Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,419 members, 7,808,493 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:42 PM

Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) (520 Views)

[list/link]top 5 Happy Birthday Songs By African Artists / New Hiphop Mp3 Songs Free Downloads / What Are The Genres Of Hiphop/rap We Have In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 11, 2017
Today 11th August we celebrate the birth of hiphop music.

A back to school party in Aug 11, 1973, Dj Cool Herc invented hiphop by using two turntables to elongate the instrumental side of a song.
As a result of this the break dance was invented with different styles.
Then the Dj's and party hosts (mc) started using microphones to hype up the party with talks and rhymes over the break beats. This gave birth to hiphop MCs

Check out a link to the evolution of hiphop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrqDFDEJMmU
Re: Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lovers of hiphop come let's celebrate.
What's your favourite hiphop track/your best Mc of all time
Re: Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) by Greatzeus(m): 7:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Am on my second marriage,hiphop my first wifey....Nas (hiphop is dead).
Congratulations to me and all hiphop lovers around the world. Even though it's a shadow of what it used to be,but hey it's all good.
Hiphop ain't dead,she just took some couple of shots,I brought it back to life....The Game (One Blood. Remix).
I love hiphop/ rap music so much,thanks to those guys who knew what it means to be real,to those legends gone,RIP.
These guys made me love hiphop,just few of them below.
Nas
Big
2pac
Rakim
Big L
Jadakiss
Az
Dr Dre
Ice cube
Jay Z
The Game
Rick Ross
Guru Jazzmatazz
Foxy Brown
Canibus
Wu Tang clan( Raekwon especially)
Jarule
Capadonna
Mobb depp
Scarface
Mase
I can go on and on, I bet you new generation hiphop fans haven't heard of most of these guys grin it's ok
And to the new generation rappers,I respect y'all but you got it too easy,then no internet,no YouTube,you must be very good to get to the top or to be famous,today release a crap,put it on Spotify and YouTube,boom you are famous already undecided

2 Likes

Re: Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
As we celebrate the birthday of hiphop here is the history of Nigeria hiphop
https://www.nairaland.com/3982550/history-nigerian-hip-hop
Re: Happy Birthday To Hiphop (44years) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 11, 2017
Oga seun and airmark make una come wish hiphop happy birthday

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need Heavy Naija/Afro Dance Beats? / Freshmusic : Jay Kulest - Beast (mp3) / Listen To It Or Not It'll Be The Biggest In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.