also looking for any parents that have successfully done the process please?

There is that topic of people going to give birth in USA but your kid has to be 21 to file for you. So looking for info of what happens next? Please
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Mikkyjuicy1234: 8:48am On Jun 21, 2023
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sisib15: 10:33pm On Jun 22, 2023
Thank you so much Everyone,

My sister visa was approved at the embassy today

Petitioner :Step dad
Priority Date : 2019
Dq:April 2022
Visa Category :IR2
Interview letter received : April 28 2023
Visa Approved :22nd of June 2023

Interview
Who is your petitioner : My step dad
How old are you : 21yrs
How old is your petitioner : I told him
Where in the Usa does your petitioner lives : I told him
He then checked my pictures with my parents and the one I have with my mom
Then he asked about my joint sponsor : I told him who she is to me
When did your mom traveled : I said the year

And that was it. That my visa has been approved, I should pick it up in the next two weeks.
The embassy also requested for recent tax return and other documents like police character and date of birth

Thank you once again and for those that are waiting, your time will come.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Chloraseptic: 1:40am On Jun 23, 2023
Sisib15:
Thank you so much Everyone,

My sister visa was approved at the embassy today

Petitioner :Step dad
Priority Date : 2019
Dq:April 2022
Visa Category :IR2
Interview letter received : April 28 2023
Visa Approved :22nd of June 2023

Interview
Who is your petitioner : My step dad
How old are you : 21yrs
How old is your petitioner : I told him
Where in the Usa does your petitioner lives : I told him
He then checked my pictures with my parents and the one I have with my mom
Then he asked about my joint sponsor : I told him who she is to me
When did your mom traveled : I said the year

And that was it. That my visa has been approved, I should pick it up in the next two weeks.
The embassy also requested for recent tax return and other documents like police character and date of birth

Thank you once again and for those that are waiting, your time will come.

A very big congratulations sis.

Everyone here on the queue shall have a day like this to share their stories and celebrate their approved visa in Jesus name..

Amen.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lixx: 3:28pm On Jun 24, 2023
Please help!!

we received our notice of immigrant visa creation since April 2021 for F4 category, after login in this is what we found in the summary information;

Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time.

This wait has passed 2 years, I don't know if anyone has had this type of experience, how did you go about it ? I'm really tired of waiting.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by lonikit: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2023
Lixx:
Please help!!

we received our notice of immigrant visa creation since April 2021 for F4 category, after login in this is what we found in the summary information;

Due to the numerical limitations on immigrant visa issuance prescribed by law, this petition is not eligible for further processing at this time. The National Visa Center (NVC) will retain the petition until an immigrant visa becomes available. The NVC will notify the petitioner, principal applicant, or attorney of record when this petition is eligible for further processing. The principal applicant should not make any firm plans such as disposing of property, giving up jobs, or making travel arrangements at this time.

This wait has passed 2 years, I don't know if anyone has had this type of experience, how did you go about it ? I'm really tired of waiting.

U need to wait.

(1) (2) (3) ... (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.