Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,407 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:06 PM

Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project (10680 Views)

Car Audio Installation Experts / See The New TESLA Roadster Y Concept Study / Knowing The Perfect Car Body Type You Need Before You Purchase A New Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by cyborg123(m): 10:53pm On Nov 17, 2017
I'm highly curious about how you intend to improvise. The only area I'm seeing as feasible might be too high. That is above the rear windshield.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 5:27pm On Nov 19, 2017
cyborg123:
I'm highly curious about how you intend to improvise. The only area I'm seeing as feasible might be too high. That is above the rear windshield.
Yes o. You're not far from the truth. smiley

It's generally along that vertical axis ( the sprinkler opening)

I resorted to mounting on the bumper. Was a helluva task but Came out nice.
Will upload images and details later

3 Likes

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by earthrealm(m): 11:56pm On Dec 22, 2017
bizzle2:

Yes o. You're not far from the truth. smiley

It's generally along that vertical axis ( the sprinkler opening)

I resorted to mounting on the bumper. Was a helluva task but Came out nice.
Will upload images and details later

yeah the crv and 2nd gen rav4 have that problem of offcenter location. in one of my installations, i didnt bother centralizing it, just that the driver needs to be aware and compensate with the side mirrors

Omoakin5:
bro let us know more about this cccam oo

see a night shot of my reverse screen ..very very bright

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:45pm On Jan 19, 2018
earthrealm:

yeah the crv and 2nd gen rav4 have that problem of offcenter location. in one of my installations, i didnt bother centralizing it, just that the driver needs to be aware and compensate with the side mirrors

see a night shot of my reverse screen ..very very bright

I cut a small flap into the bumper and was able to install @ dead centre. , and its been dandy so far.

The tyre has more or less served as protection from rear impact.

2 Likes

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 11:03pm On Jan 19, 2018
Been very busy ...well.... mostly too lazy, to update on my camera install.

Below are images of the daytime view at two locations.

New pioneer models allow you to directly access the camera function from within the menu ( turn on the camera while driving etc) So I initially powered the camera from a direct 12v source, and also connected a trigger line from the head unit to the reverse lights allowing me to :

1.Turn the camera on regardless of whether the car is in reverse or not.

2. Automatically trigger the camera when the vehicle is thrown in reverse .

This was a good setup, but it came with a disadvantage...

I later decided to disconnect the constant power to the cam because that meant the camera constantly stayed "ON" , and according to information i read on some forums, having the camera ON at all times would increase the likelihood of burning out. So i am currently left with automatic trigger ( when the vehicle goes into reverse).
So I powered the camera by tapping into the reverse light.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by cyborg123(m): 12:23am On Jan 20, 2018
Nice.

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by sonety2k(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2018
Following !

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by earthrealm(m): 5:10pm On Feb 19, 2018
bizzle2:
Been very busy ...well.... mostly too lazy, to update on my camera install.

Below are images of the daytime view at two locations.

New pioneer models allow you to directly access the camera function from within the menu ( turn on the camera while driving etc) So I initially powered the camera from a direct 12v source, and also connected a trigger line from the head unit to the reverse lights allowing me to :

1.Turn the camera on regardless of whether the car is in reverse or not.

2. Automatically trigger the camera when the vehicle is thrown in reverse .

This was a good setup, but it came with a disadvantage...

I later decided to disconnect the constant power to the cam because that meant the camera constantly stayed "ON" , and according to information i read on some forums, having the camera ON at all times would increase the likelihood of burning out. So i am currently left with automatic trigger ( when the vehicle goes into reverse).
So I powered the camera by tapping into the reverse light.

nice...dead center instead of off center....another way of installing it would be to add an additional on switch, so you can view the reverse cam without necessarily engaging the reverse gear.
this tragedy may hv been averted if the car had a reverse cam

http://punchng.com/masaris-aide-kills-own-daughter-with-car/
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 7:29pm On Feb 23, 2018
earthrealm:

nice...dead center instead of off center....another way of installing it would be to add an additional on switch, so you can view the reverse cam without necessarily engaging the reverse gear.
this tragedy may hv been averted if the car had a reverse cam

http://punchng.com/masaris-aide-kills-own-daughter-with-car/

Yep Yep, backup cams are an absolute necessity, I have come to see this.
I find it quite suprising tho, Most of these guys drive high end recent model vehicles, and most recent model vehicles come equipped with reverse cams ,

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 10:16pm On Mar 11, 2018
Night shot....

Great stuff Even tyre threadmarks are visible

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by kingreign(m): 8:22am On Mar 12, 2018
bizzle2:
Night shot....

Great stuff Even tyre threadmarks are visible
Impressive

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by bizzle2: 2:48am On Mar 13, 2018
kingreign:

Impressive
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by toptentech: 12:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
According to the Toptentech.net, and a few other review sites, ....this is ranked the best value for money backup camera.
With an impressive allround performance , and one of the best night vision performance on the market, it was a good choice.

I searched ebay and amazon for this bad boy but couldn't get it. For reasons that beat me, only Crutchfield, and a few other car electronics dealers carried the model. This I found quite suprising.

Review Link
https://toptentech.net/best-backup-cameras-with-night-vision/
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by Lmaomen1(m): 8:30pm On Aug 24, 2020
it depends on the head unit you use
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by DominicWhite: 8:36pm On Aug 24, 2020
Thank you for your comments, pictures, and tips. I'm also looking for a head unit for my car. I want to find the best head unit for an affordable price. And I hope I can find what I'm looking for. Moreover, the design of the head unit also matters, because I have a sports car and I need to find a head unit that will fit it. And so I found a blog where you can read the best single DIN head unit reviews. The problem is that there are so many options out there and I can't choose the best one. If you can give me some advice, I will appreciate it.
Re: Creating The Perfect CAR AUDIO Sound Stage & Music Experience. My D-I-Y Project by proclinician: 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2020
So today this evening my audio system has no sound from the speakers. It worked in the morning as I was going to work. But this evening as I wan go house, the head unit is playing the vcd normally but the entire speakers have no atom of sound. I switched to Bluetooth, radio and back to CD no sound. Any ideas?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Can I Buy A Car From Cheki.com / Singapore To Stop Adding Cars To City From February 2018 / 12 Emergency Essentials You Should Always Keep In Your Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.