Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities (4328 Views)

Ebhomielen Ofure Mary Had 7.0 CGPA At The University Of Ibadan / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities. / New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Dapromzy333(m): 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2017
The NUC is no longer using a scale of 5, the new system is based on a scale of 4. First Class is 3.5 – 4 . Second Class is 3 – 3.49 . Second class lower is 2.0 – 2.99.

I was shocked that upon recalculation my CGPA which was 4.0 using the scale of 5 turned to 2.93 in the scale of 4 , not even up to second class upper.

Is not good ?

http://solutionclass.com/forum2_theme_111995805.xhtml?tema=1857

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 10, 2017
Lawd...this must be a joke
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by izzou(m): 8:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
grin

This country is good at modifying poo poo

What change or positivity will this add to our educational system?

Some times, I usually wish I never attended the university. If I had spent the last five years studying programming or network security with the help or Google and YouTube, am sure that I would have been more successful

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by icore: 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hmmmm..... Not the best thing to do now. cry cry Many things need improvement not CGPA.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 5:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Dapromzy333:
The NUC is no longer using a scale of 5, the new system is based on a scale of 4. First Class is 3.5 – 4 . Second Class is 3 – 3.49 . Second class lower is 2.0 – 2.99.

I was shocked that upon recalculation my CGPA which was 4.0 using the scale of 5 turned to 2.93 in the scale of 4 , not even up to second class upper.

Is not good ?

When you recalculate your GPA, do it course by course, semester by semester. Not just multiplying your GPA/5 × 4. Do that and recheck.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Xsem(m): 7:13am On Aug 11, 2017
Rubbish!!of what use will it be to us?
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by lilprodigy(m): 7:27am On Aug 11, 2017
izzou:
grin

This country is good at modifying poo poo

What change or positivity will this add to our educational system?

Some times, I usually wish I never attended the university. If I had spent the last five years studying programming or network security with the help or Google and YouTube, am sure that I would have been more successful
you speak my mind.Education in Nigeria is overrated.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Schoolguy9(m): 7:31am On Aug 11, 2017
hmmm.. If this is true, then something has to be done about it.

Without much ado, I bring you this important information you really have to look into.
See The Top 10 Reasons Why You Should Study Microbiology In The University. It is quite detailed.
Please, don't fail to click it.
https://schoolpulse..co.ke/2017/08/see-top-10-reasons-why-you-shiuld-study.html
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by hushhappy: 8:46am On Aug 11, 2017
yyes am goin for a new degree to make my clen first class

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by ib0221: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2017
AnonyNymous:

When you recalculate your GOA, do it course by course, semester by semester. Not just multiplying your GPA/5 × 4. Do that and recheck.
Sorry, what is the meaning of GOA.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by KingRex1(m): 10:42am On Aug 11, 2017
This is tougher
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 11, 2017
ib0221:
Sorry, what is the meaning of GOA.
I meant GPA. It was a typo.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Raintaker(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2017
Lies.
There is no standard for overall CGPA Scale.
Some schools run theirs on a scale of 4 , some on a scale of 5 ,while others run theirs on a scale of 7.

By the way contact me via my signature if you need any item on Jumia.

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by sinaj(f): 11:46am On Aug 11, 2017
Raintaker:
Lies.
There is no standard for overall CGPA Scale.
Some schools run theirs on a scale of 4 , some on a scale of 5 ,while others run theirs on a scale of 7.
All Federal nd State run their degree courses on a scale of 5, while polytechnic run theirs on a scale of 4. I don't know of private Unis tho.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by davbravo(m): 11:53am On Aug 11, 2017
sinaj:
All Federal nd State run their degree courses on a scale of 5, while polytechnic run theirs on a scale of 4. I don't know of private Unis tho.
not totally true. At least I know UI uses 7.0 and KWASU 4.0
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Raintaker(m): 12:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
sinaj:
Not all federal Unis.
University of Ibadan run theirs on a scale of 7.0

Modified:I just confirmed now, all schools have now been directed to revert to a 4.0 scale.

UI used to run theirs on a 7.0 scale sha.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by sinaj(f): 12:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
Raintaker:
Not all federal Unis.
University of Ibadan run theirs on a scale of 7.0

Modified:I just confirmed now, all schools have now been directed to revert to a 4.0 scale.

UI used to run theirs on a 7.0 scale sha.
wow 4 scale? This is really serz o!

Nt kul at all.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by sinaj(f): 12:44pm On Aug 11, 2017
davbravo:
not totally true. At least I know UI uses 7.0 and KWASU 4.0
ok I didn't knw. Thanks btw.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 11, 2017
But where is lalasticlala sef grin grin
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Raintaker(m): 1:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
sinaj:

Nt kul at all.
grin
sinaj:

Nt kul at all.
I don't think there will be any difference, just mode of calculation will change . What you obtain over 5.0 scale and what you obtain over 4.0 will be d same after careful conversion.
Just a difference in range stuff, and I think it's a welcome development, we won't need to convert our GPA to the foreign scale anymore when applying to foreign Units for advance degrees.�

You were on my thread yesterday, do u still need d beard oil/stimulator?
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by sinaj(f): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
Raintaker:
grin
I don't think there will be any difference, just mode of calculation will change . What you obtain over 5.0 scale and what you obtain over 4.0 will be d same after careful conversion.
Just a difference in range stuff, and I think it's a welcome development, we won't need to convert our GPA to the foreign scale anymore when applying to foreign Units for advance degrees.�

You were on my thread yesterday, do u still need d beard oil/stimulator?
lol I don't need again grin

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by Dapromzy333(m): 1:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
lala!!
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by ogawisdom(m): 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
Circular passed in 2016 op must be a goat

4 points system was debated and rejected 5 points system is still in use.

Advantages of 4 points system
1. No more pass or 3rd class degree
2. No more E grade or better still E grade becomes F grade

1 Like

Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by dapoalabi91: 2:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
sinaj:
that is wrong sir. University of Ibadan runs hers on a scale of 7
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by odoguma(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
Recruiting Now!

Are you out of school and in need of a short term job to make money before resumption. Look no further.
Iroko Tv is now recruiting for Offline Sales Agent who will sell their subscription vouchers to existing and new customer.
Basic Salary: 25K
On-Time target: 40 to 60K and above.
Application is by sending in CV to erecruiter@erecnigeria.com with the email subject "Offline Sales Agent - (Location) "

They now have openings for Offline Sales Agents in various locations in Lagos.

Locations include:

- Ikeja
- Victoria Island
- Surulere
- Lekki
- Alimosho
- Isolo/Okota
- Yaba
- Ajah
- Maryland
- Trade Fair/Alaba
- Iyana Ipaja/Idimu
- Ketu
- Ikorodu
- Apapa
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
Dapromzy333:

Is not good ?

How can second class lower have such a wide margin. In saner climes, it's from 2.5 to 2.99 on a 4.0. Why does everything in Nigeria have to be abnormal.
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by sinaj(f): 5:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
dapoalabi91:

that is wrong sir. University of Ibadan runs hers on a scale of 7
noted Ma
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by tbabs10166(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
sinaj:
ok I didn't knw. Thanks btw.
I don't knw abt other schools but ui no longer use 7.0 scale, they now run the 4.0 scale
Re: New Score Grading And CGPA System In Nigerian Universities by oldfoolnigger(m): 8:13pm On Aug 11, 2017
Unibadan already using this since the beginning of this new year academic calender lah.

This model seems to be tough sha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nekede, Aptitude Test Exercise postponed... / Just In!!! World Map Has Been Updated / FGGC Benin - Info For Short Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.