Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Yejide - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Yejide (376 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Yejide by lalaponcus(m): 8:12am On Aug 11, 2017
YEJIDE

Eyin temi

Out of a momentary impulse, I made a promise to someone.

A promise that now seems like the Sisphus task;

For the more I try to describe her, the more the boulder of explanation keeps rolling down;

For the more my pen tries to conjure up her beauty on paper, the more it comes up short in efficiency like Ron Weasley's broken wand in Harry Potter.

"MORE!!" My mind screams;
Angry at my weak visualizations of her beauty.

"MORE!!" The creator thunders.
Sorely disappointed at my finished product despite having warned me not to pick up the gauntlet of describing His beloved child.

Edumare's creations are unique abeg.
But Yejide is much more.

Yejide's face is like the early morning sun rays
A warm vital light which replaces the dark night.

She is like the 'okin'
An elegant arewa whose being radiates a combining light of rare diamonds.
Her heart is as strong as ten thousand mama bears protecting their young.
Her glory is as blazing as the combined light emanating from ten thousand gas plants.

Her face is as clear as the crystal and an undisturbed morning stream,
Much smoother than a finely sawed ebony wood at a master carpenter's workshop,
Much resistant to flaws like a door doused in chemicals that repulses every termite from a mile away.

Mo re ile Osun (I went into Osun's groove)
Dove into the depths of the sea to search out treasure which could rival Yejide's glow.
With her three pronged pitchfork that resembled Poseidon's trident, Yemoja the goddess drove me away.
For I had wanted to use a river treasure to compare to the apple of Edumare's eyes.

Mo re ile Oya (I went into Oya's groove)
Placed my fingers together in supplication for her to show me the charm that she used to keep Sango the thunder god spellbound.
Perhaps that charm could un-bind me from the charm wielded by Yejide.

With a whip fashioned out of twisted bulrushes which bore semblance to Aphrodite's rod, Oya the goddess drove me away.
For I had dared to elevate her charms to that of Olodumare
The 'akoda ati aseda' that had imbued Yejide with too much sauce and 'atarodo' (pepper) that even forced the Chairlady of Pepper dem gang to immediately cede her position to Yejide upon seeing her.

Yejide
Omo re bi iyan
Omo Egbedire Akonni okunrin mefa.
#BASHORUN

Okontas.com

This is a dedication to my secondary school crush who still amazes me.

(1) (Reply)

Women's Problem / The Cows Are Here / Our Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.