Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,239 members, 7,807,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:33 PM

Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. (1256 Views)

Game Of Pleasure(18+) / The Diary Of A Village Corper. / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by sammyscholar(m): 9:42am On Aug 11, 2017
All rights reserved. No part of this work may be used or reproduced without my prior permission. Note that this work, though reflects true life experience, is a fiction. Copyright © 2017.

Viewing this board: sageblaze(f), remiseyi(m), oludaray(m), bimberry1307(f), tolulopeogunbos(m), aremaku, Folasima(f), oluwafemi1993, alphacyborg(m), nekib89, iambijo(m), Chummypinky(f), dimeji877(m), blessedez(m), veeveanO(f), ismokeweed(m), OneOpinion, nattyGENT, hadijatmusbau, yaya12, immaculate006(m), silver94(m), Silvarose(f), dasugar(f), chisiudeh, BossBae1(f), hamzatseyi(m), zeelux97(m), Officialphilz(m), kennyemm(m), Gloryejims(f), edwardadex23(m), Bookielicious(f), damipe45, sparklebabe(f), chorlay, stevegreatest(m), mpaulo(m), JustOzito(f), Gizy20(f), sal1974, Torresmannl(m), merybold, TOmmyJidex1, carling1195, IgweBUIKE1(m), Emekus92(m), Tolezy001, miarhpe, amtalkin(f) and 100 guest(s)
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by ojun50(m): 9:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Drop it
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by Gloryejims(f): 10:04am On Aug 11, 2017
Drop it like its hot....

Let me get my popcorn and coke
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by sammyscholar(m): 10:14am On Aug 11, 2017
EPISODE ONE

The loud squeak of birds hovering above the building roof awakened Corper Tommy from his deep sleep. He had slept so early night before and had not planned to awake so soon in the morning. The birds had just shattered his pleasure. Tommy gently tilted his head, gazing at the window to see how clear the sky had become. The ray scaping through the window informed him that the time was between 7:00 and 7:30am. To be sure what the time really was, he rolled to the left side of his 3×7 mattress and reached for his Rolex wrist watch which was placed on his black leather suitcase. He was almost right! The time was 7:32am. Tommy pushed his two fists hard on the mattress, helping himself to rise to a sitting position. He pushed his fists more harder and throw his body forward to the edge of the mattress. His feet were now on the floor.

Tommy glanced around the room and wondered if he was actually going to live there for the next eleven months. He looked at the white painted ceiling and saw brown spots clustered across it---an indication that the roof had been leaking. He tilted his head slowly, making his gaze to focus on the wall in front of him. He saw lines of crack which had become abodes for different kinds of insects. He wondered if the building had seen renovation in the last 10 years. Other than the flat, torn mattress Tommy had slept on, the room had nothing to make life easy for the occupants. Tommy looked at the mattress again and again and wondered if he truly had slept on it. He had not envisaged serving in a village as remote as Dako talk more of living in a building as dilapidated as this.

Tommy heard his phone rang from inside his trousers' pucket. Life was so downing for him night before that he forgot to remove the things he had in his puckets. He made for the right corner of the room where he had flung his trousers out of frustration and reached for his phone. The ringing had stopped before he could pick.

Frustrated, he turned to leave without even checking who the caller was, with the phone still in his hand. He had not taken a step when the phone rang again. He promptly picked, but said nothing. He was not really in the mood of talking. "Hi Tommy," the person from the other end bluted out. The caller was Michael. He had not heard from him since they left camp for their various Local Government Areas and then to their Places of Primary Assignment.

"Hello. Are you there?" Michael said again when Tommy was not responding. "Bro," Tommy finally replied. "I'm cool". "I have not been myself since yesterday," he added almost immediately. "I... I'm..." Tommy had barely formed his statement when the phone went off.

To be continued.....
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by darrytoz(m): 10:29am On Aug 11, 2017
nyc one bro my own epistle coming soon too ''ACROSS WATER"
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by sammyscholar(m): 11:54am On Aug 11, 2017
Gloryejims:
Drop it like its hot....

Let me get my popcorn and coke
The food is ready. Cc ojun50
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by ojun50(m): 2:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by Gloryejims(f): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Love the beginning... Ride on
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by blessedez(m): 10:05am On Aug 15, 2017
following
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by oluwafemi1993: 2:22pm On Aug 17, 2017
Present sir
Nice write up
Thanks for the mention
Re: Pleasure, Trial, Travail Of A Village Corper. by blessedez(m): 11:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
op story don finish?

(1) (Reply)

The Wick / A Dangerous Glance (ctd) - Short Story / Niger Delta Lyrics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.