Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,498 members, 7,781,502 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:41 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (372287 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 9:33am On Oct 25, 2019
Laserman:
I'll suggest you go to National Population Commission at Surulere, to get an attestation of birth using the full names you have on your passport and other official documents.

thanks.What if I go to the highcourt and get an affidavit alone. wouldnt that suffice?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by fendorf(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2019
honharr:

thanks.What if I go to the highcourt and get an affidavit alone. wouldnt that suffice?
it won't suffice. The only recognized one is from npc
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2019
stevebless:

My brother filed for me in 2006 and I got my welcome letter by December 2018. Call it 13 years.
wow nobi small thing
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:41am On Oct 26, 2019
Taal17:

Do you think it will affect those who have already uploaded the current i864 form? I only had civic doc to upload before system maintenance kicked in. I honestly hope one wouldn't need to redo forms already uploaded
I'm not sure what to tell the parent I'm helping right now

Done, site is up. Thanks everyone
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 2:55pm On Oct 26, 2019
THIS IS FOR THE GUYS THAT ARE YET TO COME TO THE US. PLEASE, TRY AND GET AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOU COME BECAUSE THEY DON'T FULLY HONOUR OUR BSC OR MASTERS, UNLESS YOU'RE LUCKY. IT WILL HELP YOU GET A GOOD JOB FAST WHEN YOU GET HERE. WE WON'T WASH THEIR PLATES OR DO SECURITY FOR THEM. WE'LL TAKE UP THE GOOD JOBS. I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2019
stevebless:
THIS IS FOR THE GUYS THAT ARE YET TO COME TO THE US. PLEASE, TRY AND GET AN INTERNATIONALLY RECOGNIZED PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE BEFORE YOU COME BECAUSE THEY DON'T FULLY HONOUR OUR BSC OR MASTERS, UNLESS YOU'RE LUCKY. IT WILL HELP YOU GET A GOOD JOB FAST WHEN YOU GET HERE. WE WON'T WASH THEIR PLATES OR DO SECURITY FOR THEM. WE'LL TAKE UP THE GOOD JOBS. I WISH EVERYONE THE BEST.
international recognized certificate like what ?

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2019
Just got our welcome letter after 13 years with mixed feelings...under the F4 category.

We both have great jobs here
In Nigeria and we’re on the verge of cross posting to Dubai...

My kids are American citizens... born in America so it will be just the hubs and I going through the process.

Filing was done in april 2007

Now following the thread..

Glad to meet y’all
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Taal17: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2019
uchetobi:
Just got our welcome letter after 13 years with mixed feelings...under the F4 category.

My kids are American citizens... born in America so it will be just the hubs and I going through the process.

Filing was done in 2007 not sure of the specific date or when it will be current

Glad to meet y’all

It just gives you options but even then its not for everyone. May wisdom guide you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 4:25am On Oct 27, 2019
ibe003:
international recognized certificate like what ?
In any field of your choice. It'll give them more confidence to employ because they don't trust our UNILAG'S OR UNIBEN'S.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 4:33am On Oct 27, 2019
uchetobi:

Filing was done in april 2007

Glad to meet y’all
Congrats. Now you'll be back to the states with a green card. How I wish my kids are also US citizens, I'll just "dump" them with my mom to allow wifey and I upgrade ourselves and get great jobs.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 10:47am On Oct 27, 2019
stevebless:

Congrats. Now you'll be back to the states with a green card. How I wish my kids are also US citizens, I'll just "dump" them with my mom to allow wifey and I upgrade ourselves and get great jobs.

Thanks

But my kids are really young... I can’t leave them behind.

How old are yours?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 10:48am On Oct 27, 2019
Taal17:

It just gives you options but even then its not for everyone. May wisdom guide you

Amen, tnx

We are considering all options e.g maintaining the green card without fully moving or lobbying for a work transfer to the USA branch ..
It will be difficult to quit and move to uncertainty
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Bubu2016: 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2019
Panick mode!!!

My follow to join dependant children have been removed from my profile. Even my brother's kids. We are on f2b. Anyone knows whats going on?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by uchetobi(f): 10:23pm On Oct 27, 2019
Hi guys

Quick one.. my F4 petition was filed when I was single, now I’m married. When do I get to add derivative for my husband ? When filling the application form? Or is there another process?

Welcome letter had been received.

Thank you
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by kellycute(m): 6:32am On Oct 28, 2019
It is good to be here.... I still have couple of years to wait , I hope it worth the wait. I'm in F2b category.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by RAYSKIS: 9:17am On Oct 28, 2019
Congratulations!

Your spouse and children should accompany you to the interview. And every person in the case is charged the visa processing fee, even babies.... But in this your case i knew it is your hubby that needs to be added since your children are citizen already.... Best of luck Uchetobi cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2019
Hi everyone.

I misplaced the original attestation of birth that was submitted to NVC but i have the photocopy. Can I go with the photocopy instead or I request for another one from National Population Commission before the interview?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Beautyaddy: 4:01pm On Oct 28, 2019
olamie:
Hi everyone.

I misplaced the original attestation of birth that was submitted to NVC but i have the photocopy. Can I go with the photocopy instead or I request for another one from National Population Commission before the interview?

To be on a safer side why don't you just take the photocopied one to NPC and show them so that a more original one from the photocopied one can be done.

olamie:
Good day everyone.
I will like to find out something. My father filed for my 3 siblings and I was the only one who received the Immigrant Visa Interview Appointment email. Since the petition was filed together, I understand we will attend the interview together. What I don't understand is the fact that the interview letter was addressed to me alone. How do I print for my siblings because I heard we must take the letter for medicals.

Kindly help a sister.

Were you able to resolve the above last concerns of your?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 6:14pm On Oct 28, 2019
uchetobi:
Hi guys

Quick one.. my F4 petition was filed when I was single, now I’m married. When do I get to add derivative for my husband ? When filling the application form? Or is there another process?

Welcome letter had been received.

Thank you

Congratulations, you can send Nvc a mail with your attached marriage certificate .when you login add your derivative and once it's approved you will make payments for all.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 8:54am On Oct 29, 2019
Beautyaddy:

To be on a safer side why don't you just take the photocopied one to NPC and show them so that a more original one from the photocopied one can be done.

Were you able to resolve the above last concerns of your?

Thank you. I will try the option of obtaining another copy but if that does not work, can i get a new one and explain at the point of interview when asked?

About the interview letter for my siblings, we contacted the consulate in Lagos and they said their documents have not arrived, however, we have been asked to contact NVC about the status. All their documents have been approved but no case complete email.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Beautyaddy: 1:42pm On Oct 29, 2019
olamie:

Thank you. I will try the option of obtaining another copy but if that does not work, can i get a new one and explain at the point of interview when asked?

About the interview letter for my siblings, we contacted the consulate in Lagos and they said their documents have not arrived, however, we have been asked to contact NVC about the status. All their documents have been approved but no case complete email.

Okay, but even if you want to get a new one make sure it's the same information as the old one since you're taking the photocopied one and it's the same information they already have on file with USCIS.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by olamie: 3:34pm On Oct 29, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Okay, but even if you want to get a new one make sure it's the same information as the old one since you're taking the photocopied one and it's the same information they already have on file with USCIS.

Thank you.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Wilsub: 5:36pm On Oct 31, 2019
Went for our interview on the 10th of October, they asked for add document W2, I submitted on the 11th of October, status was updated to AP on the 15th of October, it was updated to ready on the 18th of October, went back to AP on the 24th of October, was updated to issued on the 28th October ,got a mail for pick up on the 29th , and I collected my family's passport with a sealed package on the 30th of October.

All thanks be to God almighty and to all those on this platform who assisted in one way or the other. And for those still waiting, you will all receive good news in no time by the grace of God. Amen

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ajenikoko89: 7:44pm On Oct 31, 2019
Wilsub:
Went for our interview on the 10th of October, they asked for add document W2, I submitted on the 11th of October, status was updated to AP on the 15th of October, it was updated to ready on the 18th of October, went back to AP on the 24th of October, was updated to issued on the 28th October ,got a mail for pick up on the 29th , and I collected my family's passport with a sealed package on the 30th of October.

All thanks be to God almighty and to all those on this platform who assisted in one way or the other. And for those still waiting, you will all receive good news in no time by the grace of God. Amen
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by IrepChrist: 10:21am On Nov 01, 2019
Wilsub:

Congratulations!!!!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 9:45pm On Nov 01, 2019
Wilsub:

Congratulation!

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by stevebless: 1:10am On Nov 02, 2019
Wilsub:

Congrats dear. Wish you a pleasant flight and a wonderful life here.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by bfn1: 10:50am On Nov 02, 2019
Very happy to find this thread. Thank you pretty16 and every other contributor in the house.

I-130 applicant

Got my notification email from NVC on 28th October. A very long wait.

I have just paid the fees for AoS and IV, and awaiting confirmation.

I'll sure need the kind guidance of everyone here, but I'll take my time to read through the pages first.

Thank you!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 2:13pm On Nov 02, 2019
bfn1:
Very happy to find this thread. Thank you pretty16 and every other contributor in the house.

I-130 applicant

Got my notification email from NVC on 28th October. A very long wait.

I have just paid the fees for AoS and IV, and awaiting confirmation.

I'll sure need the kind guidance of everyone here, but I'll take my time to read through the pages first. How long did yours took?

Thank you!
how long did yours took

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (178) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.