Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,598 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:16 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (84) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (372168 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (178) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Adeyinka031: 6:39am On Feb 22, 2020
Does it mean that those who had their interview before 21st but required additional documents are not affected?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Kennytowel: 7:25am On Feb 22, 2020
Adeyinka031:
Does it mean that those who had their interview before 21st but required additional documents are not affected?

Yesterday was 21st I haven't seen any news about the immigration ban being implemented yet.
If it was it will have made headlines.

Let's see what happens today.

If you want to be certain about your status contact nvc on Monday and they will tell you as it is
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Adeyinka031: 7:27am On Feb 22, 2020
Kennytowel:

Yesterday was 21st I haven't seen any news about the immigration ban being implemented yet.

If you want to be certain about your status contact nvc on Monday and they will tell you as it is
It’s on https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 9:26am On Feb 22, 2020
Kennytowel:

Apparently they start refusing from Monday 24th. They can still honor up to end of Friday 21st
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 9:27am On Feb 22, 2020
Adeyinka031:

It’s on https://ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No

That is not a US government website. It is owned by immigration visa contractors.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 9:29am On Feb 22, 2020
Stancima:

This cannot be from a qualified immigration lawyer based in the US; except he is not in touch with the events surrounding the ban. This ban has already gone to court and has been settled. It was contested by immigration lawyers, the Democrats and nationals of the countries which were placed on the first travel ban. After 1year in court, the supreme court ruled in favor of the Trump administration and asserted that the presidential proclamation stands ahead of any other law since the ban is hinged on the security of life and properties of the American people. I have realized that in a bid to sound positive or seek solace in the face of hope, many people have gone ahead to disseminate falsehood about this ban. ANYONE WHOSE INTERVIEW DATE IS AFTER 21st FEBRUARY IS SUBJECT TO THIS BAN; both immediate and "non-immediate" relatives. Also, I have noticed talks about public charge rule which are being misrepresented here as well. Public charge rule has nothing to do with the immigration ban and is a totally different thing. It simply deals with limitations on the immigration rights of individuals who are dependent on government benefits. By that, the government wants only those who can support themselves to seek green cards and/or naturalization.
I am compelled to make this comment because some of us benefitted from this thread during the processing of our immigrant petitions and would want the right information to be deposited here for consumption. The idea that immediate relative or applications filed before the ban or approved before the ban are exempted completely negates the information given by the DHS and which the DHS has re-echoed severally.

Oops. By end of Monday we will all know for sure where all this is going.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Spanishmilf(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2020
Everything is on assumption
Shioor
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by ibe003(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
Latest update from uscis today

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2020
Adeyinka031:

If you had your interview before 21st and the Visa officer requested for additional documentation, you may still be able to get your Visa. The Visa officer could have issued your Visa hinged on the condition of the extra documentation. By this, your case was heard and conditionally concluded before the ban. All things being equal, I don't forsee you having any problems.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 1:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
Adeyinka031:

Not everyone including the consulate staff are happy with the ban. I won't be surprised if there were visas issued yesterday. The ban takes effect on 21st, however the time zone used is a time zone in the United States which could allow some early morning appointments in Nigeria to scale through yesterday. So I won't be surprised if some persons were issued yesterday.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 1:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
ibe003:
Latest update from uscis today

Thanks for sharing this. I had earlier on advised those who wish to proceed with their appointment to go with all the documents they believe will gain them a waiver. This document shows that the US embassy in Nigeria is approaching the matter same way as in the other countries that have been on the ban. What we are not sure yet is if the approval rate and processing time for the waiver will be the same. If it is, then it doesn't make sense (6% approval rate and over 1year processing time).
The ban looks like it would be resolved before that processing time elapses.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 2:25pm On Feb 22, 2020
You are very practical, objective and positive. Please keep it up. Thanks all the info. Cheers!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Amigo101(m): 2:26pm On Feb 22, 2020
Stancima:

Thanks for sharing this. I had earlier on advised those who wish to proceed with their appointment to go with all the documents they believe will gain them a waiver. This document shows that the US embassy in Nigeria is approaching the matter same way as in the other countries that have been on the ban. What we are not sure yet is if the approval rate and processing time for the waiver will be the same. If it is, then it doesn't make sense (6% approval rate and over 1year processing time).
The ban looks like it would be resolved before that processing time elapses.

You are very practical, objective and positive. Please keep it up. Thanks for all the info. Cheers!

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 2:48pm On Feb 22, 2020
Is it a good idea to go for the interview with incomplete documents thereby shifting you to administrative processing instead of a decision to deny because of the ban?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2020
emonkey:
Is it a good idea to go for the interview with incomplete documents thereby shifting you to administrative processing instead of a decision to deny because of the ban?

I am not sure which option is considered best way to delay the procedure at this time. This depends on individuals. The pace of the immigrant petition is under the petitioners control as soon as you get into the NVC stage. For example, if you are asked to pay Visa fee, or submit affidavit of support/tax clearance certificate or police character clearance etc, you can control the progression by delaying on submission of the above. However, if the ban is lifted and you are not done with these processes, applicants who have gone through those steps would get ahead of you on the queue. Now this is not a problem for someone who is not in any hurry. Another option is to schedule interview, attend it and opt for a waiver. If the ban is lifted before conclusion of your waiver application, you're automatically in queue for your Visa collection if the consular officer had established that the only reason you weren't issued the Visa was the ban. Lastly, the USCIS says you may proceed to schedule an interview which means you may also decide not to schedule one. The question is, if you conclude all your documentations with NVC, are you automatically assigned an interview date or given the opportunity to choose if you want to move ahead or place the application on hold? This is a question applicants should ask the NVC and the US consulate in Nigeria. Another point of ENQUIRY is; if an application is denied on the interview day due to the reason of ban, what happens when the ban is lifted? Will those denied Visa requests be resuscitated automatically or would applicants have to appeal the decision to bring the application back on track? This is another question for the DHS/NVC and the consulate in Nigeria. Answers to these questions from these authorities would help shapen the way forward. So let everyone start filling the enquiry forms and sending messages and making calls. In the next few weeks, we may have more information than we bargained.

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Anoni2: 6:41pm On Feb 22, 2020
Stancima:

I am not sure which option is considered best way to delay the procedure at this time. This depends on individuals. The pace of the immigrant petition is under the petitioners control as soon as you get into the NVC stage. For example, if you are asked to pay Visa fee, or submit affidavit of support/tax clearance certificate or police character clearance etc, you can control the progression by delaying on submission of the above. However, if the ban is lifted and you are not done with these processes, applicants who have gone through those steps would get ahead of you on the queue. Now this is not a problem for someone who is not in any hurry. Another option is to schedule interview, attend it and opt for a waiver. If the ban is lifted before conclusion of your waiver application, you're automatically in queue for your Visa collection if the consular officer had established that the only reason you weren't issued the Visa was the ban. Lastly, the USCIS says you may proceed to schedule an interview which means you may also decide not to schedule one. The question is, if you conclude all your documentations with NVC, are you automatically assigned an interview date or given the opportunity to choose if you want to move ahead or place the application on hold? This is a question applicants should ask the NVC and the US consulate in Nigeria. Another point of ENQUIRY is; if an application is denied on the interview day due to the reason of ban, what happens when the ban is lifted? Will those denied Visa requests be resuscitated automatically or would applicants have to appeal the decision to bring the application back on track? This is another question for the DHS/NVC and the consulate in Nigeria. Answers to these questions from these authorities would help shapen the way forward. So let everyone start filling the enquiry forms and sending messages and making calls. In the next few weeks, we may have more information than we bargained.
Well noted! Ok so can there be an exception because the applicant is pregnant and knows the earlier she travels the better for her on health grounds !
Will there be an exception for such a person?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 8:30pm On Feb 22, 2020
Stancima:

1. After your documents are complete NVC notifies you and tell you to wait for interview date.
2. NVC then contacts the Consulate in Lagos to ask for available dates
3. NVC contacts you about 2 weeks later to inform you of your interview date.
You cannot schedule interviews by yourself for immigrant visa, the Consulate cannot also give or change interview date for you. This has to be done by NVC.
I made enquiry and received automated reply.

I have been made to believe that Consulate has no say on family based immigration application . Therefore I don’t know how waivers for this class is of relevance.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 8:37pm On Feb 22, 2020
Rescheduling or cancelling your interview (from https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/LGS-Lagos.html

If you are unable to attend your appointment, please email LagosIV@state.gov for immigrant and Diversity visa cases. If you are applying for a K1 or fiancé visa, please go to support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. There may be a significant wait before the next available appointment, so please attempt to attend the date already assigned. For some family-based and employment preference visa categories, a visa became available within the month you have been scheduled by NVC. DV applicants should be aware that visas are numerically limited and must be issued by September 30 of the program year. There is no guarantee that a visa will still be available on the date of your rescheduled interview. Please carefully consult the Visa Bulletin before you request to reschedule your interview.

Please note: You need to create an account online with our customer service provider (see Step 1) before you can reschedule an appointment. Rescheduling is only possible on a date after your assigned appointment.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 8:53pm On Feb 22, 2020
Thank you for your email.

Our appointment booking is currently handled by a Visa Support Services firm (CGI-Federal), which allows applicants to reschedule their appointment at their convenience.

In order to reschedule an interview appointment and pick up your immigrant visa issued in Lagos, you MUST complete the following steps:

Create an account on www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Once you create an account, you will need to create/register a profile.
You must schedule your visa interview appointment by following the instructions athttp://www.ustraveldocs.com. You will need your DOS case numbers (LGS..) to schedule the interview.

Once you have scheduled/rescheduled your immigrant visa appointment, you are required to follow up by email to LagosIV@state.gov so that we may confirm your scheduled/rescheduled appointment. Also be informed that you need one appointment for the whole family if you all share same LGS case number.

Creating an account and rescheduling an interview is free. If you are having problems accessing or using the online appointment system (http://www.ustraveldocs.com), you may contact:support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or +23412278955.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 8:55pm On Feb 22, 2020
emonkey:
Thank you for your email.

Our appointment booking is currently handled by a Visa Support Services firm (CGI-Federal), which allows applicants to reschedule their appointment at their convenience.

In order to reschedule an interview appointment and pick up your immigrant visa issued in Lagos, you MUST complete the following steps:

Create an account on www.ustraveldocs.com/ng.
Once you create an account, you will need to create/register a profile.
You must schedule your visa interview appointment by following the instructions athttp://www.ustraveldocs.com. You will need your DOS case numbers (LGS....) to schedule the interview.

Once you have scheduled/rescheduled your immigrant visa appointment, you are required to follow up by email to LagosIV@state.gov so that we may confirm your scheduled/rescheduled appointment. Also be informed that you need one appointment for the whole family if you all share same LGS case number.

Creating an account and rescheduling an interview is free. If you are having problems accessing or using the online appointment system (http://www.ustraveldocs.com), you may contact:support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com or +23412278955.

However when you try to create account the website will not permit you, it tells you that only NVC can reschedule immigrant visa.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by TruthFM(m): 9:19pm On Feb 22, 2020
Guys I had my interview on Thursday the 20th and my visa was approved. I asked the VO after the interview if I won't get affected by the ban and he said no, he added that the visa would be issued the same day as he has everything he needs. I checked my case status yesterday and it was already issued and to be picked up hopefully this week. I can't say the same for those who were told to bring additional document as approvals can't be made until the submitted documents are confirmed which won't fly through as visa issuance is now on merit basis.

Goodluck to everyone who is in line and I hope this ban gets lifted ASAP.

P. S. LEXUS ES330 for sale at giveaway price cheesy

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by honharr(m): 9:23pm On Feb 22, 2020
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by PhantomXcess: 9:27pm On Feb 22, 2020
How much? Let's talk on email.

TruthFM:
Guys I had my interview on Thursday the 20th and my visa was approved. I asked the VO after the interview if I won't get affected by the ban and he said no, he added that the visa would be issued the same day as he has everything he needs. I checked my case status yesterday and it was already issued and to be picked up hopefully this week. I can't say the same for those who were told to bring additional document as approvals can't be made until the submitted documents are confirmed which won't fly through as visa issuance is now on merit basis.

Goodluck to everyone who is in line and I hope this ban gets lifted ASAP.

P. S. LEXUS ES330 for sale at giveaway price cheesy
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by paosca20: 9:34pm On Feb 22, 2020
Kennytowel:

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by paosca20: 9:35pm On Feb 22, 2020
emonkey:

That is not a US government website. It is owned by immigration visa contractors.

Very funny
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by paosca20: 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2020
Does this ban affect K-1 visa?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by emonkey(m): 9:45pm On Feb 22, 2020
paosca20:

Very funny

Error accepted
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by paosca20: 10:00pm On Feb 22, 2020
emonkey:

Error accepted

Noted bro!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Ziniora: 10:01pm On Feb 22, 2020
Wow, I guess back to the endless wait of the past to even get approval. What next?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 1:12am On Feb 23, 2020
Anoni2:

Well noted! Ok so can there be an exception because the applicant is pregnant and knows the earlier she travels the better for her on health grounds !
Will there be an exception for such a person?

The grounds for waiver is that you are an immediate relative and would have to prove that not granting the Visa at that time will bring undue hardship to you. If the applicant is a spouse or child under 21 then she qualifies for immediate relative. As for the second condition, being pregnant in a normally progressing pregnancy does not necessarily constitute an urgent health threat as antenatal care can be obtained in Nigeria. However, if there are unique situations around the applicant, her pregnancy and family that makes you feel a compelling arguement can be made in this regard, you can put up a case for it. You might want to bounce the idea off an immigration lawyer first.
Best wishes.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sabyna29: 5:40am On Feb 23, 2020
RAYSKIS:

@In accordance with the attached pdf file, i will suggest you shouldn't postpone the interview date.....you will surely be granted...Best of luck.

The new Public Charge Rule is not retroactive and will apply only to applications filed after the effective date. Applications and petitions already pending with USCIS on Feb. 24, or postmarked prior to that date, will not be subject to the updated public charge rule.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Sabyna29: 5:46am On Feb 23, 2020
davido05:
I got mine too today. Am just confused with this ban issues .

Pls can u email me, sabinaobidinnu@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) ... (178) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.