Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' (1362 Views)

Omotola Vs Eniola Badmus: Yvonne Jegede Reacts To Omotola Ekeinde’s Interview / Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde And Wale Ojo Pictured At "Alter Ego" Premiere / Wale Ojo: My Sex Scenes With Omotola Jalade- Ekeinde In "Alter Ego" Were Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' by EAGSL: 10:14am On Aug 11, 2017
First of, You guys know how much i love Omotola Jalade Ekeinde?? � right..So i may be a little sentimental in my review.Lol Bear with me.

So after 3 years Omotola made a huge comeback with Moses Inwang's movie 'Alter Ego' which premiered on july 21 and is still very much showing in cinemas across Nigeria, i finally got to watch it yesterday and i was really really impressed..

Alter Ego" follows the story of Adaora Igwe (Omotola Jalade), a lawyer who specializes in defending less privileged sexually abused victims. She uses unorthodox methods to see that sex offenders and molesters are punished in or outside of the court.

Adaora’s devotion to rape cases is driven by her experience as a child. She was sexually abused by her teacher and has since then dealt with uncontrollable sexual urges.

Her obsession with sex make her sleeps with her employees, including her gardener and driver. She also has a sexual relationship with her brother -in-law, Daniel (Kunle Remi). In her moments of guilt and resolution, she fires those employees.

Now What i liked about the movie:

1. The general message ; Rape is a topic that we Nigerians don't take seriously, Its really annoying that the Nigerian culture/Educational system doesn’t do more to educate men and protect women from experiencing this awful thing.

2. Acting: Now this is one thing i always look for in any movie, Omotola was on her A game, the notorious sex scenes were so believable. Overall acting was decent but some characters would have done more and Mehn! Wale Ojo ,his place as an A-list actor is unquestionable. He is simply the George Clooney of Nollywood. His diction, poise and acting skills are top-notch.

3. Production Clarity ; I have go give it to the production team, the streets,courtroom, houses were so beautiful and clear.Gosh!

4. Sex Scenes : Ada igwe ( Omotola ) couldn't just keep her legs together. Lol. The sex scenes weren't so believable but it was enough to tell you that most of Omotola's sex patners were totally nude. Kunle Remi had to show off his Butt.

5. Short and Direct: This isnt like your normal alaba movies where a scene is being prolonged for 15minutes.Alter Ego was just direct ,no excess scenes..

And the proposal scenes was everything.

What could have improved;

Almost every scene looked like it was being rushed , i feel like Omotola's character would have been developed a lil bit and that of her sister, i was expecting some flashback of when Omotola was sexually molested in school by her teacher .

And it got the end and i was literally confused on what was happening, how did Kunle Remi and omotola's wife find out where she was and the gunshot..I laughed out loud.

Also the Toyota SUV used by Ada(Omotola) in the movie has a registration plate bearing the Nigerian Police Force.Wierd!

Overall

Alter ego was impressive and different,it was about RAPE which is a serious issue in Africa and the world at large. Kudos to Omosexy, Wale Ojo (I have always loved him), Madam Kofo, Kunle Remi and Moses Inwang.

Re: Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' by NairalandCS(m): 10:23am On Aug 11, 2017
Still not gonna make me watch anything Nollywood. grin
Re: Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' by EAGSL: 10:38am On Aug 11, 2017
NairalandCS:
Still not gonna make me watch anything Nollywood. grin

you dont kuku have money to watch
Re: Movie Review : Omotola Ekeinde's Epic Come Back "Alter Ego' by NairalandCS(m): 10:41am On Aug 11, 2017
EAGSL:
you dont kuku have money to watch

Yes o. I'm a 'broke boy'

(1) (Reply)

Celebrating The Beautiful Culture Of Yoruba Land Osun Oshogbo Festival / I Prefer Early Morning Sex — Nollywood Actress Amara Maduka / Shocking!!! Shatta Wale Appologise To WIZKID On Stage ''NEW''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.