Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,045 members, 7,799,535 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project (10527 Views)

COVID-19: Buhari Approves Withdrawal Of $150m From Sovereign Wealth Fund / Ganduje & Dangote Inspect Kano Skill Acquisition Centre (Pics) / Buhari Commissions $150M Integrated Feed Mill Poultry In Kaduna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by SandraJane: 10:31am On Aug 11, 2017
Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje-led Kano state government, Dangote Group of Companies and Black Rhino Group on Thursday in Kano signed a $150 million Memorandum of Understanding on Solar Power project.

The project is expected to generate 100 megawatts of electricity for supply to industries and people of the state.

Speaking shortly after signing the MoU, the Secretary to the State Government, Alhaji Usman Alhaji, said solar power was what is in vogue for now all over the world.

”We need energy to make progress and development anywhere in the world, so we believe this is a right step in the right direction,” he said.

He said the State Government was very keen on the project as it would improve the living condition of the people of the state.

In his remarks, the Group Executive Director of Dangote Group, Alhaji Mansur Ahmed, said the project was meant to improve the economy of Kano as a great Interpol and centre of commerce in the sub-Saharan region.

“The project, to be jointly financed by Dangote Industries Limited and the Black Rhino Group, is expected to provide state of the art renewable energy plant.

“It will convert the abundant energy of the sun into high quality clean Electricity,” he said.

NAN

Source : http://www.viviangist.com.ng/governor-ganduje-dangote-sign-150m-solar-power-project

Cc; lalasticlala

5 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by eezeribe(m): 2:28pm On Aug 11, 2017
Aliko Dangote... The pacesetter in the Nigerian Business scene...
People can say whatever their myopic minds believe,whether they think you are backed by strong government connections or not... One thing remains certain...
You have a high business acumen and your financial intelligence is far higher than the intelligence quotient of many ...
We only have two people like you in Nigeria :

1)You
2)Aliko
If my comment don pepper anybody.... Take heart.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by baike: 2:29pm On Aug 11, 2017
If you love yourself then. Why can't you die for youself?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by agog: 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good effort there.
Efforts like this if handled by private individuals will shoot our megawatts upward unlike leaving it in the hands of unscrupulous government who will embezzle the allocated funds.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Juve4(m): 2:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good if it will work out.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by TheAngry1: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Has anyone noticed that Dangote, Africa's richest industrialist, does not have a single tuck shop in the East? Can anyone mention one single international multinational organisation with headquarters in the east? Small time now dem go say dem be self-made people...fact is, they are not hospitable, simple. Even southeasterners would rather invest outside the region than back home; this should be food for thought for the east, instead of their senseless and selfish Biafra....I dey wait for Nairaland demons to come oppress me.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Ryoung(m): 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ok
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Babtunz: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Yeeh!Anoda way to Embezzle our Money again
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Nobody: 2:31pm On Aug 11, 2017
Please People Sweden or Canada, which is the best to work and immigrate to? I need answers from all nairalanders. Please show some love and care.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by FamousAbN: 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good one
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by oluseyiforjesus(m): 2:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
If only they can use $100m for d project n embeze $50m but reverse will be case in Nigeria
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by nanizle(m): 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2017
wink
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Bolustical: 2:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:
Has anyone noticed that Dangote, Africa's richest industrialist, does not have a single tuck shop in the East? Can anyone mention one single international multinational organisation with headquarters in the east? Small time now dem go say dem be self-made people...fact is, they are not hospitable, simple. Even southeasterners would rather invest outside the region than back home; this should be food for thought for the east, instead of their senseless and selfish Biafra....I dey wait for Nairaland demons to come oppress me.
As a sensible Chairman/CEO of an MNC or reputable firm like Dangote, would I invest in such a region? NO. Because;

1). The political future of the region is dicey; what happens to my investment in the case of another civil war?

2). Geography: the region is a landlocked one with no access to the port, thereby unnecessarily adding to my production cost

3). Market: The people in question hardly stay at 'home', a vast majority of them are across the world seriously 'developing' their host communities with several activities. I would rather establish my firm in more densely populated areas such as Lagos, Kano, PortHarcourt, Ibadan

Just watch out as things unfold in the SE. Later, they would realize that Nnamdi Kanu had done more harm than good to their collective well-being but GUESS WHAT? It is the Hausas and Yorubas that they will heap the blames on.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Bolustical: 2:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
o ti da
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by richidinho(m): 2:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
nice move, but my problem is the national grid nonsense, there is IPP in Akwa Ibom also

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by richidinho(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

truely they are self made

sometimes I wonder the kind of people you guys are, the thread is talking about Kano state and one of her son, dangote, what then brings south east into the matter?

observation from a Nigerdeltan by the way

3 Likes

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by mikejj(m): 2:55pm On Aug 11, 2017
grin na xo we dey hear
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by refreshrate: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
They should kuku make dangote president ...or how you see am?

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by pellummy(m): 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nice move a step forward is a big step
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Swiftboy(m): 3:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Its a welcomed development! I have always wondered why all these while no blue-chip company invest in solar energy safe for the SME.

1 Like

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Silvereze(m): 3:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
That's a whole lot to our power system
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by mrvitalis(m): 3:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:
You are not well , you are not informed at all

We igbos are not really like the north or south west ...: it's very hard for an Igbo man to be as rich as dangote because unlike the rest tribe when an Igbo man sees a business opportunity he invites his brothers to join him ...so the market is shared

On the average no tribe is richer than we igbos

For every Igbo billionaire you know he has made over 1000 Igbo millionaires that's how we role

...we prefer to have average trees in large number to make a forest than to have a very very big tree in a savanna

So please get a life

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by TheAngry1: 3:30pm On Aug 11, 2017
mrvitalis:

You are not well , you are not informed at all

We igbos are not really like the north or south west ...: it's very hard for an Igbo man to be as rich as dangote because unlike the rest tribe when an Igbo man sees a business opportunity he invites his brothers to join him ...so the market is shared

On the average no tribe is richer than we igbos

For every Igbo billionaire you know he has made over 1000 Igbo millionaires that's how we role

...we prefer to have average trees in large number to make a forest than to have a very very big tree in a savanna

So please get a life

Now I understand...no wonder drug trafficking perpetrated by Igbos is growing at an alarming rate across the globe...I now understand. The average trees principle...mhmmm, perfect. Ndi ara!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

Now I understand...now wonder drug trafficking perpetrated by Igbos is growing at an alarming rate across the globe...I now understand. The average trees principle...mhmmm, perfect. Ndi ara!
What about you missrable lots that believe in harvesting human parts for money..Skul mining is now a source of income.god forbid bjt I rather push drugs than kill, and maim my fellow human for money...Dirty diabolical zombies

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by mrvitalis(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

Now I understand...now wonder drug trafficking perpetrated by Igbos is growing at an alarming rate across the globe...I now understand. The average trees principle...mhmmm, perfect. Ndi ara!

You really haven't been to the east

Go and read the letter the former governor of western region wrote to tinubu
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by TheAngry1: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
mrvitalis:

You really haven't been to the east

Go and read the letter the former governor of western region wrote to tinubu

I schooled and lived in the East...I speak from experience. Your hatred for Yorubas and other Nigerians make me wonder why you would not just stay in your region. Let's even start from there, stay in Onitsha and don't convert Sabon Gari in Kano and Lagos to no man's land. Igbos buy land and build houses unrestricted in remote villages of the Southwest and North, but show me one Hausa or Yoruba man with land in Amawbia...you think they don't have the money? No! They don't feel welcomed...hard truth!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by opineflu(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2017
tribalism is everywhere u go..wat a disease!!
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by mrvitalis(m): 4:59pm On Aug 11, 2017
TheAngry1:

I schooled and lived in the East...I speak from experience. Your hatred for Yorubas and other Nigerians make me wonder why you would not just stay in your region. Let's even start from there, stay in Onitsha and don't convert Sabon Gari in Kano to no man's land or Lagos to no man's land. Igbos buy land and build uninhibited in remote villages of the Southwest and North, but show me one Hausa man with land in Amawbia...you think they don't have the money? No! They don't feel welcomed...hard truth!

We make money mostly from trading and mot manufacturing so we move out to find buyers

If you can compete come to the east

Harbal medicine in the east is run by Yorubas
Hausas run yam and meat business

So what's your point ?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Peterwins(m): 5:08pm On Aug 11, 2017
These are private equity investments by the Blackstone Group ( https://www.blackstone.com/ ). Black Rhino is chaired by Sanusi ( http://blackrhinogroup.com/blackstone-and-black-rhino-announce-appointment-of-lamido-sanusi-as-chairman-of-the-board-of-directors/ )

Dangote is leveraging on private equity investments.

The infrastructural challenges in Nigeria are very good investment opportunities for these private equity firms.
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Thobiy(m): 5:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
Good development
Re: Governor Ganduje, Dangote Sign $150m Solar Power Project by Saifullah01: 5:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Youths Pray For President Buhari And Nigeria In Abuja / Pipeline Repairs Cost NNPC N41.98 Billion In Six Months / Abuja Court Orders EFCC To Remove AIT Founder, Raymond Dokpesi From Watchlist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.