Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,581 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:37 PM

Christian Trinity: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Christian Trinity: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (413 Views)

CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? / CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Christian Trinity: Is Jesus Christ Truly The Almighty God? by Nobody: 9:01am On Aug 11, 2017
CHRISTIAN TRINITY: Is Jesus Christ Truly the Almighty God?

PART THREE

For those who have been following my previous posts on this controversial issue that most Pastors who teach it do not want to talk about for obvious reasons, it should be clear by now that the Bible does not explicitly teach the Trinity.

I intend to present Biblical and historical fact that clearly proves that it was a Doctrine introduced into Christianity about three hundred and eighty years after the death and ascension
ff our Lord Jesus Christ. However, before we get to that bridge lest us sample a few more facts to whet our appetite.

Many Christians do not really understand but yet believe in the Trinity Doctrine thereby making the doctrine the only ‘scriptural’ doctrine on earth that cannot be understood. This is simply because it has no definite scriptural backing.

Galatians 1:6-10 (J.B. Phillips New Testament):
"I am amazed that you have so quickly transferred your allegiance from him who called you in the grace of Christ to another “Gospel”! Not, of course, that it is or ever could be another Gospel, but there are obviously men who are upsetting your faith with a travesty of the Gospel of Christ. Yet I say that if I, or an angel from Heaven, were to preach to you any other Gospel than the one you have heard, may he be damned! You have heard me say it before and now I put it down in black and white—may anybody who preaches any other Gospel than the one you have already heard be a damned soul!” (Emphasis mine)

I wish to quote how some much respected preachers and teachers of the Trinity Doctrine unsuccessfully try to explain the concept.

The quotation below is from R. A. Finlayson, under the heading ‘Trinity’, in The New Bible Dictionary, Eerdmans, p. 1300:

“The three Persons are the same in substance, i.e., in essence or in their essential nature, but distinct in subsistence which describes God’s mode or quality of existence in three Persons. By mode of existence we do not mean one God acting in three different ways, but one Divine Being existing in three distinct Persons within one Divine Substance or Essence. Again, this is not exactly three individuals as we think of three personal individuals, but one Divine Being who acts and thinks as one within a three-fold personality. This is incomprehensible to our finite and limited minds, but it is the teaching of the Scripture. “In the Being of God there are not three individuals, but only three personal self distinctions within the one Divine Essence.” (Emphasis mine)

Here, Finlayson is desperately trying to describe what he himself agree is incomprehensible to the finite mind. This means he does not understand what he is trying to teach himself yet he wants those who read what he wrote to understand what he does not understand.

For God’s sake, where in the whole of the Bible is what he wrote about taught? I think if Almighty God is Triune He should have told us through many Prophets who came to preach about Him. Jesus Christ himself who came to reveal the Father never said anything like that. Every single Prophet that came to earth to tell us about the existence of God said that God is one. Today, men, under the inspiration of the devil himself, stand on the pulpit and teach that Almighty God is three-in one.

However, in case you do not understand this explanation of the definition of Trinity, I wish to present another description of the Almighty God the Bible revealed to us in the words of a writer for a popular online Christian organization that believes in the Trinity:

“In most formularies the doctrine is stated by saying that God is one in his essential being, but that in his being there are three Persons, yet so as not to form separate and distinct individuals. They are three modes or forms in which the divine essence exists. ‘Person’ is, however, an imperfect expression of the truth inasmuch as the term denotes to us a separate rational and moral individual. But in the being of God there are not three individuals, but three personal self-distinctions within the one divine essence”.

This supposedly learned writer, who is obviously doing his best to explain what the Trinity is to his audience, adds that:

“Then again, personality in man implies independence of will, actions and feelings leading to behavior peculiar to the person. This cannot be thought of in connection with the Trinity. Each Person is self-conscious and self-directing, yet never acting independently or in opposition. When we say that God is a Unity we mean that, though God is in himself a threefold centre of life, his life is not split into three. He is one in essence, in personality and in will. When we say that God is a Trinity in Unity, we mean that there is a unity in diversity, and that the diversity manifests itself in Persons, in characteristics and in operations.”

This explanation is akin to speaking lots of grammar that has no relevant meaning. It’s like talking but saying nothing. It is clear that they are trying to explain what is inexplicable and it is inexplicable because the Bible does not teach it. Whatever the Bible teaches Almighty God reveals as truth to mankind but this Trinity contraption still remains incomprehensible even to those who teach it.

When we get to the scriptures they use to support the doctrine it will be made clear that they have no basis for their claims. Sadly, it is because the doctrine cannot be explained that made it appealing to the human soul which is naturally against the things of God.

In the Book The Knowledge of the Holy, A.W. Tozer states that:

“The Trinity is an “incomprehensible mystery… The fact that it cannot be satisfactorily explained, instead of being against it, is in its favor”.

Many accept this unscriptural teaching mainly because they believe that God cannot be understood and since they cannot understand the Trinity it must be true because it totally fails to describe God in a way that He can be understood. This is sad.

As regards the Spirituality of Almighty God, what I know from the Bible is that Almighty God is a Spirit who created the spirit of Jesus Christ from a part of His own ‘Spirit’. Jesus Christ is the first ‘Being’ or ‘Spirit’ Almighty God created before any other thing. With Jesus by His side (Proverbs 8:1-36, John 1:1), He then created the world and all that dwell therein. Because of Jesus Christ’s loyalty to Him long after He created everything else, Almighty God sent him into the earth, gave him the flesh of man, and called him His beloved son with whom He is well pleased. Jesus Christ was to carry out the mission Almighty God desires, which is, to set mankind free from the clutches of the devil after man fell from grace to grass. This is what the Bible teaches.

In a nutshell, I believe this summarizes the relationship between Almighty God and Jesus Christ. Anyone can easily agree with this. Compare this with the explanation given to explain the Trinity Doctrine by men and see how all what they teach makes no sense.

Why is it that some Pastors have made the simple teachings of the Bible into a big mystery? I will tell you: it is because it makes ignorant people to believe they are anointed for knowing what they do not know.

Now let’s come down to the basics.

From the Catholic Encyclopedia which quotes a part of the words of the Athanasian Creed which decreed the belief in a triune God to be the central doctrine of Christianity, we read:

“The Father is God, the Son is God and the Holy Spirit is God and yet there are not three Gods but one God”.

Compare with John 14:28 which quotes Jesus Christ saying:

“Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I”.

Jesus Christ admits Almighty God is greater than he is. Where did this “In this Trinity… the persons are co-eternal and co-equal, all alike are uncreated and are Omnipotent” come from? It originated from Greek philosophy, from the pit of darkness. Simply put, it is a doctrine of demons.

Many Christians are not aware that Jesus Christ was first made equal with Almighty God in a conference held by Christian Bishops in 325 AD, where this issue of the equality of Jesus Christ with Almighty God was first officially discussed. This meeting was headed by a pagan Emperor called Constantine. I will talk a little more about him as we read on.

Prior to the resolution of the conference that Jesus Christ was equal with God I wonder if any of the participants at the conference pointed out the above verse and many others where Jesus admitted, in plain words, that Almighty God is greater than he is. I am quite optimistic that if any had done that they would either have been shouted down or plainly ignored, after all, the most powerful man on earth then, the Emperor, presided over the meeting and he was most certainly not a neutral person. He was a pagan for Christ’s sake!

Compare the Trinity Doctrine with John 20:17 which says:

“Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God”.

I challenge any Pastor on earth to explain what Jesus meant by this statement other than that he was going back to the one that sent him, his God!

Jesus Christ clearly said he was ascending to his Father, his God. This tells even an illiterate that Jesus Christ has a God to whom he was returning. To make matters worse for the Trinitarians he identified this God he was ascending to also as the God of his disciples. So if Jesus Christ has a God he was ascending to, how can that same God be him?

Certainly, those who formulated this doctrine must have done so based on what they perceive the scriptures teach. Truly speaking, there are a few distorted, disjointed, misunderstood and misinterpreted verses in the New Testament that made them arrive at this conclusion. But there are over fifty times many more verses that discredit these assumptions in their totality.

The Greek orthodox Church also call the Trinity the fundamental doctrine of Christianity adding that the true Christians are those who accept Jesus Christ as the Almighty God himself.

Can anyone tell me where the above is stated in the Bible?

In the Book Our Orthodox Christian Faith, the Greek Orthodox Church states:

“God is Triune … the father is totally God, the Son is totally God, the Holy Spirit is totally God”.

Where is this taught in the Bible?

Compare with 1 Cor. 15:27-28:

“For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith, all things are put under him; it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him”.

Who put all things under Jesus Christ?

Trinitarians believe that the first ‘Person’ in the Trinity put all things under the second ‘Person’ in the Trinity and those two ‘Persons’ and the third ‘Person’, the Holy Spirit, joined together are ‘one’ and the same. In other words, Almighty God put all things under another part of Himself and those ‘two’, combined with the Holy Spirit who makes the third ‘Almighty God’, make up one Almighty God. This is certainly not what the Bible teaches but what men teach.

No wonder they admit that the doctrine of the three ‘Persons’ or ‘Substance’ who make up the one Almighty God cannot be understood with human logic. But it seems they understand it.

(1) (Reply)

The Power Of I Am Sorry / Suspected IPOB Members Allegedly Destroy Mosque In Abia / ISIS Claims Responsibility For Las Vegas Massacre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.