Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,863 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:05 AM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (372210 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2019
@lindsy4real how are you? Hope you have gotten a case complete .
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by hammed71(m): 9:17pm On Jul 21, 2019
guys please don't be annoyed ooo, concerning the NPC birth certificate, I learnt my two parents name will be on the certificate, my issue is that my mother and father are married but not living together and no form of court marriage and my mother still uses her father surname.will be wise to use my father's surname for my on the certificate or just use her father's surname as her surname and also will the two(mother and father)different surnames cause problem for me during immigration? thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lindsy4real: 10:10pm On Jul 21, 2019
@Wilsub.. am fine dear, I havnt gotten case complete yet oo, infact it's really frustrating. All our documents has been accepted, my petitioner documents has also been accepted, joint sponsors documents has been accepted too but then nvc demanded for one last thing my petitioner household member's documents. We got the documents but then made the mistake of not submitting it all in one package, hence the delay. We havnt gotten any response and it's 3 weeks. Am looking at putting a call to them tomorrow to ask for an update on my case, I hope dat helps..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 6:53pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lindsy4real:
@Wilsub.. am fine dear, I havnt gotten case complete yet oo, infact it's really frustrating. All our documents has been accepted, my petitioner documents has also been accepted, joint sponsors documents has been accepted too but then nvc demanded for one last thing my petitioner household member's documents. We got the documents but then made the mistake of not submitting it all in one package, hence the delay. We havnt gotten any response and it's 3 weeks. Am looking at putting a call to them tomorrow to ask for an update on my case, I hope dat helps..
It's good you are putting a call through to them, now I know how you feel, my marriage certificate wasn't accepted, said they can't open it, I had to rescan, they also requested for my co sponsor proof of employment. All other documents has been accepted.
I pray we get a response soon.
Don't worry, you will be contacted soon.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 6:55pm On Jul 22, 2019
Lindsy4real:
Kindly send me a mail on this wilsub86@yahoo.co.uk
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lindsy4real: 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
@ wilsub.. just Sent u a message
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lindsy4real: 7:17pm On Jul 22, 2019
@ wilsub... just Sent u a message
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Lindsy4real: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2019
Documentarily qualified..... Thank you Jesus

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 9:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Hello guys. Just went for my visa interview and I was told to bring more evidence. They need current (2018) tax papers. I went with 2017 and it was rejected. I'm married with kids and I forgot to also have more of my immediate family's pictures. I was told to drop all these things, along with my passport at the DHL office. Good luck to you all.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 9:58am On Jul 24, 2019
Thanks for sharing...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olu4life(m): 12:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys, please I have series of questions o.

So my aunt filed for all her siblings, their spouse and children in 2006.
We got a letter 2009 stating it was still in process.
Never heard anything till 2 months ago. Sent letter with deadline of less than a year to submit documents and go for interview. Waiting on other siblings so as to file together by my aunt's petitioner.

My questions
What's the feasibility of their spouse been granted?

As at 2006, some of the children were 20 below. But now, way over 30yrs, any possibility for them?

If Yes, can one include the kids of those who had given birth among the children?

Lastly, what documents are needed aside passport for the main beneficiaries? And hope the children wont be required to bring documents also

Sorry for the multiple questions cheesy
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kellycute(m): 5:58pm On Aug 04, 2019
Good to be here
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 1:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
Let’s break the silence here! Interview went well last week. This forum really helped; thanks to everyone.
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?
Then she said I will go ahead and approve your visa. ���� She said they will text me when the visa is ready for pick up. Does anyone know know how many days? And do I have to call DHL or embassy to check if it’s ready

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tbabe11:
Let’s break the silence here! Interview went well last week. This forum really helped; thanks to everyone.
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?
Then she said I will go ahead and approve your visa. ���� She said they will text me when the visa is ready for pick up. Does anyone know know how many days? And do I have to call DHL or embassy to check if it’s ready
Congratulations
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ifunanyamaka: 3:59pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tbabe11:
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?

Congratulations. No need. They'll send you an email or text message when it's ready for pick up. You can track your visa to know when it gets issues using the CEAC status check website. Link below
https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by APOPTOSIS: 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tbabe11:
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?
Congratulations
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:00pm On Aug 06, 2019
oseikofi:

Yes Hopefully they see the mail !please Let us know how it goes when you call them.

I am in an almost similar situation. I went for my interview but I was not given the visa and was told by the consular officer that My petitioner has naturalized and for that reason my case is now F1 category instead of the original F2B category. But NVC had procrssed my case under F2B category not sure why they did not inform the embassy.All my documents were taken by the consular , only my passport was given back to me. From research from other forums they mention i get an “Approval notice from USCIS” since they have the authority to grant opt out . I wrote USCIS a letter and got the Opt-out approval notice. Now i reach back to the support Ghana and they said my visa has been approved and my visa will be mailed to DHL wwhen they finish compiling my packet.

My confusion is , I still have my passport with me from my initial interview when they said my case is not current under F1 but now i have move to F2B, how are they going to issue my visa ? Should i take my passport to the embassy ? How do they get my passport to put the visa inside since now they say my visa is approved ? Does anyone have idea on this or face similar situation? This process and waiting is very confusing . cry

Email the Embassy and update them. Attach your opt out Approval letter as well and the letter the USCIS Accra wrote to you. They shoukd correct it as soon as possible and issue your visa.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:06pm On Aug 06, 2019
yemco74:
i will like to find out,if the american embassy accept sworn affidavit for declaration of age.my wife lost her birth certificate and we need to upload the document urgently.

Go and get the National attestation of birth records. That is what is recognized. If you live in lagos, i think their office is in Surulere.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:15pm On Aug 06, 2019
hammed71:
guys please don't be annoyed ooo, concerning the NPC birth certificate, I learnt my two parents name will be on the certificate, my issue is that my mother and father are married but not living together and no form of court marriage and my mother still uses her father surname.will be wise to use my father's surname for my on the certificate or just use her father's surname as her surname and also will the two(mother and father)different surnames cause problem for me during immigration? thank you.

How na. They will put their current names on there. They just need to see your sworn affidavit, with your parents names and there. They will type it in the national population certificate. Are you not bearing your fathers name? That shouldn't be a problem. My mom's name was different from my dads name, cos it was my stepdads name that was her Surname and it was on attestation of birth. Wasn't an issue at all.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:27pm On Aug 06, 2019
Tbabe11:
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?

Mine took 2working days. I went for interview on a Wednesday, by Friday i got the email late in the evening that my Visa is ready for pickup. But i went to DHL office on monday morning to pick it up. You don't call them. You will receive an email from them. Some say they get Text message. Just keep checking your mail.

To think How time flies. By this time last year, i was getting ready for my interview on August 15 and now i am almost a Year in the states. For you guys waiting for yours it will come soon and everything will fall into place. Just hang in there, all will be well.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 8:36pm On Aug 06, 2019
olu4life:
Hi guys, please I have series of questions o.

So my aunt filed for all her siblings, their spouse and children in 2006.
We got a letter 2009 stating it was still in process.
Never heard anything till 2 months ago. Sent letter with deadline of less than a year to submit documents and go for interview. Waiting on other siblings so as to file together by my aunt's petitioner.

My questions
What's the feasibility of their spouse been granted?

As at 2006, some of the children were 20 below. But now, way over 30yrs, any possibility for them?

If Yes, can one include the kids of those who had given birth among the children?

Lastly, what documents are needed aside passport for the main beneficiaries? And hope the children wont be required to bring documents also

Sorry for the multiple questions cheesy

This is a question you should ask the Visa officers on nairaland,.
But with the little knowledge about it we can still help but i also strongly recommend you throw the question on the V.O's thread. This thread is just based on peoples experiences and little knowledge about the immigration processing.
The V.o's give you an accurate information.

Siblings filed Cases, if the beneficiary is married, his Family will go with him. Wife and Underaged Children. But of cos all their Visa Fees and immigrant fees would be paid for even to a baby.

2) Any adult Children would have Aged out, they will NOT be included ., So that means the adult children's parents will be the ones to file for them after they have left for the U.S.

Any Kids if the siblings who have given birth can be included, as long as they are underaged.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kcluv2men(m): 6:02am On Aug 07, 2019
CR1 issued today! Thanks guys

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fendorf(m): 6:42am On Aug 07, 2019
Tbabe11:
Interview Questions :
Who filed for you?
Where is she?
Where is she working?
How about your dad?
how much did you spend on medicals?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olu4life(m): 11:38am On Aug 07, 2019
pretty16:

This is a question you should ask the Visa officers on nairaland,.
But with the little knowledge about it we can still help but i also strongly recommend you throw the question on the V.O's thread. This thread is just based on peoples experiences and little knowledge about the immigration processing.
The V.o's give you an accurate information.

Siblings filed Cases, if the beneficiary is married, his Family will go with him. Wife and Underaged Children. But of cos all their Visa Fees and immigrant fees would be paid for even to a baby.

2) Any adult Children would have Aged out, they will NOT be included ., So that means the adult children's parents will be the ones to file for them after they have left for the U.S.

Any Kids if the siblings who have given birth can be included, as long as they are underaged.
Thank you.
Doing that right away
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dododanwa: 5:23pm On Aug 07, 2019
Congratulations .

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by dododanwa: 5:27pm On Aug 07, 2019
Hello everyone, can someone pls enlighten me on how to creat an online Uscis account.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 7:49pm On Aug 07, 2019
fendorf:
how much did you spend on medicals?

About 76k. I did it at Q life.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 7:50pm On Aug 07, 2019
[quote author=pretty16 post=81009279]

Mine took 2working days. I went for interview on a Wednesday, by Friday i got the email late in the evening that my Visa is ready for pickup. But i went to DHL office on monday morning to pick it up. You don't call them. You will receive an email from them. Some say they get Text message. Just keep checking your mail.

To think How time flies. By this time last year, i was getting ready for my interview on August 15 and now i am almost a Year in the states. For you guys waiting for yours it will come soon and everything will fall into place. Just hang in there, all will be well.

Thank you for the information

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 7:54pm On Aug 07, 2019
Thanks for the information

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fendorf(m): 8:32pm On Aug 07, 2019
Tbabe11:

About 76k. I did it at Q life.
with all vaccines? Did you go with your immunization record/card?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 7:30am On Aug 08, 2019
Pretty16 u are doing a great job in here...God bless you. It's been a while.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Tbabe11: 11:36am On Aug 08, 2019
fendorf:
with all vaccines? Did you go with your immunization record/card?

I went with my immunization record

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (178) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.