Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,719 members, 7,805,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:13 AM

Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous (3396 Views)

Helio G90T Vs Snapdragon 720G / Samsung's Exynos VS Snapdragon Issue. / Mediatek VS Snapdragon Processor Full Comparison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Mrviktor(m): 9:43am On Aug 11, 2017
I had to weigh in on the everlasting argument about phone processors.. I think I've taken evry phone I've used to the very limit.. so I know am eligible enough to judge this processors. I mean if u know about python during Nokia symbian days.. know chainsaw during gingerbread days.. and know about mtk tools and cwm or twrp.. u can relate.
First of all. To me. Personally mediatek is better than the others.. bullshit u say... You won't truly understand because you haven't used a premium meditek device. Neither have I but. Let's take some things into consideration. U buy Infinix note 4 or Infinix zero 4 or phantom 6 for 80k.. and one idiot will na Be comparing it with Galaxy s8. Haba mallam.. those are mid-range devices compared to the s8. If you have ever used a galaxy grand 2. The lag after installing 4 to 5 apps will drive you to sucide. I used a galaxy S4, a tecno R7, phantom A. Phantom A+. Tho some games don't lag. But the way the exonous gpu heats up. Jeez.. u won't be able to hold the​phone it can literally fry egg. My S4 brothers can relate to that. Same with the note 4.. I've not heard of an mtk phone over heating on even 4g. Try putting ur s8 or iPhone 8 close to a xiomi flagship mtk devide.. then u will know. Tecno and Infinix are making mid-range devices that's why u don't see the true power of mtk. Reason because no one wants to spend more than 80k on a "transsion holding device" i don't thing the phantom 6plus will sell more than 6000 units. I haven't seen that phone with someone before. It always Infinix hot note. Or note 2. Or tecno c8. We only appreciate their cheap devices so they put all their efforts to their less premium devices. The mid range devices. when the Galaxy s8 can buy 7 tecno cx air,s . What are we saying. Nothing concern mosquito with muscle pull, their competitions​ are itel, injoo. Infinix so why would tecno rival with Samsung when the competition is not up to Samsung level. How I wish xiomi would invest in the Nigerian market we would see the real power of mediatek.
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by fibonacci2526: 9:50am On Aug 11, 2017
Mrviktor:
I had to weigh in on the everlasting argument about phone processors.. I think I've taken evry phone I've used to the very limit.. so I know am eligible enough to judge this processors. I mean if u know about python during Nokia symbian days.. know chainsaw during gingerbread days.. and know about mtk tools and cwm or twrp.. u can relate.
First of all. To me. Personally mediatek is better than the others.. bullshit u say... You won't truly understand because you haven't used a premium meditek device. Neither have I but. Let's take some things into consideration. U buy Infinix note 4 or Infinix zero 4 or phantom 6 for 80k.. and one idiot will na Be comparing it with Galaxy s8. Haba mallam.. those are mid-range devices compared to the s8. If you have ever used a galaxy grand 2. The lag after installing 4 to 5 apps will drive you to sucide. I used a galaxy S4, a tecno R7, phantom A. Phantom A+. Tho some games don't lag. But the way the exonous gpu heats up. Jeez.. u won't be able to hold the​phone it can literally fry egg. My S4 brothers can relate to that. Same with the note 4.. I've not heard of an mtk phone over heating on even 4g. Try putting ur s8 or iPhone 8 close to a xiomi flagship mtk devide.. then u will know. Tecno and Infinix are making mid-range devices that's why u don't see the true power of mtk. Reason because no one wants to spend more than 80k on a "transsion holding device" i don't thing the phantom 6plus will sell more than 6000 units. I haven't seen that phone with someone before. It always Infinix hot note. Or note 2. Or tecno c8. We only appreciate their cheap devices so they put all their efforts to their less premium devices. The mid range devices. when the Galaxy s8 can buy 7 tecno cx air,s . What are we saying. Nothing concern mosquito with muscle pull, their competitions​ are itel, injoo. Infinix so why would tecno rival with Samsung when the competition is not up to Samsung level. How I wish xiomi would invest in the Nigerian market we would see the real power of mediatek.

Don't want to be that kind of person but it is Exynos and Xiaomi.

2 Likes

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by opestein: 11:23am On Aug 11, 2017
Op, beg the moderators to change the exonous to exynos. Lol grin cheesy
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by MrBONE2(m): 6:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
opestein:
Op, beg the moderators to change the exonous to exynos. Lol grin cheesy
Oups is right Media Tech is better than Exo Nose grin
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 8:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
OP don't give a Bleep jare i was once believing that Exynos and Qualcomm chipset are better than MediaTek until when i look into durability and reliability of them as far i observed i discovered MediaTek chipsets are better Can't believe how my Gionee P4 do better than Samsung S4 in battery, Ram optimisation and Heat Samsung S4 hot like fire drain battery as if someone fetching water into basket

1 Like

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by samueldo4life(m): 9:46pm On Aug 11, 2017
Mediatek helio p20's has even surpasses snapdragon and exynose chip in terms of hard core games. This was proven in real life by techutopia on youtube. In mediatek spec, d helio p20 gpu run at 900mhz fps, while p25 rum at 1gb fps. Adriano and exynose chip are still fighting to cross 700mhz fps example of snapdragon gpu(Adriano) is snapdragon 820 on d galaxy s7 which run at 642mhz fps, lost in game comparison with umi plus e that holds mtk helio p20 when tweaked to max graphics. It even went as far in running d game much cooler. Mediatek is amazing

1 Like

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Lexusgs430: 10:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
samueldo4life:
Mediatek helio p20's has even surpasses snapdragon and exynose chip in terms of hard core games. This was proven in real life by techutopia on youtube. In mediatek spec, d helio p20 gpu run at 900mhz fps, while p25 rum at 1gb fps. Adriano and exynose chip are still fighting to cross 700mhz fps example of snapdragon gpu(Adriano) is snapdragon 820 on d galaxy s7 which run at 642mhz fps, lost in game comparison with umi plus e that holds mtk helio p20 when tweaked to max graphics. It even went as far in running d game much cooler. Mediatek is amazing

MTK RULES ......
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Lexusgs430: 10:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
Iamtosignno:
OP don't give a Bleep jare i was once believing that Exynos and Qualcomm chipset are better than MediaTek until when i look into durability and reliability of them as far i observed i discovered MediaTek chipsets are better Can't believe how my Gionee P4 do better than Samsung S4 in battery, Ram optimisation and Heat Samsung S4 hot like fire drain battery as if someone fetching water into basket

All this snapdragon pipu, go send dragon to fight you o......

3 Likes

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Ifedith(m): 12:22pm On Aug 12, 2017
Whether you take it or not, snapdragon is king, even though exynos is made by Samsung, they still use snapdragon on their phones. If you think say sony, Xiaomi, samsung, Motorola, lg, that use snapdragon for their expensive handsets dey craze, na you sabi. For the info all these are multi-billion dollar companies. Mediatek low end and mid-range products are simply put, shit, and in terms of gpu, adreno kill mali like mad.

5 Likes

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by gabe: 9:10pm On Aug 12, 2017
MrBONE2:
Oups is right Media Tech is better than Exo Nose grin
no chill...
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Patrick33(m): 9:30pm On Aug 12, 2017
Bros....if better analysts don certify exynos and snapdragon.... I no sabi which one you come dey run mouth...am usingh the moto x style...2015 phone...but no tecno or infinix phone of 2022 go stand next to this phone...leave am....snapdragon is the best...exynos and Intel follow....mediatek na joke.

1 Like

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by samueldo4life(m): 9:49pm On Aug 12, 2017
Patrick33:
Bros....if better analysts don certify exynos and snapdragon.... I no sabi which one you come dey run mouth...am usingh the moto x style...2015 phone...but no tecno or infinix phone of 2022 go stand next to this phone...leave am....snapdragon is the best...exynos and Intel follow....mediatek na joke.
my bros, stop living in the old life and embrace new life. Mediatek has developed more than what u think currently. Even though snapdragon perform better than mtk high end device, it's just a little difference and its nothing more.
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 10:03pm On Aug 12, 2017
Lexusgs430:

All this snapdragon pipu, go send dragon to fight you o......
Lol who send am a God of war so am ready
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Lexusgs430: 10:06pm On Aug 12, 2017
Iamtosignno:
Lol who send am a God of war so am ready

The war is North Koreans & America's to fight........
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Elxandre(m): 2:13am On Aug 13, 2017
Lmao.
This thread summarises ignorance.
Snapdragon heats up while gaming?
grin.

You
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 6:59am On Aug 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

The war is North Koreans & America's to fight........
Abi Guy see that Trump is a scumbag what a nonsense man creating problems each day pass by
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Lexusgs430: 7:15am On Aug 13, 2017
Iamtosignno:
Abi Guy see that Trump is a scumbag what a nonsense man creating problems each day pass by

Absolute power corrupts Absolutely......... The same way Nigerian power is corrupting Sai Bubu absolutely.......

At least Trump is pronouncing from American soil..... Sai Bubu that we are funding his extravagant elongated elaborate health/holiday tourism, says we should kip kwayet.........
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by henryobinna(m): 7:31am On Aug 13, 2017
Sorry, all I see is ignorance. And an unnecessary at the same tine stupid comparison. insult not intended.

Even the company MediaTek don't ever bother doing this comparison, you know why? Because everybody know where they belong.

Snapdragon is a full SoC, System On Chip. Basically everything concerning what your phone can do and cannot is on SoC, and you dare say MTK is better? How do we even do the comparison?

MTK is good no doubt, MTK functions well for it's built for(low end midrange) but not in comparative with Snapdragon, of course a helio x processor might out perform a Snapdragon 400 serie processor, afterall it's a supposed 'high end'. But compare it a high end Snapdragon?...

Too, MTK is a ' living testimony' to the fact that Chinese prefer quantity over Quality reason you'd see decacores and all other high numbers on MTK devices just to perform same task another processor of lessor number of cores would perform with ease.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by henryobinna(m): 7:32am On Aug 13, 2017
Iamtosignno:
Samsung galaxy S4 of how many years ago?
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Patrick33(m): 8:11am On Aug 13, 2017
samueldo4life:
my bros, stop living in the old life and embrace new life. Mediatek has developed more than what u think currently. Even though snapdragon perform better than mtk high end device, it's just a little difference and its nothing more.
lol....OK...the camon cx can not play the NBA 2k17...or jade empire....were the development? Lol...stop hating bro...they stomp mtk.
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by samueldo4life(m): 11:00am On Aug 13, 2017
Patrick33:
lol....OK...the camon cx can not play the NBA 2k17...or jade empire....were the development? Lol...stop hating bro...they stomp mtk.
that's the fault of Tecno os, not the chip. An update can fix that problem, you know that. U guys should give mtk a chance to prove themselves and they are already meting up with snapdragon
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by ORIJIN201(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2017
So many terrible written English here!!!

2 Likes

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Patrick33(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
samueldo4life:
that's the fault of Tecno os, not the chip. An update can fix that problem, you know that. U guys should give mtk a chance to prove themselves and they are already meting up with snapdragon
don't you get it....its not built for mtk devices.... The graphics are too much...mtk is shitty
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
henryobinna:
Samsung galaxy S4 of how many years ago?

Gionee P4 of how many years too
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Absolute power corrupts Absolutely......... The same way Nigerian power is corrupting Sai Bubu absolutely.......

At least Trump is pronouncing from American soil..... Sai Bubu that we are funding his extravagant elongated elaborate health/holiday tourism, says we should kip kwayet.........
Buhari don scam us with change slogan see the contrary of change
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Lexusgs430: 5:42pm On Aug 13, 2017
Iamtosignno:
Buhari don scam us with change slogan see the contrary of change

Change nah changi.......
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by samueldo4life(m): 7:22pm On Aug 13, 2017
Patrick33:
don't you get it....its not built for mtk devices.... The graphics are too much...mtk is shitty
yeah, you are right. But let me tell u something, some games are exclusive to some chip. That is they are exclusively build to a particular chip. Example of this is "half life" which is build by NVIDIA and only nvidia chip is capable of running it. Am sure mediatek also have exclusive games that snapdragon can't handle. But, don't be surprise that some mediatek chip like infinix zero 4, or 4pro, Tecno phantom 6plus or 6, can handle those games u listed earlier. Mayb camon cx is not powerful enough course it's main purpose is for camera loves, or maybe the game update might help to fix that bug
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by samueldo4life(m): 7:36pm On Aug 13, 2017
Iamtosignno:
Gionee P4 of how many years too
u are right. And this is phone that was build mayb d same year and 1 year after and it perform better than Samsung s4. Mayb na amoled display day deceive them about Samsung course I see nothing special about snapdragon.if they are talking about desighn, modular, durability,speed I will give some hear,not this overhyping stuff. I have used this 2 chip and am always sad when am using snapdragon as it heat up quickly, battery aways drain faster, and its also expensive. I really don't see anything there, but everyone is caped with his opinions sha
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 9:45pm On Aug 13, 2017
samueldo4life:
u are right. And this is phone that was build mayb d same year and 1 year after and it perform better than Samsung s4. Mayb na amoled display day deceive them about Samsung course I see nothing special about snapdragon.if they are talking about desighn, modular, durability,speed I will give some hear,not this overhyping stuff. I have used this 2 chip and am always sad when am using snapdragon as it heat up quickly, battery aways drain faster, and its also expensive. I really don't see anything there, but everyone is caped with his opinions sha
You eh you sabi jare some people can argue with their life this my Gionee P4 i have install many custom ROMS and it battery and performance haven't reduced while Samsung S4 is ungradeable to Android Lollipop but not doing well with it and some people here saying MediaTek Chips are not Good Can't just understand them even My phone is like phone of this year although is not that neat but i can say it worth best phone for the past 3 years
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Nobody: 9:47pm On Aug 13, 2017
Lexusgs430:

Change nah changi.......
A new destructive to the Nation
Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by sweeterman(m): 11:52pm On Aug 13, 2017
samueldo4life:

Bro Mention me when you have used SD 8xx series

2 Likes

Re: Mediatek Vs Snapdragon Vs Exonous by Ehimzy(m): 10:06am On Aug 14, 2017
samueldo4life:
yeah, you are right. But let me tell u something, some games are exclusive to some chip. That is they are exclusively build to a particular chip. Example of this is "half life" which is build by NVIDIA and only nvidia chip is capable of running it. Am sure mediatek also have exclusive games that snapdragon can't handle. But, don't be surprise that some mediatek chip like infinix zero 4, or 4pro, Tecno phantom 6plus or 6, can handle those games u listed earlier. Mayb camon cx is not powerful enough course it's main purpose is for camera loves, or maybe the game update might help to fix that bug

Taa!! Bloody lie.. What developer will waste his time on a poorly optimized GPU that its manufacturer won't even release source codes for??
For the guy talking about his P8 better than S4.. Guy nawa for you o.... Its a 2013 phone that you're comparing to one of the latest releases.. That is wrong.. Everyone know how bad the S4 was after its software update..
Mali is a decent GPU... for average people... Not hardcore gamers.. Please. MTK is good... But not as good as SD or Exynos.. The entire world knows this.. My S7 edge with Mali T880mp12 is powerful.. But the Adreno 530 in the other S7 edge variant gives twice the performance at a LOWER Clock speed.. For the guy shouting 1ghz fps.. That is wrong.. There is no such thing as 1ghz fps..1ghz is the frequency and speed of the GPU.. Having a Higher GPU speed does not equal besting your rivals in performance... Most games come out with support for Adreno GPUs before Mali eg Gangster New Orleans

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Months Used Infinix Hot 7 For Sale / Brand New Redmi Note 7 For Sale / A Phone For This Amount.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.