Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt (6410 Views)

EDC Official Electrocuted Trying To Rescue His Colleague (photos) / PHCN Worker Electrocuted In Isolo, Died Hanging On The Ladder / Graphic Photos: PHCN Staff Electrocuted In Asaba, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by favcom(m): 2:59pm On Feb 17, 2010
Gosh!
RIP to all the victims
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by sirt1(m): 3:07pm On Feb 17, 2010
May their perfect Souls rest in peace.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by beeke(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2010
i am just speechless cry
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by beeke(m): 3:52pm On Feb 17, 2010
Pls wot if my relative or a friend is among d dead ones GOD
may der soul rest in peace
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by An0nimus: 4:08pm On Feb 17, 2010
To think i use that same road frequently sends chills down ma spine.Baba God,na ur hand we dey o!
@Some ppl hia
i kno the 'Garden City' is a lil bit overrated but don't make it look like its a slum or something.Rome wuznt built in a day ukno.jus airin thots by d way.May they souls rest in perfect peace.Amen.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by nnemak(m): 4:44pm On Feb 17, 2010
Its really sad. people just die for no just cause. The NEPA cable had been over stressed by trees that grew in the ZOO over the years. Branches of the trees where cut down on Sunday , while hungry looking IKE men ( police) prevented buses and people from trading there, As if that would solve that problem when people actually still build their house under such NEPA cable!!!
God help us all,
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by microgiant: 5:04pm On Feb 17, 2010
Sad news may their souls rest in peace

nne_mak:

Its really sad. people just die for no just cause. The NEPA cable had been over stressed by trees that grew in the ZOO over the years. Branches of the trees where cut down on Sunday , while hungry looking IKE men ( police) prevented buses and people from trading there, As if that would solve that problem when people actually still build their house under such NEPA cable!!!
God help us all

this is quite true, even after collecting compensation money for right of way (ROW), land owners still sell right into these ROW and people build house under these cables, i've even seen people building house under 33KVA inter-state cables. how can sane human beings load buses right under HT cables.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by kachiside: 5:13pm On Feb 17, 2010
To also think that some of them might have made plans for the Val. May their soul rest in Peace, may such a death never see us or any of our relations and friends including NL
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by adetoru(f): 10:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
It was named after the Slaughter house situated in the area
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Bonniefran: 9:35am On Feb 18, 2010
The issue about Slaughter Bus Stop may sound like an irony but this happens to be a place where they slaughter Cows and goats for human consumption and hence the name 'Slaughter Bus Stop' i.e abattoir (slaughterhouse) a place where animals are killed for meat.

That not-withstanding, this is indeed a moment of grief not just for those who fell victims but for the whole of NIGERIA. The system is failing continuously. There is no trace of hope for the future of this great country all because our leaders has refused to follow the RIGHT path. PHCN is one of the most corrupt agency in this country. Their laxity is responsible for this heavy Victimisation of those innocent folks.

Guys, let us Remember all those that have died due to all the failures of our leaders to make things RIGHT for once; Let's be determined to make things right in our own little capacity and by this, you and I can be justified NATURALLY and I can assure you, NIGERIA will becomes GREAT again.

May the souls of those who Fell victims REST in PEACE
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by yjay(f): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2010
very sad indeed, may their souls rest in perfect peace given the way they died,
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by nikynike(f): 12:21pm On Feb 18, 2010
That incident was a very bad one. This is pure negligence on the part of PHCN. Praying that God will console the families who were involved. Very difficult to forget. cry
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by donpaulo(m): 8:33pm On Feb 18, 2010
for every day you go out and get back home alive and safe,

sleep at nite and wake at dawn,

GIVE GOD THANKS.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 18, 2010
Tragic
May their souls rest in peace.

If this happened in the UK, there would be a public enquiry and the incident would be on the national news tv stations daily for several days or even weeks.

Heads will roll, somebody would need to resign , officials / authorities/ individuals found to be culpable may be prosecuted.

Recommendations from the enquiry would be published and implemented with immediate effect.

Families of the dead may be compensated to the tune of hundreds of millions of Niara, if not billions of niara.

My people we have a long way to go.

May God bless Nigeria!
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by kachiside: 4:21pm On Feb 19, 2010
donpaulo:

for every day you go out and get back home alive and safe,

sleep at nite and wake at dawn,

GIVE GOD THANKS.

Amen oooo, no be small thing, at times we think that it is easy to go out and come back, many things are happening on the Road. God will always guide and protect us.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by doctorwho1(m): 10:04pm On Feb 19, 2010
May the Souls of all the faithful departed rest in perfect peace. Amen.

Poor attitudes towards Government facilities caused all these deaths. And one other thing let the bus park be relocated from that position, NIGERIANS in the bid to look for a means of survival risks lives a lot, by siting a bus park close to PHCN installations. MAY GOD grant us WISDOM to do what is ALWAYS RIGHT. AMEN.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by earthrealm(m): 10:08am On Feb 20, 2010
yeah that slaughter is notorious oh.
not less than 7 peeps hv died at that bridge inthe recent past, the metal barricade put to prevent lorries from using the bridge collapsed twice n killed peeps who happened 2 be crossing under it at that very moment!!.then lorry drivers hv rammed into the metal barricade on several occasions with diastrous results,
right now only one metal barricade is in place, cos of the deaths it has caused.

that name slaughter really fits the place like a glove!
rip 2 those that died
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by DualCore1: 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2010
I was making a turn on the roundabout when it happened. As at that time I couldnt tell what it was cuz everywhere just went gaga, police vans just engulfed the place at once. . . managed to make my way out of the roundabout and headed towards Schlum. Picked a few things from the office and turned to follow that same route again. . . still didnt know what was going on until my dude called to tell me not to follow that place.

30 minutes before then, I was at ogbunabali and the dude i was getting some PC stuff from was showing me a High Tension pole that was about to fall. A pole which they had all contributed money for its replacement.

The slaughter incident was really terrible considering the rain.
And some official whackos still had to come on radio and say crap about the figure of people dead.
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by ud4u: 2:40pm On Feb 22, 2010
Is a pity.
RIP
Re: 20 Bus Passengers Electrocuted In Port Harcourt by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 23, 2010
How terrible. There's no excuse, absolutely none, for a cable to fall and electrocute people, killing them. That's just rubbish. These people just lost their lives for no reason. R.I.P.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Am So Rich, I Bath In Money!!(picture) / 11 Interesting Topics To Talk About With Anyone / Most Powerful Ethnic Groups With Supernatural Powers In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.