Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,845 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 12:13 AM

Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website (1698 Views)

Kudos To Seun As He Cleanses Nairaland. / Today Is Seun Osewa Birthday...let's Show Him Love (post Your Greetings) / Appeal To Seun Osewa On Animal Cruelty Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hi Programlanders,
I will start by apologizing first to everyone on this board for the untimely death of dhtml18 (my older self).

My exit seems to have generated some kind of RIOT which I do not really like.

For those that are interested, though my platform has been in existence for say 4 years now, but it has always been in pre-alpha stage.

Right now, it is now finally in alpha stage - which means that it is not complete, as a matter of fact, I restarted the codes and everything less than 2 weeks ago.

And thanks to those that have been reviewing, I have a very looooong todo-list, and I intend to do almost everything.

Now message to Seun. @Seun all this started because you flagged my site without notice, and I was banned for no justifiable reason at a time.

Now, I realize this is a private forum and we must accept whatever you do. However, you could have prevented all this by a simple communication e.g. A PM saying: dhtml18, please pay before you make any post of your startup e.t.c Since it has become a crime now to share your startup.

Now, as for all of you people criticizing my startup saying all sorts, I will ask you to be patient, as it still needs time to grow.

Now, back to Seun - my say is this - when my platform passes the Beta stage, and I am ready to officially launch, I shall do a paid nairaland advert.

This is just a case of a simple misunderstanding that proper communication could have solved. Now you may not know it, but all this RIOT is drawing too much traffic to my platform, and I am not really ready for that yet.

I am still building themes and core plugins, and lots of feature requests are trooping in. A hacker even tried to take over the platform, that was why I quickly bought SSL to padlock the site, the strain of all this is telling on me.

And to my ex-forum members, please stop giving me bad-reps, if you are not interested in my platform, please do not visit it. You have stackoverflow, quora, medium, e.t.c so go to those places and dont come near my platform.

I have not at any time, and never will beg anyone to come to my platform. In just less than 2 weeks, I have nothing less than 500 signups, that is enough for now to test and move to the next stage.

And for those that are saying that you wish to contribute, you are welcome, I shall soon open a developer section where that will be possible.

And for the question on most people's mind - Am I coming back fully to Nairaland. That will depend on Seun Osewa's response to me (or this thread), I hold no grudges against anyone. Every platform has its rules, even on my own new platform, I have already banned some people for misconduct and deleted threads of some other people for not following rules (and yet I have not published any rules) but it is my site, my business - and if you dont like it, you can go to stackoverflow.

Peace people.
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Desyner: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2017
Good u stated ur own side of the story. He (NL) should av been open to you about the ban. If I was in seun's shoe, i wouldn't have loved the idea of a potential market rival promoting a platform on mine.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 10, 2017
dhtml81:
Hi Programlanders,
I will start by apologizing first to everyone on this board for the untimely death of dhtml18 (my older self).

For those that are interested, though my platform has been in existence for say 4 years now, but it has always been in pre-alpha stage.

Right now, it is now finally in alpha stage - which means that it is not complete, as a matter of fact, I restarted the codes and everything less than 2 weeks ago.

And thanks to those that have been reviewing, I have a very looooong todo-list, and I intend to do almost everything.

Now message to Seun. @Seun all this started because you flagged my site without notice, and I was banned for no justifiable reason at a time.

Now, I realize this is a private forum and we must accept whatever you do. However, you could have prevented all this by a simple communication e.g. A PM saying: dhtml18, please pay before you make any post of your startup e.t.c Since it has become a crime now to share your startup.

Now, as for all of you people criticizing my startup saying all sorts, I will ask you to be patient, as it still needs time to grow.

Now, back to Seun - my say is this - when my platform passes the Beta stage, and I am ready to officially launch, I shall do a paid nairaland advert.

This is just a case of a simple misunderstanding that proper communication could have solved. Now you may not know it, but all this RIOT is drawing too much traffic to my platform, and I am not really ready for that yet.

I am still building themes and core plugins, and lots of feature requests are trooping in. A hacker even tried to take over the platform, that was why I quickly bought SSL to padlock the site, the strain of all this is telling on me.

And to my ex-forum members, please stop giving me bad-reps, if you are not interested in my platform, please do not visit it. You have stackoverflow, quora, medium, e.t.c so go to those places and dont come near my platform.

I have not at any time, and never will beg anyone to come to my platform. In just less than 2 weeks, I have nothing less than 500 signups, that is enough for now to test and move to the next stage.

And for those that are saying that you wish to contribute, you are welcome, I shall soon open a developer section where that will be possible.

And for the question on most people's mind - Am I coming back fully to Nairaland. That will depend on Seun Osewa's response to me (or this thread), I hold no grudges against anyone. Every platform has its rules, even on my own new platform, I have already banned some people for misconduct and deleted threads of some other people for not following rules (and yet I have not published any rules) but it is my site, my business - and if you dont like it, you can go to stackoverflow.

Peace people.
deep inside you, you really love nairaland o

3 Likes

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 10, 2017
Desyner:
Good u stated ur own side of the story. He (NL) should av been open to you about the ban. If I was in seun's shoe, i wouldn't have loved the idea of a potential market rival promoting a platform on mine.

Na wa o, so na this my small nonsense platform is now what is now threatening Nairaland (or Nairaland Programming). What about stackoverflow and quora? Are they not bigger threats?
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:27pm On Aug 10, 2017
bjhaid:
deep inside you, you really love nairaland o
Of course I do, why else have I been here since 2007? Having my platform does not mean I hate Nairaland at all. My platform and nairaland are 2 different entities.

5 Likes

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2017
dhtml81:

Of course I do, why else have I been here since 2007? Having my platform does not mean I hate Nairaland at all. My platform and nairaland are 2 different entities.
but you made some guys here deactivate thr account because of your initial exit from here, only for you to create another moniker

4 Likes

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2017
^^^I did not tell anyone to delete my moniker, this moniker is only here to talk to seun. And my own moniker dhtml18 is permanently gone.
But no, dhtml18 is gone forever - this one is just a pirated version.
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:38pm On Aug 10, 2017
Welcome back nairaland prodigal programmer to the Nairaland family cheesy We need to throw an e-party here on Nairaland for dhtml81
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Desyner: 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2017
dhtml81:

Na wa o, so na this my small nonsense platform is now what is now threatening Nairaland (or Nairaland Programming). What about stackoverflow and quora? Are they not bigger threats?
I meant NL Programming oh. You want make seun assasinate me?
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 10, 2017
Hian, seun will soon come and take Nigerian flag knack all of una head for here.

By the way, according to my analysis, the account dhtml18 is still on Nairaland server and can actually be recovered. I am very sure of this according to my sources (and a little analysis).
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by larisoft: 6:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Lol.. just learning about this. Seun banned dhtml18? Who go come remain for nairaland programming section?

WE MUST RIOT!!!!
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 7:17am On Aug 11, 2017
All you RIOTERS will soon be punished with an everlasting BAN by Seun.

1 Like

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by xpansion(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2017
What's your startup let me check it out?

dhtml81:
Hi Programlanders,

Peace people.
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 10:20am On Aug 11, 2017
xpansion:
What's your startup let me check it out?
You want to be banned abi? It is http://www.Nairaland.net (it has many domains and not all are flagged because they are not all known to nairaland).
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2017
dhtml81:

You want to be banned abi? It is http://www.Nairaland.net (it has many domains and not all are flagged because they are not all known to nairaland).
Why did you share the insecure version..?
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 9:01pm On Aug 30, 2017
I have close to 6 different domains pointing to the same place - 301 redirects to main ssl version.
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 01, 2017
dhtml81:
I have close to 6 different domains pointing to the same place - 301 redirects to main ssl version.

Oh okay... Didn't notice. That padlock must have been expensive oo, maybe Evans gave it to you grin
Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 05, 2017
How can you not notice padlock? The padlock dey expensive, but it is worth it.

1 Like

Re: Reply To Seun Osewa Concerning Flagging My Website by okwabayi(m): 7:27am On Aug 20, 2018
Somebody should please summarize this complaint in three hundred words because I did not read s-hit.

(1) (Reply)

Read Cool FM OAP Reaction To Pastor Adeboye Kissing His Wife, Foluke In Public / Photos: Young Sierra Leonean Singer Weds Older White Woman / Must Read!! See What Whatsapp Did To New Versions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.