Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:30 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (377559 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 5:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
Tbabe11:
Good day everyone, please where should I mail the F1 opt out letter. NVC doesn’t seem to know. They only provided USCIS phone number and it’s hard to get anyone on the phone. Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2019
[quote author=Tbabe11 post=75104916][/quote]

Mail your opt out letter to the department of homeland security (DHS), Ghana office. That office has jurisdiction over such matters from Nigerian applicants. The email I used for mine in 2016 was USCIS.Accra@uscis.dhs.gov
Best wishes.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 2:24am On Jan 26, 2019
[quote author=Tbabe11 post=75104916][/quote]
Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 6:22am On Feb 01, 2019
Happy new month all ... It shall be a fulfilling month for us all. Amen.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by AndreMarley: 10:46am On Feb 01, 2019
Good day everyone. can a primary applicant enter US before her derivative after visa has been issued?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by wendiescakes: 12:27pm On Feb 06, 2019
Good morning , visa interview was today , and thank God I and my daughter were approved. Interview questions weren’t much , right after the security checks we waited for like 45 mins before I was called, a white lady interviewed us , firstly she asked me to take the oath on behalf of me and my kid, she asked who petitioned for us, how did you meet him?,what type of wedding did you have?, who attended the wedding (told her and she asks about my hubbys parents told her they were not based here), she asked if my parents attended (told her just my dad) then she goes on to ask for hubbys current job, his former job,then she asks for pictures(showed her then she further asks again that okay I thought you said your mum attended d wedding and I still said no, she goes on to ask where my husband stays in the us and how many times he has visited, and then I heard the magic words, wasn’t even listening to the rest , she gave me d white paper and I left. Thanks so much to everyone in this forum , you all are blessed

5 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Drenimarcus(m): 1:41pm On Feb 06, 2019
wendiescakes:
Good morning , visa interview was today , and thank God I and my daughter were approved. Interview questions weren’t much , right after the security checks we waited for like 45 mins before I was called, a white lady interviewed us , firstly she asked me to take the oath on behalf of me and my kid, she asked who petitioned for us, how did you meet him?,what type of wedding did you have?, who attended the wedding (told her and she asks about my hubbys parents told her they were not based here), she asked if my parents attended (told her just my dad) then she goes on to ask for hubbys current job, his former job,then she asks for pictures(showed her then she further asks again that okay I thought you said your mum attended d wedding and I still said no, she goes on to ask where my husband stays in the us and how many times he has visited, and then I heard the magic words, wasn’t even listening to the rest , she gave me d white paper and I left. Thanks so much to everyone in this forum , you all are blessed

Congratulations!!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 10:39am On Feb 07, 2019
wendiescakes:
Congratulations grin
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 4:36pm On Feb 15, 2019
March 2019 bulletin

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by OCEANS7(m): 11:48am On Feb 17, 2019
Hello family...quick question:
Can one act on (or continue with the processing) of a filing that was done as far back as 2003...? The filing was done by my folks (who are now naturalized) but they didn't follow through with it.

I have a USCIS Receipt Number, but don't know wether there's a "deadline" of sorts - for one's Application to be acted upon.

Basically, can they continue from wherever they might have stopped as per their 2003 filing?

Thanks for any answers...I'm just so #confused!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 17, 2019
OCEANS7:
Hello family...quick question:
Can one act on (or continue with the processing) of a filing that was done as far back as 2003...? The filing was done by my folks (who are now naturalized) but they didn't follow through with it.

I have a USCIS Receipt Number, but don't know wether there's a "deadline" of sorts - for one's Application to be acted upon.

Basically, can they continue from wherever they might have stopped as per their 2003 filing?

Thanks for any answers...I'm just so #confused!

Did you get number for your case for. USCIS and do you know your priority date.

Do you know if the application was approved?
I'm presuming this started as F2B (Unmarried daughter of LPR)

Are you married now and did you you get married before your parents naturalised?

Answers would determine if your case maybe valid.

At the very best you're an F3 but F3 status for (other countries),has past 2003 and I believe any application that nvc doesn't hear from him n a year or so after priority date is current would be considered abandoned.

At the worst case scenario your application was void anyways spending on your response to any particular f those questions
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by OCEANS7(m): 9:39am On Feb 18, 2019
salsera:

Did you get number for your case for. USCIS and do you know your priority date.

Do you know if the application was approved?
I'm presuming this started as F2B (Unmarried daughter of LPR)

Are you married now and did you you get married before your parents naturalised?

Answers would determine if your case maybe valid.

At the very best you're an F3 but F3 status for (other countries),has past 2003 and I believe any application that nvc doesn't hear from him n a year or so after priority date is current would be considered abandoned.

At the worst case scenario your application was void anyways spending on your response to any particular f those questions

Did you get number for your case for. USCIS:. Yes I did

Do you know if the application was approved: No, I dont embarassed cry

Are you married now? Nope, still unmarried

- in view of a worst case scenario, can I reopen my case if I have the USCIS number? I just stumbled on a place my folks wrote it down (old people's diary).
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:35am On Feb 18, 2019
I think you can check your status here

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 18, 2019
OCEANS7:

- in view of a worst case scenario, can I reopen my case if I have the USCIS number? I just stumbled on a place my folks wrote it down (old people's diary).

I don't think you can reopen a case that is deemed abandoned. Your patents would need to redo it so wait time will reset again 7years or more
You can also check visajourney for advice.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2019
@Wilsub Good progression ....Thanks for sharing...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2019
IrepChrist:
@Wilsub Good progression ....Thanks for sharing...
You welcome
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by OCEANS7(m): 6:12am On Feb 20, 2019
salsera:

I don't think you can reopen a case that is deemed abandoned. Your patents would need to redo it so wait time will reset again 7years or more
You can also check visajourney for advice.

Thanks for the advice.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ifunanyamaka: 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2019
Hi guys. Please can someone help me recommend any hotel that is affordable and close enough to the US embassy in Lagos. I do not reside in Lagos and need a hotel where I can stay when I travel for my Interview. Budget is between 15 to 20k.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Drenimarcus(m): 10:03pm On Feb 25, 2019
ifunanyamaka:
Hi guys. Please can someone help me recommend any hotel that is affordable and close enough to the US embassy in Lagos. I do not reside in Lagos and need a hotel where I can stay when I travel for my Interview. Budget is between 15 to 20k.

Why not google it? That way you can choose the one that fits your budget
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by foe123(f): 10:26am On Feb 26, 2019
Hello every one, congratulations to all that has succeeded and those that are close. please my mum is a us citizen and about to file for me what is the procedure? She was talking about getting a Nigerian lawyer to put her through. Am married, 26y old but thinking about getting a device to reduce the Wait time. What do u think?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by foe123(f): 12:08pm On Feb 26, 2019
wendiescakes:

Is your Hubby a green card holder or a citizen, how long did the filing take ?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 26, 2019
foe123

Read here

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/family-based-immigrant-visas.html#1

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/family-based-immigrant-visas.html#1

Based on your being married you're F3 so you have a 13-14 year wait if you check monthly Visa Bulletin

NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE THE WAIT TIME

Not even a lawyer can do that, don't waste your money

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by wendiescakes: 12:01pm On Feb 27, 2019
Green card holder, filed November 2016, so waited 2yrs and 2 months
foe123:

Is your Hubby a green card holder or a citizen, how long did the filing take ?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by wendiescakes: 12:03pm On Feb 27, 2019
Hello all, Got into Houston yday via Emirates, POE was pretty smooth, just verified my address and dat was it , thanks to all of you once again.

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 1:34pm On Mar 01, 2019
congratulations�
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dododanwa: 10:15pm On Mar 01, 2019
Congratulations to everyone that has gotten their visa.

I know that soonest i will share my own testimony.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 5:26am On Mar 02, 2019
[quote author=OCEANS7 post=75848892]

Just bear in mind that if your people contacts USCIS, you will be asked to start a fresh process. 2003 is a long time and everyone with the priority date has moved on. Have them contact Uscis but they should just start a fresh Application for you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 5:34am On Mar 02, 2019
wendiescakes:
Hello all, Got into Houston yday via Emirates, POE was pretty smooth, just verified my address and dat was it , thanks to all of you once again.

Congrats. It was because you had a kid with you. I don't think they bother to ask immigrant moms with kids. They believe the kids is enough stress already. When I got to the port of entry with my 3boys, they were even helping me fill out the blue form to declare what I had. I was expecting them to start asking me questions, for where? They were just being so nice, and was like, You got your hands full today. I just smiled, for my mind I say una really know as e be me.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 5:42am On Mar 02, 2019
salsera:
foe123

Read here

Based on your being married you're F3 so you have a 13-14 year wait if you check monthly Visa Bulletin

NOTHING YOU CAN DO TO REDUCE THE WAIT TIME

Not even a lawyer can do that, don't waste your money

Salsera , you are doing quite well. Thanks for helping out in answering questions. Been a while I have been on here. Busy busy.
Good looking out, Helping each other wink
Keep up the good work guys. Really proud of this thread and for you all keeping it alive. Its really helping a lot of people. We will celebrate with u guys soon too. @Wilsub hang in there. Yours is coming soon too.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ringofGod: 8:29am On Mar 02, 2019
koolkesh:
Hi guys, its been a while. Wanted to give a little update, I waited for 3 weeks to get my SSN but it didn't come through so I went to their office to apply again. You can verify the address they have of you at the port of entry so you would be sure they have the right address to mail your social security number to.

As regards medicals, if you dont have immunisation records they would charge you for that depending on the hospital its mandatory.

I know its a long wait, but just be a patience my people it would all be worth it. As per career you can start looking at what you would like to do while you wait. For me I switched to I.T and it payed off cos its in high demand here so put that in mind while you wait.

Hello guys, my concern is the vaccination records- I don't have any but I know what Ive taken. Will this affect my medical screening?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Mar 02, 2019
Can a permanence resident petition for someone
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by koolkesh(m): 12:23am On Mar 03, 2019
ringofGod:

Hello guys, my concern is the vaccination records- I don't have any but I know what Ive taken. Will this affect my medical screening?

Hello got your email today. You would need your vaccination records, if you don't have one you would need to do a new one.

Wizplynfrosh:
Can a permanence resident petition for someone

A permanent residence can petition for his/her spouse and children only.

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.