Stats: 3,148,626 members, 7,801,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:48 PM

What Happened Last Night? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / What Happened Last Night? (1780 Views)

What Happened To Hints And Hearts Magazines? / Love Happened By Rose Akpabio / An Event That Happened Between A Fictional Character And Me (2) (3) (4)

What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 11:41am On Aug 11, 2017
Hey guys! I'm new on nairaland and well I really like writing, so like this is one of my write ups and well I hope you guys like it. I'm really looking forward to your replies, I feel it's not good enough but I want to know what others think of it. So please guys be honest, praise and criticise. Thanks again. Big shout out to Dranoid. Help me out man.

ENJOY.

What happened Last Night?
Prologue
Anthony woke up to the sound of car horns blaring as they sped about the hard asphalt on the street. He turned about expecting the familiar feel of his soft water bed but all he felt was leather, thick Italian leather, He opened his eyes and the image of a raging bull looked him in the face, an image just too familiar, he looked round, taking in his surroundings, he was in a car, but not just any car, it was a Lamborghini.
His heart started racing while his mind tried processing how he got in the car. He quickly stepped out of the car. It was so real. He traced his fingers carefully trying not to ruin the perfect black and yellow paint job. It didn’t make sense at all. He was a college student who worked in a coffee shop, his salary wasn’t even enough to buy a flat screen TV even if he saved it for a year, not to talk of a Lambo. He needed answers and he needed them fast.
A phone rang in his pocket. He picked the call and he heard the soft voice of a woman, he could hear d urgency in her voice even though she spoke calmly. ‘Mr. Chaser, they are coming for you. You have to leave where you are right now and move to the next location which would be sent to your device as soon as this call ends.’ She spoke quickly, giving Anthony little room to shoot his questions.
‘Wait’ Anthony managed to say. ‘What is happening? How did I get here? Who is coming for me?’
‘We don’t have time for questions Mr. Chaser. After what you did to them last night they won’t hesitate to shoot you on sight, you have to move. Good luck.’ And with that the call went dead. It was an untraceable number so Anthony was stuck. He walked back to the car taking in every detail. It was real but no one was going to believe him, so he took a selfie with it and uploaded it on instagram, then he got back inside the car with one question on his mind.
‘What happened last night?’

Re: What Happened Last Night? by Dranoid: 12:19pm On Aug 11, 2017
JayDEntertainer:
Hey guys! I'm new on nairaland and well I really like writing, so like this is one of my write ups and well I hope you guys like it. I'm really looking forward to your replies, I feel it's not good enough but I want to know what others think of it. So please guys be honest, praise and criticise. Thanks again. Big shout out to Dranoid. Help me out man.
Thanks for the mention bro, finally the story haff landed.
But before I continue let me call me fathers and mothers in the lord
Theblessedman
SmartestPopqueen
Pamelb
Bibijay123
Tgold1
Fiyah
Abeg all of una come oo, story has landed

Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 6:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
Well guys I just dropped the first chapter and I really need you guys to comment. please be a real critic and not a ghost reader. I hope you enjoy this one guys. Dranoid thanks for the help man. Don't worry I will fry plantain for you LOL. Alright guys. Read and Please comment.

ENJOY!! wink

The location arrived on his phone just as the lady said it would. Anthony kept his eyes on the road but not his mind. He kept wondering what happened last night. The details were so fuzzy in his head. Each time he tried to remember it, it just goes black like nothing ever happened last night.
Something in the side mirror flew up. It was a dark figure with wings far too big to be a bird. It flew above Anthony’s car and out of view from people on the street. Anthony had a feeling that kept screaming “something’s not right.” He tried looking round but all seemed well. He looked up but only the moon smiled down on him. He looked at the GPS and found out that he was almost at his destination so he calmed down.
He got to his destination and parked his car; he looked around and figured out that the GPS pointed precisely to a club called Motion. The sign flashed colors from blue to red to white. He got into the club easily. Surprisingly the bouncer let him in without any stress. He picked a good spot at the bar where he could see the door easily.
‘You want anything to drink?’ The barman asked him with a smile that made Anthony suspicious. ‘Just a bottle of water.’ Anthony replied with his own smile. The barman went and was back in a few seconds with a bottle of water but it was already open. ‘Why did you open it?’ Anthony questioned the barman suspiciously. ‘Oh! Um, I thought you wouldn’t want the stress of opening it.’ The barman replied uneasily but still keeping his cool and trying not to break character. ‘I’ll be right back; I just want to use the bathroom.’ Anthony told the barman. ‘But you haven’t even touched your drink.’ The barman challenged Anthony. ‘Do you have a problem with me taking a piss before a drink?’ Anthony shot back. Before the barman could reply Anthony’s phone rang.
‘Mr. Chaser, get out of there. They have found you and they are coming for you. I’ll send you the next location where you’ll meet us for extraction. Whatever you do Mr. Chaser, trust no one but yourself.’ And just like that the line went dead.
Anthony stole a glance at the barman as he walked swiftly out of the club, he saw the barman placing a call and looking directly at him, and at that point he knew he had to run. He ran towards the car park shoving different people and apologizing as he ran past them. When he finally got to his car he saw a man standing in front of the car with his back facing Anthony. ‘Hey! I need to get into my car please.’ Anthony spoke as he approached his car. ‘You cannot escape Anthony Chaser; you would pay for what you did last night.’ The man spoke without turning. ‘Who the hell are you and how did you know my name?’ Anthony panicked as he questioned the man but at the same time taking careful steps back to give him and the man space.
The man laughed. ‘I am what you humans call Death.’ The man replied Anthony and slowly turned to face him. Anthony gripped by fear was unable to take a step. The man had red flaming eyes and he wore a black suit with a black matching fedora hat. He held a walking stick that had the diagram of a skull molded perfectly on it. Behind him on the glass of the car he cast a reflection of himself but what scared Anthony were the wings that spread magnificently behind him. It was only on his reflection that the wings were visible and that freaked Anthony out.
He tried to run but he found out that he was surrounded by three other men who amongst them was the barman. Death raised his stick to the sky and it transformed to a very big sword decorated with dried blood. Anthony tried to process ways of escape but they all ended the same way with him getting killed.
He knew that this was probably the end for Anthony Chaser.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by Dranoid: 6:26pm On Aug 11, 2017
Bentube I sight you ooo........ You haff been busted
All of you dah wee read and not comment, if I catch you ehn, I will lipsrsealed..... Don't lemme talk that one now

Anthony chaser sha run well well as dem dey chase you
Re: What Happened Last Night? by fiyah(f): 5:42pm On Aug 12, 2017
Dranoid:
Thanks for the mention bro, finally the story haff landed. But before I continue let me call me fathers and mothers in the lord Theblessedman SmartestPopqueen Pamelb Bibijay123 Tgold1 Fiyah Abeg all of una come oo, story has landed
Thanks for the invite Dranoid. I'm here now
Re: What Happened Last Night? by YINKS89(m): 6:47pm On Aug 12, 2017
Nice piece ... Ride on bro.

Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 12:29pm On Aug 13, 2017
Okay... the chapter 2 is a lil bit shirt because it just like a bridge meant to connect to the other stories so I hope you enjoy it. oh and yinks89 thanks for the comment man. I appreciate it.

enjoy smiley

Anthony knew that this would be the end of him, but he wasn’t going down without a fight. Without thinking twice he rushed the barman with a roundhouse kick bringing him down to the floor. The other two men moved swiftly towards Anthony, one tried to sweep him off his feet but Anthony was faster than him, Anthony jumped and landed a quick kick on his face while he gave the second one a head butt on his nose. ‘You bastard! You broke my nose. You will pay for this.’ He moved to attack Anthony again. This time he was faster than before, he punched Anthony so hard he thought his eyeballs would pop out.
The other guy grabbed Anthony by the neck and slammed him on the floor. The barman pounced on Anthony and started landing punches on him like crazy. Anthony felt every part of his body ache, he was bleeding like crazy from his mouth and nose, his left eye was swollen and he couldn’t move. He lay there helpless.
Death approached him with a smile on his face. ‘You actually thought you could win? This is the end of the road for you Chaser .’ He rose his sword up and as he was about to bring it down on Anthony there was the sound of a helicopter with a blinding watch light. Bullets flew from within the chopper, hitting them and driving them back.
‘Hang on Mr. Chaser, we are here for you.’ It was the same voice that spoke to him on phone. He was carried to the chopper but he wasn’t able to make out anything because his vision was blurred. As the chopper took off Anthony coughed and tasted blood, he spat it out and tried to sit up.
‘Don’t try it Mr. Chaser, by the diagnosis made now, you are suffering from internal bleeding and you have two broken ribs, trying to stress yourself the more could complicate your condition. Just lie down and relax. We have a medical team on stand by, once we land you are going to be treated.’ The woman explained every detail to him. Anthony wanted explanations but he was in so much pains that he just closed his eyes and everything went black.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by YINKS89(m): 1:17pm On Aug 13, 2017
Fanks for d mention u re doin well bro... Ride on.

Re: What Happened Last Night? by Dranoid: 1:38pm On Aug 13, 2017
grin Chapter 2 has landed This piece is dope, more data to your phone #WhatHappendLastNight

Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 8:51pm On Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys sorry it took this long to post this chapter its been quite hard to write. I think I had a writers block but its gone now so.... Enjoy guys.

���

Anthony woke up to the steady beeping of a heart monitor, he tried to sit up but he felt a sharp pain in his chest so he just decided to stay put. He closed his eyes but almost as soon as he closed it, it shot open again. The image of death and his minions haunted him. He could remember looking into the eyes of death and seeing nothing but regret and pain.
He tried sitting up again, but this time slower, the pain wasn’t as much as before but it was still there. He looked around examining the room. There was another patient with him in the room. She had blonde hair and she was staring directly at him.
‘Um hey! Are you okay?’ Anthony asked as he saw her looking directly at him with eyes that felt as if they could see right through him. ‘Why are you looking at me that way? Are you sure you are ok?’
‘Don’t trust them Anthony, they will just bring you nothing but pain. I can change that, I can make your life more meaningful, all you have to do is accept me. Let me take the wheel Anthony, you don’t have to be alone.’ The girl spoke softly but as she spoke the air in the room got hotter, Anthony started sweating and his breathing wasn’t stable. His vitals started spiking, the alarms in the room started screaming for attention as Anthony felt his soul being drawn away from his body. He felt death approaching and he was surprisingly happy to embrace it. His soul stretched its hand towards the blonde woman who was suddenly standing at his bedside. To him this was a peaceful death that he was wiling to accept. No more fighting, no more running, no more pain, just peace on the other side of the world. And all he had to do was just take her hand.
‘Get away from him demon!’ An angry voice shot out as the door sprang open. Standing there was a man who was very stunning in appearance, his physique was intimidating and as he spoke Anthony could feel the temperature in the room returning to normal.
‘Why don’t you spear me the trouble and show your real form.’ The man spoke with so much authority that Anthony started doubting if he was human. The man took a step and just like that he was beside the woman. He grabbed her by the throat rose her up and slammed her to the ground. He started pounding her face to the ground till she burst into flames and pushed him back. She rose up from the flames with a disfigured face. ‘You want me to show myself right? Don’t worry you got it.’ She spoke with so much hate in her voice and suddenly she started transforming. Her legs transformed to hooves and it became very hairy, just like that of a goat’s. Her white skin turned black and it looked a lot like rotting flesh. Its body started expanding and it became huge and muscular. A head that once had the face of a beautiful girl now had that of a man’s face but on the head were the horns of a bull. Its fingers grew nails so sharp they could tear down a building with one strike. Anthony was filled with so much fear that he could not even believe what he was seeing.
The heart monitor by his side started beeping rapidly as his heart too was beating so fast. He thought he was dreaming but it wasn’t just possible. He couldn’t believe his eyes. Right before him was a demon, and he almost gave out his soul to it. The other man rushed the demon and two of them struggled hand in hand, one pushing the other testing their strength. The man was able to get one of his hands free and punch the demon right under the jaw with so much force it flew out of the hospital through the roof.
The man turned to Anthony and ordered him to stay there till he returned, and he jumped through the hole the demon beast made and went out to finish what he started. Anthony knew he had no other option but to obey so he struggled off the bed and moved towards a window and he stood there watching the two supernatural beings fight till the death.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2017
Anthony watched the fight with so much attention that he didn’t notice when another demon entered the room. ‘It’s a quite impressive fight if you ask me.’ The voice startled Anthony. He looked behind him to see a young boy of sixteen standing behind him, his eyes were red but his face was calm. He didn’t look like he wanted to harm Anthony he just looked like he wanted to talk.
‘Who are you and what do you want?’ Anthony asked scared of sounding too confident and causing a change of emotion for the demon.
‘Who I am isn’t really important, no, but what I want, yes, now that is a topic that I would like to discuss.’ He answered Anthony with a friendly tone as he walked towards the door. ‘Come with me please.’ Anthony hesitated and the boy smiled. ‘If I wanted to harm you I would have done that a long time ago, so please, come along.’
He stepped out of the hospital room with Anthony following closely behind. Anthony noticed that once they stepped out of the room they weren’t in the hospital anymore but in a cemetery.
‘Why have you brought me here?’ Anthony asked with caution.
‘They say the human mind is a funny little thing don’t you agree?’ Anthony shrugged. ‘Humans would act like they don’t know why some certain things are happening when we both know that’s a lie, don’t you agree Anthony?’ The boy smiled as he asked Anthony.
‘I seriously do not understand what you are saying.’ Anthony replied still cautious of not annoying he boy.
‘Enough!’ The boy screamed and his eyes flamed up. ‘I may not be able to read your mind due to the protection placed on you by your little friends but I can tell when you are lying. Don’t get me offended Anthony, where did you hide it?’ As the boy questioned Anthony, he started growing rapidly till he was a man of about fifty.
‘I swear to God….’ As Anthony was about to finish his sentence the demon screamed and hid behind a tombstone.
‘Never again call that name, or else I would torment you so bad that you would take your own life and you still wont die.’ The demon screamed from behind the tombstone.
‘I’m sorry, I’m so sorry, but I don’t know what you are talking about.’ Anthony replied the demon and that was when the demon knew what was wrong.
‘By the look of things you are telling the truth but at the same time you are lying. Your memory has been stolen from you, that’s why you cant remember vividly what I want. I guess its better that you do not remember while I go and meet the person behind this. Good day Mr. Chaser.’ The demon waved his hand and Anthony found himself back in the hospital room.
He quickly rushed to the window but he didn’t see the demon and the other guy anymore.
‘We need to get out of here, and we need to make it fast.’ The man who fought the demon spoke from behind Anthony and Anthony could see that the fight took his energy because he didn’t look as strong as before. But what caught Anthony’s attention was that the man was bleeding and he began wondering if angels bleed.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by YINKS89(m): 9:34pm On Aug 18, 2017
Lolss.. Dis story sounds like shadow hunter... Ride on bro more ink to ur pen.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 8:55am On Aug 28, 2017
Guys I'm very sorry that this is coming so late. My head was blank... . hope you enjoy. .. Dranoid abeg no vex with me ��

Anthony and the man sat in a deafening silence as they drove, Anthony wasn’t sure what to ask first because he had a million questions ready to pour out of his mouth like a waterfall. He then decided to go with the regular question that starts a conversation.
“Do you have a name? I mean you know mine its only fair if I know yours.” Anthony waited for a reply but the man didn’t show interest in chit chat. “Thanks for saving me by the way. I mean if it wasn’t for you I could be dead.” The silence still hung in the car.
Feeling defeated Anthony stared out of the passengers window. He started thinking about his friends and family, hoping they wont be involved in this mess, he thought of Jack his younger brother of sixteen. People always said he had a wild imagination because he always talked about demons and angels, he had no friends because unlike other teenagers who go partying or playing games he spends all his time listening to theological lectures or reading the pages of revelations over and over again. He never for once went to bed without reading revelations but he never prayed before sleeping. At times he freaked people out but that never bothered him.
When his parents bought him a play station 4 just to amp up his social life, he never acted interested in it, instead he sold it and used the money to order books like angels and demons by Da Vinc, Dantes Inferno and a lot of other books that talk about heaven, hell, demons, angels and others. His dad was furious but he didn’t care.
“Mozich” The man said causing Anthony to jump out of his thoughts, his voice was loud and clear, and it was a little bit frightening.
“What?” Anthony asked confused.
The man looked at Anthony and smiled. “You asked for my name. Mozich. That’s my name.”
“Oh yeah. So umm, Moshiph……”
“M-o-z-i-c-h.”
“Ok you know what I’ll just call you Zick.”
The man shrugged, “Fine by me.” He kept his eyes on the road but some thing wasn’t right about him. Anthony looked at his injury, he could see the bloodstain but he wasn’t bleeding again.
“What are you?” Anthony asked a bit frightened . “You cant be an angel because you bleed and you don’t have wings, but at the same time you cant be a demon because all demons who have chosen to side with Satan are loyal. So its either you are a science experiment or you are a demon who’s deceiving me and trying to gain my trust then end up throwing me at the feet of the devil. Which are you?”
Zick looked at Anthony for a moment then returned his gaze to the road. “Actually Anthony, Angels bleed. But unlike human their blood is gold in colour and if a mortal touches it well lets just say molten magma is a coolant compared to it. But there are some people pure in heart that it cant affect. Now what I am is in the middle of Angel and Demon, good and bad, You get my drift?” Anthony shook his head. “Ok, I’m a Fallen Angel. A thousand years ago I was sent to earth with Michael’s team, we were sent to prevent the gates of hell from being opened by Lucifer’s followers, I’m talking about witches and people experimented on with both dark magic and science. Well all was going good till I made the biggest mistake of my life.” Zick looked away and parked the car.
“I’m sorry about asking Zick.” Anthony felt bad knowing how it feels to be castigated for making a mistake.
“Don’t worry about it. Its just so hard for me. Well the bottom line is that I was stripped of My white wings and my position with my fellow angels in heaven and I was sent down here to either keep running from demons as I have been doing for the past one thousand years or join Lucifer. The choice is mine.” Zick started the car and kept driving again.
“Sorry to ask but why don’t you just join Satans legion?” Anthony asked expecting Zick to get angry but he got a calm response.
“Are you a catholic?” Anthony nodded in response to the question Zick asked. “Ok good, then you know what penance is.” Anthony nodded again. “Now for the past One thousand years I’ve been hunting and killing demons as my self given penance hoping that one day I would be accepted back. One day.”
Anthony decided not to pry any further so he just drifted into an uneasy sleep.
Re: What Happened Last Night? by Dranoid: 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2017
Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 6:06pm On Aug 30, 2017
OK guys so here is chapter 6. I hope you enjoy it ��

“Tony, bro, man I don’t know where the hell I am but I’m in deep shit man. Bro please I need your help man. I don’t know how long the connection is gonna last but I hope u get this message and you come get me bro.”
Anthony woke up with a jump. He looked around and found out that Zick wasn’t in the car again. His brother wasn’t there either but he could swear he heard his voice from somewhere.
“Yo! You good in there man?” Zick called from outside. He was fueling the car. “looks like you had a nightmare man.”
“Jack, Jack’s in trouble Zick. I have to get home I have to help my lil bro. We have to turn back man.” Anthony poke without stopping to catch his breath, as he spoke he stumbled out of the car still spooked out on what he just heard.
“Dude we’re almost there, we need to get to the safe house before they come for you again man. You can’t just turn us back because you just had a nightmare man.” Zick tried to calm him down but Anthony was freaking out, he was shaking so bad he couldn’t stand straight. He fell to the floor and kept shaking as his eyes started turning white and he started bleeding from his nose. Zick knew what this was but he couldn’t believe that it was actually happening.
“W-what’s haap-pening to me Zick?” Anthony was filled with so much fear that he couldn’t think straight. He tried to stand but he fell back to the floor, he felt like his body was submerged in the atlantic ocean but his internal organs felt like it was in a volcano. He kept shaking vigorously, hands flying about and clawing at the air, legs kicking and ripping the air apart, his throat felt like he was being strangled. His head was banging, he thought he was going to explode till all of a sudden he just passed out.
“Anthony, Dude, You awake man?” Zick knelt by his side as he started regaining consciousness, his vision was blurry at first till all of a sudden he sprang up and grabbed Zick’s neck breathing rapidly.
“Its all good man, it’s ok, you are ok man. Chill out, we have an audience.” Anthony looked behind Zick and saw a small crowd gathered around them. “Just play along man, I got you covered.”
“What happened?” Anthony managed to ask as he sat straight on the floor.
“Oh man don’t do that to me again brother, you got me scared.” Zick said and hugged Anthony for a very long time.
“Should I call an ambulance?” An old woman asked from the crowd.
“No, no thank you. Its just my typical brother, he is ill and doesn’t want to stay on his meds. I’ll take him to the family doctor. Thanks a lot mam.” Zick quickly replied the woman. He managed to help Anthony to his feet and as they were about walking to the car a man asked from nowhere how sure they are that Anthony was related to Zick and how sure are they that he isn’t a kidnapper.
“No no, he’s my brother. Tell them bro.” Zick looked at Anthony for support, hoping he would understand the situation they are in right now.
“Yeah, yeah, he’s my brother Zick. It’s all fine, he’s just looking out for me.” Anthony finally came to the rescue. As they made their way to the car Zick kept thinking about what just happened ant he knew how worse the situation just got.
“Nice going man. That was close.” Zick whispered.
“So you mind telling me what the hell happened to me out there Zick?” Anthony asked after they had driven for about fifteen minutes.
“You’re not gonna like this one bit Anthony. And I can assure you that I would help you but you must keep calm and trust me man. Can you do that?” Zick replied as he kept his eyes fixed on the road.
“Yeah man I can.” Anthony reolied a little bit scared.
“What happened to you out there is something big man. All the symptoms add up, they all portray traits of a person fighting for his life.” Zick explained.
“So what does this mean Zick? I’m not catching your drift man.” Anthony replied as calm as he could bring himself. Zick parked the car and looked straight into Anthony’s eyes.
“You just got a message from hell man. Only souls that haven’t died but are trapped there can send that message man Souls that are strong and are fighting hard for their lives man.”
“Wait, that means….”
“Your brother’s in hell man. Jack is trapped in hell.”
Re: What Happened Last Night? by Dranoid: 12:46am On Aug 31, 2017
The story is nice, but your use of 'man' in this last chapter was excessive and redundant
Re: What Happened Last Night? by JayDEntertainer: 7:21pm On Aug 31, 2017
Its chapter 7 guys. Lemme know what you guys think. I'm not sure if u should go on. What do u guys think

Zick kept driving as he and Anthony made their way to the estate where Anthony's family lived. Anthony couldn’t think straight, he didn’t understand how Jack got to hell, he didn’t want to believe that his own brother was dead, tears rolled down freely from his cheeks.
“He’s not dead Anthony.” Zick reassured Anthony as he moved his hand from the gear to his lap.
“But you just said he was in hell. How else do you go to hell if not by death.” Anthony spoke choking in between sobs.
“Ok, let me break it down to you.” Zick cleared his throat. “Dead souls cannot interfere with the living. If you are dead, you are dead, someone else takes your spot in the land of the living. Only some souls are given the permission to interfere with the living and those are souls that want revenge, but to do it they have to make a deal with Lucifer, when they have had their revenge their torment for eternal life would be multiplied, and nobody would want that.” Zick looked to check if Anthony was paying attention but he couldn’t tell because Anthony was looking outside, but he continued. “Some souls get kidnapped by demons which is very rare and it’s a great risk for hell, some souls get there when they die and are brought back to live by things like CPR and other medical stuffs like that. The ottom line is that a dead soul cant send a message from hell, but that doesn’t mean its easy for a living soul too. Its just like call of duty, when you fire a bullet you can be seen by your opponent on his map, so when you send a message from hell, there’s no hiding place for you. Things like that make demons go wild. All forces would be after your ass, and when you are caught, oh shit, its going to be the worst thing you’ve ever imagined. Imagine being tortured eternally, but the bleeped up part is that both your body and soul go through so much pain you would beg for death. That’s what Jack would likely be going through right now. And I promise you, I would do anything in my power to save him. I promise.” Anthony looked at Zick and nodded. He had stopped crying but his eyes were red.
“What’s the time?” Anthony finally spoke. His voice was shaky but he tried hard to stop crying. He promised himself that its either he saves his brother or he dies trying.
“Its four am.” Zick replied after looking at his watch. Anthony nodded in satisfaction and went back to being mute. He tried to sleep but after a minute his eyes shot open as he felt the car jerk to a stop.
“We out of gas? I thought you filled it up.” Anthony inquired.
“Stay in the car Anthony. Whatever you do do not step out of this vehicle.” Zick ordered Anthony as he stepped out of the car. Anthony tried to question Zick but he kept shut as he saw a figure a few feet infront of the car with wings spread out. Anthony’s heart skipped a beat, fear gripped him. He looked out of his window and saw nothing moving, everything froze in place as if time had stopped. But he didn’t know that time had actually stopped.
“Mozich. How nice to finally meet you in person. I would be taking Mr. Chaser from here please.” It was a man that spoke, he was as muscular as Zich and his skintone was that of a black Americans own.
“I’m sorry pal I cant do that.” Zich spoke to him as he stood facing the man. They were so close that their noses were almost touching. The man smiled and looked at Zich.
“You’re making a mistake Mozich. Cassandra wants him. And you know how possessive she is.” The man spoke to Zich with so much confidence that if a fight breaks out he is sure to win.
“Tell her I said if she wants him she has to go through me.” Zich shot back with his own confidence spilling around.
“She thought you would say that.” The man smiled. And just like that he put his hand on Zich’s chest and Zich flew away like he had just been slammed by an overspeeding truck. He landed on the hood of the car so hard that he dented it. The man walked up to Zich, picked him by the neck and slammed him back on the hood. He started landing punches straight to his face. He grabbed Zich by the jacket and slammed him to the floor. He looked down on Zich and smiled.
“I guess I’ve made my point on how bad she wants the boy.” The man spoke and walked to the car, but before he could get to the car Zich grabbed his leg and pulled him to the ground. Anthony watched the fight from the safety of the car and noticed the real colour of the man’s wings was silver. Zich got up and looked at the man as he too got up.
“Let’s make this a fair fight Alan.” Zich removed his jacket and his silver wings rose majestically from his the comfort of his back.
The two fallen angels looked eachother in the eyes and Anthony knew that this was going to be one crazy fight.

How To Buy And Sell Books In Nigeria With Ease / I Am Looking For Good Book Marketers / Between Achebe And Soyinka?

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96