Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,408 members, 7,808,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:07 PM

Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? (23434 Views)

Manchester United Vs FC Copenhagen : Europa League (1- 0) On 10th August 2020 / FC Porto Vs Liverpool: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 4) On 17th April 2019 / Lionel Messi Signs New 4-Year Deal With FC Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Omotaday(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:

Is the 200m+ going to magically disappear next summer?

Are clubs not going to know we still have 200m+

I'm not going to face Bayern on a champions league night with Denis Suarez on the left wing.
Likes of Asensio, kovasic, nacho and vaquez have been playing in big matches and winning trophies, thanks to Zidane. Why can't Deoluefo, tello if recalled and sergi roberto do the same?. Barca has so many potentials. We have been spending since the last 3 season, what is the outcome?.

cc bykebyke

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Eseries(m): 12:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
Barca is as well greedy to harvest as much as 200m+ on Neymar, is a fair call if any other club ad well wants to harvest as much ad they can from Barca if they come calling on their players.

I am a Liverpool fan and all Barca fans/well wishers been singing in my ear how barca will come and collect Coutinho. I tried in vain to explain to them that Coutinho just sight a long term contract less than a year ago and we can't see him because we can just replace him at the moment, moreover most premiership club need no money. they are financially buoyant. Now they know.

Let a young, dynamic and reliable hand undertake your
visa applications to UK, USA, Canada, Schengen States
for tourism, Business, Study, Medical etc. Most time all
you need is a professional touch for your application to
scale through. Honesty is our watchword as integrity is
our biggest asset. Contact SLIM Consults @ 48 AJOSE St,
Maryland. LagosTel: 08064379710 .
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Dexema(m): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
Even if barca come to Nigerian league to get players the club's will hike their price ridiculously.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by rozayx5(m): 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
free2ryhme:

Oga abeg no vex

When you start to dey make decision for Barca FC when dem no even know whether you exist undecided

undecided
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by martineverest(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
rozayx5:
undecided

As a barca FAn we shud just forget this transfer market

And build the talent we have available and keep the money for future use

This current board is turning barca to man city . spending money anyhow and not developing home grown talent

Many clubs know we have 200m now

So let's avoid buying any player for now

well said .....deulofeu is ok.......theyt shud use d money to service their debt..valverde is known for developing talents
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nakairogold:
Barca should go for lingard in man U. He has tried for us. Let him try his luck in laliga, I have this feeling he will be better than Neymar.

Feel free to attack.
lingard ke, I don't even know why mourinho like him
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by rozayx5(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omotaday:
Likes of Asensio, kovasic, nacho and vaquez have been playing in big matches and winning trophies, thanks to Zidane. Why can't Deoluefo, tello if recalled and sergi roberto do the same?. Barca has so many potentials. We have been spending since the last 3 season, what is the outcome?.

dont mind them, its not names that win trophies, unless clubs like atlectico for no dey see champions league semis talkless of final

winning is about focus and determination
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Harwoyeez(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
Best is for barca to forget this transfer n concentrate on the players at hand n in d academy.... Really pathetic because of d incompetent board we have..let's just allow this season to play out the way it wants...there are players who could fill in like turan, Denis, delefou, alcacer and maybe d best attacking boy from d academy
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Jumbus31(m): 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2017
Never thought I'd see the day Barca would have money to spend and clubs will tell them " Yeah Bleep off "
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 12:23pm On Aug 11, 2017
nah beg I dey beg them... make them come gabros NNEWI come carry me, even if nah sign 10years contract with them without any payment or salary structure, even if I go they pay them for the service I go render, I no mind, I won gerrout of this hole called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Dexema(m): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
tommyeddy:
Me I go laff well if at the end of it, they cannot find a neymar replacement amd neymar turns a white elephant grin

Wicked soul. .lol
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Tsmart1(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
BUY CHEAP AND CLEAN LAPTOP ©25K AND ABOVE + + + CALL ME NOW OR NO JUST WHATSAPP ME 09095620116
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by habax(m): 12:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is wrong. There is Carlos Alena coming up, good midfielder with a sweet left leg. Palencia, the captain of Barca B is a good right back in the Puyol mould, Marc Cucurella is being tipped to be the future left back, Rafa Mujica is a good striker, went on pre-season with the team last year, Vitinho was just bought from Palmeiras in Brazil, nice midfielder, There is also Inigo ruiz de galareta, ball playing midfielder who Valverde specifically asked for. There are still talents who are very good in the barca academy

azpekuliar:

There is no first team quality talent in La Masia currently. The pipeline is currently blocked grin Every team (club or national) always go through a cycle where several talented players emerge to form the spine of the team. As they age, they have to be replaced either with first team-quality academy products or bought. The latter is the only option available to Barcelona now.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omotaday:
Zidane can afford to play them.

If BBC and The best midfield in the world finish the job...Then he puts in those people to get minutes and experience.

Our squad was not good enough last season and you still wanna take that same squad without upgrading into this coming season?

I want youth inclusion as much as anybody..but we should be realistic and rational first.

Man United,Man City..Chelsea and even Liverpool will be in the UCL next season.

Next season won't be a joke.

Besides.
Tello is shite and we have sold him to Real Betis.

Sergi Roberto is a mini version of Rakitic.....we already have Rakitic...why should we need his mini version?

Deulofeu plays backup to Dembele.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by lazborn(m): 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Jumbus31(m): 12:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nakairogold:
Barca should go for lingard in man U. He has tried for us. Let him try his luck in laliga, I have this feeling he will be better than Neymar.

Feel free to attack.
I Just can't defend Lingard honestly . Miss me with the passion and energy spin. We didn't sign an energy drink. He scored 5 EPL goals in 2 years, I'm not even upset.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Tjiaz(m): 12:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Cuz Barca is nomore a boogey team they once were.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Omotaday(m): 12:41pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:

If BBC and The best midfield in the world finish the job...Then he puts in those people to get minutes and experience.

Our squad was not good enough last season and you still wanna take that same squad without upgrading into this coming season?

I want youth inclusion as much as anybody..but we should be realistic and rational first.

Besides.

Sergi Roberto is a mini version of Rakitic.....we already have Rakitic...why should we need his mini version?

Sergi is more than Rakitic if given enough encouragement, he is a versatile player. He can play anywhere. You saw what he did against Madrid in both legs. If barca want to spend at all cost, they should buy only a midfielder, a creative one, that can also score.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by habax(m): 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2017
You have made valid points but some are also not really correct. No big club (which Liverpool and Borrusia Dortmund are) will want to lose their best players/ or one of their best players not especially when the transfer window would be closing in less than 3 weeks hence can't find a replacement of their own. Also, it's really a ripple effect of the Neymar transfer to PSG, Barca board will only want to sign a big name to appease the fans and also to ease the pressure on them concerning the vote of no confidence being instituted by Agusti Benedito and since all the clubs know we are 222 million euros richer, they want a slice of that pie. Dortmund bought Dembele for 15 million just last season but now want to sell him for over 100 million, that said, i think we will eventually get him though.

Personally, i was not a fan of the attemp to get Coutinho, he is a quality player no doubt but i really don't see a place for him on the team, he is not that fast to be a winger neither does he have enough positional awareness and discipline to be a barca midfielder.

Verratti is someone Barca has been chasing for a while, he knows this yet still signed a long term contract last season, now he is angling for a move, he should just stay at PSG and enjoy his money in the mediocre team.

GreatEvilBeast:
Nelson Semedo's signing from Benfica seems to be the only concrete achievement thus far and with the transfer window closing in three weeks, hopes of landing any major target seem to be fading.

So Nairalanders cast your opinions on this matter.
Note: persons of interest.
-Coutinho (had first and second bids rejected by Liverpool)

-Verratti (personal terms were agreed but an adamant PSG refused to sell. plus there's the Neymar Issue)

-Dembele (seems feasible at the moment although BVB have reiterated he's not for sale)

There's a boatload of others but these are Barcelona's major targets especially given the space left by the Brazilian(Neymar Jr).

Personally I think it all boils down to Greed as every club wants to have a huge slice of the "Neymar transfer money" (€222 million). going at this rate the philosophy of football and the beautiful game would be lost In a grotesque attempt by clubs to over-price it.

But that's just my opinion.
I want to know why my Club has difficulty signing players.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
Omotaday:
Sergi is more than Rakitic if given enough encouragement, he is a versatile player. He can play anywhere. You saw what he did against Madrid in both legs. If barca want to spend at all cost, they should buy only a midfielder, a creative one, that can also score.
Same Sergi Roberto that couldn't even impress against Chapecoense that played with their 5th XI after losing their 1-4 XI in a plane crash? undecided

He can be a decent midfielder..."decent" being the keyword,and that's just it.(Barcelona needs more than decent)

We need a left winger and a controlling midfielder....I don't give a shït if the midfielder does not score goals.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Noooooo. angry

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 11, 2017
NOBODY WANTS TO BE UNDER MESSIS SHADOW.AND BARCA DO NOT PAY MUCH.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Gabbyayo(m): 12:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
Barcelona's transfer playlist for this coming season grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please People sweden or Canada, which is the best to work and immigrate to? I need answers from all nairalanders. Please show some love and care.
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by oluwamile(m): 1:06pm On Aug 11, 2017
Promismike:
Bacca has derailed. The bacca I knew had its backbone on La masia(its football academy). But today it relies much on already made players. Iniesta, Messi, Xavi, Pique etc are the products of La mesia.

Bacca should go back to its basics
u ve said it all Bro, bacca hardly buy players b4,nw dey v lost it,

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by buffalowings: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
jejemanito:
Because the transfer window is dark and full of terrors grin

grin
Away with your prophesies.

1 Like

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by CaptPlanet(m): 1:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Because its a gang up. Fifa helps u, we help us grin grin grin
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 1:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Its no brainer really. Barcelona has awful handling in the transfer market.
They always sell low and buy high.
From the buying of Andre Gomez to Douglas to Mathieu, Barcelona board are known for buying shitty players at prices way beyond their market value.

Also the timing of their buy is also too obvious and stupid. I remember when we were in need of a defender and we got vermalene and Mathieu. Can you beat such stupidity?

How about when we sold? Fabregas was given away at price of bread and some that had left.

I don't see Dembele as a super star that should near 100m, for what!!! A one season wonder?

We have
- Arda turan
- Munir
- Deulofeu
these are all potential wingers, with Turan being the most experienced.

we can make do with those ones before January transfer when some key players may force a move out of their clubs eg Sanchez

Simple, we need to trust in the players we got.
Arda turan and Munir were blazing at the start of the season when Neynar was at at the Olympics.

Who says they can't fill up the spot. Left for me, Demebele is no better than Arda turan! Because of neynar, every club now screams 100m for their player even when they don't worth it.

Does demebele worth 100m? rubbish!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by chukzyfcbb: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
bykebyke:

Besides.

What Barcelona needs truly is a good midfielder, that's the only position we are truly lacking. Iniesta is old and slower, Messi abandons his attacking role just to drop deep in the midfield to create.

Do you know why we would miss neynar? its because he is always the one who runs at the defence trying to carve open a space. A role messi usually does when neynar hadn't come, if we can get someone like that, coutinho being my choice to play such role of creating spaces, we are good to go.

Sergio Roberto cannot fill that spot, atleast not now. I am counting on Rakitic to take on the attacking role like he did for Sevilla if we don't get someone to support iniesta.

Our wingers are decent enough, even Paco alcacer started to show his versatility at the flanks towards the end of the season. What we need now is that Midfield class and countinho or verrati would fill that spot perfectly!!!
Re: Why Is FC Barcelona Very Unlucky This Transfer Summer? by Rakiticbarca: 1:40pm On Aug 11, 2017
We shouldn't expect more from the board ehn you have an ex-Basketball player as Barca president.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Newcastle United Vs Manchester United (2 - 0) On 2nd April 2023 / Stoke City Vs Manchester United On (2 - 0) On 26th December 2015 / Chelsea Vs Aston Villa (0 - 2) On 1st April 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.